PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island killed my Xbox!

freemonk
07-16-2009, 07:10 AM
*Sigh*, well it probably didn't, but after downloading it, and booting it up, I was all excited!

The intro started, and then *Bleep*, it stopped. Oh ok, I thought, it's stalled.

Restarted the Xbox.....Startup scree..oh checker board screen! A Darth Vader 'Nooooooooooo' came out of my mouth.

Tried again, and 3 lights! Red Rings of Death. :(

So, a few weeks before I can play Monkey Island!

Pixelated Punk
07-16-2009, 08:53 AM
dang, that sucks dude. Get it fixed fast so you can play the goodness that is Monkey Island!

RuYi
07-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Awww sorry to hear man. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Faithxchaos
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
What a pain in the arse that is! I think I would have cried if that happened to me, I'd been counting down the days hours and minutes until I could finally play.

freemonk
07-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I was soooo angry and upset, especially seeing as this is my 2nd Xbox, with my 1st Xbox being repaired 3 times!

Now it's going to take 2-3 weeks before I get my Xbox back! :(

EddStrid
07-16-2009, 07:41 PM
I didn't do too badly with mine being returned, got it back within a week and I was expecting longer. Probably depends on location though and where yours has to be sent back to.

Unfortunate to have it happen at any time, more so on the day this beauty got a makeover. Hope you get it back soon.

dacunhasilva
07-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Man, that suck!

I know what it means...

MacPhisto
07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh Lord here we go again. Why does there always have to be one of these alarmist "(insert game) killed my 360!" threads every time a game gets released? As much as it sucks that your 360 is out of commission now, I can pretty much guarantee you that it was a pre-existing condition and NOT Monkey Island that caused your 360 to bite the dust. The fact that you got a RRoD when you went to start the game is pure coincidence, otherwise you'd be seeing posts from hundreds of other people saying the same thing. That being said, I hope you get a better 360 back soon so you can play this awesome game! :)

T0b3
07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh Lord here we go again. Why does there always have to be one of these alarmist "(insert game) killed my 360!" threads every time a game gets released? As much as it sucks that your 360 is out of commission now, I can pretty much guarantee you that it was a pre-existing condition and NOT Monkey Island that caused your 360 to bite the dust. The fact that you got a RRoD when you went to start the game is pure coincidence, otherwise you'd be seeing posts from hundreds of other people saying the same thing. That being said, I hope you get a better 360 back soon so you can play this awesome game! :)

*Sigh*, well it probably didn't

FAIL.

Hope your xbox is fixed very soon.

freemonk
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, my Xbox got picked up from UPS this morning and is on it's way to Germany!

Hopefully 1-2 weeks, although it could be up to 3 weeks.

The saving grace is that a friend of mine is going on holiday for a week from today, so he said I can have his Xbox whilst he's away! Happy days!

collapsedbeef
07-17-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah that always sucks
i got a rrod from oblivion (i guess over 100 hours of dvd spinning will cause enough heat).

miiiguel
07-23-2009, 01:18 AM
I have to agree with MacPhisto, this threads are kinda lame, even if the OP than says "well probably not". No game can damage your 360, as in no code can damage the HW, well it can stress the CPU and cause overheating but there's no such thing as "I bott game X and all the sudenely it all went RRoD", that's silly. Sorry don't take me wrong but ppl should just stop saying those things it makes the community look silly.

jab1981
07-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Weird... Mine red ringed playing this game too! I was pretty sure it was dying when I left it to auto-download the Ghostbusters demo and it only finished half of it. I made it a few hours into Monkey Island and it died for good. I just went out and bought a new Arcade unit though, my 360 was a launch unit and well out of warranty. At least now I have HDMI and some internal storage! And the sluggish guide seems a bit snappier on the new unit. I won't lie, outside of paying $200 I was pretty excited to get a newer console!

ChumbaWumba91
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Dude im feeling that right now, i was gonna buy it and then BOOM! red lights :(

Osiris11235
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
I still hold a grudge for my XBOX getting the RROD after a rather enjoyable session of Soul Calibur IV. I say the graphics were too good darn it!!!