PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

DonnyCong
07-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I can't master the Time Trials. I think I don't know how to do the corners right can anyone help me?

Another question I got is if the achievements stack. Like if I can start on the difficult mode right away.

Which teams (people) should I get to get every achievement? I was thinking about Boonen for Green Jersey, Astana (Contador) for the white and yellow jersey and Astana also for the "climb" jersey.

Thanks for the help. ^^

ADP VDP 101
07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
i'am having the same problems with the timetrail, loosing a lot of time on 90c corners.

Donny, can you confirm that Normal is junior difficulty ???

DonnyCong
07-16-2009, 11:00 AM
i'am having the same problems with the timetrail, loosing a lot of time on 90c corners.

Donny, can you confirm that Normal is junior difficulty ???

yes it is. Junior is normal. I got the same problem as you with only the corners. I am always top 10 untill I come to the place with the corners.

Requiem Kata
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
I cant even get in the top 10 before the corners, any tips?

I was also thinking Contador for Yellow Jersey and Cavendish for Green Jersey

ADP VDP 101
07-17-2009, 09:07 AM
You can easy get the White- and polka (mountain) jersey with Contador.
For the Green Jersey you could take Boonen, i do not think Cavendish is in the game.

Time trail remains a problem, but i came within 2,50 of the yellow jersey at the and of my first tour.

ig g0dz
07-17-2009, 02:52 PM
ye time trail sucks hard lol like the 4e etappe is a team ettape not solo..

but i used astana and cadel evans won on the end i was 4e i had the white yersey and the mountain yersey whit livi leipheimer i go now again whit lotto whit cadel evans i am now 31 in time trail and contador is 60e:) i hope gona win but i shall use first astana and then u know how it works little more i hope the time trail is someone making a vid who get it then u can look i go whit 35 on a corner and i was one time 26 whit ehh leipheimer well gl

Raythebest
07-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I just got the time trial on Normal mode achievement. And I'm pretty close to the one on Difficult. It's definately possible. Use Fabian Cancellara on Stage 4. That's my best tip. There are only 2 sharp corners and for those you need to get a good angle and hit the grass to slow down at high speed instead of braking.

ADP VDP 101
07-18-2009, 08:10 AM
I just got the time trial on Normal mode achievement. And I'm pretty close to the one on Difficult. It's definately possible. Use Fabian Cancellara on Stage 4. That's my best tip. There are only 2 sharp corners and for those you need to get a good angle and hit the grass to slow down at high speed instead of braking.

Good to hear somebody beat the timetrial.

You mean hitting the gras on the outside corner or inside??

ig g0dz
07-18-2009, 11:07 AM
guys woot! im now first whit valverde on yellow yersey whit higest diffcult:D
i won 2 stage and hes 3e in green yersey and first in the mountain yersey to and this the hardest diff so take valverde he rock

ig g0dz
07-18-2009, 12:12 PM
ok guys i won the yellow yersey 2 times on : junior whit cadel evans, and on proffesional i won whit valverde i also won on proffesional whit valverde the green jersey and the mountain yersey i need 4 achievements green yersey on junior. white yersey on proffesional (they easy) so i need to learn the time trail any ideas ?

well thats how i did it. kool game:D

DarkAngelz7
07-18-2009, 01:40 PM
I did time trials (normal and pro) today.

4st stage is the best (2-90 corners), pick Cancellara and try to keep 54 km/h all the race (try to stay in light orange, not red). When you're before a corner, slow down a bit and cut into the gras (if you do it well, you won't loose more km/h than after you slowed down). I had -6' seconds at the first checkpoint, +5' at the second checkpoint (you'll loose time because they do more than 54km/h i think) and -11' at the last one.

If you don't loose time with corner, you can win with no problem at all.
Good luck.

Raythebest
07-18-2009, 03:55 PM
It's different everytime. I've had some good times on Difficult being 10 seconds in front on the second checkpoint but they somehow get crazy times 20 seconds better than what people have pulled off on the leaderboards in the end. It's a matter of luck actually. If you have a good race, hope that they had a bad race.

DarkAngelz7
07-18-2009, 04:07 PM
They often get some time at the second checkpoint :) After, yeah it's only luck but they often do really good job :(

ig g0dz
07-19-2009, 12:20 PM
i need only the 2 time trails left but i dont get you do you need to cross whit like 45 on a corner? and u slow down in the grass?

Raythebest
07-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Do a smooth turn, let's say if there is a left turn. Stay on the right side of the road untill a little before the turn then you start turning, try to hit the grass so you slightly lose speed. And not alot. On stage 4 you should be about 25-20 seconds in front on the first one most of the time if you do it right.

davhuit
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
That suck! I finished the 4st one with +0 but got ranked 2nd =\

Alwindb
07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
can anybody put some video of the time trial on normal?

ig g0dz
07-21-2009, 06:25 PM
but do you turn speed off to or not.. well i dont get it:P im 9e now whit cancelarre a movie on youtube or sumthing will be hulpfully thanks!

davhuit
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Personally, best time I did like I said before was 0' but I only got ranked 2nd.

Then, best times I did except this one was 7', 3', 3'.

Once I'll have managed to deal with the turns, it should be okay (right now, I have to low the speed a lot by braking, and so I lose a few seconds).

What we need to know is :

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/tdf.png

Is it like 1, 2, 3, or 4 ? And at how much km we need to take the turns (to know how much time before we need to slow down without using the brakes).

davhuit
07-25-2009, 01:18 AM
I got the junior time trial, so it's the drawing n2.

I would say that there isn't really any technique to get it, I often lose it with a good time, and two days ago, I did 33'51 and it has been enough to be ranked 1st.

Then, I retried it again, did 33'48 and I didn't been ranked 1st so it highly depend of the opponents time, except if you manage to take the turns perfectly, which I don't.

I even braked a lot at the second turn, and it was enough.

The best would be to release the A button a bit (slow down) at the end of the RMC signs at the right of the road for the first turn, then turn left a bit (not completely or you'll hit the left side of the road), waiting again that you slow down a bit, then to turn left again.

Once you'll do it right, you'll manage to cut the grass on the left (like the drawing n2) for the first turn.

For the second one, I would say to slowdown just before the big blue thing upper of the cycler, but I didn't manage to take it right so I slowed down a bit, turned left, then braked a lot, and then gave everything I got on the B buttton !

Since I have the game, I probably did 50-75 tries (maximum 100 I think) to get it.

About the Profesionnal one, I think there is not other choice but to take the turns perfectly (and it seems the cycler is less maneuverable in Professional mode).

ADP VDP 101
07-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Did someone find a trick to make Cancellara the first cyclist in order, because i'am sick of going through the whole team before i can have another go with him ??

lord eaker
08-01-2009, 12:21 AM
you can make him start second for sure but idk about first.

davhuit
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM
When you choose the team members, use "LEFT" on the D-PAD to remove any members you don't want to play with (just keep Cancerella and he'll be the only one to do the time trials), you'll see an icon dissapear to the left of the name.

You can do the same during the whole tour, even though I noticed it to later personally ^^;

Truly Iconik
08-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the guide's I've got 200 now for those still struggling keep trying and you will get it

DA Donginator
09-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I am playing normal mode using Astana & only Contador for every stage

Can I get the achievements with multiple riders?

Get Mountain, young rider, & yellow w/ Contador

Then start using another Astana team member that is close in points for the green jersey??

[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Personally, best time I did like I said before was 0' but I only got ranked 2nd.

Then, best times I did except this one was 7', 3', 3'.

Once I'll have managed to deal with the turns, it should be okay (right now, I have to low the speed a lot by braking, and so I lose a few seconds).

What we need to know is :

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/tdf.png

Is it like 1, 2, 3, or 4 ? And at how much km we need to take the turns (to know how much time before we need to slow down without using the brakes).

you want the entry of 2 and the exit of 3.