PDA

View Full Version : quick-clear levels

WhiskeyWarriors
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
has anybody got any tips for the speed ones i cant even do easy in 15 seconds.. does anybody know if you can plug a usb mouse in for this game??

KA420
08-10-2009, 11:24 PM
As far as I know you cannot plug in a USB. For the speed achieves, basically u just have to have a little luck and if you have one in the corner by its self, remember that you don't actually have to flag it for it to count, just have to click all the regular blocks away and it will auto-flag

OneSweetShannon
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Lots and lots of practice! Determine which style you're most successful with -- no flagging at all, or using a combination of not-flagging flagging select ones to then use the x to clear around it.

When presented with a 50/50 choice, I didn't waste time thinking about it and just made my choice right away. I was either going to choose wrong and fail, or I was going to spend too much time thinking about it and maybe get it right, but I'd still fail. I didn't save them to come back to later because it would mess with my rhythm (and I'm convinced that everytime I did save it and make my choice the game would go against me no matter what I picked, lol.)

I got the easy and medium rather quickly with not much practice, but it took me weeks to get the expert. Lots of practice and lots of luck (for getting a good start mostly) are what's needed to do these.

keung
07-29-2011, 03:07 PM
This is a huge bump, but there's not much activity here anyways.

What she says is basically the only way to do it unless you're a minesweeping god. When I casually played this on the PC I always flagged everything and also I saved 50/50's for later. That's pointless! There are a ton of situations where you shouldn't flag mines, such as the obvious ones where there are no advantages in flagging them.

Also when I started playing this game, I read up alot of information on patterns and similar stuff, and I learned to see whether a 50/50 was in fact a 50/50 or if it was solvable otherwise.

My best time at first was like 259, and I thought I would never ever be able to beat 200 seconds. But after hours and hours and even more hours of practice, I was clearing the board so fast I was within 200 seconds several times, only to get owned by a 50/50 near the end. Eventually I cleared it in 180 seconds, and in that game I even felt I was playing slowly!

I urge anyone who's going to start playing this game to read this page:
http://www.minesweeper.info/wiki/Strategy

Memorize the 1-2, 1-2-1, 1-2-2-1 patterns in particular. And also learn to recognize where you can apply the patterns, for instance:

X
1 2 3 2 1
? ? ? ? ?Because X is a mine, that is essentially a 1-2-1 pattern where the solution would be

X
1 2 3 2 1
? X ? X ?Also, chord (using the X button to clear fields) whenever possible!