PDA

View Full Version : Stop Ruining Air Superiority please!!

ZundayXx
07-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Serieusly, every single game of Air Superiority i played theres always at least 2 guys going to my teams aircraft carrier and get on our flak gun, it ruins the whole damn feeling in my opinion.

Practically the same goes for the fuckers who encircle my aircraft carrier waiting for me to take off and then they nab a quick kill.

For the love of god you mindless idiots, the objective is to capture the giant circle in the middle. Yes, i know you win by killing us, but its the noobiest thing i've ever seen to camp my AA gun. Its even more noobie then the Chainsaw in gears 2 in my opinion.

Ow and: Yes, lately i check all 4 of my AA guns before taking off.
So please if someone who works for DICE is reading this do something with 1 of these 2 ideas:
1. Just remove the AA guns from the carriers.
2. Have a suicide penalty when your on the enemy's carrier.

MediumMelanin
07-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Yeah, no, I don't think they're going to do either those two things you mentioned.

A Satyr
07-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Maybe if there was infinite planes

DENAz666
07-17-2009, 07:00 AM
lol about the dudes circling your carrier, just jump on a AA gun and mow them down before you take off. Also they don't get a kill if they kill you whilst you still on deck, i noticed that the other night.

Thing that pisses me off is stupid idiots on my team thinking its funny to blow up our planes with RPG's, not letting ANYONE take off. Every second game there is at least one of these idiots, drives me nuts!

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 07:30 AM
So please if someone who works for DICE is reading this do something with 1 of these 2 ideas:

1. DICE isnt gonna read this
2. Even if they read it they arent gonna change the whole game to your likings
3. This game mode is free. Therefore, ordering DICE they have to chance everything costing them more money is a bit.....

But I think everyone here make look it worse then it is. Ive played ~10 games so far. In only 2 games there were people camping. Your teammates CANNOT destroy a plane if you are in it, so you just camp at the plane spawning and as soon as they spawn get in them.

Jimbo76
07-17-2009, 09:59 AM
what you talkin about remove the AA guns. i think they are great for taking out the enemies. for a start it stops clever dick enemies droping bombs and trying to land on our carriers killing people as soon as they spawn. like someone said, sure you get idiots trying to blow up their own planes,you get divs on every game. just spawn on the other carrier if you can.

Simzo
07-17-2009, 10:02 AM
This is nothing compared to the dick heads who destroy the planes as soon as they spawn, and I'm talking about team members.

KNUCKS x360a
07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Serieusly, every single game of Air Superiority i played theres always at least 2 guys going to my teams aircraft carrier and get on our flak gun, it ruins the whole damn feeling in my opinion.

This is nothing compared to the dick heads who destroy the planes as soon as they spawn, and I'm talking about team members.

Yup.

I had to stop playing yesterday because of this, & its not just Air Superiority, 3 games in a row I jumped in, there were people destroying ANY/EVERY vehicle so their OWN Team couldn't do anything...

It literally put me off 360 for the day, & I can only see it getting worse. Wasn't the Xbox originally marketed for 18-25 yr olds?!...Now that they are making it more mainstream almost daily, more & more Sunday Gamers/Kids/Losers are ruining the experience for everyone else.

Ah the good ol' days!

True I Skill
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
What? U was acturly being serious? :eek: If u rly rly did care it would be best to send an email off to them, More chance of them reading it, But No chance of them acturly giving a shit.

ZundayXx
07-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't actually want them to read it.. its proven that Developers never listen to annything at all.

I just wanted to see the opinion of x360a on this.
Ow and: They can fix this easily, just make it so you get a suicide penalty on the enemy carrier. Shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Yup.

Wasn't the Xbox originally marketed for 18-25 yr olds?!...Now that they are making it more mainstream almost daily, more & more Sunday Gamers/Kids/Losers are ruining the experience for everyone else.

Ah the good ol' days!

Hey, there are also good peeps who dont belong to that age category. Although 90% of these peeps who do this are kids, its not like 90% of the kids do this (with this Im not saying Im a kid)

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't actually want them to read it.. its proven that Developers never listen to annything at all.

I just wanted to see the opinion of x360a on this.
Ow and: They can fix this easily, just make it so you get a suicide penalty on the enemy carrier. Shouldn't be that hard to fix.

You dont understand that its a whole company that makes those games. They cant chance everything to the likings of some people. Take a car manufacturer for example; if their customers want a bigger trunk in their car they dont immidiately chance the whole car concept just because of a bunch of complaining people.

All in all it isnt that easy to change those things, plus there always is something peopel will complain about. If they fix this, people will find something else to complain about. Plus all these changes will cost them quite some money ; you should be happy in first place that they released a new map and a new game mode for free. You dont see often that arcade games get free DLC

KNUCKS x360a
07-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey, there are also good peeps who dont belong to that age category. Although 90% of these peeps who do this are kids, its not like 90% of the kids do this (with this Im not saying Im a kid)

At what point in my Post, did I state that ALL or indeed 90% of Kids do this?!...

It says, [I know because I'm reading it right now;)] , MORE & MORE Sunday Gamers/ Kids / Losers are ruining the Xbox experience for other people!

*Sound of me leaving this Thread for good & getting on with my day*

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
more & more Sunday Gamers/Kids/Losers are ruining the experience for everyone else.

Ah the good ol' days!

Its not like you are saying 90% of the kids are ruining the games but you arent exactly optimistic about the younger peeps either

ShinAkuma
07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Well its there to use it..So...Dont whine?

JamKaBlam
07-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Wish i could agree or disagree but i think the map sucks hugely. Such a dissapointment and a waste of time unlocking in my opinion. Might as well play a better and proper gameplay map than just flying around in circles rinse and repeat.

Jimbo76
07-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Wish i could agree or disagree but i think the map sucks hugely. Such a dissapointment and a waste of time unlocking in my opinion. Might as well play a better and proper gameplay map than just flying around in circles rinse and repeat.
I quite like the map. i like to play a few games on the coral sea map, get bored, and go and have a few games on wake island, iwo jima etc. its nice to have a change you know.

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 02:33 PM

What did you expect then? That there were floating landscapes in the air?

JamKaBlam
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Well all i knew is that it was a plane warfare map that you needed unlocking. I initially thought it was going to be a case of holding capture points but in the sky instead of one large ring. I also thought you would of atleast been able to fight on the ground although it would be sniper heaven.
I enjoy flying planes as much as the next guy but the fact that all you can do is fly around in a small space playing cat and mouse, rinse and repeat with nothing else to do gets old incredibly fast for me.

Sploitz85
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
You know, I was really hoping they were going to make Coral Sea as it was in BF1942. Those little islands all had little mini-bases on them. No flags so your team couldn't spawn on them, but they had some AA guns and machine guns, so if you had to bail you could at least do something other than just die.

Also, am I the only one that misses the torpedo planes? I know the torpedos are worthless since ships can't be sunk, but I loved having a tail gunner in 1942. Sigh. Nostalgia.

ZundayXx
07-17-2009, 05:35 PM
How about flying fortresses??
The idea: Your team starts in a flying fortress and parachutes out and there ya go...
( Flying fortresses are massive airplanes which cary troops arround and deploy them )

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Well all i knew is that it was a plane warfare map that you needed unlocking. I initially thought it was going to be a case of holding capture points but in the sky instead of one large ring. I also thought you would of atleast been able to fight on the ground although it would be sniper heaven.
I enjoy flying planes as much as the next guy but the fact that all you can do is fly around in a small space playing cat and mouse, rinse and repeat with nothing else to do gets old incredibly fast for me.

There's nothing wrong with not liking a certain map or a certain gamemode, but if fight on ground was in it it would be pretty much the same as the other maps. This gamemode is meant for those that like plane vs plane fights

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 09:06 PM
How about flying fortresses??
The idea: Your team starts in a flying fortress and parachutes out and there ya go...
( Flying fortresses are massive airplanes which cary troops arround and deploy them )

Yup a second World War game couldnt be more realistic than that...

OctagonQontrol
07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Pssst, not nitpicking but the "original" Flying Fortress (aka B-17) was never used for troops but C-47 was...:rolleyes:

/edit: and apologies to the guys that were in my first ever Superiority-game; think I might've used flak on our own guys before I figured out what to do...

Caleel
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
your bitching has been done since battlefield 1942 years ago nothing changed then nothing changed now. live it with or move on. Ive been playing 1942 since it was released and they changed a little things like not being able to TK before you could now in 1943 you cant which is one step in the right direction. As for your camping its part of the game it always has and always will.

MarcoPolo360
07-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Can't you just leave the match? I've only had 1 time where my team mate destroyed my plane before I got in it.. I just learned where the plane spawns, so literally the second it spawned I got in it before it was destroyed.

Simzo
07-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Can't you just leave the match? I've only had 1 time where my team mate destroyed my plane before I got in it.. I just learned where the plane spawns, so literally the second it spawned I got in it before it was destroyed.

Meaning I never get to play Air Superiority, cos this happens every single match I'm in, without fail.

OctagonQontrol
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
At least you guys can get to play Air Superiority; I suck soooo hard on flying I have a hard time getting 3 kills in an entire round... Still, battling RSI to get the 50 kills award eventually.

Ow, and found a glitch the other day (so don't get mad at some peeps): if someone hops into an aircraft and lags out for some reason, he/she will keep the aircraft occupied on the carrier. Check the scoreboard ingame if that person is still online. If not, shoot the plane twice with a bazooka to have it spawn again without the laggy player.

ZundayXx
07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Yup a second World War game couldnt be more realistic than that...

... Dumbass...
Flying Fortresses where NAMED that way!! They're not actual fortresses they're just big planes...
Ugh... you never seen a WW2 movie??
You're just ignorant annyway.. don't know why im bothering you annymore..

OctagonQontrol
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
... Dumbass...
Flying Fortresses where NAMED that way!! They're not actual fortresses they're just big planes...
:confused: Either someone really confused some comments or chill-pill-prescription has run out?

Still wondering why an addition like that would make the game better/realistic; large scale troop-deployment by air wasn't really done till late '43 and only really picked up around D-Day (which we all know, finished the war quite quickly).

CGPsaint
07-18-2009, 03:34 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090717.jpg

This image sums it up in regular conquest mode. As far as Air Superiority Mode goes, I am getting tired of the dickheads who fly to my carrier and then try to snipe the spawn. Do people realize that you do not get any points for killing in the spawn? What's even worse is your own teammates who try to blow up the airplanes to screw their own team over. Play the fucking game people.

ZundayXx
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
GSP, you're 100% right.

I myself am one of the only people that knows how to handle a plane well in conquest mode. Appart from the ocasional radio tower just annoying me.
There are always those idiots who shoot my plane thinking that i will actually give them the plane. Well think again, im not giving it to you... And when they finally get a plane, refer the image GSP has in his post.

OctagonQontrol
07-18-2009, 03:58 PM
^^ 100% agree

Hell, I sometimes even wait if I spawn with a better player in the game and only 1 plane available...

Rifle Elite
07-18-2009, 10:16 PM
... Dumbass...

lol why are a lot of kids just always annoying, and once they are frustrated and they got killed online and they put all their frustration into a single post which they post on a forum, whoever disagrees with them in any way they tend to get even more angry?

Guess no forum online is kids-free....

In at Man
07-19-2009, 06:01 AM
GSP, you're 100% right.

I myself am one of the only people that knows how to handle a plane well in conquest mode. Appart from the ocasional radio tower just annoying me.
There are always those idiots who shoot my plane thinking that i will actually give them the plane. Well think again, im not giving it to you... And when they finally get a plane, refer the image GSP has in his post.

Being one of the "only" people that knows how to handle a plane well in conquest mode, it seems that opposing planes camping your aircraft carriers and opponents hoping onto you AA guns should be no problem for someone of your skill level.

Jumping on an opposing team's carrier serves a purpose, even if you don't get points from it. Also, doing away with the AA guns would lead to more camping.

Taiyz
07-19-2009, 06:29 AM
I don't really know about the original 1942 maps, so I was just thinking that Coral Sea was going to be another Conquest map, and that Air Superiority would encompass all maps and just focus on dogfights. Honestly, limiting the mode to a single map is a pretty bad idea, and if what I've read here is true, I'd love to have some AA turrets on some of the islands.

lol why are a lot of kids just always annoying, and once they are frustrated and they got killed online and they put all their frustration into a single post which they post on a forum, whoever disagrees with them in any way they tend to get even more angry?

Guess no forum online is kids-free.... I'm not sure you have a right to talk smack. It really seems like you're trying to save face because you didn't seem to understand what a Flying Fortress refers to.

OctagonQontrol
07-19-2009, 08:13 AM
... I'm not sure you have a right to talk smack. It really seems like you're trying to save face because you didn't seem to understand what a Flying Fortress refers to.
Again, there seems to be a misunderstanding? Although I might be reading wrong as well, I never saw an edit in any of the posts regarding the Flying Fortresses. And in all fairness, Rifle Elite, has got a point that a WWII-game wouldn't be more realistic than that (either sincerely or sarcastically); airdrops in WWII were not really in swing till D-Day arrived nor was it done with Flying Fortresses but with converted C-47 planes.

ZundayXx
07-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Being one of the "only" people that knows how to handle a plane well in conquest mode, it seems that opposing planes camping your aircraft carriers and opponents hoping onto you AA guns should be no problem for someone of your skill level.

Jumping on an opposing team's carrier serves a purpose, even if you don't get points from it. Also, doing away with the AA guns would lead to more camping.

Dude... I meant that not many people know what to do with a plane in conquest. Not many people actually use it effictively..
aaaw god you guys are a bunch of freaking morons.

Rifle Elite
07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Dude... I meant that not many people know what to do with a plane in conquest. Not many people actually use it effictively..
aaaw god you guys are a bunch of freaking morons.

One tip buddy: if you start swearing at everyone who disagrees with you in any way, you shouldnt be talking on an online gaming forum. One of the purposes of a forum is to share thoughts, if you call people who have a different opinion then you morons, then you really dont belong here.

And I dont care whatever you call me this time, just either be nice and try to formulate your opinion in a mature way, or just stay away from this forum

XzAceOfSpadeszX
07-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh well just take out your rifle and kill them.

andy7306
07-20-2009, 07:09 PM
lol wicked post

jayson583
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
so many articles of people whining about games its not even amusing anymore, if you dont like it play something else that simple

Jimbo76
07-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I always start the coral sea map as the sniper. then if any dick heads try landing on my carrier i just take there head off before they even realize it. as for idiots on my own team, there was a bunch of 5 or 6 all standing on the carrier blowing up every plane before anyone could get in them in a game earlier today. its stupid, just because their rubbish they just ruin it for everyone else. i try to ignore and avoid them and play the game properly the best i can.

IRONMAN
07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey, if it can be done.. it's fair. Unless a glitch, or changed otherwise.. it's fair game. Suck it up Private.

TpYourHouse
07-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I think your complaint need to go to battlefield1943's website forums, not here.

pX I Atticus
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM

why dont u just kill them lol

Ko8r4
07-24-2009, 03:54 AM
Hahaha....

Before the match begins, the history of the battle at Coral Sea states that this is the first time AIRCRAFT CARRIERS CAME INTO DIRECT CONFLICT. So, having enemy planes come to your aircraft carrier and shoot at you as you take off would be accurate, no? Is it not a war? Do you not want to win. NOW, if in real life, would you parachute ALONE onto an enemy carrier?

Well, I do, and I enjoy the feeling of taking your fucking plane and shooting you down with your own shit, and flying back to my carrier and getting it repaired, and letting my teammates know, that yes, I landed on the enemy carrier and got away with a plane and pwned. And also, yes, I am one of those teammates that blows up my own planes, but they respawn AS SOON AS IT BLOWS up. At least at the beginning of the match they do, I've never done it after a minute on a map, cause then it just doesn't make any sense...

It's a fucking game. Would you kill yourself for $15?

Blue Radium
07-28-2009, 09:53 PM
If by camping your AA guns they are helping their team win, it is not a newbie thing to do at all. You are losing. They are winning. If an enemy player uses a so called "cheap" tactic to win, and they win, that does not make the other player bad. It makes them the superior player, as they have a kill mark or their record, and you have a death mark on your record. The process by which that happens does not matter in the least.

It's the same with Gears of War, as you mentioned. If someone chainsaws you, you are dead and they are not, they are the superior player for being able to get a kill on you. If you want to become superior to them, you need to fully grasp a tactic that can overcome your opponent's tactic. Calling a player a newb for killing you in a certain way does not change the fact that you were killed by that player.

Jimbo76
07-29-2009, 08:14 AM
If by camping your AA guns they are helping their team win, it is not a newbie thing to do at all. You are losing. They are winning. If an enemy player uses a so called "cheap" tactic to win, and they win, that does not make the other player bad. It makes them the superior player, as they have a kill mark or their record, and you have a death mark on your record. The process by which that happens does not matter in the least.

It's the same with Gears of War, as you mentioned. If someone chainsaws you, you are dead and they are not, they are the superior player for being able to get a kill on you. If you want to become superior to them, you need to fully grasp a tactic that can overcome your opponent's tactic. Calling a player a newb for killing you in a certain way does not change the fact that you were killed by that player.
Yeah. I couldn't of said it better myself.

a blind beggar
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM

exactly,that'd just make you even noobier

GHOST1986
07-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Another thing is when greedy teammates try to steal your kill and they bump your plane so you spin out of control and one more thing people need to stop killing themselves when your on there tail and about to kill them.

Y0UNIK0RN
08-03-2009, 02:07 AM

Practically the same goes for the fuckers who encircle my aircraft carrier waiting for me to take off and then they nab a quick kill.

For the love of god you mindless idiots, the objective is to capture the giant circle in the middle. Yes, i know you win by killing us, but its the noobiest thing i've ever seen to camp my AA gun. Its even more noobie then the Chainsaw in gears 2 in my opinion.

Ow and: Yes, lately i check all 4 of my AA guns before taking off.

So if they keep blowing up the planes when you get in them, then why not shoot them off the AA gun before hand? If you know they are doing it then shoot them. It's not that hard I do it all the time. This whole thread is useless because if people were smart they would take a moment and kill the kids being idiots. I did it all day today, and if you really wanted a plane that bad you could stand right where it spawns and hold B before your team blows it up. Everything you have complained about can be avoided with simple evaluation of the situation then executing it out.

ZundayXx
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Well lets put it like this: Those kids ruin it for their team. I want a freaking good game where the enemy keeps coming to the middle with the intent of killing us and taking the circle to win. Instead of coming to middle with the intent to going to our carrier. Most Air Superiority games i play lately only 1/2 guys come to the middle with the intent of taking the middle. And my whole team is there just flying arround and then suddenly those 2 guys appear and 10 guys of my team go after 2 guys of their team.
While meanwhile the stupid idiots of their game are camping my carrier not knowing that they don't get anny points nor will win.

MarcoPolo360
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Well lets put it like this: Those kids ruin it for their team. I want a freaking good game where the enemy keeps coming to the middle with the intent of killing us and taking the circle to win. Instead of coming to middle with the intent to going to our carrier. Most Air Superiority games i play lately only 1/2 guys come to the middle with the intent of taking the middle. And my whole team is there just flying arround and then suddenly those 2 guys appear and 10 guys of my team go after 2 guys of their team.
While meanwhile the stupid idiots of their game are camping my carrier not knowing that they don't get anny points nor will win.
Just stop bitching, dude... If this REALLY bothers you, and you aren't good enough to overcome these problems: I suggest leaving shooter games to play Beautiful Kalamari and other kids games instead. Although I'm sure you'll have something to cry about even then...

Y0UNIK0RN
08-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Just stop bitching, dude... If this REALLY bothers you, and you aren't good enough to overcome these problems: I suggest leaving shooter games to play Beautiful Kalamari and other kids games instead. Although I'm sure you'll have something to cry about even then...

Um lol I don't know what your talking about Beautiful Katamari is a pain in the ass. No kid should ever sit through that. If you can't fix the problems in battlefield then well you def. should not play BK! :p

MarcoPolo360
08-04-2009, 02:10 AM
Um lol I don't know what your talking about Beautiful Katamari is a pain in the ass. No kid should ever sit through that. If you can't fix the problems in battlefield then well you def. should not play BK! :p
lmao kk leave xbox and go get hello kitty island adventure for pc*

ZundayXx
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM

I bitch when i want to bitch, can't stand it: Write up your emotions in a pm and send it to yourself. ^^

Ow and your crying over me bitching. Isn't that like the same im doing?

Hoborg
08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Decided to try it last night, WOW it was fucking funny. I camped behind the spawn point and when they got into a plane BOOM with my fucking bazooka from the rear.

I also shot them in the back at their exact spawn point. I got at least 6 kills in a row doing this and one guy got so pissed. He camped his own carrier for the rest of the game in anticipation of me doing what I was doing.

MarcoPolo360
08-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I bitch when i want to bitch, can't stand it: Write up your emotions in a pm and send it to yourself. ^^
Good one...:rolleyes:

Ow and your crying over me bitching. Isn't that like the same im doing?
First: It's not "ow" it's "oh".
Second: Me saying "stop bitching" isn't "crying". It's telling you to stop bitching.
Third: These people have given you a lot of ways to overcome campers, but you still bitch and whine like you're a child. If you're not going to take peoples advice on how to beat these guys: stop complaining.

TheATC
08-07-2009, 02:48 AM
I hate when they put c4's on your plane its mad stupid