PDA

View Full Version : So...What do ya think?

Faithxchaos
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Well most of us older gamers knew what to expect from this awesome masterpiece, but I was just wondering what any of those who haven't played any of the Monkey Island series before think about it?

operation remie
07-15-2009, 12:11 PM
i never played monkey island 'cause i was big into RTS when this came out but i did play tentacle. so i'm sure i'm gonna love this game.

psymatiq
07-15-2009, 12:16 PM
freaking awsome so far.

tunaleg
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm an old school gamer (played this when I was 9), I'm loving this so far. The new graphics and voice acting are great and it still retains the original feel. Like walking around for example.. and they kept the Loom sales pitch. To me this is what gaming is all about. This is without a doubt the best thing ever on XBLA and one of my top 360 games. Thanks to Lucasarts for doing this

tastefulmrship
07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I made sure I played the game COMPLETELY in both new and olde modes. I preferred the olde mode, however!

echoes999
07-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Gotta say I'm loving it so far. It's been a long time since I've played this but immediately I remembered the music and the whole beginning when I started playing. What a great feeling. I really hope this sells well so Lucas puts out more of these old classics.

Faithxchaos
07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I know when I first heard they were bringing Monkey Island to XBLA I was a little dubious and worried that it would be a half arsed attempt at a sequel, but then when it was confirmed that it was a remastering of the old game I was ecstatic. It's strange how a game that's 19 years old (wow I was only 4 at the time...and still remember my dad playing it) can remain so fresh and funny, and I must admit it's nice to be able share a game with newer gamers that was such a memorable game when I was younger.

KingBroly
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm definitely fine with the new art style (It reminds of the Clone Wars tv show, but in still painting form). However, the voice acting is a bit stiff. The controls are pretty good actually, so if you can't get the PC version, it's not that bad.

Grenwolf
07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm enjoying the change and it's interesting how the voice acting adds to the game. It's not the best voice acting, but I still find myself laughing at the lines. As for the art, I don't know which one is better. I like the updated art, but I still have a soft spot for the old graphics.

EddStrid
07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Controls worked better than I thought they would do, even during the speed action mini-puzzles. It's a great revamp of a classic.

I like the new graphics but the old style still pulls at this nostalgic heart.

Not sure if they did the same thing with The Curse of Monkey Island as it's been a while since I've played it, but I liked having the two different recordings of retorts. A quivering voice for one that wasn't going to work and a confident tone when you had countered the insult correctly. A nice touch to a well polished game.