PDA

View Full Version : How badly was this game programmed

NAVI1212
07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Hello @ all

I just made a few test the last days and i came to a conclusion.

I guess as many members who downloaded the game we all have the same expirience about this game. All my friends who downloaded the game have the same expirience.

Since we downloaded the game, the dashboard is so slow that you sometimes have the feeling the xbox would just freeze.

So i made my own test and removed the game and the save game from my xbox. Played a full day without a slow dashboard, nearly freezes etc.

So then i installed the game again and the same slow dashboard/nearly freezes came again.

Another expirience is when the game is installed and you just dont start the game for the whole day it is nearly ok, the dashboard is still slower then normal but if you once start the game and get back to the dashboard it is slow again :mad:

So i think there must be something which is running in the background when the game is installed and for sure when the game is once played and you dont turn off the system.

Who made the same expirience??

Cheers

tjx92
07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I can't honestly say that my dashboard has slowed down/frozen more often since the download, but I can say that my xbox keeps freezing on me when I play 1943 for 3+ hours. My friends have also been experiencing the same problems since its been released.

chris113113
07-14-2009, 10:36 AM
I haven't had a problem with my dashboard slowing at all. It's been fine and I've had the game since release.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-14-2009, 12:03 PM
My dashboard has been freezing/slowing down ever since they did the maintenance a month ago. And my game has not freezed ever since they fixed the server issues.

thelastlambda
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Nothing has happened to me... yet. I know this sound like a stupid response but what if it has to do with Coral Sea. If the game unlocks Coral Sea automatically at 43 million kills then maybe the servers are sending out the exact kill count to each xbox. I know I kind of worded it wrong but you get the idea.

NAVI1212
07-14-2009, 01:37 PM
My dashboard has been freezing/slowing down ever since they did the maintenance a month ago. And my game has not freezed ever since they fixed the server issues.

Also for me but with Battlefield installed it is even more slow then after the last update.

Maybe i should create a poll to check how the percentage is of players who have issues with the xbox after they installed the game

EDIT:

POLL INCLUDED NOW

Blastvader
07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
None that i've noticed like. The crashes after a long time playing sounds like a memory leak. But i thought that wasn't meant to happen on a 360, what with it's architechture and all. Though i suppose anything based on a windows kernel is bound to have a few....million software bugs.

D00mM4r1n3
07-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Zero problems here. Over the weekend I played the game twice for 6 hours at a time. It has never crashed or frozen once on me.

DeafSunchaser
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
no problems here! u may just need to buy a new console lol! :)

WaltX
07-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Weird. No problems over here.

ZundayXx
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
My game library loads slower but theres like tons of other arcade games in there.

If you uspet yourself over 10-20 seconds you're a plain loser.

Bleeding Star
07-14-2009, 04:30 PM
first of all you dont install Battlefield
second theres been nothing wrong with Battlefield
third of all the dashboard has been laggy as hell since NXE

StolenPaper18
07-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I've had no problems.

guillermo316
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
mine is always pretty slow,I mean, it takes a while to load up the stuff, also with the guide button and friends' pic and stuff.

A Satyr
07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
second theres been nothing wrong with Battlefield
Lol, yeah...:rolleyes:

Bleeding Star
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Lol, yeah...:rolleyes:

I had a little lag for like the first hour and its been perfectly fine ever since, that to me is no problems

A Satyr
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I had a little lag for like the first hour and its been perfectly fine ever since, that to me is no problems Besides not connecting 20 dozen times ive froze about 5 times

Bleeding Star
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Besides not connecting 20 dozen times ive froze about 5 times

well maybe thats something your end, I havent froze once and the only time I couldnt connect was when my own internet was being spazzy, not a single BF related problem, guess Im just lucky

A Satyr
07-14-2009, 09:53 PM
well maybe thats something your end, I havent froze once and the only time I couldnt connect was when my own internet was being spazzy, not a single BF related problem, guess Im just lucky Must be cause i play with 4 other guys who have all frozen multiple times in different matches

MarcoPolo360
07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Considering it's exactly the same as BF BC but with different skins it's most likely your system that is the problem.

Bleeding Star
07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Maybe its the time I play, I usually play from around 8pm to 2am UK time

chris6777
07-15-2009, 08:15 AM
how can one honestly say there is nothing wrong with battlefield 1943?
this is just another perfect example of the choices videogame companies make nowadays. meaning... lets rush everything on the market as quick as possible so we won´t loose a damn cent. i think all these bullsshit issuses happening the first days since its start, show us all how important a beta phase is. without a beta shit like this will become the golden standard for every other videogame company on the market. i am not trying to bash battlefield, it is pretty neat for an arcade online shooter. but it could have been a lot more fun if quality insurance and not profit would be the highest priority of all videogame companies (even and god forbid for saysing so EA). Please do not reply with shit like well they tried and they could not have anticipated the popularity and rush on the product and other silly remarks, because that is all bullshit. If EA would have given it a little more time and a beta, gamers like you and me would not have to spend 1200 points and push quick match 50 times in a row just to get into a shitty, laggy game that is full of glitches and bugs, that let your system freeze.

Now for the dashboard, yes the dashboard has become slower since the last major update but not that slow, just try it for yourself..... turn on you box and check how fast or slow your dashboard usually is e.g. push the guide button and scroll arround. now startup battelfield and connect to the ea servers, play one round then quit the game. now check your dashboard again i doubt it will be as fast or slow as before you played battlefield. if its really slow. restart your box...dashboard should be faster again. for all those with constant freezing issues...delete the game and just keep your gamesave. clear your cache. restart you box and download battlefield again. sounds crazy to you???
well it worked for me and i dare you to try it out for yourself........

Do not always tell people its their system causing freezes and other problems with this and other games. In most cases, it is the software which is causing a game to freeze and once in a while the system e.g. overheating, RROD etc.

CHEERS EVERYBODY

Taiyz
07-15-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm throwing the idea out there that your Hard Drive is the problem. 1943's a 600 megabyte file. Maybe its size is interfering with other parts of the console. I don't know if the 360 uses a page file, but if it does, hard drive space could directly influence memory.

I'd say that it's impossible for the game to have done something to the operating system.

Thegreatest7884
07-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Do what fixes every problem with the xbox - Clear your cache!