PDA

View Full Version : The Official Hip Hop Thread...

Pages : 1 [2]

ThaFireman
10-23-2009, 05:03 AM
I think he means sick as in good. Which Eminem has plenty of songs with incredible lyrics. Lil Wayne was good on Carter II, then after that he hasn't really been good. Agreed that 50 Cent isn't anything special, but I still like him.

My new favorite rapper (although he really does everything) is Kid Cudi. Relapse was my favorite album this year until I heard Man on the Moon.

Fonkey Monkey
10-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I just discovered Kid Cudi last week, oh my gawd. This guy is going to win all kinds of awards (hopefully). You slept of Lupe Fiasco, America. This is your chance to redeem yourself.

Gumby™
10-25-2009, 12:03 AM
YouTube - Theory Hazit ft Sivion - Decisions Extended remix
YouTube - Skee-Lo - I Wish
YouTube - Mr. Lif - Phantom Feat. EL-P
YouTube - The Herbaliser - It Ain't Nuttin' (feat. MF Doom)
YouTube - Shabazz The Disciple - The Lamb's Blood
YouTube - The Roots - You Got Me
YouTube - Zion I-Mind Blow

Evo Kazz
10-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Ok I need some help from someone who knows decent free mixtape sites, I have been using datpiff.com for awhile but it doesnt seem to let me download anything anymore, everytime I click it says "error 404 gone" does anyone know some decent sites for free mixtapes?

Gavin TTC956GP
10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
50 Cent Says New Album Is Better Than His First

50 Cent is making it clear that he feels his upcoming "Before I Self Destruct" album is better than his first and insanely successful album. During a recent interview, the G-Unit general said "I think it's a project that they will say is better than "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" because I had more time to think out and write out exactly what I wanted to say on this record."

In related news, as we previously reported, 50 Cent is currently in London for the premiere of his new movie, "Dead Man Running." While in England, 50 has been doing a lot of press, including an interview in which he described the new film as having "a lot of humor in it," something that is very unexpected. 50 says being in London is crazy and that "they take 500,000 pictures of me before I can even make it to the car." Before ending the interview, 50 made sure to once again state that his upcoming album is "almost a prequel to my first album" saying its "me writing experiences from South Jamaica Queens when I was younger that people will embrace around the world."

safemachine08
10-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Lil Wayne the hottest rapper out there but 50 cent always gonna be my number 1

Zhenya
10-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Rap or hip hop is gay!

SoleAssassin
10-27-2009, 05:27 AM
Rap or hip hop is gay!

http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1897cool-story-brah-cat.jpg

ThaFireman
10-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Lil Wayne the hottest rapper out there but 50 cent always gonna be my number 1
Oh how the radio rap has made them go retarded.

New cypher with Mos Def, Black Thought, and the one & only Eminem.

YouTube - eb

Holy. Shit.

Soulflyy
10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Rap or hip hop is gay!

it's people like this why this thread won't get stickied & yes i know we can sub but it's not the same

Soulflyy
10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
TUNNEEE!

YouTube - Pyro - Propaganda

Pyro - Propaganda

YouTube - Drake-Fear (NEW 2009)

Drake - Fear

ThaFireman
10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
New Rakim song is crazy.

YouTube - "Walk These Streets" Rakim feat. Maino & Tracey Horton

ac2565
10-30-2009, 02:43 AM
50 Cent - Psycho feat. Eminem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJj11t2SCo

The Game has two new songs out.
The Game - Mad Money
The Game - Krazy feat. Gucci Mane & Timbaland
Both songs are on Youtube.

Lil Wayne's mixtape No Ceilings got leaked. It's missing three songs according to Birdman though.

Gumby™
10-30-2009, 03:36 AM
YouTube - Immortal Technique-Obnoxious

TwiztidChef
10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
YouTube - Tech N9ne - Demons ( Feat Three 6 Mafia )

Awesome song, Tech N9ne with whats left of Three-6-Mafia. His new album is dope!

SoleAssassin
10-31-2009, 01:12 AM
That Technique track is my jam.

And that new Tecca Nina is dope. "Demons" is down. "Leave Me ALone" is currently my fav.

I got that advance for BISD and haven't peeped it yet.

"X"
10-31-2009, 04:25 AM
Joey finally gets a lil buzz off a cypher he did a few days ago

YouTube - Joe Budden, Nicki Minaj, Buckshot and Crown Royyal Freestyle - BET Hip Hop Awards HQ

ignore the first 2 clowns.

Dillagence
10-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Joey's a beast and did you just call Nicki and Buckshot clowns :confused: blasphemy, well for Buckshot anyway he was a part of the group Black Moon back in the day and everyone knows how the BCC get down.

"X"
11-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Joey's a beast and did you just call Nicki and Buckshot clowns :confused: blasphemy, well for Buckshot anyway he was a part of the group Black Moon back in the day and everyone knows how the BCC get down.

I forgot about buckshot, he's not a clown, but nicki yes, and so is crown royal.

Daiphyer.
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
. 50 says being in London is crazy and that "they take 500,000 pictures of me before I can even make it to the car."

Pure BS....

Soulflyy
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Haha guys guys..i just had to post this vid man worst rapper ever!

nearly made me choke on my drink when i 1st heard it haha

BANGS - Take U To Da Movies

YouTube - BANGS Take U To Da Movies

ThaFireman
11-02-2009, 05:45 AM
I got that advance for BISD and haven't peeped it yet.
It's really good. I've only listened once, but it's differently darker then his last two albums.

Dillagence
11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Haha guys guys..i just had to post this vid man worst rapper ever!

nearly made me choke on my drink when i 1st heard it haha

BANGS - Take U To Da Movies

Ssshhhh... I think that guy's disenfranchised.

But yo check this out it may be more your style the #1 freestyle battle MC Eli Porter

YouTube - Iron Mic: Eli Porter vs. Envy

safemachine08
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Is this like actual discussion of hip hop, or is it just like hip hop news that's here?
If it's actual hip hop discussion.... does soulja boy count as a hip hop artist are as a hunk of shit we throw money at?

solja boy one of a young rappers that is really good

ThaFireman
11-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Soulja Boy is one of the worst "artists" of all time. Someone with a sense of rhyming words would do better than him because most of his "lyrics" don't even rhyme.

SoleAssassin
11-04-2009, 05:18 AM

Fuckin wow. You shouldn't be allowed in this topic anymore.

Soulflyy
11-04-2009, 06:49 PM

GET OUT!

haha

KFZ Scrubs
11-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Well.... if that's how you think about him that's cool. I don't want to hate on what music people like ( even though sometimes i do.)
But really?
Come on.... what does he rap about?
Rap is basically dead nowadays... they just find whatever people think would be cool and then market off of that.
Example:
Stanky leg
Do the Ricky Bobby
Do the halle berry (i think that's what it's called)
Soulja Boy is one of the worst "artists" of all time. Someone with a sense of rhyming words would do better than him because most of his "lyrics" don't even rhyme.
True, i mean come on... when he raps his shit doesn't make sense most the time (Hey you there for example). I mean, he just rhymes for the sake of rhyming.... by that he just uses whatever word he wants in his songs just so it'll rhyme with w/e he's saying... no meaning at all.

Soulflyy
11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Rap is basically dead nowadays...[/QUOTE]

nah Hip Hop is far from dead the shit on MTV isn't real Hip Hop you just need to know where to look

KFZ Scrubs
11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
nah Hip Hop is far from dead the shit on MTV isn't real Hip Hop you just need to know where to look
Well what they have today in the mainstream is what people label as "hip hop".
The only good shit is the underground shit most of the time.

Soulflyy
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Well what they have today in the mainstream is what people label as "hip hop".
The only good shit is the underground shit most of the time.

yeah but mainstream hiphop isn't really the true definition of real hiphop

so of course there's going to be silly dances over the top bling ect

so just keep listening to real hiphop because the mainstream shit will make you depressed rofl

Juzt Skillz
11-06-2009, 01:36 AM

Lol.

Lately I've been listening to Waynes No Ceilings. IMO it's pretty good.

ThaFireman
11-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Lol.

Lately I've been listening to Waynes No Ceilings. IMO it's pretty good.
My friend told me it was near the caliber of Carter II. I can't wait.

"X"
11-07-2009, 12:38 AM
I can't wait for method mans/ raekwon and ghost face album. coming dec. 22nd.

Gavin TTC956GP
11-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Eminem To Star In Hip-Hop Horror Movie?

Oscar-winning rapper Eminem is reportedly goign to star in an upcoming 3-D horror film with an hip hop theme, according to multiple reports. There are not many details about the project (titled "The Shady Talez") but the reports out there say Eminem will also produce the film which is set to be released next year. Described as a between The Twilight Zone and Creep Show, the movie will also be produced by DJ Classicz. Other reports say there will be a four-issue comic book series released alongside the movie. Dennis Dennehy, Eminem's publicist, said that nothing is set in stone yet. "There's been talks," he said, "but can't confirm anything yet." Anyone remember "[I]Hip Hop Witch"? hmmm..

In related news, Eminem recently starred in last summer's Adam Sandler slash Seth Rogan comedy/drama "Funny People." Writer slash Director Judd Apatow dropped the first news saying "Marshall Mathers is in it. I still don't know [how it happened.] I was scared to pitch jokes to him then I realized his songs are as nasty as anything that has ever been spoken. There is no way to offend him."

In further "Video" news, Eminem's "Till I Collapse (http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/110609-reports-say-that-eminem-is-in-talks-to-star-in-an-hip-hop-horror-movie.html)" track featuring Nate Dogg was used on the trailer for the upcoming "Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" video game. The beat of song, which was on Eminem's "The Eminem Show" album, is first used showing scenes from the game then later Eminem's rhymes start and later Nate Dogg's chorus is featured.

Rick Ross Thanks 50 Cent In Album Notes

Rick Ross has taken his on-going beef with 50 Cent and G-Unit to a new level. The Florida rapper reportedly thanked 50 in the "Thank-You" section of his group Triple C's new album "Custom Cars & Cycles." In the "Rick Ross Thanks" section, the rapper said he appreciated his short-lived rap beef with 50 Cent. "I have to thank all the haters who prayed this day would never come...," Ross' comments read. "I rebuke you!! I have to thank Curtis 'Woodface' Jackson...crushing you gave me the confidence I needed to take over the whole game! It's ours now... 'May all my enemies and foes stumble and fall' - Psalm 27 The Biggest Boss you seen thus far. ROSSSSSS"

SoleAssassin
11-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I can't wait for method mans/ raekwon and ghost face album. coming dec. 22nd.

It's gonna get pushed back. I know it.

DerBroodwich402
11-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Rick Ross Thanks 50 Cent In Album Notes

Rick Ross has taken his on-going beef with 50 Cent and G-Unit to a new level. The Florida rapper reportedly thanked 50 in the "Thank-You" section of his group Triple C's new album "Custom Cars & Cycles." In the "Rick Ross Thanks" section, the rapper said he appreciated his short-lived rap beef with 50 Cent. "I have to thank all the haters who prayed this day would never come...," Ross' comments read. "I rebuke you!! I have to thank Curtis 'Woodface' Jackson...crushing you gave me the confidence I needed to take over the whole game! It's ours now... 'May all my enemies and foes stumble and fall' - Psalm 27 The Biggest Boss you seen thus far. ROSSSSSS"

Ok i still listen to port of miami sometimes and trilla had some good songs but Ross needs to shut the fuck up sometimes 50 smashed him with the diss track "officer ricky" and ross's disses were just terrible

Dillagence
11-08-2009, 02:29 PM
[B]

Ok i still listen to port of miami sometimes and trilla had some good songs but Ross needs to shut the fuck up sometimes 50 smashed him with the diss track "officer ricky" and ross's disses were just terrible

It's just business man, there is no real beef.

On another note what is everyone currently listening to? I got Skyzoo, Slaughterhouse, Raekwon and DOOM in rotation plus many other classics but those are the only hip hop albums I've bought from this year's releases. And no I won't support Jay-Z and his "Blueprint" 9/11 album people in the know already know what's up.

TwiztidChef
11-08-2009, 06:16 PM
And no I won't support Jay-Z and his "Blueprint" 9/11 album people in the know already know what's up.

I don't know what you mean, can you enlighten me please?

I've been digging the new Raekwon, the new Tech-N9ne, not really the rap most here like but the new ICP album Bang! Pow! Boom! , and the new Kottonmouth Kings Hidden Stash 420 is on my list as well.

I've also got a stack of albums I haven't gotten a chance to sift through yet: the new Ghostface Killah album Ghostdini Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City, I got the new 50 Cent based on someone here saying it took a much darker tone than usual. I've got the newest MF Doom album, Born Like This .

Also I currently can't wait for the new Bone Thugs-N-Harmony album with all 5 original members back for the 1st time in many years.

Dillagence
11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't know what you mean, can you enlighten me please?

Check this out: YouTube- JAY-Z DECEPTION (1)
it's a several part series but you get the gist of it with part 1.

agentplatypus
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
YouTube- Sabac Red - Death And Destiny

KFZ Scrubs
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Wait.... so you're saying that Free Masons serve the Devil?
Hahahaha.... so you're telling me that most of our military works for the devil?
Cuz there are a lot of people in the military that's a free mason.
Also, that guys theory in the video would be blown to shits if he made another blueprints album.
What is up with people and rappers being satanic?
I mean, who remembers that shit with 3 6 mafia being legions of the devil or some crap like that?

TwiztidChef
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Well the 1st video is just kinda silly. Doesn't explain a whole lot. He says he'll explain more in the following, so I may watch them when I have time. He just seemed to jump on the name of the album and draw conclusions from there. I've seen and read some stuff on the free masons, and I've never heard of the stuff this guy mentions, he seems kinda full of crap.

Interesting though....

Yeah, the old Triple 6 Mafia was on the satanic side, so was some of the original Bone Thugs stuff. That side of rap is kinda like the the death metal side of Hip Hop.

I like that Sabac Red song dude. I've never listened to him much. I like Ill Bill, Necro, Non Phixion and La Coka Nostra. So maybe I need to check out the rest of the solo albums from Psycho-logical. Sabac Red, Mr. Hyde and Gore-tex.

agentplatypus
11-10-2009, 12:59 AM
I like that Sabac Red song dude. I've never listened to him much. I like Ill Bill, Necro, Non Phixion and La Coka Nostra. So maybe I need to check out the rest of the solo albums from Psycho-logical. Sabac Red, Mr. Hyde and Gore-tex. Yea man you should. Sabac is dope.

ac2565
11-10-2009, 03:11 AM
And no I won't support Jay-Z and his "Blueprint" 9/11 album people in the know already know what's up.

The first blueprint came out on 9/11/01 so Jay Z was going to The Blueprint 3 come out 9/11/09. It got moved forward to 9/8/09 because of leaked songs.

Dillagence
11-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Here's some more food for thought http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=1948 and I'll leave it at that.

ThaFireman
11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Here's some more food for thought http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=1948 and I'll leave it at that.
They will believe anything, wont they?

DerBroodwich402
11-13-2009, 06:23 PM
This thread needs more Talib Kweli one of the most slept on artist in hip hop history

YouTube- Blackstar (Mos Def & Talib Kweli) - Definition

YouTube- Talib Kweli - Get By

YouTube- Talib Kweli - Waitin' For The DJ

i also suggest listen just can't find a video

agentplatypus
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
YouTube- War of the Masses - Virtuoso

SoleAssassin
11-14-2009, 02:17 AM
This thread needs more Talib Kweli one of the most slept on artist in hip hop history

YouTube- Blackstar (Mos Def & Talib Kweli) - Definition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5aVI2zsFE)

YouTube- Talib Kweli - Get By (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77zxCAfVeD8)

YouTube- Talib Kweli - Waitin' For The DJ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jLF4QqWO8&feature=channel)

i also suggest listen just can't find a video

I approve of this.

There NEEDS to be another Black Star album.

agentplatypus
11-14-2009, 08:19 PM
My man Reef YouTube- Reef The Lost Cauze - This Is My Life

DerBroodwich402
11-15-2009, 11:41 PM
YouTube- RAEKWON ft Murs, Xzibit & Caezar - Legacy

Great song all of them came correct

Oh and if you haven't picked up FELT 3 yet
DO IT flawless album

YouTube- Felt 3 - Protagonists (NEW 2009)

YouTube- Felt - Early Mornin' Tony

"X"
11-18-2009, 08:59 AM
My man Reef YouTube- Reef The Lost Cauze - This Is My Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKNNezzxM7s&feature=related)

If there was some kinda propping feature on this forum i would click it, Reef is a fav of mine.

Another fav of mine. is Reks

YouTube- REKS - Pray For Me (Suicide Note) VIDEO

agentplatypus
11-18-2009, 09:10 AM
If there was some kinda propping feature on this forum i would click it, Reef is a fav of mine.

Another fav of mine. is Reks

YouTube- REKS - Pray For Me (Suicide Note) VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqVwqUZjN50)

Yup yup. Reefs one of my favs too. Reks is pretty dope as well.
Here's a joint he did with another one of my favs Virtuoso.

YouTube- Virtuoso feat. Reks - Provoke Me

DerBroodwich402
11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
YouTube- BUSHWICK BILL TESTIMONY OF REDEMPTION MUSIC VIDEO

this bushwick bill song is super good
and if you don't know who he is he was apart of the legendary H-Town group the Geto Boys

agentplatypus
11-22-2009, 11:09 AM
YouTube- BEKAY - Don't Feel Good

Sad song.

APassingShadow
11-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Forgot this song was on GTA4 but it's def quality
YouTube- joell ortiz ft jadakiss & saigon-hip hop (remix)
This guy is from Baltimore and has some good shit check it out
YouTube- Bossman - Off Da Record
YouTube- Bossman - Off the Record Part 2 ( Response to Jay Z's DOA and more)

Dillagence
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
BEKAY - Don't Feel Good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxbl25FE1ZA)

Sad song.

This reminds me of Australian Hip-Hop, not even remotely feelin it, not saying this is wack but I just don't get the fuss of some of these underground artists.

Well anyway, I like Stones Throw records so I'll throw this song out there cause I like the beat especially:

YouTube- T. Biggums - Oh No feat. Dudley Perkins & Georgia Muldrow

Absolutionz
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
^

Yes. Anything Stones Throw is super dope.

PerpetualHeaven
11-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Anyone heard of Tony Royster Jr.? He's probably the best hip-hop drummer of all time, and probably one of the best technical drummers the world has seen in quite some time.

YouTube- Tony Royster Jr in studio 2009

Unparalleled skill and fantastic Hip-hop beats.

agentplatypus
11-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Anyone heard of Tony Royster Jr.? He's probably the best hip-hop drummer of all time, and probably one of the best technical drummers the world has seen in quite some time.

YouTube- Tony Royster Jr in studio 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-pGeAqCpQ)

Unparalleled skill and fantastic Hip-hop beats. That was dope. Dude has mad skill.

Slaine anyone?

YouTube- Slaine - Mind of a Criminal

DerBroodwich402
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
YouTube- Slaughterhouse "Microphone"

New video for "microphone" from slaughterhouse off their self titled album

ac2565
11-24-2009, 02:36 AM
YouTube- Slaughterhouse "Microphone" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SbQ5G4BCt8)

New video for "microphone" from slaughterhouse off their self titled album

Did you hear the remix with Eminem?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPfY6_Z18EA

Edit: Not sure if it's an official remix or someone just added Em's freestyle to the song.

DerBroodwich402
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
This is based just off the quality of em's verse compared to the rest of it makes it seem like it was just a freestyle over it and the fact that is freestyle is like half the song but good find none the less

ac2565
11-25-2009, 05:03 AM
This is based just off the quality of em's verse compared to the rest of it makes it seem like it was just a freestyle over it and the fact that is freestyle is like half the song but good find none the less

It is indeed a freestyle. Found the freestyle video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwyOfqbP8JU&feature=channel
Microphone Freestyle starts at 3:00

Absolutionz
11-25-2009, 06:18 AM
Wiz Khalifa - Deal Or No Deal dropped today. This is some dooope shit.

http://youraudiofix.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wiz-deal-or-no-deal1.jpg

DerBroodwich402
11-26-2009, 01:26 AM
YouTube- Murs + Aesop Rock + Slug - Felt Chewed Up

New Felt video
go buy the album
RHYMESAYERS For Life

oh and mac lethal is really dope as well

YouTube- Mac Lethal - Calm Down Baby

YouTube- Mac Lethal - "Black Widow Spider"

YouTube- Mac Lethal - Sun Storm

YouTube- Mac Lethal "Undertow"

"X"
11-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't know what it is but i been playing AZ i am legend unstop! in the car, on the ipod, on the computer. Just one of my fav tracks off the album. 10/10 album. Don't like it, download it, try it out, if you love it, plz buy. I'm on my second copy. (i'm rough with cds)

YouTube- AZ - live your life

agentplatypus
11-30-2009, 07:10 AM
YouTube- Murs + Aesop Rock + Slug - Felt Chewed Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-EMcct1K3E&feature=sub)

New Felt video
go buy the album
RHYMESAYERS For Life

oh and mac lethal is really dope as well

YouTube- Mac Lethal - Calm Down Baby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGW2hxcbfw)

YouTube- Mac Lethal - "Black Widow Spider" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7B_s5SwsGk)

YouTube- Mac Lethal - Sun Storm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23OkXjK4h8M)

YouTube- Mac Lethal "Undertow" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pndAjRVxgGs) Yea rhymesayers are dope. I seen Atmosphere and POS before. They put on a dope set.

DerBroodwich402
11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Yea rhymesayers are dope. I seen Atmosphere and POS before. They put on a dope set.

Lucky I saw the fresh air tour (brother ali, evidence, toki wright, and bk-one) and I wanted to go to a eyedea and abilities and pos concert in omaha but i was on vacation at the time so hopefully they come back.

ac2565
12-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Lil Wayne Talks About Getting Raped and How Birdman Got Him his First Sexual Favor at Age 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rmW1yPXRI&feature=player_embedded

Gavin TTC956GP
12-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Birdman, Drake, Lil Wayne - Money to Blow

What a hot track, great collabo...

Soulflyy
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Lovin these tunz at the mo!

Killah Priest And Chief Kamachi - Closest

YouTube- Killah Priest And Chief Kamachi - Closest

Consequence - I Hear Footsteps

YouTube- consequence - i hear footsteps (produced by statik selektah)

agentplatypus
12-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Anybody get the new Snowgoons album?
YouTube- Snowgoons - Scar Sculpture Ft. Virtuoso And Young Haze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lh8TAsNTfk
YouTube- Snowgoons - He Sold Out Ft. Lord Lhus
YouTube- Snowgoons - Make Way Ft. Buckshot Reef And Chief Kamachi
i gotta cop this shit up soon.

DerBroodwich402
12-24-2009, 04:33 AM
YouTube- Reflection Eternal - Untitled (Feat. J. Cole, Jay Electronica & Mos Def) (NEW EXCLUSIVE 2009)

STRAIGHT HIP HOP FIRE

Absolutionz
12-24-2009, 04:35 AM
YouTube- Clipse - I'm Good (Feat. Pharrell)

My theme song.

DerBroodwich402
12-24-2009, 05:11 AM
YouTube- Will Smith - So Fresh feat. Biz Markie & Slick Rick (Best Quality)

3 legendary emcees on the mic

Dillagence
12-24-2009, 03:30 PM
YouTube- Clipse - I'm Good (Feat. Pharrell) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGOCG-zP7w)

My theme song.

Is this album out yet? I wanna hear more Clipse.

This clip made me laugh though when it came out, trying to throw off the stink of the feds watching them.

YouTube- Malice From The Clipse Reveals The Truth On How He Is Really Living! That Aint No Bentley

DerBroodwich402
12-25-2009, 06:51 PM
If you mean till the casket drops then yes i'm pretty sure that it is

Kutlapje
12-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Souls of Mischief, Raekwon and Brother Ali made my favorite albums this year.

DerBroodwich402
12-27-2009, 07:41 AM
YouTube- Nio Tha Gift - "Grateful" directed by Taj

Just found out about this dude the other day and he definitely shouldn't be slept on

westz
12-27-2009, 11:19 AM
^^ Sounds like a great artist.

Dillagence
12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
YouTube- Nio Tha Gift - "Grateful" directed by Taj (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ud-fd0N-gM)

Just found out about this dude the other day and he definitely shouldn't be slept on

True that I don't usually cosign an artist just because he's underground but this guy is definitely on point, the track is hot. The industry needs to put more artists like these on, conscious style.

DerBroodwich402
12-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Yes I also recommend this song

YouTube- Nio Tha Gift - Angels and Demons /w Download

ac2565
01-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Flavor Flav - I'll Never Let You Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfgYFig2Fw

Anybody know if this is a joke or just a really bad song?

Gumby™
01-02-2010, 01:16 PM
YouTube- Grap Luva & Kev Brown - Power Bars Remix
YouTube- Raidermen - Strategy (1998) [HQ]

Gavin TTC956GP
01-20-2010, 07:23 AM
T.I. In Studio Working On New Album

According to multiple reports, T.I. is already in the studio working on a new album for 2010. Producer Jim Jonsin, who produced TIP's "Whatever You Like (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/t.i.-whatever-you-like.html)" hit, says that the Grand Hussle leader is working on the follow up to his 2008 "Paper Trail" album. "It doesn't seem like he missed a beat," Jonsin said in an interview. "He was so upbeat, his spirits were up, and he's excited to be out and working. He hasn't changed, he sounded exactly like he did when I talked to him months before he went in. He's back in the studio. I sent him some music via email. He can work during the week and not on the weekend, I believe. He's definitely working on an album for this year right now."

Although the message is now deleted, former Atlantic Records music executive Kevin Liles posted on twitter about a "close friend" of his going into the studio to work after he visits family. "My right hand went home to visit family & found his way to the studio. He said 'why wait for 2010, get it in now' Love the attitude!" Liles posted. Was he talking about T.I.? It seems like it now.

Rick Ross Says He Will Be The Best In 2010

Florida's own Rick Ross recently sat down where he gave some predictions for the new year, including what he had planned for his Triple C's group. Ross did not let being modest get in the way when he said he felt this year will see some of his best music of his career. "Honestly, n*ggas can talk sh*t but it's hard to really make predictions other than lord willing we'll be still here, you know what I"m saying," Ross said. "N*ggas here, free, alive, other than that, we just gonna make the best music we gonna make. And I feel it's gonna compete with the best music that's being made right now."

In related news, Def Jam Records (South) President DJ Khaled recently talked about working with Rick Ross on projects for 2010. "I just wanna send this vlog out to everybody to wish 'em a happy new year, let's get it everybody. Let's all win. Let's win more. All we do is win, you feel me? We the best is the brand, we the best is gonna be on everything. It's gonna be a movie, look out for my album, Victory, it's gonna be a problem. Look out for Ricky Ross, Teflon Don, movie. Shout-out to Young Money, Cash Money out there. You know what it is, you know what I do. Shout-out to my Def Jam team, Def Jam stand up. 2010, Def Jam takeover. I'm going in, it's the year of the victory. Let's get it, happy new year."

50 Cent Says Jay-Z Is Soft & Plays It Safe

50 Cent recently sat down with DJ Clue and DJ Envy to talk about everything including what he thinks about Jay-Z and why he feels Jigga rarely makes any direct attacks during his beefs and battles in hip-hop. According to the G-Unit general, Jay-Z has mastered the art of subliminal attacks and disses. "It's the competitive nature of the art form," Fif explained about his relationship with Jay. "It's still there, he still competes too. He just does it so subliminal that people don't read it."

Of course it would not be a 50 Cent interview without some blunt words from the New York rapper. "To me, it's a softer way to do it. A safer way to do it because no one directly feels offended by it...Why not just say it? I don't feel the [disses]. You gotta at least let the [diss be noticeable.] A guy that's that subtle, how do you really take offense to those activities? You know, I get really disrespectful, I don't mind. And then it's like, we can go to the other space and it can really go down."

DStyles
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Jay-Z is at the point of his career where he doesn't need to respond back. There really is no point. He's already the king of hip hop. He has done a lot for this baby genre. Guys like Game(Bi Polar) should just stick by one side of the wall, either you love him or you don't.

DerBroodwich402
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
YouTube- GZA feat. Killah Priest - B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) + Lyrics

Just thought I would post this song that Ive been listening to a lot lately

ac2565
01-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Method Man, Ghostface Killah & Raekwon - Our Dreams
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?btqmyzcudmo
Fito Blanko feat. Drake - Mambo
Download Link: http://usershare.net/4hwdtrjs0vlq

Downloading both right now, I'll listen to them tomorrow.

cheddercharlie
01-21-2010, 12:51 PM
YouTube- RIPPA OV RAMSGATE-keep movin

hope this works :)

what do u all think of this dude?

hes local to me and highly respected, he got a few more songs to but this one i recommend :)

Soulflyy
02-06-2010, 03:59 PM
a lil British Hip Hop!

DIRTY DIKE - Decible dike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ns9m-8_Dx4

Braintax - Syriana Style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxGMVkLnJwo

lethal.b
02-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Jay-Z is at the point of his career where he doesn't need to respond back. There really is no point. He's already the king of hip hop. He has done a lot for this baby genre. Guys like Game(Bi Polar) should just stick by one side of the wall, either you love him or you don't.

thats a bold statement saying that when u have 50 cent mentioned in your sig.

Gavin TTC956GP
02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
I think that it personal preference really, there isn't 1 king of hip hop.
Depends on whether u loved their music from the beginning or not.
I think JayZ is just as good as 50 Cent, but their stlye of rapping differs.
U can't compare the 2, both are unique and both are kings in their own right.

If I had a choice, I think The Game would rank with those in the highest!
Oh, if u wanna talk about yearly gross earnings......that's a whole new topic :D

Gavin TTC956GP
03-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Drake To Step In Boxing Ring; Don King Weighs In On Rapper:

Rapper Drake will step in the boxing ring this weekend, with undefeated super lightweight champion Devon Alexander “The Great.”

Drake will walk Alexander to the ring this Saturday (March 6) at the Mohegan Sun during Alexander’s fight against Juan Urango.

The Canadian-born rap star will perform his hit single “Forever” before the fight, which will be televised live on HBO.

The 23-year-old’s met in Las Vegas where Alexander was training for the upcoming bout.

“Naturally I’m a big fan of Drake’s,” Alexander said in a statement. “He’s a really nice guy and I like the ‘Forever’ lyric. I’m looking forward to hearing it as an added bit of motivation while I’m walking into the ring to face Juan Urango on Saturday night at Mohegan Sun.”

Even fight promoter Don King was looking forward to Drake’s performance.

“I’ve always loved music and Drake is one of the hottest artist’s in the world today,” King said. “We’ve got the best young boxer in Devon Alexander and this sparkling young singer Drake. It’s going to be something special on Saturday night.”

The Lovat Scout
03-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't like lil wayne too much, but Steady Mobbin' has one sick ass beat.

namel3ss gamer
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I generally listen to metal music mostly, but listen to hip hop and rap quite a bit too.

My favourite artist in the genre is Atmosphere by an absolute mile, any other fans???

Also listen to the albums NaS- Illmatic, and Gravediggaz- 6 Feet Deep quite alot, top notch stuff!

ac2565
03-09-2010, 08:37 PM
XXL’s 10 Freshman for ’10 Mixtape Available, Download Now!!!
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/freshman-mixtape-cover.jpg
March madness continues. Last Monday (March 1) XXLMag.com unveiled the cover for our April 2010 issue, featuring XXL’s new Freshman Class. Today (March 8), we drop another exclusive, as the 10 Freshman for ’10 Mixtape, hosted by DJ Whoo Kid, is released.

The compilation features 17 brand new tracks (see complete track list below) by this year’s Freshmen 10—Pill, Jay Rock, Nipsey Hussle, Big Sean, Fashawn, Freddie Gibbs, Wiz Khalifa, J. Cole, OJ Da Juiceman and Donnis. Whoo Kid already treated listeners to a few choice cuts off the tape this past Saturday (March 6) during his Sirius/Shade45 show, as the artists themselves called in for live interviews. Now fans have a chance to hear the complete project for themselves by CLICKING HERE for the official XXLMag.com free download link, which can also be found at radioplanet.tv and thisis50.com.

XXL’s 10 Freshman for ’10 issue hit stands next Tuesday, March 16. In addition to the Freshmen 10 roundtable, the issue includes stories on the Freshmen producers, hip-hop soul artists and hip-hop duos/groups, as well as an in-depth look on what it’s like to be a new rapper today, a special recap of last year’s Freshmen class and an Eye Candy that’ll make you say ahh.

In the meantime, be sure to check out the Freshman for ’10 artist stats and freestyles at XXLMag.com/Freshmen10/. —XXL Staff
Download Link
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/freshman-mixtape-back-update.jpg

Source (http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=72313)

Go to the link to then click "Download Link".

DerBroodwich402
03-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Just found out about this group called "granite state" and have bought there cd and it on replay basically the last 2 days but you should check them out

YouTube- Granite State - Good God (Higher)

YouTube- Granite State - One Shot (Feat. Evidence )

YouTube- Granite State - Up To Speed

SoleAssassin
03-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Only ones I fuck with from the XXL 2010 Class are J Cole and Jay Rock.

Nas and Marley album needs to drop already. I'm fiending for new Nas.

agentplatypus
03-11-2010, 06:23 AM
I generally listen to metal music mostly, but listen to hip hop and rap quite a bit too.

My favourite artist in the genre is Atmosphere by an absolute mile, any other fans???

Also listen to the albums NaS- Illmatic, and Gravediggaz- 6 Feet Deep quite alot, top notch stuff! Atmosphere is dope. Seen 'em live before.

Diabolic's new album Liar and a Thief droppin in April. Support real underground hip hop and cop that shit!

YouTube- DIABOLIC - I Don't Wanna Rhyme (Prod. by Engineer)

namel3ss gamer
03-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Can anyone reccommend me a good horrorcore group/artist? I cant stop listening to gravediggaz 6 feet deep album and want someone to point me in the right direction of something similar!

Tussell
03-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Can anyone reccommend me a good horrorcore group/artist? I cant stop listening to gravediggaz 6 feet deep album and want someone to point me in the right direction of something similar!
Though he's on Psychopathic Records (which is a label I have a hard time taking seriously), he's one of the best horrorcore rappers I've listened to in a very long time. He's easily one of the best on the label (which unfortunately isn't saying much) but he's a beast.
YouTube- Boondox - Inbred Evil

Then there's Necro. I got into this guy ages ago. He's on Psycho+Logical records. He's also probably one of the best horrorcore rappers there is, if not the best. He blows anyone on Psychopathic Records out of the water.
YouTube- beautiful music for you to die to

On the same label as Necro, you've got Ill Bill who is just absolutely sick! From his lyrics, to the way he flows, to just about everything that involves him, is genius!
YouTube- Ill Bill - The Anatomy Of A School Shooting

Again, on Psycho+Logical records, you've got Goretex, however, if I remember right, he's no longer on the record label. Still, one of the sickest horrorcore rappers I've ever listened to.
YouTube- Goretex - The Art Of Dying

Mars is another good horrorcore rapper. It's hard to get a hold of his music, but luckily, due to a big fan of his committing suicide, he's jumping in popularity, so hopefully we'll see some mainstream releases.
YouTube- Mars Ft. ADR - Suicide

Finally you've got Syko Sam. I believe there won't be much released by him since he's in jail for brutally murdering some six people. Here's the information on the case. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmville_murders. I haven't heard too much of this guys music, but what I have heard isn't too bad. I mean, the lyrics are pretty sick, but I can't really stand the way he flows and his voice.
YouTube- Syko Sam - Creature Of The Darkness

namel3ss gamer
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
cheers tussell, much appreciated. Think I like that goretex track best out of the ones you posted!

Tussell
03-16-2010, 10:36 PM
cheers tussell, much appreciated. Think I like that goretex track best out of the ones you posted!
Yeah, Goretex is a beast. Unfortunately, The Art of Dying is the only album I have of his. :(

namel3ss gamer
03-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Goretex is a beast. Unfortunately, The Art of Dying is the only album I have of his. :(

Just looked on amazon to see what albums are available by him and thats the only one I could see, then tried to see if he had a wiki page and he dosn't, he might have only done one album who knows!

ac2565
03-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Looks like that's his only album. (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Goretex)
Here's (http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_RapCity_Goretex_Supercoven.m101875.html) two (http://www.datpiff.com/rapcity_Goretex_Supercovendisc_2-the_End_Of_It_A.m102423.html) mixtapes to Goretex mixtapes which supposedly have unreleased songs.

SoleAssassin
03-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Goretex got kicked outta Non Phixion for being a lazy ass. His debut is dope stuff. Ill Bill is by far the most consistent of the group, in regards to albums and mixtapes. Sabac is dope but he needs to put out more shit. I kind of get tired of Necro's rhymes; he never disappoints on the beats, though.

If you want horrorcore, go with Twiztid.

SoleAssassin
03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Also, peep Esham and Brotha Lynch Hung for Horrorcore.

Lava Tonsil
03-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Never come accross this hip hop thread before, nice to see.
Anyone hear about Guru having a heart attack and being in a coma? Fucked up but i heard he's recovering well, would be gutted if Gangstarr were no more.
Anyway, seems there's a lot of rap in this thread and not much hip hop so i figured i'd put in a couple of tunes i like, and hopefully be rewarded by you peeps with something i may like :)
Diamond D. Stunts Blunts and Hip Hop is a classic album
YouTube- Diamond D & the Psychotic Neurotics - Stunts,Blunts&Hip Hop
Some UK shit - Phi Life Cypher
YouTube- Phi-Life Cypher - BBC
KRS ONE... rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live
YouTube- KRS-One "Rappaz R.N. Dainja"

SoleAssassin
03-23-2010, 03:55 PM
That Guru incident was fucked. Glad he's ok.

Gang Starr >>>

ThaFireman
03-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Royce Da 5'9" freestyle over the Over beat is fuckin' incredible.

YouTube- Royce Da 5'9"- Over (Freestyle)

agentplatypus
03-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Goretex got kicked outta Non Phixion for being a lazy ass. His debut is dope stuff. Ill Bill is by far the most consistent of the group, in regards to albums and mixtapes. Sabac is dope but he needs to put out more shit. I kind of get tired of Necro's rhymes; he never disappoints on the beats, though.

If you want horrorcore, go with Twiztid.

Sabac is for sure the dopest IMO. The Ritual was a fuckin amazing album.

The track he did with Slaine and Ill Bill was straight murder!

YouTube- Sabac Red - Darkness Deepens Feat Ill Bill & Slaine

SoleAssassin
03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Royce Da 5'9" freestyle over the Over beat is fuckin' incredible.

YouTube- Royce Da 5'9"- Over (Freestyle) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3SMCJ8H-kU)

That beat is the shit, but I have yet to hear anyone murder it. I tohught Nickel would, but he didn't.

ThaFireman
03-29-2010, 05:57 AM
That beat is the shit, but I have yet to hear anyone murder it. I tohught Nickel would, but he didn't.
I thought it was damn good, but yeah he could have done better.

I'm digging the new Joe Budden song, "Hello Expectations" and him and Royce's, "New York, Jersey, Philly".

Royce also just did a freestyle over "Forever" beat. It rocks.

Postmodernmartyr
04-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Just wondered how people round here felt about this.

Xerofox
04-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Just wondered how people round here felt about this

I like it but I tried looking for more of them but they only got live clips and those kinda sucked (as in quality of the music/video or too loud).

Lava Tonsil
04-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Just wondered how people round here felt about this.
I'm really not sure. Is it serious?]
I kinda get the feeling they may be comedians, but i don't get it if that's what it is.

Postmodernmartyr
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I like it but I tried looking for more of them but they only got live clips and those kinda sucked (as in quality of the music/video or too loud).
Allow me to help, here are some of Themselves best songs...
Good People Check
Roman Is As Roman Does
Back 2 Burn
Rapping 4 Money (Feat. Why? & Odd Nosdam)

Gavin TTC956GP
05-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Royce freestyle is really good!

SoleAssassin
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Nas/Marley drops today. Pick up a classic album! Gonna buy it tonight.

Seriously, tho, it's a classic. I got the leak version and every track is good or better.

Ashes in Fall
05-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Distant Relatives is a good album. The highpoint is Strong Will Continue and the low point is Lil Wayne's verse. Jesus, he's bad.

Also, still listening to the B.o.B album. Its great.

Lava Tonsil
05-19-2010, 04:23 PM
^ Glad it's getting good reviews, i'll get a copy at the weekend for sure.
I like Nas, but to be honest i was kinda hoping for another DM solo album really, guess that will have to wait a year or 2 now.

DStyles
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Distant Relatives is a good album. The highpoint is Strong Will Continue and the low point is Lil Wayne's verse. Jesus, he's bad.

Also, still listening to the B.o.B album. Its great.

How's B.O.B. album? Heading to Best Buy this weekend and might pick it up since "Nothin on You" is growing on me.

SoleAssassin
05-21-2010, 09:49 PM
How's B.O.B. album? Heading to Best Buy this weekend and might pick it up since "Nothin on You" is growing on me.

Solid album.

Postmodernmartyr
05-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Some alternate versions of some songs you may know... all way better than the original...

Everyday I'm Hustlin'
Where They Put My Flag On
My President

SoleAssassin
05-31-2010, 04:23 AM
Royce's BE3 leaked. Enjoying it so far.

ac2565
06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Royce's BE3 leaked. Enjoying it so far.

"I Hate Your Pants" is a classic. :p

Drake's "Thank Me Later" album got leaked. Giving it a listen right now.

Spoony Bard
06-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Drake's not hip hop, he's R&B. Am curious about the album though.

"X"
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Wish drake never signed to young money. He seriously could have been the next ryan leslie.

Absolutionz
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Drake's not hip hop, he's R&B. Am curious about the album though.

Wrong, oh so wrong. Drake is Hip Hop for sure. Just because he can sing and chooses to do so on most of his songs, that doesn't mean he isn't Hip Hop. And Thank Me Later is pretty solid.

And to X, the next R-Les? I doubt that. R-Les is so special b/c everything about his music is done by him. Vocals, beats, everything. Drake is a solid singer but no where near R-Les's level.

Tempetz
07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Okay now, I'll start following this thread from now on. I'll try to be active here...

Many probably remember the ridiculous fuzz that Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2 created after coming out? Everyone was claiming it to be classic album and the return of the Wu-Tang (I was one of them, that album was the shiiiiiiit). Well, we got the 2010 version of it. People are going nuts over Big Boi's debut Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. I think that album really is one of this years highlights at the moment, along with Stimulus Package. It's been quite quiet in 2010...

Anyway, "Fo Yo Sorrows" off the Big Boi LP.

YouTube- Big Boi Ft. George Clinton, Too Short And Sam Chris - Fo Yo Sorrows [CDQ]

Anyone heard the LP yet? :)

YourBoyAl
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
^yeah, big boi's album was great, arguably the best rap album so far this year.

i don't see this album not being on several people's 'top albums' lists by the years end.

Victorious BIG
07-27-2010, 05:26 AM
so far my fav albums of this year are:
Adventures of Bobby Ray
Thank Me Later
Recovery <---( not an eminem fan but this album is killer )

ZackNovak
07-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Big Boi, Drake, and Wiz Khalifa: greatest artists this year.

Soulflyy
07-28-2010, 11:46 PM
yeahhh!

Tech N9ne - Low

YouTube- Tech N9ne - Low

Killah Priest And Chief Kamachi - Closest
YouTube- Killah Priest And Chief Kamachi - Closest

agentplatypus
09-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Big Boi, Drake, and Wiz Khalifa: greatest artists this year. Hardly.

Try,

Chief Kamachi
Q-unique
Diabolic
Reef the Lost Cauze
Matt Maddox
Vinnie Paz
Swann

and all the other underground artists that had dope albums this year.

PainNPower
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Slaughterhouseee

SoleAssassin
10-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Slaughterhouseee

I co-sign this. Thank god there's another SH fan.

MM4 dropping next month. Fuck yea.

Lava Tonsil
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Nas/Marley drops today. Pick up a classic album! Gonna buy it tonight.

Seriously, tho, it's a classic. I got the leak version and every track is good or better.
I forgot to repost in here but i saw Nas and Damian Marley live last month on their Euro tour and they were unreal.
Sick live band, the clarity of their delivery was shockingly good. A nice mix of the distant relatives tracks and their solo work, plus a few interesting solo medleys. And they played for over 2 hours.
Great night, well worth the £25 tickets.

Leak8
10-16-2010, 12:24 AM
YouTube - Vinnie Paz "Nosebleed" Feat. RA. the Rugged Man and Amalie Bruun

ThaFireman
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
I co-sign this. Thank god there's another SH fan.

MM4 dropping next month. Fuck yea.
Cannot wait for MM4, everything I've heard from it so far sounds amazing.

Pieville
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
I found this today.
http://filipfilipi.blogspot.com/
He's not too bad, and some of his tracks are catchy.
And the best thing, Free Mixtapes.

DStyles
11-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Anybody in here fucks with AZ?

IMO he's the best lyricist in the game right now. When I first heard him on "Life's a Bitch" on Illmatic I was like :woop:

Anybody in here fucks with SBeezy? Nah you guys don't but this song goes hard.

YouTube - Soulja Boy ft. 50 Cent - Mean Mug

DStyles
11-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Pilot Talk II is dope.

Pilot Talk I was more uptempo to me and Pilot Talk II is more of a chill back and relax.

Both are dope.

Postmodernmartyr
11-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Anybody in here fucks with AZ?

IMO he's the best lyricist in the game right now. When I first heard him on "Life's a Bitch" on Illmatic I was like :woop:

Anybody in here fucks with SBeezy? Nah you guys don't but this song goes hard.

YouTube - Soulja Boy ft. 50 Cent - Mean Mug (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2De9P6036s)

His lyrics are ok, but they are still kinda trite compared to the rappers I listen to.

SoleAssassin
11-21-2010, 06:24 AM
AZ is in my top 5. Dude drops jewels.

Soulflyy
11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Sikk new track from T.I.'s upcoming album "No Mercy" out Dec 7th
YouTube - T.I. - That's All She Wrote feat. Eminem

2 new leaked tracks:
YouTube - Eminem - Living Proof ft Royce Da 5'9

YouTube - Eminem & Royce Da 5'9" - Echo

DStyles
11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Is anybody buying Banks album tomorrow?

My nikka Banks!

Pusha T went in on Home Sweet Home

"Them near misses
were god kisses"

CLET8
12-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Check this out and let me know what you guys think

YouTube - Wiz Khalifa - Black & Yellow (REMIX) ft. Young Jeezy & Bun B

Zesty Potato234
12-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Favourtie rappers- Eminem, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Jay-z, Dr.Dre (these next 2 are kinda hip hop like rap) BOB & chiddy bang

tomDG111
12-23-2010, 04:47 PM
A new snippet of an Eminem songs been leaked, Cocaine ft Alicia Keys.

DStyles
12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
That's not Alicia Keys.

I think it's a leak from relapse sessions.

Soulflyy
12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
YouTube - Brooklyn Academy - Stupid

YouTube - Brooklyn Academy feat. Vinnie Paz - Told U

Pieville
12-31-2010, 05:39 AM
Discussions about B.o.B., what do you think of him.
I think he is great new talent and I reckon he could become one of the bigger names in Hip-Hop!!!

ThaFireman
12-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Discussions about B.o.B., what do you think of him.
I think he is great new talent and I reckon he could become one of the bigger names in Hip-Hop!!!
I think he's great. His album was awesome and I think his new mixtape is even better. He has a great future.

And 4 Eminem songs have leaked this week, they aren't his best but whatever.

Cocaine (which was suppose to be the first single for Relapse 2) is pretty damn good.
Difficult (really damn good, really has to grow on you, tribute to Proof, complete opposite of "You've Never Over")
Syllables (ft. Dre, Jay-Z, 50, Cashis & Stat Quo) (Encore-era song, his verse on it isn't that good but it has a good message)
Topless (ft. Dre & Nas) (Eminem's verse is just a verse he ghostwrote for Dre and rapped it for him. Nas goes hard as usually)

And Soulja Boy has really grown on me. He's not the best. His song have no real value to them, but damn if they aren't fun to listen to. "Mean Mug" is my favorite by him so far, followed by "30 Thousand 100 Million".

DARK LORD RYAN
01-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I post a lot of Hip Hop here if you wanna have a look at it !

http://ryanlavoine.blogspot.com/

Soulflyy
01-19-2011, 01:50 AM
UK Hip Hop/Grime

YouTube - Random Impulse - Overload [Music Video] [SB.TV WORLD PREMIERE]

YouTube - Skepta - Mike Lowery

YouTube - R.I.O FEAT SHIFTY & GHETTS - 'WE LOVE GRIME' [OFFICIAL VIDEO] [HD]

IIx Anxiety xII
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
YouTube - Brotha Lynch Hung/First Degree D.O.A

YouTube - Brotha Lynch Hung - Nutt Bagg (NEW/2010/From Dinner & A Movie)

IIx Anxiety xII
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I guess most people are too busy listening to the top 40 & manufactured pop to post in here..

YouTube - Binary Star - Honest Expression

YouTube - Dilated Peoples - This Way feat Kanye West

YouTube - Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey [AUDIO] - Lasers In Stores March 8th!

Postmodernmartyr
03-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I guess most people are too busy listening to the top 40 & manufactured pop to post in here..

I find it pretty funny that you say that considering at least 2 of the artists you posted are underground lite...
I quit posting here because most people that read this thread don't like the hip hop that I like so it was a completely wasted effort.

IIx Anxiety xII
03-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I find it pretty funny that you say that considering at least 2 of the artists you posted are underground lite...
I quit posting here because most people that read this thread don't like the hip hop that I like so it was a completely wasted effort.

YouTube - Wale - Strings

YouTube - Sapient - Ready For Whatever

YouTube - The Herd - Emergency

YouTube - Arsonists - Underground Vandal

YouTube - SandPeople - I Don't Care

you was saying?

& who cares if no one likes your hiphop? stop being such a baby haha, do you think alot of people like my sort of hip hop? no they don't too busy listening to soulja boy lil wayne & thinking eminem is the greatest rapper of all time.

martdude16
03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
YouTube - Binary Star - Honest Expression (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8xfWqCmc4)

"Eveything that glitters ain't gold, and every gold record don't glitter, that's for damn sho'!"

C. Titled.

YouTube - Celph Titled and Buckwild - Tingin' (explicit) +lyrics 2010 HQ

^^This, Fuckmaster Sex and Swashbuckling are my favourite tracks off his latest album with Buckwild.

IIx Anxiety xII
03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
"Eveything that glitters ain't gold, and every gold record don't glitter, that's for damn sho'!"

Tune ennitt :drunk

Postmodernmartyr
03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
That was much better, and I don't care that people don't like what I listen to, but the point of a thread is to discuss, and if I'm not getting much discussion, then there's really no point... I come to this place to talk about and ask questions about games... I go elsewhere to talk music.

niko da bos
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
eminem was cool in like 6th grade, but common really? all he raps about is killing his wife and mom, then taking care of his little daughter. lets become a millionaire, then still bitch to everyone how hard my life is...a cyko path with weak ass rhymes, and for some reason females are attracted to this. i suppose he can have the damaged goods, those girls must have no commen sense.

most new hip-hop is filled with weak tired ass ryhmes. if i listen to newer music its usually wayne, drake, rick ross, kanye (chicago boy), project pat, or wacka facka (i actually know somebody related to a member). but my alltime favorite is definetly BIGGIE, nobody will ever spit like that again. his flow is soo good, and his style inspired a huge ammount of rappers that are still gettin rich today.

ac2565
03-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Downloaded XXL Freshmen Class 2011 Mixtape today. My favorite song is Outrageous by Kendrick Lamar.

YouTube - xxl OUTRAGEOUS kendrick lamar.wmv

ThaFireman
03-24-2011, 03:56 AM
eminem was cool in like 6th grade, but common really? all he raps about is killing his wife and mom, then taking care of his little daughter. lets become a millionaire, then still bitch to everyone how hard my life is...a cyko path with weak ass rhymes, and for some reason females are attracted to this. i suppose he can have the damaged goods, those girls must have no commen sense.
Well, all Biggie raps about is crack. Eminem probably has about 5 songs about his wife/mom. Weak ass rhymes? Wow, you know jack shit.

DStyles
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, all Biggie raps about is crack. Eminem probably has about 5 songs about his wife/mom. Weak ass rhymes? Wow, you know jack shit.

You either stop listening to hip hop or go back and listen to Ready to Die.

Anyone liked Rae's Shaoling vs Wu-Tang?

All I want right now is Liquid Swords 2 :woop:

IIx Anxiety xII
03-26-2011, 03:03 PM

Anyone liked Rae's Shaoling vs Wu-Tang?

All I want right now is Liquid Swords 2 :woop:

I was about to comment until i saw G-unit in your sig..ROFL

DStyles
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
G-Unit is the gang!

ThaFireman
03-28-2011, 06:51 AM
He was exaggerating and saying that all Eminem raps about is Kim & his mom. So I exaggerated and said all Biggie raps about is crack. I've heard Ready To Die many times, sir.

IIx Anxiety xII
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
He was exaggerating and saying that all Eminem raps about is Kim & his mom. So I exaggerated and said all Biggie raps about is crack. I've heard Ready To Die many times, sir.

Even so, Eminem is overrated he doesn't hold a candle to Tech N9ne.

Smoochy
03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
I've been into Input quite a bit over the last few months.

YouTube - Input - Diamonds on the Inside

YouTube - Input - Pictureface

SoleAssassin
03-30-2011, 02:28 AM
Even so, Eminem is overrated he doesn't hold a candle to Tech N9ne.

LMFAO at this. BAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA.

I like both artists, but Em > Techa Nina.

SoleAssassin
03-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Downloaded XXL Freshmen Class 2011 Mixtape today. My favorite song is Outrageous by Kendrick Lamar.

YouTube - xxl OUTRAGEOUS kendrick lamar.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1baue_9gs)

Kendrick! Glad to see someone on here listens to him. Peep his mixtapes and shit he did with other artists if you haven't. Dude is breath of fresh air from out here in the West.

IIx Anxiety xII
03-30-2011, 06:22 PM
LMFAO at this. BAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA.

I like both artists, but Em > Techa Nina.

You fail at trolling, want a lesson?

DStyles
03-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I am so sorry sir. please forgive.

Anyways,

Soulja Boy>Tech N9ne

and I'm not even trolling.

Soulja has 3 classic albums under his belt and has what is arguably the best hip hop album debut ever.

+Kanye shrug+

SoleAssassin
03-30-2011, 11:44 PM
You fail at trolling, want a lesson?

I'm not even trolling. I'm just stating a fact. Em is so versatile with his rhymes that Tech can't even touch. Em has more flows then Tech and a lot more classic songs.

You wanna talk about trolling then look no other then the guy above me.

DStyles, I hope you're not serious with the Soulja Boy shit. Everyone > Soulja.

IIx Anxiety xII
03-30-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm not even trolling. I'm just stating a fact. Em is so versatile with his rhymes that Tech can't even touch. Em has more flows then Tech and a lot more classic songs.

You wanna talk about trolling then look no other then the guy above me.

DStyles, I hope you're not serious with the Soulja Boy shit. Everyone > Soulja.

Funny you say that since you just sent me a PM asking for tips?

SoleAssassin
03-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Funny you say that since you just sent me a PM asking for tips?

Stop with the bullshitting to try to get yourself over. If you got nothing to add to the conversation then go on with your business. I can't help it a Tech N9ne stan can't comprehend with reality.

ac2565
03-31-2011, 04:00 AM
Kendrick! Glad to see someone on here listens to him. Peep his mixtapes and shit he did with other artists if you haven't. Dude is breath of fresh air from out here in the West.

Got a list of his official mixtapes?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. I'll download his mixtapes and I'll check out some Black Hippy songs tomorrow.

martdude16
03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Soulja Boy>Tech N9ne

and I'm not even trolling.

Soulja has 3 classic albums under his belt and has what is arguably the best hip hop album debut ever.

...I can't even respond to this, I just... I don't know what to say.

IIx Anxiety xII
03-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Stop with the bullshitting to try to get yourself over. If you got nothing to add to the conversation then go on with your business. I can't help it a Tech N9ne stan can't comprehend with reality.

Righttt..so now your being two faced, & pretending you don't know what i'm talking about?

Well least your original little man.

DStyles
03-31-2011, 08:27 PM
souljaboytellem.com is arguably the best hip hop album debut ever.

At the moment Soulja Boy is if not the best lyricist in the game right now.

My speakers out of space like ET..
cops watch me all day like TV..
SOD hit da club we be so deep..
mine on D and I grind like a OG
I got 12 diamond chains like a Ozzy
follow me like de wizard of Oz
girls love my style cuz it is so mean
ask about me in da streets I spit so heat
Aint nobody in da game messing with my click
Style swift hot like itz july 10th
Fly chick in my whip with nice tits
her boyfriend paid for it, I didn't
Ice game, cold as a polar bear
Sun hit my chain, watch it make a solar flare
We gettin money over here hands in the air
Ya'll making it too easy!, it's not fair

edit: I also want to add that SBeezy is one of the best producers ATM.

martdude16
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
souljaboytellem.com is arguably the best hip hop album debut ever.

At the moment Soulja Boy is if not the best lyricist in the game right now.

My speakers out of space like ET..
cops watch me all day like TV..
SOD hit da club we be so deep..
mine on D and I grind like a OG
I got 12 diamond chains like a Ozzy
follow me like de wizard of Oz
girls love my style cuz it is so mean
ask about me in da streets I spit so heat
Aint nobody in da game messing with my click
Style swift hot like itz july 10th
Fly chick in my whip with nice tits
her boyfriend paid for it, I didn't
Ice game, cold as a polar bear
Sun hit my chain, watch it make a solar flare
We gettin money over here hands in the air
Ya'll making it too easy!, it's not fair

edit: I also want to add that SBeezy is one of the best producers ATM.

I think you're pulling my leg... that is... poor.

What you are saying is that SB's debut album is on a par with Illmatic, Ready 2 Die, Enter The Wu-Tang and Get Rich or Die Tryin' (not a big 50 fan anymore, but that album is amazing) just to name a few.

Next thing, i'm going to be told that Lil' B is one of the GOATs.

-----

Anyway, i've managed to listen to the first few tracks from Saigon's new album, very impressed so far. It's received incredible reviews.

YouTube - Saigon - Come On Baby (video) with intro

EDIT: Embedding blocked, watch on youtube.

SoleAssassin
03-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Finally someone who digs Saigiddy. You peep his album? Shit is piff.

DStyles, your trolling has gone too far.

IIx Anxiety xII
04-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Finally someone who digs Saigiddy. You peep his album? Shit is piff.

DStyles, your trolling has gone too far.

Well done for ingoring me, can't believe it took you this long to click.

DStyles
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Lil B? LOL That lil nikka sucks. Wale, cudi, cole, wiz, big sean, all of those new herbs including odd future are in debt to SBeezy.

w/o SBeezy these nikkas would still be selling their music out the back of the trunk of their toyota.

Lyrically no one in the game right now can fuck with Soulja Boy.

Pieville
04-03-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm just starting to listen to Tech N9ne and I like what I hear, what's a good album to start with?

alpha17
04-03-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm like completely lost with what you guys are talking about. I'm not a big Tech N9ne fan, though I do really like underground hip hop, and rap. I like Mac Miller, he's still young but I think he's got lots of potential.

ac2565
04-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Downloaded C4 and his various freestyles. Downloading Kendrick Lamar EP right now. :)

SoleAssassin
04-04-2011, 03:49 AM
His beat selection is great. If you dig Kendrick you'll live Ab-Soul. Both of them have done tracks with each other.

There's suppose to be a Kendrick/J Cole mixtape dropping in the future. Shit's gonna be piff.

Snowwwwy
04-04-2011, 07:14 AM
I like some Hip Hop music. Not too much of it tho. Gets boring for me quickly. Haha.

SoleAssassin
04-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Ab-Soul - Longterm Mentality dropped.

Peep it!

IIx Anxiety xII
04-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Ill Bill for ruining "Heavy Metal Kings" with your lame ass flow & half arsed lyrics.

DStyles
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPAkRETm7c

bumping that real hip hop 24/7

Hurricane Chris got bars for days :woop:

SoleAssassin
04-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Thanks Ill Bill for ruining "Heavy Metal Kings" with your lame ass flow & half arsed lyrics.

Only heard half the album and he doesn't sound that bad.

IIx Anxiety xII
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Only heard half the album and he doesn't sound that bad.

It's not that he's really bad, he's just too average for Paz the man to be collaborating with.

Anyways, Joel Ortiz KILLS it on this track.

YouTube - Slaughterhouse - Move On (Remix)

IIx Anxiety xII
04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPAkRETm7c

bumping that real hip hop 24/7

Hurricane Chris got bars for days :woop:

Nahh that ninja is whack,its all bouts ma boy Bangz

YouTube - BANGS Take U To Da Movies : [Official Video][HQ]

SoleAssassin
04-13-2011, 09:56 PM
It's not that he's really bad, he's just too average for Paz the man to be collaborating with.

Anyways, Joel Ortiz KILLS it on this track.

YouTube - Slaughterhouse - Move On (Remix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAxjuHFZuoc)

All of them came correct. Since it's really just a track about expressing their problems, I can't choose just one good one. Love both beats from the remix and OG.

DocSmith
04-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Odd future wolf gang kill them all don't give a fuck

free earl

Mosizzle313
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Jedi Mind Tricks are the shit.

DStyles
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
I lol'd at no future being called the next wu-tang...

ac2565
05-03-2011, 05:29 AM
XV's Zero Heroes, Fast Lane and Ballin (Jeezy not wack Jim Jones) are on repeat.

JuSt BLaZe
05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
IMO she got the flow! :blunt

YouTube - "Never Changing" - (Atmosphere 'Always Coming Back Home to You' remix) (Alyssa Marie)

The Destroyernatorer
05-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Not normally a fan of hip hop, in the slightest, but I'm rocking the new Beastie Boys' album. It's pretty darn good.

Very 80s, but that kind of adds to the charm.

DStyles
05-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Soulja's new mixtape goes hard

http://edge-img.datpiff.com/m5be0afc/Soulja_Boy_Juice-front-large.jpg

IIx Anxiety xII
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
YouTube - Bring Me Down (Swollen Members) Ft Saigon

YouTube - Dikky - The World At Large (ft. 2pac) - Modest Nas

YouTube - Vinnie Paz - Drag You To Hell

cbhotshot 12
05-10-2011, 05:24 PM
not trying to hate or nothing but thats not really a good song (in my opinion) i think that his best songs are soilja girl and get silly :D

IIx Anxiety xII
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
These are the only song's i like of his.

YouTube - Snoop Dogg ft. Soulja Boy - Pronto

YouTube - Soulja Boy - Successful [NEW!]

Andreas_loel
05-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Wasnt this thread about hiphop music? what the fuck is soulja boy doing in it?

IIx Anxiety xII
05-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Try scrolling up.

DStyles
05-16-2011, 02:21 PM
It is, Soulja Boy=Hip Hop.

TAI JASON
05-16-2011, 02:39 PM
It is, Soulja Boy=Hip Hop.

No not realy...but as always a matter of taste and i don´t want to start flaming....

JuSt BLaZe
05-16-2011, 05:03 PM
No not realy...but as always a matter of taste and i don´t want to start flaming....

I feel ya bro, haha. :blunt

Besides that **** Soulja Boy took Lil Scrappy's girl (Diamond). I don't like him...

@ OP:

YouTube - DJ Khaled Feat. Drake, Rick Ross, & Lil Wayne - I'm On One

Pieville
05-17-2011, 08:07 AM
http://mixtapewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tinie-tempah-foreign-object-mixtape.jpg

Is a pretty good mixtape, you should check it out!

DStyles
05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYRwTziWtw&feature=player_embedded

Lava Tonsil
05-19-2011, 06:56 PM
YouTube - &#x202a;SemtexTV: Skinnyman - Smoking Ban [MUSIC VIDEO]&#x202c;&rlm;

IIx Anxiety xII
05-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Word to ur mother.

YouTube - &#x202a;Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap - Go Ninja, Go Ninja GO!&#x202c;&rlm;