PDA

View Full Version : In 1 Week, Hokies beat #1 and #5...

JonnyC VT
01-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah, so...

I live in Blacksburg Virginia, 5 minutes from the Virginia Tech campus. Just so happens that our unranked basketball team beat the (then #5) Duke Blue Devils, and 1 week later put away the (then #1) UNC Tar Heels. We have now broken into the top 25, the first time in 11 years...

I know this may be random, but living here my whole life, its cool that maybe our small town Hokie nation will be put on the map in college sports. And we're hoping and praying for a good run at the BCS national title in the next couple years.

Shaaady Souljah
01-16-2007, 02:47 AM
in terms of your school, i think you are definitely on the national "map" because of your football program and the Vicks and so on...

but that is pretty amazing to beat those 2 teams in the same season...impressive for any team, let alone an unranked team. you guys are definitely for real this year and will be in the big dance no doubt to show what you are made of... MARCH MADNESS!!!

IMportdreams95
01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
congrats man. I know how it feels to finally have your team do good! good luck with the rest of the year.