PDA

View Full Version : Sadly

FrankMcClane
07-17-2009, 04:42 PM
It seems with the list of Achievements that they are banking more on the Multiplayer side of the game than the Single Player. I appreciate the MP Achievements but if the MP isn't up to par with CoD, I don't think I will be playing it much.

Hope I am wrong and I won't put down my controller after playing Wolfenstein's MP.

Paladin
07-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I think the achievements look good. The MP ones look like you just get them for playing, and the SP ones look tough and require lots of exploring. I personally love the achievement for finding all Tomes of Power though, if I'm not mistaken that is a Heretic/Hexen(one of Raven's early franchises) series reference. I wouldn't worry about the MP not being fun. If it's anything like RtCW/Enemy Territory, it will be a blast.

Xel
07-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Most of the achievements are MP based because wolfenstein has a very heavy MP background.

RTCW has better MP then CoD so if this one is anything like that i would assume the MP would keep you happy.

and almost all of the MP achievements are VERY easy.

A 2rue boofer
07-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Mp achievements are the shit and I cannot wait for this game :)

Angel Fire 42
07-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Well I'm glad you all are happy with the heavy side of the checos on MP. I really do hate MP games and the fact that devs think that EVERYONE wants all MP checos. Dame I find this the down side of this game. In Return to Wolf the MP was completely separate from the SP game which was ok by me.

Xel
07-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Well I'm glad you all are happy with the heavy side of the checos on MP. I really do hate MP games and the fact that devs think that EVERYONE wants all MP checos. Dame I find this the down side of this game. In Return to Wolf the MP was completely separate from the SP game which was ok by me.

The mp is completely seperate from the SP this time around too. They arent being developed by the same companies even. Hell, they dont even run on the same engines.

Just because its 75% MP achievements and 25% SP achievements doesnt mean you shouldnt get the game.

And your opinion is VERY in the minority, almost everyone whos looking forward to this game played RTCW, and RTCW had mediocre SP and very very good MP.

I will literally have almost all the mp achievements in the first few days the game comes out.

Paladin
07-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Xel, same here man. Although I loved RtCW SP(It has my favorite campaign ever, I'm not gonna lie) these people need to understand that what made RtCW so big was the multiplayer! And what I'm even wondering is if these people read the achievement list. You can get the MP ones just for playing MP!

InfernoFrY
07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
The multiplayer was the highlight of the the previous games. I dont ever remember people remarking on how brilliant the single player was. This time they seem to have a lot banking on both the SP and MP. Personally I think the high number of MP achievements shows that they plan to make it an event to knock Halo, CoD & Battlefield down a few knoches.

So dont be disappointed that this has a heavy MP list. All it shows is that they have put a lot of time and effort into making the MP as great as they can, rather than it being a tacked on thing they did after finishing the singleplayer like a lot of shooters seem to do these days.

Lets just hope the publisher will get some frickin Ad space in time for its release, I want this game to be as big as it can be. Otherwise it will fail like the underrated Far Cry 2 multiplayer.

Angel Fire 42
07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
What I am saying man is they were never in the original game. They were always separate. You had Return to Castle Wolfenstein than Enemy Territory Separate not within the same game as with Wolfenstein, the chevos are split 50/50.

InfernoFrY
07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
What I am saying man is they were never in the original game. They were always separate. You had Return to Castle Wolfenstein than Enemy Territory Separate not within the same game as with Wolfenstein, the chevos are split 50/50.

You have that wrong there. RTCW had both multiplayer and single player, they both had their own .exe files which meant they ran independently. It wasn't until later on after the success of the commercial game that they released Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory as freeware which was mutliplayer only.

I started on RTCW and if I still had a working copy I'd be playing it now because the maps was far superior to what was provided with Wolfenstein:ET.

RTCW and W:ET are of the very few games I could be deamed a 'hardcore' player (Halo PC and Age of Mythology being the other 2), so here's hopin' that this installment makes me want to waste as many hours as the previous 2.