PDA

View Full Version : Fruit help

fever84
02-21-2006, 03:04 PM
ok going to try and get all 100 fruits i have 64 atm no idea which ones i need, i am stuck on fruit number#44 on the faq guide the pearl one, i found the pearls but i cant get the last 2 in the star fish any help ?

UraMallas
02-21-2006, 03:14 PM
You can't get the pearls into the starfish? Remember, there are more starfish then you can see at one time. Red ones and blue ones. The Blue ones are the ones you place pearls in and are all underneath and inside the cave area.

p.s. I am also having trouble with this particular achievement. I have 98 fruits and everything else as well. Can anybody remember some particularly hard or obvious ones that they themselves missed?

DaveWilma07
02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I have all 100 fruit, but the last one I needed to find was behind the entrance to the Snow Temple, following the Ice Path with 40 Below. Do you have that one Mallas?

Also, have you collected all the fruit that drops from the trees and acorns ?

doadea
02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Pushing those pearls onto the starfish was a b*tch....you can't use major ruin, you have to use Kameo herself. And when they accindentally fall into the water, getting them out again was very frustrating. especially on the last one where you need to push it a long distance.

doadea
02-21-2006, 06:06 PM
p.s. I am also having trouble with this particular achievement. I have 98 fruits and everything else as well. Can anybody remember some particularly hard or obvious ones that they themselves missed?

If you missed one the only thing I can reccommend is to use the guide/walkthrough and visit every location. That's what it might take. OR, read the guide and see if you can remember to yourself "hey I have never been there" from the discription in the guide.

DarkDutch
02-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Pushing those pearls onto the starfish was a b*tch....you can't use major ruin, you have to use Kameo herself. And when they accindentally fall into the water, getting them out again was very frustrating. especially on the last one where you need to push it a long distance.

use deep blue ;)

DaveWilma07
02-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Yes! I was thinking about suggesting that too. I used deep blue and could move the pearls about quite easily.

TheIcemanCometh
03-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I've been working on the 100% Complete this weekend myself. This is the section I'm on now. It's much easier to use Deep Blue to get the pearls OUT of the water, and then to use Kameo to push them over to the starfish.

I have a question about this level, though. Where am I supposed to (specifically) have Rubble push the Rock Monster after I break him up? I have no clue. I think I've pushed that thing all over that level - no luck.

Also, I can see a Fruit against the cavern wall across the water up on a ledge, but I can't find ANY way to get to it - is that where Rubble needs to go? Where do I take it specifically, and what do I need to do to 'activate' the building of the bridge?

TheIcemanCometh
03-06-2006, 12:35 AM
I have all 100 fruit, but the last one I needed to find was behind the entrance to the Snow Temple, following the Ice Path with 40 Below. Do you have that one Mallas?

Also, have you collected all the fruit that drops from the trees and acorns ?
How exactly do I get across the cavern near Chom's Den to get the elixir that's over there? I know you're supposed to use a Hop then a Rush, but I still can't make it across. Am I supposed to Hop up, then Rush, or Hop over/forward, then Rush?

TheIcemanCometh
03-06-2006, 01:07 AM
I've been working on the 100% Complete this weekend myself. This is the section I'm on now. It's much easier to use Deep Blue to get the pearls OUT of the water, and then to use Kameo to push them over to the starfish.

I have a question about this level, though. Where am I supposed to (specifically) have Rubble push the Rock Monster after I break him up? I have no clue. I think I've pushed that thing all over that level - no luck.

Also, I can see a Fruit against the cavern wall across the water up on a ledge, but I can't find ANY way to get to it - is that where Rubble needs to go? Where do I take it specifically, and what do I need to do to 'activate' the building of the bridge?
Wouldn't you know it. First time I play after posting this message, I figure it out. Turns out it's not really a "bridge" at all - more like a ramp. It's over where the teleport is to the entrance of the level. Go over to the corner by the ledge, and the ramp is automatically built. You have to use Major Ruin to jump across to the a small landing area. Since it's so small, I had to switch to Chilla in mid-air after not being able to keep Major on the landing area three times in a row. Then, you use Major's Hop and Rush moves to get to the other landing area where the Fruit is.

One unexpected thing though - in the first landing area is where the sign for Riddle Clue #5 is. Another fruit there too. Woo-hoo!

I now have all 4 Eyes, 9 of 12 Elixirs, and 74 of 100 Fruit.

Always Wrong
03-06-2006, 03:34 AM
I have 99/100 fruits, 12/12 elixers. I have no idea where the last fruit is, but I'm going to start in the ice place. By the way, iceman, hold forward when you hop to get that one elixer, it will push you forward halfway in the air. In the middle of that hop, charge up and roll to the other side. The same works for getting back.

TheIcemanCometh
03-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I have 99/100 fruits, 12/12 elixers. I have no idea where the last fruit is, but I'm going to start in the ice place. By the way, iceman, hold forward when you hop to get that one elixer, it will push you forward halfway in the air. In the middle of that hop, charge up and roll to the other side. The same works for getting back.
Thanks for the tip - I had already figured that out after I posted as well. I am now sitting at 4, 12, and 94 on Eyes, Elixirs, and Fruits. Not too much longer and I should be there. I think three of the remaining four fruits are the "?" challenges on the levels. Didn't mess with too many of those in the Single Player.

DaveWilma07
03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Glad you figured it out IceMan. Is that the last achievement you need to complete the game fully?

I still need to get A grade on Forgotten Forest... its extremely irritating! lol

TheIcemanCometh
03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Glad you figured it out IceMan. Is that the last achievement you need to complete the game fully?

I still need to get A grade on Forgotten Forest... its extremely irritating! lol
No, I don't have any of the Co-op or "graded" achievements yet. I'm hoping for that Kameo patch that will allow Co-op over Live !!! ;) I have been attempting the graded achievements though. Went from 3,000 to 24,000 to 186,000 in three games on the first one. Getting better!

DaveWilma07
03-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Nice one man, you'll simply love forgotten forest. Trust me.

TheIcemanCometh
03-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Just got the 100% Complete achievement. That's a lot of work for 50 points!

As most people seemed to have, I got stuck at 99, and had to go back through everything again to find the last one. Turns out it was Chom's Game in Snow Top Village. Funny thing is, I was in there earlier this afternoon and played about ten games, and didn't get it. Decided to stop in again as I was going through Snow Top again and guessed correctly the first time.

Yippee!! :D

DaveWilma07
03-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Congratulations mate.