PDA

View Full Version : [Karma System, Suggestions toward Boosting]

SetsunaFSeiei
07-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry if any of them fail (im sure they will), but it doesnt hurt to see what the people think. Sorry in advance if my choice of words are horrible, always hated english >.>

1. A User Karma system (so to speak), kinda like xbox lives 5 stars reputation thing to see how good of a user one is before trusting them. Theirs little people like that here in the forums, but i think we should be weary of them. Also added to that Karma system , something like a special comments linked showing why people rated them the way they did (kinda like how customers do on ebay) and limit all this to once per user (we wouldnt want spam)

2. A boosting partner search linked with our x360a profiles. You click to the overview of the game and have a section their "Whos looking to boost" or something of that sort. And itll be linked to people who have those games listed in thier profiles as games they need help boosting in (Possible User comments on any specifics, achievement wise). Im aware people have their games listed in their signatures , and the Achievement Trading Threads.
But we cant look at EVERYONE's signature to see what some of them are currently boosting, some people probably have their options set so they cant see that. With the Achievement Trading Threads, Lot of people tend to just post and expect people to start messaging them, but if everyone had that same mindset, no one would get anywhere.

3. This is a smaller request as opposed to the above , simply having a date and/or time of when each post was submitted. Why ? This goes back in regards to Achievement Trading. Some games dont really have a large amount of people trying to boost it, but it might be good to have sort of a knowledge of when each user was looking to boost, so you have an idea of who might still need boosting help and might already be done.

Thanks you for your time

-SetsunaFSeiei

DreadfulCorpse
07-16-2009, 10:51 AM
There is a reason why this site does not have a karma system already. In my opinion this idea will not be implemented.

Seany Show
07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I really like the second idea that you have going on. Would be good to see a list of people who want to boost a specific game. Only thing is if people didn't update enough or if they forget then their names would stay on the boosting lists and might get hounded with requests to play that game. Also not too sure about the karma as people with multiple accounts could munipulate the effect of the system.

The Pants Party
07-16-2009, 12:17 PM
1. No go, turns into a popularity contest.

2. You just described the achievement trading thread. If people want to boost, they'll be in there.

3. You can see what time a post was made directly above everyone's name on the green bar.

SetsunaFSeiei
07-16-2009, 04:39 PM
3. You can see what time a post was made directly above everyone's name on the green bar.

Didnt see that O.O , Anything thanks for the feedback n.n;

Wee Benny 2k7
07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I like the boosting Karma sort of thing.
Would be better if there was something to post feedback specifically. I know there is a visitor message system, but something below it and different for Achievement Trading feedback would be better.

dakisbac
07-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Like Pants said, rep for boosting would be abused pretty easily. Some people would rep their friends even if they didn't do any boosting.

I agree, let's keep any sort of rep/karma system off of here. Tis part of the reason i don't go to GameFAQs anymore

Fizzmatix
07-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Sadly these systems never work, I have seen and been apart of sites that have used them and they just end in fights and stupid arguments over silly things.

If there was some way to regulate the system like if your friends with someone you can't give them karma but it would still get abused as users would gang up on people who says something out of their own opinion and then get hassle for it.