PDA

View Full Version : Easy start up for rulers

Cliff Drive
07-18-2009, 07:14 PM
It's actually easier then you think when you first start out. Curious how? Let me explain. First off, you'll have to be a ruler. Why? You need the ability to order your troops.

As a ruler in the beginning levels of your character, what you'll want to do is the second you start the game, pause the game and go into orders. For every general you have on your side, go to order, then order them to protect you. Once you do this, all generals on your side will stop what they're doing and run to you and just chill. Give it a minute, and you'll have the generals as well as their lieutenants standing around you. After they are all gathered, start what I call the death march. AKA, start running over bases. You'll overwhelm your enemies with sheer numbers.

Hope that tip helps for all you new players. This will get you to the point where you level up. Once you start acquiring generals, make sure to upgrade their weapons!

ellerkermike
07-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Good tips and advice.

What about choice of charcters in each Scenarios?

Cliff Drive
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
It depends on how much fun you want to have. I'd stick with rulers though to make it easiest on any of the scenarios.

Just always make sure to go with the, keep weapons bonus after you clear a scenario. It'll make sure your weapons will stick with you. That's why I suggest to upgrade all your generals weapons so it'll just keep building. So if a random general appears and wants your employment, there's a small chance he might have the level 10 weapon from last time.

ellerkermike
07-18-2009, 09:40 PM
My qiuestion isn't being answer yet.Tell me what charcters are recommedned for use.

Cliff Drive
07-18-2009, 11:40 PM
I prefer Cao Cao, since he's a ruler. I'm not really sure how to change a vagrant into a ruler, I'm sure it's simple. Anybody? I've just been playing the rulers, cao cao and Liu Bei. I'm sure someone can get a bit more detailed in the other rulers. But those are 2 that right off the bat, work with the strategy in this thread

ellerkermike
07-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Okay thanks and I'll check if I max their weapons to level 10.I wish I can max out their level but the game reset them.

blackjacktrial
07-19-2009, 10:21 AM
I prefer Cao Cao, since he's a ruler. I'm not really sure how to change a vagrant into a ruler, I'm sure it's simple. Anybody? I've just been playing the rulers, cao cao and Liu Bei. I'm sure someone can get a bit more detailed in the other rulers. But those are 2 that right off the bat, work with the strategy in this thread

To turn a vagrant into a ruler - you should act very quickly - as you will likely be facing a number of officers against your own lone unit. I've only managed it up to hard at the moment (that objective still eludes me on Master) by taking a Weapon/Horse preserved Xiahou Dun (personal favorite character), and marching on either Ma Teng (northwest) or Gongsun Zan (north east), because they only have a couple of generals to start with.

As for the strategies - I like the individual order advise - it's not immediately intuitive to duck to a pause menu to do stuff. I'm not a huge fan of the mass move (you could always just press right (or is it left? the Officers gather to me order)) - I prefer sending officers to fight where the enemy isn't (to gather bases).

Other things that'd need to be included are: troop management (essential in the early-game), acquiring officers (which is kind of sucky now, but never waste a card on it unless you absolutely need to early on), and the awesomeness of Flash (which is far too hard to acquire in this game :( ).

Cliff Drive
07-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Also, if your not sure who's a ruler. Just check out their little icon when you choose them.

Another tip for rulers to make life easy, is just sit there and keep ending scenario and with extra money buy trains and weapons. Just wait until you get the jeer card that entices people to invade or wait until someone invades you. youll get extra money from that battle and will just have to at least wait it out 15 minutes. although i can't help but ransack the map in the first 5 or 10.

If you continue the ending turn process and only defending, eventually you'll have a maxed out weapon and all your training done. You'll be overpowering and can just mow down and invade at leisure

ellerkermike
07-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Okay thanks for the good tips and advice.