PDA

View Full Version : Fail....

TheToiletBrush
07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
It doesn't matter how great a game's multiplayer is, having the achievement total with such a high number of MP points is is a bad one. Hasn't anyone learned this yet? There are several games that have pretty good mp, but a few months after launch nobody is playing them. The CODs and Halos are the exception. If it's great, people will play it. If it's good, just the boosters will be there after a short while. I know the roots of Wolfenstein are in MP, but too many mp games suck. We have been so spoiled by great ones that most are terrible. My predictioin is that this mp is just another tacked on extra mode and will be a fail.

A 2rue boofer
07-22-2009, 10:23 PM
In my opinion this is another one of the Great Multiplayer games.. I still play this game on the computer and there are well over 10,000 active players.

Apple
07-22-2009, 10:32 PM
You can't speculate a games multiplayer off of other games that don't excel in that area. Wolfenstein did excel in multiplayer at one time, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be up to par either; I'm just saying. We should probably wait to play it before we star tearing it apart.

Diaxen
07-23-2009, 07:19 AM
For games where the multiplayer is the main attraction for a majority, I don't mind multiplayer achievements that much, as long as they don't require tons of hours playing in a way you don't want.

StolenPaper18
07-23-2009, 07:21 AM
I feel that too many people complain about multiplayer achievements. Suck it up and get over it or don't play the game.

FakePlasticTree
08-13-2009, 06:54 PM
I haven't played this so I can't comment on the MP, but I do agree that too many games are putting too much in to multiplayer achievements. I love CoD4's achievement scheme and I wish more devs followed their lead. IMO CoD4 should only have one online achievement, reaching the top rank (and highest prestige level) in multiplayer, because that is quite an accomplishment. And don't do it like World At War where getting to that stage gives you a zero point achievement.

Diaxen
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I've played the multiplayer for a couple hours here, it's pretty bad, it's almost completely unrelated to the old Wolfenstein multiplay games. It is extremely similar to COD5, except that:

-soldiers take a billion shots to kill, anyone used to COD5 will be like "wtf?"
-enemies show up as red if they're basically anywhere in sight on your screen. Even when they're like 100 feet away.
-no radar
-no kill streak bonus
-it has uninspired graphics

dethklok
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I feel that too many people complain about multiplayer achievements. Suck it up and get over it or don't play the game. AMAN brother. No one is forcing you to get the online achievements let alone play online. If you feel it sucks then I feel bad for you. I truly do. To much complaining about online achievements if you ask me. A bunch of cry babies!!!!!!!!! Cry me a river, Build me a bridge and get the F**k over it!

jwmc1971
08-14-2009, 12:44 AM
hmm , make it personal , why dont you . the game it self has decent cod like play , but shooting a guy with a full clip and no death = suck .

dethklok
08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
hmm , make it personal , why dont you . the game it self has decent cod like play , but shooting a guy with a full clip and no death = suck . No offense to C.O.D but ever since the 360 made COD its been really popular. What I see happening is people play COD and say "wow this is a amazing game with kick ass gfx." When people start playing games that is not COD they get all disapointed that the game sucks and has horrible gfx. I think COD ruined how people look at games. And people are whining about online achievement, well World at war has a fre online achievements. But you dont hear them whinning like a cry baby about those achievements. To me, they contradict themselfs. What I dont get, is how the OP hates online achievements but has alot of online achievement gor Gow2 and halo 3. So, OP, how are you so against online achievements and think halo and whatnot are an exception?? Either you hate online achievements or you dont

jwmc1971
08-14-2009, 01:44 AM
sure , but at first i was all like wha ? then i was like , this guy has a good point . but the graphics ive seen for MP so far remind me of old school PC stuff .

FakePlasticTree
08-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Most of the multiplayer achievements are easy. It's just the "reach rank 25" and "reach rank 50" that will take a while.

The multiplayer is solid and the lobby has a great interface too.
Just out of curiosity what do you like about the multiplayer? Personally I find it to be below average in almost every way. Not trying to be a dick, just curious what you find "solid" about it.

InfernoFrY
08-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh why, oh why wont this topic die?

This should of been posted under achievement discussion in the first place.

Steve50013
08-16-2009, 10:23 PM
My Internet Services stated that Wolfenstein is currently in the top 10 of the all time most playing online games.

FakePlasticTree
08-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Yo, Plastic Tree.. I like wolfenstein's maps, weapons and fast gameplay. Sure, there's better multiplayer games, but I like this for the now..
Fair enough. I was just curious. Can't say I agree, but to each his own.

Hoborg
08-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Hate to burst the fan bubble here but IGN gave it a mediocre 7/10. It's a quotidian effigy to the once glorious FPS that basically started the genre.

There will always be at least 1 person who praises a game which really is sub-par. This small knit community of fans is no exception to this rule. If you say "I personally enjoyed it" with a caveat that "There are better games out there in its class" then you are alright.

Anyway, PASS.

ZipCrash
08-18-2009, 07:40 PM
I was actually looking forward to a ton of MP achievements as I planned on spending a lot of time on MP. I was really big into the RTCW MP however the MP on this game SUCKS the big one. I'll play the story and stop and probably end up with holy 200 points because of that which stinks.

Paladin
08-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Hate to burst the fan bubble here but IGN gave it a mediocre 7/10. It's a quotidian effigy to the once glorious FPS that basically started the genre.

There will always be at least 1 person who praises a game which really is sub-par. This small knit community of fans is no exception to this rule. If you say "I personally enjoyed it" with a caveat that "There are better games out there in its class" then you are alright.

Anyway, PASS.

Not to mention the 4/5 from GiantBomb, 4/5 from GameSpy, and the 8/10 from Gamesradar? And since when is a 7 mediocre? If I am not mistaken, IGN qualifies that as good...

OMOXO
08-19-2009, 12:03 AM
My THeory is that ppl complain cause they just outright suck at the game.Its no COD but its a decent game.I think the achievements are solid in my eyes.

thedude26
08-19-2009, 02:58 AM
OHES NOES!! I have to work hard for some achievements!!

Don't like online, don't play it. Simple as that.