PDA

View Full Version : Problem with launching game

A Thrifty Jew
07-23-2009, 10:53 PM
When I first bought and downloaded the game it worked fine on everything besides the map Guadalcanal, every time i joined a match with that map it would say "Cannot not read disk" and kick me back to the dashboard. I tried everything, i played with no game in the drive, even playing with it open. So I called microsoft and did everything they told me. (Delete and DL it again, Clear system cache, even downloading it on my friends xbox.) And now, after i deleted it and downloaded it again when I launch it it will turn the screen black, flash back to the dashboard for a fraction of a second, then turn black and then i can hear something pop up, like an error message and my xbox freezes. So i guess my question is, Has anyone experienced this, and if so how if possible, did they fix it? I'm not happy about spending 15 bucks on a game i cant even play.. And ive called both EA and Microsoft multiple times and they wont do anything about it. :confused:

Fallen x360a
07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Umm... Honestly I think your xbox is just messing up and its gonna turn into RROD sadly. This happened before to me with a different game, it was an actual game on the disc. I put it in, same thing happened, turned it off, next day got RROD.

A Thrifty Jew
07-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Umm... Honestly I think your xbox is just messing up and its gonna turn into RROD sadly. This happened before to me with a different game, it was an actual game on the disc. I put it in, same thing happened, turned it off, next day got RROD.

Seriously? Wow that sucks... Is there a way i can tell if its my Hard drive and not my xbox? Beause ive had problems with dlc and arcade games before. I dont wanna send it in and wait for like weeks just to find out it was my HD all along.

Fallen x360a
07-24-2009, 03:32 AM
It may be a problem with your HDD but I doubt it...You can try calling xbox again and demand to see a supervisor they usually help you out. Other than that just wait it out.