PDA

View Full Version : Who is to blame in San Diego???

RadicalSniper99
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM
After watching the Chargers and Patriots game on Sunday, I must say the game came down to who made the bigger mistake. I thought, Brady didn't play his best game and probably should have lost for it. Instead, the Chargers didn't take advantage of it and gift-wrapped this one for the Patriots. HOW!!!

Most people would say Rivers wasn't ready. WRONG. Rivers made one clearly bad pass. The problem is the San Diego receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. They would have been better off handing the ball to LT the whole game. Might not have been a great idea, but at least he could have made a play when the receivers were doing nothing.

At the same time, major penalties by the Chargers at the wrong times cost them good field position or finishing off a Patriot possession. Or when they get the ball from a punt or turnover, they lose it immediately. COME ON!!!

Marty Schot. didn't do much better though. The challenge at the end of the game was pointless. He wasted a time out he could have used to run one more play to put the ball in closer range.

Pretty sad when they can't seem to do anything right when it was the best possible time to win. ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!:mad:

IMportdreams95
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
This is football man, anyone can win any given sunday. Thats why they are in the NFL b/c they are good. Like i've said 1,000 times its never the best team in football that wins the super bowl. Look at the colts. how many years have they had the best records, shattered records. and always come up short?

Well this year is different, we are underdogs and we are going all the way!

Maka
01-15-2007, 02:46 PM
The fact that it took them over 30 Seconds to gain 3 yards in the final minute, lost it for them. And after they got those 3, they needed to kick it, and it was way to far to get it. So there it was, Waste a Time-out on a Stupid Challenge, you get F*cked over...

RadicalSniper99
01-15-2007, 03:01 PM
This is football man, anyone can win any given sunday. Thats why they are in the NFL b/c they are good. Like i've said 1,000 times its never the best team in football that wins the super bowl. Look at the colts. how many years have they had the best records, shattered records. and always come up short?

Well this year is different, we are underdogs and we are going all the way!

I understand and agree with that sentiment, but I'm just bringing up the point that both teams messed up a lot and the Chargers just happened to make the ones that led to the worst the loss they could ever want. It was one of those woulda, shoulda, coulda.

But now I am definenlty hoping the Colts beat the Patriots. It would be really nice to see this happen.

babyfarmer
01-15-2007, 11:00 PM
The blame for this loss will fall squarely on Schottenheimer's shoulders, well deservedly so too. This has always been his downfall, he plays not to lose as opposed to playing to win. He probably had the best team in the NFL this year, as well as his Chiefs teams from the early 90s that were classic underachievers. At some point the coach has to take the blame, and he will be fired by the end of the week.

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2007, 11:32 PM
I personally blame the Chargers D. I know what you're thinking you're crazy. But I think they got a little to comfortable because they caused Brady to have so many turnovers and slacked off near the end and let up that last score.

Rivers though did amazing. I think for his first playoff, he did extremely well. He'll do really well in the future and he is not to blame. He's a great, young player but sometimes you just lose it at the end.