PDA

View Full Version : This or "The Maw"??

FYC Punker
07-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Hey all i have 800 points just laying around and im not sure if i should get this or the maw...thoughts??

UCB Disco
07-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Hey all i have 800 points just laying around and im not sure if i should get this or the maw...thoughts??

Depends on what you want;

The MAW = Mario 64-style platformer. You have missions to complete to move on, and the 3D scale is really well done. The camera gets goofy here and there, but all together it's a great game with easy achievements.

'Splosion Man = N+-style puzzle-platformer. You have one single mission throughout every level; Get from point-A to point-B without dying. There are a lot of tricks to learn and a whole mess of laughs to be passed around, and the fact that this has local and online multiplayer co-op modes make it a total package for Arcade games. Semi-difficult achievements, depending on your skill, but it is definitely a great game.

Basically, if you feel like a pretty easy, laid-back gaming experience, go with the MAW. But if you want a good challenge and co-op, go with 'Splosion Man.

Funkybass89
07-23-2009, 07:11 AM
nicely said UCB

madcap1
07-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Spot on what UCB Disco said, but for me I would go with Splosion Man, The maw is a great game but a little slow at times. If you can down the road get try to get both, they are both very solid xbl games.

FYC Punker
07-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Oh i deff plan on getting both one day but like i said i have the 800 points laying around...

Sounds like The Maw seems really cool but splosion man looked awsome..

Ugh...Decisions decisions decisions!

madcap1
07-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Not to mention SM is funny as hell the sounds he makes is very funny, im having a blast with this game, I still say go for SM first and get The Maw down the road who knows it might be a deal of the week soon because of this game.

FYC Punker
07-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Not to mention SM is funny as hell the sounds he makes is very funny, im having a blast with this game, I still say go for SM first and get The Maw down the road who knows it might be a deal of the week soon because of this game.

:eek::eek::eek:

Good point!

Well looks like i will get Splosion Man (Once i beat The Secret of Monkey Island first of course.).

Thanks everyone for the input!

xx99
07-23-2009, 08:08 AM
I know you already made the decision, but I'm chiming in.

I played and loved The Maw and all of it's DLC, but it's much slower paced than Splosion Man and doesn't offer very much challenge at all.

Splosion Man, on the other hand... offers up to 4-player multiplayer, is fast, hilarious, and is definitely a challenge at times.

My advice is Splosion Man first, but The Maw is something you want to experience sometime in your life.

Funkybass89
07-24-2009, 05:59 AM
good pick FYC you won't regret it

Utako
07-24-2009, 06:27 AM
choose splosion
the maw is a 1 run game only

swamptastic
07-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Not sure The Maw is only a once-through. I missed eating 100% in a couple levels first time and had to replay for the achievement. Found myself having a lot of fun the second time around. It's a relaxing game. If you haven't played it in a while, go back. It's still a chilled-out good time.

But I vote 'Splosion Man for your 800 pts. Pick up The Maw when it goes Deal of the Week, as was suggested.

Purge
07-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Well said UCB, try both the demo's and see which one you want.

FakePlasticTree
07-25-2009, 02:16 AM
I think you will get a lot more play time out of Splosion Man. I played The Maw and all it's DLC in about four hours. I'm already well over double that with Splosion Man. Both are great games, but I think Splosion Man is a better bang for your buck.