PDA

View Full Version : BF1943 Easter Egg floating cubes?

Ry8an25oliver93
07-15-2009, 12:26 AM
YouTube - Battlefield 1943 having fun Montage. (Buggs, weird, awesome kills and some fun!)

At 2:56 in the video it shows a weird floating cube, I was wondering if this was an easter egg or a glitch. I've seen the same cube on Wake Island before, but other people on my team could not see it. I also recently saw one on Guadalcanal that was black and kind of looked like a file cabinet. So DICE is this a Easter Egg or glitch, just curious.

Anyone else see these cubes?

Here's a pic: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x185/zma924/Picture1-2.png?t=1247619307

Apple
07-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I've actually seen that before, right after I exited from a tank. My guess would be that it's not an Easter Egg, but rather bad coding not hiding it.

Gun-Nut
07-15-2009, 12:43 AM
I've played for a fair few hours and never seen that cube.

MoonSka
07-15-2009, 01:07 AM
I've seen the same thing on Wake Island. Just a bit of bad coding like Apple stated.

Manic Ado
07-15-2009, 01:42 AM
ive played for 41 hours, havent seen a cube, but sometimes well loads of times i get like this horrible black line going on my screen when i look at certain angle

Gun-Nut
07-15-2009, 02:13 AM
ive played for 41 hours, havent seen a cube, but sometimes well loads of times i get like this horrible black line going on my screen when i look at certain angle

Yeah I've had that! Was worred it was my console till I noticed it never happend on any other game I've been playing.

Taiyz
07-15-2009, 08:35 AM
ive played for 41 hours, havent seen a cube, but sometimes well loads of times i get like this horrible black line going on my screen when i look at certain angle DICE has stated that this is an issue with the game's shader.

I'm not sure if the cube is included with this, but the crazy black and white lines going all over the screen is certainly a shader problem.

I haven't experienced the cube, but my friend did yesterday. I've experienced the shader glitching personally.

Thegreatest7884
07-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I think that was what happened to me when I was flying the plane. It happens in Fallout sometimes, unless I'm mistaken.

JC
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I have seen around 3 white cubes floating around on my time playing.

Probably something to do with coding, like an object marker or something.

Iuratus
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I know exactly what it is. It is the first person camera from a vehicle. This popped up for me while I was on Guadalcanal. I knew it was the tank camera because I got in the tank next to it, then got out of it and walked 'into' the cube, and saw the exactly same view except my gun was in my hand. It occurs when a vehicle is blown up. I don't know how it appears, but I know it is the 'camera' of the vehicles.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
07-17-2009, 03:22 AM
I think that was what happened to me when I was flying the plane. It happens in Fallout sometimes, unless I'm mistaken.

Yep, I've seen that graphical bug in both Fallout and BF43.

MediumMelanin
07-17-2009, 04:21 AM
whoa, don't think I've seen that.

DENAz666
07-17-2009, 07:07 AM
DICE has stated that this is an issue with the game's shader.

I'm not sure if the cube is included with this, but the crazy black and white lines going all over the screen is certainly a shader problem.

I haven't experienced the cube, but my friend did yesterday. I've experienced the shader glitching personally.

Yeah i get that one occasionally too, only usually lasts for a little while though. Usually by the time i get off the boat from the carrier its stopped

thelastlambda
07-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I know exactly what it is. It is the first person camera from a vehicle. This popped up for me while I was on Guadalcanal. I knew it was the tank camera because I got in the tank next to it, then got out of it and walked 'into' the cube, and saw the exactly same view except my gun was in my hand. It occurs when a vehicle is blown up. I don't know how it appears, but I know it is the 'camera' of the vehicles.

Probably mixed with bad coding in that spot, the tank does completely disappear...

Also when the screen gets messed up like that its called screen tearing.

OctagonQontrol
07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Maybe totally off-topic (and keeping in the back of my mind it's "only" a small XBLA-title) but EA/DICE have been having problems getting their shaders right on almost everyt Battlefield released so far.

The buggiest was BF2 where sometimes 1 pixel would bleed out its edges and look like a 1000-stingy-see-monsters taking up the entire screen. It's follow-up (dunno, in the future game), had issues with AA-guns and some transports and now 1943 bugged.

Ow well, putting my trust in DICE (as coders) to eventually get it right for BF:BadCompany2 and ofcourse BF3!!!!:woop:

eshewitt
07-18-2009, 01:46 AM
I have never seen the cube but I have seen lots of black lines on my screen.

General Twinkie
07-18-2009, 02:39 AM

Ive gotten that black line too right when i spawed at the begiing of the game.
the line is kinda gray/black