PDA

View Full Version : Marooned Everyone Achievement

VicRattlehead
07-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I have a little problem with this achievement:http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/TH/Bb/0oCLiGJhbC9FFQUXXFJRFjk1L2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-XRwVw==.jpgMarooned Everyone (10http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif)
Re-marooned Herman Toothrot and marooned Carla, Otis and Meathook on Monkey Islandô.
When shooting the rock to the tree on the beach in Under Monkey Island, you can position the statue so that the rock will hit the Sea Monkey. Do this on one of your playthroughs to sink the ship. If you don't want to play up to that point again, save and do it just before going to LeChuck's lair so that you won't have to play through too much over again.
I have played the first run with hitting the tree and marooning Herman Toothrot. Now I have reload my savegame to the start of the third act and I have sink the ship but how I can obtain the two bananas of the tree for the monkey? How can I complete the game in that way? The two bananas that I can't now pick up form the tree are necessary to convince the monkey to follow me..

ATHER_07
07-17-2009, 12:56 AM
You have to still hit the tree with a rock, just pick up another rock from the pile on the right hand side of where you push the rock in the first place.

metallicorphan
07-17-2009, 01:36 AM
i am a little puzzled by this achievement also...i have played through once,i actually sank the ship on my first playthru(before hitting the tree)..and then the walkthru says to load up your game at a save point before you made the decision on whether you sank it or not...well how would the game know,if you are reloading a save from before you sank it?

Oinkness
07-17-2009, 01:37 AM
It makes little sense but the only difference is that you can't sink the boat the second time... That way your people aren't marooned and you don't rescue Toothrot.

metallicorphan
07-17-2009, 01:46 AM
so even though you are re-loading an old save,it does actually save the end (or the decision)somehow?...maybe through the autosave?

tastefulmrship
07-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Marooned Everyone

Play the game until you get to the RIVER FORK in Part Three (Under Monkey Island).
***** SAVE GAME HERE *****
Push the rock on the cliff so it sinks the SEA MONKEY.
Pull the primitive art twice, so it's pointing at the BANANA TREE.
Push the rock on the cliff to dislodge the two bananas.
Complete the game as normal.
***** LOAD SAVED GAME ***** (the one you saved earlier, manually, into a specific save slot at the RIVER FORK!)
Pull the primitive art twice, so it's pointing at the BANANA TREE and not the SEA MONKEY.
Push the rock on the cliff to dislodge the two bananas.
Complete game as normal. (About 30-45 mins from here)
Achievement unlocked.

The first run through will maroon Carla, Otis & Meathook.
The second run through will maroon Toothrot if you do not sink the ship.

Megafones x360a
07-17-2009, 07:09 AM
You NEED to hit the Banana tree to advance in the game, but hitting the boat also will change the ending a bit, play through twice (or save your game before doing so), Hit the boat, finish game, load game, don't hit the boat, finish game. Simples.

VicRattlehead
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
You have to still hit the tree with a rock, just pick up another rock from the pile on the right hand side of where you push the rock in the first place. yeah, that's the point!

now I have 200/200G, thanks to all for the hints :woop:

metallicorphan
07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
yeah i know all that....i am just wondering how it knows that you have played it one way..when you are reloading an old save(that old save obviously being before you completed the game one way)...maybe it knows by your 45 point achievement for completing the game being unlocked first time round

i found that the primitive art(the rock part,not the empty part on the seesaw thing)should be facing the footholds that you climb up....for it to hit the banana tree,if that helps a bit

tastefulmrship
07-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Xbox360 achievements use triggers in the game code to track your progress in attaining them. These triggers are, usually, stored in the GamerProfile.

So... I would imagine LucasArts have triggers on the SEA MONKEY CREW end sequence (them trapped in the canniball's Guest Hut) and the HERMAN TOOTHROT end sequence (Herman looking for Guybrush on the beach). Once the code identifies that both triggers have been, well.. triggered... then the achievement unlocks.
This means you can use the same SAVEGAME for both triggers!

(DISCLAIMER: Without having access to the code, this is entirely my own idea of what happens... but it sounds about right, logically!)

metallicorphan
07-17-2009, 10:34 AM
ahh i see thanks for clearing that up

think i will try the speed run today,but totally not confident i will make it

(switching mugs for the grog was a nightmare for me..and the insults didn't fly at me either)

part 1 is the longest,so i am thinking if i don't get that done in under an hour and half,i should stop..part 2 i think could be done in 5 minutes,LOL

part 3 long,but not as long as 1,and part 4 not that much time

tastefulmrship
07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
(switching mugs for the grog was a nightmare for me..and the insults didn't fly at me either)
The mug o' grog puzzle is easier in CLASSIC mode, as you can click directly on the verb & inventory tables. If you're still having trouble, then swap mugs more frequently... you do get five of them, afterall!

BlueWolf
07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm confused

If you have already completed the game & didn't sink your ship, you cant sink it in the 2nd playthrough & get the achievement?

metallicorphan
07-18-2009, 12:30 AM
i presumed it was either way..but as i sank the ship first time,i can't really say for sure

i got the achievement today,no problems unlocking...the ship was there again on my second playthrough anyway(i think...sorry i was speeding through it trying to get under 3 hrs)

tastefulmrship
07-18-2009, 07:01 AM
If you have already completed the game & didn't sink your ship, you cant sink it in the 2nd playthrough & get the achievement?
If you sink the ship in the second playthrough, you'll get the achievement.