PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition <-> Classic Edition?

x LeXXuz x
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm confused. What is the Classic and what is the Special Edition?

tastefulmrship
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM
CLASSIC is the olde graphics & front-end. It has no voiceover & is bloody nostaglic!

ENHANCED is the new graphics & hidden verb-table. It has the same voice cast as the third Monkey Island game, Curse of Monkey Island.

You can swap between versions AT ANY TIME by pressing the BACK button. You even get an achievement for your troubles! How nice is that?

Personally, I loved the new voiceovers, but preferred the CLASSIC mode! I guess I'm just an olde fart!

brooks2000
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM
I only just bought this game so im not 100% sure but i think the classic is the 1990 version and special edition is the new remake

x LeXXuz x
07-15-2009, 05:06 PM
You can swap between versions AT ANY TIME by pressing the BACK button. You even get an achievement for your troubles! How nice is that?

Personally, I loved the new voiceovers, but preferred the CLASSIC mode! I guess I'm just an olde fart!
Yeah me too. I did not knew that you can switch between these modes. Well I would prefer the classic one as well (played it couples of times back then), IF I still had an old CRT to play it on. On a large LCD TV it looks kind of... uhmm... awkward... :D Thanks for your help. :)

Talinth
07-15-2009, 05:33 PM
After playing Monkey Island i don't know how many times back in the day i welcome the enhanced version =)