PDA

View Full Version : 2K Sports Servers Down (Email Responce)

scott_20uk
07-20-2009, 02:10 PM
After being a little annoyed at buying NBA 2K8 Brand New, and then not being able to play half the game i decided to Email 2K Sports Tech Support,

** 1st Email **

I explained my disapointment about the servers being down and asked why "older" servers to less popular games were still up for NBA 2k8 being taken down,

-- 2k Sports Responce --

Dear SCOTT,

All legacy 2K8 games and previous are shut down due to the server migration and a change in code. This is a rare occurrence and will not happen again in the immediate future.

Kind regards,

Technical Support

** 2nd Email to 2k Sports **

I said this does not help my problem, and asked to be more to the point on why the servers were taken down, and that i paid for "half" a game, and that the game was no longer a 1000/1000 Gamerscore game because of it..

-- 2K Sports Email Responce --

Dear SCOTT,

You can play the single player mode in the game and can still connect directly to another player

Kind regards,
Kris
Technical Support

** 3rd Email To 2k Sports **

Saying there must be a solution to the problem, and that im still not happy that iv got half a game i paid for (brand new) not pre-owned etc

-- 2k Sports 3rd Reply --

Dear SCOTT,

Unfortunatly there is no way around this.

Kind regards,

Technical Support

** 4th Email to 2k Sports **

I said that the customer services were poor, and said about fellow xbox360achievement.org members getting there game swapped as a replacement, and that i will be following this email up with advice from CB and hope to hear from them (2k sports) with a result to the problem....

-- Reply from 2k Sports --

Dear SCOTT,

All online features in the game may be changed at anytime

Kind regards,

Technical Support

**Edit**

Seems they really dont care no more, so i wont be buying no more 2k Sports games! As there customer service, and support is next to very poor!

macgyver893
07-23-2009, 02:21 AM
DAMN! I never finished getting my online achievements.... wait you can still directly connect to another player, does that mean you can get the achievements at all?

Glowin Smurff
07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
you can't get the online stuff anymore, as the servers aren't there same goes for stuff like NHL 2k7 and things of that sort anything requiring online stuff for achievements won't work on the older titles.

macgyver893
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Can we still directly connect to another person though to get the online ranked achievements?

Bjernagris
07-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Can we still directly connect to another person though to get the online ranked achievements?

No, it's not possible to get the online chieves as they require the matches to be ranked. If you connect directly to another player, the games are not ranked.

Dustinator
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Well crap. I got this game over a year ago and never really played it much(80/1000). Now I can't complete it!! :mad: Means I'm gonna miss out on 180 points. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

wildwest08
11-04-2009, 01:56 AM
this is ridiculous with 2K games, i won't be buying them at all, at least ea sports keep theirs up for a little bit, 2K takes them down after like 6 months it is stupid. lets boycott the games so they will change

ToadStyleVenom
11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I got all the online achieves, except the ones that needed lobbies, in the beginning of September. I'm pretty sure you can still get the streak related and win related achievements.

mig0
02-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Not sure what possessed me to buy this game other than maybe a $14 price tag but I never got around to playing it. after reading this thread, looks like I won't bother and will be trading it in at gamestop along with NBA 07. Oh well.

Thanks for posting this.

(edit)

Since these are not achieveable, I think the guide needs to be updated to indicate which 2k8 achievements can't be achieved

The19MrHockey
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
(edit)

Since these are not achieveable, I think the guide needs to be updated to indicate which 2k8 achievements can't be achieved

I agree. I would like some of the older games to be edited, especially sports games since they are the first to go (servers). I was excited for it and then I saw this. Disappointing :(

boldyno1
09-24-2010, 11:34 PM
rubbish as always by 2k