PDA

View Full Version : Coral Sea is active!

CGPsaint
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Come and get some!

ShotgunGorilla
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
hell yeah, time to take to the skys and fight for our lives, whilst being shot down by the bugger whos behind you shotting you and you cant dodge, kamakazi time

Gun-Nut
07-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Nice :) will have to quit out my current server soon and give it a go :)

Maybe I'll finally get good with the planes :)

KNUCKS x360a
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
At last!! :Bounce:
Checking it out now...That was a beast of a 4-Day BF1943 marathon!!:p

Pashos
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
When I try to play Air Superiority it keeps saying the game is no longer available. :(

UCB Disco
07-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Is it part of the Quick Play playlist? Or is it its own category?

Like, if I DO feel like playing just planes, can I do that? And if I don't want to, can I just do the regular gametype? Thanks for the help.

FlyingSMonster
07-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't understand why the Battlefield games don't implement a custom search. Am I just supposed to keep searching through Quick search in the hopes Coral Sea will pop up?

wolvieware
07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Can't believe it was unlocked so quickly! I've only contributed 12 kills to that total :D

Hopefully this coral sea will help me get a kill in a plane for the achievement where you need to get a kill in every vehicle. The plane one is the only one I'm missing.

I need to play this game more.

CGPsaint
07-14-2009, 09:42 PM
It is an option on the main menu called Air Superiority. Essentially what happens is both teams take off from 2 Aircraft Carriers each and it makes a huge arial battle in the middle of the map. You do NOT have the option of not flying as it says that you have left the Play Area once you bailout. The servers have been dropping like crazy so if you don't see it, it's because the servers and the leaderboards are going down left and right.

MisterSquidward
07-14-2009, 10:23 PM
It seems that most of the time your just standing around on the carrier waiting for planes to spawn, along with a load of your team-mates so its pot luck whether you actually get to play :confused:

A Satyr
07-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Thats just stupid, it should respawn planes the second they leave. Garbage

Strongbow
07-14-2009, 10:34 PM
A problem I have noticed is that everyone spawns on the same ship, hardly anyone spawns on the second ship where planes are just left unused, apart from that I think it's alot of fun but I don't know how long that will last.

Blastvader
07-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Is it part of the Quick Play playlist? Or is it its own category?

Like, if I DO feel like playing just planes, can I do that? And if I don't want to, can I just do the regular gametype? Thanks for the help.

As said before it's in it's own menu. But the dev's said on the last Major Nelson Podcast that it would also be part of the normal map rotation.

WaltX
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll check it out right now! :woop:

BlindxLink
07-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Anyone notice on the ticker it says that the 43 mil kills was "to easy".

LOL.

DeafSunchaser
07-14-2009, 10:39 PM
to be honest i dont like the new map! can fly a plane to save my life just did a round and Kills 0 deaths 13 LOL

MisterSquidward
07-14-2009, 10:43 PM
As said before it's in it's own menu. But the dev's said on the last Major Nelson Podcast that it would also be part of the normal map rotation.

Aw gosh whats the point of that?! Thats just gonna mean quitting out and finding a new server anytime coral sea comes along :(

Canuklehead
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Anyone notice on the ticker it says that the 43 mil kills was "to easy".

LOL.

Yeah, I got a smile out of that. No one said software programmers could spell...

A Satyr
07-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I got a smile out of that. No one said software programmers could spell... Well the worst they did was have the marines say semper FI as semper FEE like retards...

Blastvader
07-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Aw gosh whats the point of that?! Thats just gonna mean quitting out and finding a new server anytime coral sea comes along :(

well apparently. Gordan van Dyke said so...but i've played through all maps 3 times today and it never turned up.

thealmighty1200
07-15-2009, 06:54 AM
is it just me or is air superiority game mode abismal. i was under the impression that we were just going to get a new map that had loads more planes on it than the regular ones.

Jimbo76
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Oh dear. its not having the best response is it?

II RUFF II
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
It was my mate who was the 43,000,000 killer, what a coincedence! He got a pair of 1943 sunglasses, t shirt and something else, quite happy for him!

Simzo
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I enjoy it, only because I love flying and I'm really good at keeping up a chase. I usually came out on top as well so this is a big plus for me.

Canuklehead
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
It's pretty fun. I like flying, so I'm digging it.

I kind of wish there was some sort of land involvement. I mean, I know the battle was a naval engagement with carriers... but they put islands down there, let us walk on them.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Well the worst they did was have the marines say semper FI as semper FEE like retards...

Good so I am not the only one has noticed it too.

It's pretty fun. I like flying, so I'm digging it.

I kind of wish there was some sort of land involvement. I mean, I know the battle was a naval engagement with carriers... but they put islands down there, let us walk on them.

But the battle at Coral Sea was pretty much strictly between planes. That's why there is no land involvement.

Necro Knight
07-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Pretty cool, yeah. I like flying too. I had trouble with activating the trial so I practised a lot in the tutorial.

Anyway I've played it only a few times because of the teammates who go to the AA's and start shooting at the still neutral airplanes on deck. My teammates and I were shooting at this dickhole who with bazookas and riflegrenades but he didn't get the message. You can't kill him so. Also what one of the posters above said, you respawn on one ship all the time.

Another odd thing that happened was enemies bailing out at the other ship and using the AA gun there. Which is odd because aren't you supposed to die 3 second after you jump out?

Anyone else had these problems?

Pashos
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Another odd thing that happened was enemies bailing out at the other ship and using the AA gun there. Which is odd because aren't you supposed to die 3 second after you jump out?

Anyone else had these problems?

You won't die if you jump out onto a carrier. Only if you jump into the water or on one of the islands.

Necro Knight
07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
You won't die if you jump out onto a carrier. Only if you jump into the water or on one of the islands.

Even when you land on an enemy carrier? wow, lame...

Rifle Elite
07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Anyone else hate those friggin' noobs who jump out of their plane or crash their plane into the landscape right before you shoot them down? It happens a lot to me and Ive missed quite an amount of points and kills thanks to them

MarcoPolo360
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Even when you land on an enemy carrier? wow, lame...
Unfortunately, that is the only problem with this gametype and this whole game actually. You shouldn't be able to go into the enemies spawn points. Yesterday I tried coral sea for the first time thinking "hmm this will be fun" but as soon as I get in a plane some noob comes running out behind the command centre of my carrier and blows me half way to hell.

EDIT: 400th post :D

Canuklehead
07-15-2009, 10:40 PM
It would be a great improvement if enemy carriers were "out of bounds" areas. That way Japs suicide on Yank carriers and vice-versa. Would solve a whole lot of complaining.

Rifle Elite
07-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Indeed now it still pretty often happens that some rocket guys are on top of my carrier and are destroying any plane that tries to take-off

A Satyr
07-16-2009, 10:11 PM
My uncle got his first sniper effeciency on coral sea...