PDA

View Full Version : End of Credits message

SYN HYPE
07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
"Guybrush will be back" (or something to that effect). This can't be refering to Tales of Monkey Island surely as the first episode of that's already been released. Can we assume that work has already begun on a Monkey Island: LeChuck's Revenge special edition?

Hopefully so and then a REMASTER (not remake) of Curse of Monkey Island and then an upgrade of Escape from Monkey Island (improving the character models mainly).

Also bring Tales of Monkey Island to the 360 (this week's sentuamessage pretty much confirmed this anyway).

tastefulmrship
07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I would probably die if LucasArts released an updated GRIM FANDANGO on XBLA. For me, the very best adventure ever!
Monkey Island was great, but Manny Calavera wins it for me!

Ghinn
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Exactly. That's the big kahuna, the one I'm waiting for. Would be nice if they built up to it by releasing all the old 'venture games. Wouldn't mind DOTT, Sam & Max, and Full Throttle, and never got to finish The Dig. Hell, even the first Maniac Mansion would be good with updated graphics, and if they got the DOTT voices for a remake of the original MM, that would be awesome. Odds are, if they're even considering re-releasing Grim Fandango, they'll go through all the other ones first.

B1indSide
07-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I would probably die if LucasArts released an updated GRIM FANDANGO on XBLA. For me, the very best adventure ever!
Monkey Island was great, but Manny Calavera wins it for me!

I bought my wife a new PC eight years ago just so I could play Grim Fandango... I've only ever owned a Mac and Scummvm.org never finished their Residual project which would have let me play it, although they have a new site (http://residual.sourceforge.net/) up this year, but it's still not fully functional... yet.

But if XBLA could get a port, I'd be ecstatically happy.

Also, awesome posts on the unfortunately deleted PorscheGirl's thread tasteful, witty as always. However isn't "cos" really spelled (spelt, for you) 'cause, as in short for because? Or am I just getting too old to keep up now?

B1indSide
07-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Exactly. That's the big kahuna, the one I'm waiting for. Would be nice if they built up to it by releasing all the old 'venture games. Wouldn't mind DOTT, Sam & Max, and Full Throttle, and never got to finish The Dig. Hell, even the first Maniac Mansion would be good with updated graphics, and if they got the DOTT voices for a remake of the original MM, that would be awesome. Odds are, if they're even considering re-releasing Grim Fandango, they'll go through all the other ones first.

Full Throttle was awesomely cool back then, unfortunately they canned the sequel so who knows if they think it'd be worth a revisit of the original. Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max would definitely be the next one's... but you never know. The Dig was alright, but not my favorite, I just hope Monkey Island: SE sells enough to warrant a remake of the sequel. Finger's crossed.

Oinkness
07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
It said that on the original game. And it's true, Guybrush came back in the sequel.

wolvieware
07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
I've just picked up Full Throttle on PC CD for my not-very-good laptop, and it plays perfectly. :D

tastefulmrship
07-16-2009, 06:52 AM
I bought my wife a new PC eight years ago just so I could play Grim Fandango... I've only ever owned a Mac and Scummvm.org never finished their Residual project which would have let me play it, although they have a new site (http://residual.sourceforge.net/) up this year, but it's still not fully functional... yet.

But if XBLA could get a port, I'd be ecstatically happy.

Also, awesome posts on the unfortunately deleted PorscheGirl's thread tasteful, witty as always. However isn't "cos" really spelled (spelt, for you) 'cause, as in short for because? Or am I just getting too old to keep up now?

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! That thread has gone, you're right! Ah, dammit! I was proud of that! Why, oh why was it removed? It was a bit of fun, against a troller, in the style of the Monkey Island humour!

You bring up an interesting point, there! 'COS and 'CAUSE are both right. However, 'cause can be mistaken for cause (a completely different word, afterall) and so 'cos is a better phonetic choice, especially for those who write the same way they talk.
Discuss...

metallicorphan
07-16-2009, 11:31 AM
i am up for any remakes/ports they put out on XBLA

one thing though,why has Telltale games made Tales of Monkey island the 6th in the series and not the 5th,they say that they are gonna let Lucasarts make the 5th game...and Lucasarts have said they wont be making any new adventure games until 2015..so Tales i am in no rush for,TBH

so it goes like this,seems dumb to me

1)-Secret of Monkey Island
2)-Monkey Island 2:LeChucks Revenge
3)-The Curse of Monkey Island
4)-Escape from Monkey Island
5)- - - - -
6)-Tales of Monkey Island

iRob
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
If we get Curse of Monkey island i will cream my pants.

Reggiez
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Having played through "Monkey Island: SE" today I can only state that I would be all over any further remakes (as long as it's done in the style this one was). Didn't remember how much fun it is to play a great adventure game such as this one. :) I really hope this one sells well enough to make it worth everyone's while to continue updating other games.

dirge
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Just finished the game and saw the 'Guybrush Threepwood Will Return' message at the end of the credits too. Never got to finish the game when I was younger, think I got as far as inside the giant monkey head. Well chuffed i've now completed it and would love a new version of MI2, which I also never finished. Never played the other Monkey Islands, so would also love it if they come to XBLA too. Feels good to play a point and click adventure after all these years. :)
Here's to many more point and click adventures hopefully! :drunk

Jeff.Spectre
07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
did anybody else just play this game without breaks until they finished it?
coz i just spend a whole day playing this game.....day well spent indeed.

i'm a nerd by the way in case u didnt guess :woop:

LeftHanded Matt
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
The original credits didn't have "Guybrush Threepwood will return" did they? They said, "Turn off your computer and go to sleep."