PDA

View Full Version : The Official Hip Hop Thread...

Pages : [1] 2

Gavin TTC956GP
07-24-2009, 01:20 PM
All the latest and up to date Hip Hop news and articles and anything RAP related goes here...:blunt

Want to VS Fabolous on Xbox Live?

Rapper Fabolous will be taking on fans in an XBox Live Game on Sunday (July 26th). F a b o l o u s will challenge fans to Arcade's Texas Hold 'Em at 5:00 PM Eastern Time. If you would like a chance to play Fabolous, please follow the directions below. Make sure you show up at least 30 minutes early.

Date: July 26th
Time: 5:00 PM– 7:00 PM (EST)
Game: Xbox LIVEģ Arcade’s Texas Hold'em
GAMERTAG: LososWay GwFame (**Note space between LososWay and GwFame)

KFZ Scrubs
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Is this like actual discussion of hip hop, or is it just like hip hop news that's here?
If it's actual hip hop discussion.... does soulja boy count as a hip hop artist are as a hunk of shit we throw money at?

Gavin TTC956GP
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Haaaahahaha
It's fine, u guys can discuss hip hop related things here(try and kepp it clean though, no haters),
I will do my best to post at least 2 of the latest happenings in the rap world per weekday.

As for Soulja Boy, I'm not sure what your argument is???

KFZ Scrubs
07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, i mean can you really call what he does rapping?
Plus, most of his songs don't even make any damn sense.
Also, does every single one of his songs need to have a dance for it?
I know i'm hating, but i think it's just dumb.

KNUCKS x360a
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Not sure about Poker with Fabolous thanks, but I'd go for a game of chess with Immortal Technique...

Gavin TTC956GP
07-24-2009, 01:49 PM
@ KFZ, I understand, and personally I don't dig most of his songs either, BUT, have u heard his track "Kiss me through the phone" ft Sammie???
From his latest album Soulja Boy Tell Em, believe me, it's wicked man, and none of that hardcore rap stuff either.... :)

KFZ Scrubs
07-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Ohh yea, i heard kiss me through the fun, that's the only song of his that i find nice. Everything else though, just seems like mindless ranting though.

Illution
07-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Not sure about Poker with Fabolous thanks, but I'd go for a game of chess with Immortal Technique... I think if you want to get "killed" by him because he's so "smart", you should battle him in naming conspiracy theories.

He seems to be good at expanding on those. Anyways..

Shawty fire burnin on the dance floor...

That song is too damn catchy.

ThaFireman
07-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Can't stand Soulja Boy or Asher Roth.

My favorite rappers at the moment are: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Mike Posner, Wiz Khalifa, Eric B. & Rakim, & Drake.

Mike Posner and Wiz Khalifa are some new people on the horizon that you should really check out. Mike Posner made a brillant cover of Kiss Me Thru The Phone that can be found here:

YouTube - Mike Posner Kiss Me Thru the Phone Remix

lvandal
07-26-2009, 03:27 AM
well, i mean can you really call what he does rapping?
Plus, most of his songs don't even make any damn sense.
Also, does every single one of his songs need to have a dance for it?
I know i'm hating, but i think it's just dumb.

yah, trick, yah!!!1

Gavin TTC956GP
07-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Jay-Z's First Single With Kanye & Rihanna:

Well it's here. The first single from Jay-Z for his upcoming "Blueprint 3" album (if you don't count his street single "D.O.A." is now available! "Run This Town" features hit producer slash rapper Kanye West and singer slash ex-Chris Brown girlfriend, Rihanna. With Rihanna on the chorus and Kanye spitting a verse of his own...

As previously reported, Jay-Z decided to switch the first single from his upcoming "Blueprint 3" album from a track that featured Drake to "Run This Town" which as said above features Kanye West and Rihanna. News of the switch hit via the Hot 106 radio station when the Dj came on saying "JUST GOT WORD: NEW Jay-Z single coming this Friday (July 24) called "Run This Town" with Kanye and Rihanna"!

VladimirK
07-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I see a mention of Immortal Technique, but aside from that, where's all the real Hip Hop?

KFZ Scrubs
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
yah, trick, yah!!!1
Exactly, i heard that shit and it sounded so..... wtf.
Also i was watching his music video where he was talking about getting D's on his report card or some crap like that.
Thank god people don't look up to him *sarcasm*

martdude16
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Rap/Hip-hop isn't what it used to be!

My personal favourite rappers are :-

2pac, Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, Nas, Immortal Technique, KRS-One, Busta Rhymes (Before 'The Big Bang', his latest stuff is poor), Ice Cube, Common and Big L.

and Groups :-

Jurassic 5, Wu-Tang Clan and D12.

I've forgotten a few aswell. :)

PureTechniquex
07-27-2009, 06:04 PM
90% of RAP/HIPHOP is trash nowadays, its all gone mainstream,

I prefer to listen to Underground stuff like;

Immortal Technique, Vinnie Paz, Klashnekoff, Skriblah, Jus Allah.

& even Grime like; Wretch 32, Black the ripper, Little Nasty.

50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne have no sick lyrics; just tracks for the clubs.

Illution
07-27-2009, 10:58 PM

Even pac and big had tracks just for the clubs. But vinnie paz is sick. I hate the fact that he's the only one in JMT who seems to know what they're doing and sounding good. He kinda contradicts himself a lot, though...

You guys should listen to Canibus if you like tech. He's very wordsy and his flow is ridiculously good.

SoleAssassin
07-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I bless this thread as long as it's kept for REAL HIP HOP and not no bullshit Hip Pop on the radio.

Slaughterhouse droppin' 8/11. Cop it!

SoleAssassin
07-28-2009, 02:49 AM
A BUNCH of unreleased 2Pac tracks have been droppin as of late.

Vinnie Paz is gonna release a solo album sometime this year.

Kelis is a bitch for taking all of Nas' money.

Nas/Marley album dropping this year.

Raekwon's OB4CL2 is SUPPOSE to drop this year. It had so many push backs already that I won't be surprised it it doesn't drop.

SoleAssassin
07-28-2009, 02:52 AM
And NaS the GOAT.

True Story.

Illution
07-28-2009, 05:20 AM
TRIPLE POST IS EPIC!!!!!!!

NaS isn't the GOAT, it's EMINEM DOOD

but really, who's the GOAT?

Gavin TTC956GP
07-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Swizz Beatz Talks Working On Jiggas Blueprint 3

Hit producer Swizz Beatz recently talked about his role in Jay-Z's upcoming "Blueprint 3" album in a new interview with MTV. Beyond producing tracks for Jigga's beyond highly anticipated new LP, Swizz talked about how he and HOV both share a huge appreciation for music.

"I've been kicking since '98," Swizz said in an interview. "That's what I told Hova, 'We did it in '99, and we 'bout to do it in '09.' That's a blessing. I've been around...I like the album...He gotta say a lot. You know who to come through for the gutter . He just called me from London, spazzin'. Me and [B]Jay, we're so much into the art of music, and we're great friends. This album, we happened to get into a little bit. That sh*t is super fun. We're still working."

martdude16
07-28-2009, 09:15 AM

In my opinion it's 2pac, the guy was before my time (I was 4 or 5 when he died :() but he was amazing, his lyrics are sensational!!!

Close second B.I.G.!

But hey everyone will have different opinions on who is GOAT, if anyone says Soulja Boy or Lil' Wayne though...... that's taking it too far.

Evo Kazz
07-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I started out listening to 2pac, and B.I.G also, loved those guys, also like the female rap scene somewhat as well, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Shawnna etc.

These days I seem to be playing Young Jeezy's albums over and over, I dont know much about the guy but his tracks are so amazing. Listen to some Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, prefer older stuff though, once they go mainstream, it is usually bye bye skill.

agentplatypus
07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
All underground for me.

Jedi Mind Tricks
Army Of The Pharaohs
Immortal Technique
Demigodz
Virtuoso
Binary Star
Redshield
DZK
Diabolic
Esoteric
R.A. the Rugged Man

Too many more to name.

ThaFireman
07-28-2009, 10:03 AM
These days I seem to be playing Young Jeezy's albums over and over, I dont know much about the guy but his tracks are so amazing. Listen to some Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, prefer older stuff though, once they go mainstream, it is usually bye bye skill.
That's what most people think about Eminem because all they hear is shitty singles on the radio and think that's all he is. I tell him to listen to "Till I Collapse" and get back to me.

agentplatypus
07-28-2009, 10:04 AM
That's what most people think about Eminem because all they hear is shitty singles on the radio and think that's all he is. I tell him to listen to "Till I Collapse" and get back to me.

EM's old shit (infinite) is dope. After that he went downhill.

ThaFireman
07-28-2009, 11:17 AM
You can't, at least, tell me you didn't like MMLP?

Gavin TTC956GP
07-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Funny......no one's mentioned "RELAPSE" as yet........still think Slim has gone downhill???
I think it's a pretty good album, wicked lines and dope beats.
Beautiful and Crack a Bottle being my favz.

*I still await "DETOX" with much anticipation......

agentplatypus
07-28-2009, 01:16 PM
You can't, at least, tell me you didn't like MMLP?

It was good. But not as good as SSLP or Infinate. Each album has gotten worse.

martdude16
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM

I think he improved up to 'The Eminem Show' then after that his albums have been worse (but not terrible).

Gavin TTC956GP
07-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Game Talks New Album & Disses G-Unit Again

Game is currently working on his upcoming "The R.E.D." album and the big question is, how will it do? "If you going by current status of the artistís music, then, I mean, I gotta exceed," Game said."This album is the most lyrical of them all, this album is the most lyrical album, period, point blank. I can say that about The R.E.D. Album."

So how does this new album stack up against say "L.A.X."? "The R.E.D. Album is a little soulful," Game said before saying the new material is "pre-Documentary," stating that he's "as raw as before I got with Dre." But every rapper says his new album is the best yet, so what do we believe? "Iím just going to say itís going to be a great album, man."

In related news, after saying he was sorry to pretty much everyone not to long ago, The Game has gone back to dissing G-Unit. During a concert in Amsterdam recently, Game called out 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo shouting "G-Unot!." He continued... "G-Unit still don't get no love, f*ck them. F*ck 50. F*ck Banks. F*ck Yayo. There's only three n*ggas left, when I'm done, it's gonna be nobody. GGG GGG GGG-Unot!!! GGG-Unot! GGGG-Unot! GGG-GGG-GGGG-Unot! F*ck G-Unit!"

http://a.imagehost.org/0430/187.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0430/187)

martdude16
07-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Game Talks New Album & Disses G-Unit Again

Game is currently working on his upcoming "The R.E.D." album and the big question is, how will it do? "If you going by current status of the artistís music, then, I mean, I gotta exceed," Game said."This album is the most lyrical of them all, this album is the most lyrical album, period, point blank. I can say that about The R.E.D. Album."

So how does this new album stack up against say "L.A.X."? "The R.E.D. Album is a little soulful," Game said before saying the new material is "pre-Documentary," stating that he's "as raw as before I got with Dre." But every rapper says his new album is the best yet, so what do we believe? "Iím just going to say itís going to be a great album, man."

In related news, after saying he was sorry to pretty much everyone not to long ago, The Game has gone back to dissing G-Unit. During a concert in Amsterdam recently, Game called out 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo shouting "G-Unot!." He continued... "G-Unit still don't get no love, f*ck them. F*ck 50. F*ck Banks. F*ck Yayo. There's only three n*ggas left, when I'm done, it's gonna be nobody. GGG GGG GGG-Unot!!! GGG-Unot! GGGG-Unot! GGG-GGG-GGGG-Unot! F*ck G-Unit!"

I think 'The Game' is dissing everybody.... in preparation for his new album. He has started going at 'Jay-Z' now, by screaming 'Fuck Gay-Z' (that's original :p) and releasing "I'm So Wavy" (average diss track). I like the guy but seriously..... 'beefing' to sell records should have ended along time ago.

Illution
07-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Most lyrical album of the year by the game?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT

try the 10,000 bar album by Canibus that's supposed to come out this year. 10,000 bars!!! who does that?!?!

Rip the Jacker infinity :O Canibus, that's who.

Gavin TTC956GP
07-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I get what u're saying Martdude, Game even had a go at Beyonce just to get at JayZ....so yeah, all for the love of Hip Hop!
Anyway, most diss tracks get released on mixtapes these days, rather than official album releases.
Few weeks back there was a story about The Game, apparently, he's gonna release 1 mixtape PER WEEK(not sure when that's gonna start...if ever), but he said that these mixtapes would even be better than other Rap artists albums that are on the market now :boxer

Gavin TTC956GP
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Young Jeezy Talks Tour With Lil Wayne

Young Jeezy will soon be touring the country with Lil Wayne for their 'America's Most Wanted' tour and the southern rapper sat down with Sway to talk about what makes this tour different from their past shows. "Me and Wayne went on my Street Dreams Tour," Jeezy said in an interview. "That's two and half, three years ago. This is our third time being out. But this is amphitheaters -- it's outside, so you have a whole different feel."

Jeezy then spoke on motivation and his love of performinjg. "I still do it for where I came from, I do it for the 'hood every time...I'm just ready to see what the crowd is gonna be like. How they gonna feel...For the most part, you gotta really be creative at this point...I brought the band out. I got a eight-, nine-piece band...Despite all the ghetto classics I got, I got music. I wanted to present it as music. Especially since I'm working on a new album, and that's kinda where I'm going with. I wanted to get them started early."

ThaFireman
07-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Holy shit. Eminem disses Nick Cannon & Carey.

YouTube - Eminem - The Warning **NICK CANNON & MARIAH CAREY DISS** **NEW WITH DOWNLOAD LINK!**

I'd LOVE to see Nick Cannon respond to this.

Gavin TTC956GP
07-31-2009, 05:57 AM
Ludacris Confirms Ghostwritting for Dr Dre Detox; Reveals New Album Name

When a demo of Detox hit the internet, it featured Ludacris rapping on a song titled "O.G. Theme (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/ludacris-ogs-theme.html)" which included the lyrics "Ainít no ni**a better than Doc Dre, Iím a 20-year veteran." fueling rumors that the Atlanta based rapper was ghostwriting for none other than Dr. Dre himself, rumors that Ludacris was chosen to write for Detox is now to confirm: "It was for Dre. I wrote it for Dre," adding "It was supposed to be for Detox, but I donít know since it got leaked. I donít know if itís gonna get used."

But the ghostwriting doesnít stop there, as he revealed that it was not the only track he wrote for Detox, "I wrote a couple records and that was one of them." Already leaked from Detox were other ghostwritten songs by numerous artists like "Young Knox Ė Tha Docter (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/dr-dre-young-knox-the-doctor.html)" and "T.I. ft Kobe - This is Detox (I Am Hip Hop) (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/t.i.-ft.-kobe-this-is-detox-i-am-hiphop.html)"

Also stomping rumors pertaining to his career, Ludacris decided to clear the air on his own upcoming solo album, set to drop next year, at an event in West Hollywood, saying "It must be the biggest rumor in the world because youíre like the fifth person who asked me about that," Adding that "Itís just really frustrating when somebody puts a rumor out and everyone goes with it." As for rumors circulating on what the new title would be, he kills the gossip quick "I never remotely said anything about something called 'Cineplex.' Dead that shit," said Ludacris. "Itís 'Ludaversal.' Thatís what comes after 'Battle of the Sexes.'"

"Battle of the Sexes" is set to come out at the end of this year, and will be a corroboration between Ludacris, and DTP member Shawnna. While "Ludaversal" is scheduled to be released some time in 2010.

http://a.imagehost.org/0288/118.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0288/118)

Gavin TTC956GP
08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Eminem Disses Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon on leaked track "The Warning"

Eminem dropped a new diss song directed at former girlfriend Mariah Carey, and her husband of a year Nick Cannon called "The Warning (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/eminem-ft-mariah-carey-the-warning.html)", he takes shot after shot at the singer, from spilling details on sex acts the two had while dating and compromising pictures he has of the singer, and makes it clear this is a "Warning Shot (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/eminem-ft-mariah-carey-the-warning.html)". Other allegations include her being mentally unstable, and telling Nick he got played by Mariah.
Mariaaahh did it ever occur to you that i still have pictures however you prefer to do and that goes for Nick too faggot you think im scurred of you you gonna ruin my career you better get one like im gonna sit and fight with you over some slut b**ch c*nt that made me put up with her psycho *ss over 6 months and only spread her legs to let me hit once yeah what you gonna say im lucky tell the public that i was so ugly that you f***ing had to be drunk to f**k me second base what the f**k you tell Nick pumpkin second week we were dry humpin that has to count for somethin Taking even more shots at Nick Cannon, Em tells him to get his wife to stop taking shots at him, in reference to Mariah portraying him in her music video for her single "Obsessed (http://www.rapbasement.com/music-videos/mariah-carey-obsessed-em-diss.html)", or he will keep going at them and claims to have "enough dirt on you to murder you".
wanna hear some wick wack i got the same exact tat thats on Nicks back im obsessed now oh g that supposed to be me in the video with the goatee wow Mariah i didnt expect you to go balls out b**ch shut the f**k up before i put all them phone calls out you made at my house while you were wildin out before Nick when yous was on my d**k ill give you something to smile about how many times did you fly to my house still trying to count you better shut your lying mouth if you dont want nick finding out you probably think cuz since its been so long if i had something on you i woulda done it by now on the contrary Mary Poppins im mixing a studio session down and sending it in to mastering to make it loud enough dirt on you to murder you this is what the f**k i do He also calls Cannon a f**got and mocks the Mariah Carey tattoo on his back. He returned to previous allegation he has made as well when referencing phone calls Mariah made to him in the past. The only nice thing he has to say in the song, is when he thanked Dr. Dre for a "sick track".

http://a.imagehost.org/0907/102.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0907/102)

"X"
08-01-2009, 06:54 AM
I bless this thread as long as it's kept for REAL HIP HOP and not no bullshit Hip Pop on the radio.

Slaughterhouse droppin' 8/11. Cop it!

I'll only purchase if joey is clipped out of every song. Can only stand his flow on mellow tracks like "walk with me" or "broken wings". You hear about crooked getting slaughter house tatted on his arm without the "h" :p

Nas/Marley album dropping this year.

Raekwon's OB4CL2 is SUPPOSE to drop this year. It had so many push backs already that I won't be surprised it it doesn't drop.

These and Dead Prez's "information age" are the only albums i'll prob. purchase this year, was upset meth album got pushed back till 2010' :(.

Gumbyô
08-02-2009, 01:47 AM
YouTube - Panacea - Blue Ice

martdude16
08-02-2009, 08:00 AM
YouTube - Panacea - Blue Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5xZmer3rt4)

Nice track thanks for posting, the artwork is awesome aswell.

Gumbyô
08-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Nice track thanks for posting, the artwork is awesome aswell.

No problem man.
Lots more by them here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Mysticpisshead1&view=videos&query=Panacea

martdude16
08-02-2009, 03:03 PM
No problem man.
Lots more by them here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Mysticpisshead1&view=videos&query=Panacea

Cool, just subscribed to the guy. :)

Gavin TTC956GP
08-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Ja Rule Responds To Eminems Mariah Diss

After Eminem released his "Warning (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/eminem-ft-mariah-carey-the-warning.html)", a diss track towards Nick Cannon and his wife Mariah Carey (who is also featured on the song), Ja Rule has come forward to give his reaction to the song.With a past that includes beef with Eminem himself, 50 Cent, and pretty much everyone associated with them both, Ja Rule says the beef between a female and a male shouldn't be taken to music.

"It all stemmed from an Eminem comment," Rule said in Mariah's defense. "With him saying he peed on her or some sh*t like that, I don't, you know, come on. Real talk, there really shouldn't be any [diss] records being made. [laughs] It should be a lot of swinging and swinging. But hey, it is what it is...I don't feel like -- I don't have to insult a woman. Even if he did do that, let's say he did do that, you're kissing and telling now? You a chick? You Superhead? You kissing and telling and sh*t? I don't know."

Souja Boy Talks About All His Collabs

Soulja Boy recently talked about working with Drake on a new record and how Drake's recent injury has postponed their song. Beyond Drake, Soulja Boy also hinted about other artists he's working with. "N*ggas just been hitting me left and right like 'Soulja I need you on a track,'" he said in an interview."I just did a song with Lil Kim, the remix for 'Download.' Me, her, T-Pain and The-Dream. Me and Snoop Dogg doing a joint we got together...Me and R. Kelly got a song...I got a song I'm working on, me and Drake was supposed to go out in the studio man. But he fell, he fell on-stage last night, so, hopefully we still gonna get it in. You know what I'm saying? He cool, but I don't know man. He took a pretty bad fall."

In related news, Soulja Boy broke news about working with Drake during a radio interview. "Drake is a real dude," Soulja Boy said. "Most rappers, they don't like to give the other rappers props.They be hating on the next man and he showed me my respect. Drake is a good artist. I just got through chopping it up with him before [Lil] Wayne went on stage. We got a song coming too. We've been in the studio. I got the studio bus actually on the road, the whole tour. So I'm recording my third album, The DeAndre Way, it drops November. I'm recording my album while we're on tour. So y'all can look out for the Soulja Boy [and] Drake collaboration."

martdude16
08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Ja Rule Responds To Eminems Mariah Diss

After Eminem released his "Warning (http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/eminem-ft-mariah-carey-the-warning.html)", a diss track towards Nick Cannon and his wife Mariah Carey (who is also featured on the song), Ja Rule has come forward to give his reaction to the song.With a past that includes beef with Eminem himself, 50 Cent, and pretty much everyone associated with them both, Ja Rule says the beef between a female and a male shouldn't be taken to music.

"It all stemmed from an Eminem comment," Rule said in Mariah's defense. "With him saying he peed on her or some sh*t like that, I don't, you know, come on. Real talk, there really shouldn't be any [diss] records being made. [laughs] It should be a lot of swinging and swinging. But hey, it is what it is...I don't feel like -- I don't have to insult a woman. Even if he did do that, let's say he did do that, you're kissing and telling now? You a chick? You Superhead? You kissing and telling and sh*t? I don't know."

I don't think Ja should say anything, Eminem would destroy him.

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I still hate soulja boy and i still have no idea why people like and or listen to him.
I mean, he became a even bigger joke to me when he did is little xbox live rant on youtube not too long ago.

ThaFireman
08-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think Ja should say anything, Eminem would destroy him.
Yeah, no one cares about an opinion of a man that hasn't been heard of in like 5-6 years. (Talking about Ja)

Gavin TTC956GP
08-05-2009, 06:36 AM
I still hate soulja boy and i still have no idea why people like and or listen to him.
I mean, he became a even bigger joke to me when he did is little xbox live rant on youtube not too long ago.

Ever hear the saying "different strokes for different folks".....well, we all have different tastes man, so u can't judge an artist by personal perception.
Hey, I agree, he could never be the next Tupac/Snoop/Biggie, but a few tracks from him aint that bad after a good listen to his last/previous album.
U might not like his music cos it's different from the type of "other/usual" rap music/beats, he came out with his own style of music.

Just my thoughts man, not critisizing ;)

Gavin TTC956GP
08-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Method Man Shoots Fan.. With Pellet Gun

M E T H O D Man is being accused of shooting a female fan multiple times as she waited to get an autograph from Meth at a Texas concert... with a pellet gun that is. A lawsuit was filed in Houston claiming that Mary Anderson had to get medical care for her injuries she says came from the long time Wu-Tang member.

Anderson says that Method Man shot her six times with a pellet gun out the back window of his tour bus as she was in line waiting to get her concert ticket autographed. Anderson says she "received no warnings prior to this incident and was without fault when (Smith) fired pellets into a crowd and struck Anderson in the torso." She says she suffered multiple injuries to her stomach and chest that required medical treatment. Anderson seeks punitive damages for assault, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence and gross negligence.

http://a.imagehost.org/0155/154.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0155/154)

DerBroodwich402
08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Well the first disc to Mixtape Messiah 7 from Chamillionaire is avaliable at chamillionaire.com (http://www.chamillionaire.com) and from what I've listened to so far it's worth the download.

martdude16
08-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Well the first disc to Mixtape Messiah 7 from Chamillionaire is avaliable at chamillionaire.com (http://www.chamillionaire.com) and from what I've listened to so far it's worth the download.

Wicked, i'll give that a listen. I thought the 'Ultimate Victory' was an amazing album by Chamillionaire.

HooDLuM
08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Gayme, gonna go at Jay-Z. Fool.

I know what he's doing, he's stirring up beef with Jigga because he has an album due and it's the only way he can hype it up.

I dont rate gayme as an artist. Eazy E this, Dr Dre that. SHUT UP!

Gavin TTC956GP
08-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Gayme, gonna go at Jay-Z. Fool.

I know what he's doing, he's stirring up beef with Jigga because he has an album due and it's the only way he can hype it up.

I dont rate gayme as an artist. Eazy E this, Dr Dre that. SHUT UP!

I guess your spelling was intentional then :p

HooDLuM
08-06-2009, 09:21 AM
yes, yes it was ! lol

JayBeezy330
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I mean who the hell even interviewed Ja Rule in the first place? I mean his last album wasn't even released and its gonna be released as a free download because his singles didnt do a damn thing.

agentplatypus
08-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Redshield
YouTube - Redshield (Of Oldominion) - Fear Factor
My man Diabolic droppin some dope shit YouTube - DIABOLIC - I Don't Wanna Rhyme (Prod. by Engineer)

Nokturnal Glow
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
yah need to get on my dude....Mr.Lif
YouTube - Mr. Lif - The Sun
And dont let me start with my dude....Canibus
YouTube - Canibus - Master Thesis

DerBroodwich402
08-07-2009, 12:35 AM
The Game Vs. Jay-Z Reaches New Level: D.O.H T-Shirts For Sale!

"And his new hip hop combatant, God MC Jay-Z, have been trading a few shots for the past couple of weeks but now Game seemingly wants to put the beef in hyperdrive. Word has it while Game is on tour overseas he has had shirts manufactured to diss Hova, stating D.O.H [Death Of Hova]."

http://media.defsounds.com/uploads/assets/948/1008/25678/asset.jpeg

Source (http://www.defsounds.com/articles/The_game_vs_jay_z_reaches_new_level_doh_t_shirts_f or_sale)

I know this beef has been talked about quite a few times on here but I think the game is just getting a little ridiculous. I mean I'm a fan of his music and also a fan of Jay-Z, but this beef is lame.

Oh and by the way disc 2 of Chamillionaire's Mixtape Messiah 7 is up now Here (http://www.chamillionaire.com/mixtapes/mixtape-messiah-7.html)

agentplatypus
08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
YouTube - Panacea - Blue Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5xZmer3rt4)

Good shit, my favorite song by them is birdfeather.

And dont let me start with my dude....Canibus
YouTube - Canibus - Master Thesis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1jCkXck_lU)

Canibus is mad dope.

PerpetualHeaven
08-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't know if anyone has ever heard of LoS, but I really like him. I haven't heard anything original from him yet as he just samples beats from other people and raps. Regardless, I really like him.

YouTube - Say Yeah Remix

TwiztidChef
08-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Cool thread,

Most of my favorite are underground, Psychopathic Records, Kottonmouth Kings and Subnoize, Tech N9ne and Strange Muzik, and of course classics like Outkast, Nas, 2pac, Biggie, Eightball and MJG, UGK, also Young Jeezy is cool. Soulja boy is the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard. I mean come on, 2pac dies and his murder is never solved and this piece of shit gets to get rich off of his "raps", b.s...

Bone Thugs N Harmony have a CD coming out in Sept I think, with all 5 members back in the group.

Shyne gets outta jail like next month, I hate Bad Boy Entertainment, but Shyne's 1st CD was really good.

martdude16
08-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Just won Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool" off eBay for 99p :), have always wanted to listen to it but didn't want to spend a fiver. Still bidding on Chali 2na's (from Jurassic 5) new album "Fish Outta Water", heard a few tracks and they were quality.

PureTechniquex
08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Bit of underground rap:

YouTube - Snowgoons--"Knockatomi plaza" feat. Side Effect

YouTube - Sean Price - Onion Head Feat. Tek (UNCENSORED)

YouTube - Outerspace - What The Future Holds

YouTube - TERRA FIRMA - WAR

YouTube - Terra Firma - Git Down Remix

Some old, some new, just posting to hear what you guys think.

"X"
08-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Bit of underground rap:

YouTube - Snowgoons--"Knockatomi plaza" feat. Side Effect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WolU_DCrsag)

YouTube - Sean Price - Onion Head Feat. Tek (UNCENSORED) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3aMfG6n-BQ&feature=fvwe1)

YouTube - Outerspace - What The Future Holds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQVc-rFhjg&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube - TERRA FIRMA - WAR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4PL5UQkhNM)

YouTube - Terra Firma - Git Down Remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2regB9bOzQ)

Some old, some new, just posting to hear what you guys think.

You the man for posting Terra Firma comrade.

YouTube - Hasan Salaam - Prayer of a Sinner

Gavin TTC956GP
08-12-2009, 06:25 AM
50 Cent Joins Modern Warfare 2

50 Cent won't just appear in his own video games, the G-Unit general has been tagged to appear in the upcoming Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 video game. 50 Cent visited Infinity Ward this month where they make the game that should hit stores around November 10th. 5th will lend his voice as the multi-player voice while Benji & Joel Madden of Good Charlotte were there to to check out the game and tour the company.

The developer (Infinity) also confirmed that 50 Cent will be party of the game. 50 will be "one of many squad voices" to feature in the multi-player and Special Ops modes in Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling told Kotaku. The rapper will be voicing certain phrases such as 'Reloading,' 'Watch your fire,' 'I'm down, get me up!' and 'Tango Down!' says Bowling. "He is one of quite a few casual cameos in the game, none of which I can name at this point," Bowling says.

http://a.imagehost.org/0108/111.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0108/111)

Waggaz
08-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Haha 50 in MW2 lol. Madd.

martdude16
08-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I see people have posted videos of song they like and I enjoyed listening to alot of them, so I figured i'd post a few my current favourites. Not entirely underground but who cares. :p

Jurassic 5 - Quality Control

YouTube - Jurassic 5 - Quality Control

Common - Testify

YouTube - common Testify video

D12 - American Psycho

YouTube - D12 - American Psycho [WITH LYRICS]

Flobots - Combat

YouTube - Flobots - Combat

Immortal Technique - Diabolical (Track at the end of 'Dance With The Devil')

YouTube - Immortal technique - Diabolical

KRS-One - Ova Here

YouTube - KRS-One - Ova Here (Nelly diss)

That's just a few if I posted 2pac and B.I.G. tracks i'd be here all day. Opinions are welcome, good or bad.

PureTechniquex
08-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I see people have posted videos of song they like and I enjoyed listening to alot of them, so I figured i'd post a few my current favourites. Not entirely underground but who cares. :p

YouTube - Jurassic 5 - Quality Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4iDM09oRE)

Common - Testify

YouTube - common Testify video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WebILJKDms8)

D12 - American Psycho

YouTube - D12 - American Psycho [WITH LYRICS] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAteXhAmk4M)

Flobots - Combat

YouTube - Flobots - Combat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNZEaKxJ3F8)

Immortal Technique - Diabolical (Track at the end of 'Dance With The Devil')

YouTube - Immortal technique - Diabolical (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl93z_d_xDk)

KRS-One - Ova Here

YouTube - KRS-One - Ova Here (Nelly diss) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jmvbvDT_k)

That's just a few if I posted 2pac and B.I.G. tracks i'd be here all day. Opinions are welcome, good or bad.

Yes yes, Immortal Technique No. 1 underground rapper. ;)

He actually inspired me to have Technique in my old GT, Haha.

martdude16
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Yes yes, Immortal Technique No. 1 underground rapper. ;)

He actually inspired me to have Technique in my old GT, Haha.

Yeah I agree, he's definately around the top.
However because of his underground status his albums such as "Revolutionary Vol. 1/2" are extremely hard to get hold off. I can't even get them for a decent price on eBay!

I have listened to some of the tracks off 'Spotify' and they are awesome, i'd just prefer to have them on my iPod....

By the way have you listened to "Bin Laden" or "Tell the Truth"? That track is quality. If you haven't give them a listen, you may like them.

Original - With Mos Def and a little Eminem sample.
YouTube - Bin laden - immortal technique,mos def,eminem

Remix - With KRS-One
YouTube - Immortal Technique - Bin Laden Remix

Gavin TTC956GP
08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Jay-Z Set To Take Over VMAs

It's official, Jay-Z will be taking the stage at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. Not only will Jigga perform at the show, but he is also nominated for two moon men for his "D.O.A. (Death Of Autotune) (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/081209-jay-z-will-perform-at-this-years-mtv-video-music-awards.html)" music video. Hov will have to face off with some big names and videos including Kanye West's "Love Lockdown (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/081209-jay-z-will-perform-at-this-years-mtv-video-music-awards.html)", Asher Roth's "I Love College (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/081209-jay-z-will-perform-at-this-years-mtv-video-music-awards.html)" and Flo Rida's "Right Round (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/081209-jay-z-will-perform-at-this-years-mtv-video-music-awards.html)".

Other rappers up for awards at this year's VMAs include Drake who will take his "Best I Ever Had (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/081209-jay-z-will-perform-at-this-years-mtv-video-music-awards.html)" video and KiD CuDi with his "Day N Nite (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/081209-jay-z-will-perform-at-this-years-mtv-video-music-awards.html)" music video, both rappers are up against Asher Roth for 'Best New Artist." The award show will air live on September 13 at 9 p.m. EST from stages throughout NYC. As of press time it is uncertain what song Hov will be performing.

http://a.imagehost.org/0560/107.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0560/107)

SetsunaFSeiei
08-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I was very confused reading the first post

Suggestion: You should edit it every now and then depending on which artist will be doing an xbox live event

As for Hip Hop , some of the music is alright , something for me and my friends to fool around too, however i would never listen to it cause i like it ... i hate most if not all Hip Hop

Im not saying its garbage, i used to listen to it years back , however the new music today like coughlilwaynecough , i cant bare to listen to them , theyre horrible and the lyrics are so stupid and have no meaning to it at all but to fit the beats of song and rhyme with the lyrics before or after it

PureTechniquex
08-13-2009, 05:11 PM
However because of his underground status his albums such as "Revolutionary Vol. 1/2" are extremely hard to get hold off. I can't even get them for a decent price on eBay!

Wow, Off-Topic: your gamerscore is quality '88,888' haha.

Illution
08-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Bah, that song by Immortal Tech just reminded me why I don't like him. All he does is preach conspiracy theories and "fuck the government, trust nobody" bullshit. He has a nice flow but his words are too outdone. We know you don't trust the government, SAY SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Canibus is the no.1 underground rapper IMO. He's got the best flow and the sickest lyrics.

martdude16
08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Bah, that song by Immortal Tech just reminded me why I don't like him. All he does is preach conspiracy theories and "fuck the government, trust nobody" bullshit. He has a nice flow but his words are too outdone. We know you don't trust the government, SAY SOMETHING ELSE!!!

I understand, I don't listen to him because I believe his 'theories' but because his rhymes are immense, even though they may be completely false.

Canibus is alright, not one of my top rappers though.

And about the 88,888 gamerscore, yeah I was going to screenshot it and everything and then without releasing I unlocked another 20G achievement on Midnight Club :(. Oh well I guess i'll have to wait to 99,999G....

Gavin TTC956GP
08-14-2009, 06:00 AM

Suggestion: You should edit it every now and then depending on which artist will be doing an xbox live event

As for Hip Hop , some of the music is alright , something for me and my friends to fool around too, however i would never listen to it cause i like it ... i hate most if not all Hip Hop

Im not saying its garbage, i used to listen to it years back , however the new music today like coughlilwaynecough , i cant bare to listen to them , theyre horrible and the lyrics are so stupid and have no meaning to it at all but to fit the beats of song and rhyme with the lyrics before or after it

Urmmm, isn't that contradicting yourself :confused:
And like I always say, different strokes for different folks.
Obviously, your taste in music isn't gonna be the same as that guy selling fish on the roadside in Jamaica.....u get what I'm saying!
So, likewise, if u wanna crit Rap or Hip Hop culture as a whole for that matter, rather put some factual information on the table instead on being....well....."vague" really. Be more specific, instead of saying the "lyrics are stupid"!

How bout u create your own music thread and see how that goes......not hatin'...just being real :rolleyes:

Gavin TTC956GP
08-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Timbaland Makes Producer Video Game

Jay-Z and Eminem are not the only artists getting into the video game industry. Producer Timbaland, who's made hits for artists like Jay-Z, Missy Elliott and Ludacris, teamed up with the company responsible for the highly-successful Grand Theft Auto series to develop a video game, titled Beaterator. The game will allow players to utilize Timboís signature sounds to create their own beats.

"Iíve worked closely with Rockstar Games to make something completely unique," Tim said via a press release. "Beaterator is like taking my music studio and turning it into a suite of tools anyone can use. We canít wait to hear the beats people make and share with the world." Beaterator should hit stores on September 29th.

Fabolous Signs With Reebok

Fabolous announced that he has signed a new big endorsement deal with Reekbook in which he will help debut all kinds of new kicks plus he will headline a five-city Classic Remix Concert Series. Fab, teaming up with Cornerstone Promotion and Foot Locker, will kick-off the series as the first one hundred fans in each city will be able to "buy a pair, get a pair" -- receiving a pair of tickets to a first-of-its-kind, exclusive, intimate Fabolous performance. Fabolous will personally meet with fans at Foot Locker locations throughout the US to promote Reebok's Classic Remix footwear collection and the Classic Remix Concert Series. Cities include, New York City, New York (August 24, 2009), New Orleans, Louisiana (August 26, 2009), Miami, Florida (August 28, 2009), Houston, Texas (September 1, 2009), and Atlanta, Georgia (September 3, 2009).

In related news, Fabolous recently confirmed the new deal on his Twitter account today (August 13th) saying "Signed a endorsement campaign wit Reebok 2day," he wrote. "Also has 5 shows attached that i will perform in NY,ATL,HOU,MIA,NO.. told yall Rise & Grind!"

Suge Knights Vegas Home For Sale

The infamous Suge Knight will have his Las Vegas home put on the open market for a nice pricetag of around $1.5 million dollars. The home, famous for being where Suge Knight lived when Tupac Shakur was shot and killed, also has many other trademarks.

Some other random facts about the home include: - It was used as Robert DeNiro's home in Casino. - It has a poolside BBQ and a guest house. - It was once raided by the police. - It has four bedrooms, seven baths. - Knight lived there when Tupac was shot and killed next to him in a car in 1996. - It's walking distance to Wayne Newton's pad.

agentplatypus
08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
My man Virtuoso
YouTube - VIRTUOSO - MAN OF THE HOUR!

PureTechniquex
08-15-2009, 11:05 AM

I have listened to some of the tracks off 'Spotify' and they are awesome, i'd just prefer to have them on my iPod....

By the way have you listened to "Bin Laden" or "Tell the Truth"? That track is quality. If you haven't give them a listen, you may like them.

Original - With Mos Def and a little Eminem sample.
YouTube - Bin laden - immortal technique,mos def,eminem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzSzl2oDHI)

Remix - With KRS-One
YouTube - Immortal Technique - Bin Laden Remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNkupmePvA)

Yeah listened to them both before;

One of my Fav's is 'Point of no return'

Ohh & GG on GOW2 the other day; i just knew i recognised you from this site, haha. :p

SoleAssassin
08-16-2009, 03:31 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WdPfrG1QL._SS350_.jpg

Buy this! Best album of the year, so far.

martdude16
08-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Ohh & GG on GOW2 the other day; i just knew i recognised you from this site, haha. :p

Yep, shame my team got mauled. That was the worst game I had played in while. I ended with like 4 kills 8 deaths, even my mate who has only just started playing Gears beat me..... :(

I'm not really interested in Joe Budden (Better than Method Man? Hell no), Joell Ortiz or Crooked I. However, Royce Da 5'9" may just tempt me to pick it up somewhere. I've bought about 7 albums in the last week off of eBay, including 'Lupe Fiasco's The Cool', absolutely amazing album. So i'll have a look round on there later.

agentplatypus
08-16-2009, 07:40 AM
YouTube - Virtuoso Ft. Slaine - Fahrenheit 911
Mad dope track

HooDLuM
08-16-2009, 07:55 AM
This Pitbull Remixxx is the Shizzzznit
>>

YouTube - Pitbull - Hotel Room (Enix Remix 2009)

"X"
08-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Yep, shame my team got mauled. That was the worst game I had played in while. I ended with like 4 kills 8 deaths, even my mate who has only just started playing Gears beat me..... :(

I'm not really interested in Joe Budden (Better than Method Man? Hell no), Joell Ortiz or Crooked I. However, Royce Da 5'9" may just tempt me to pick it up somewhere. I've bought about 7 albums in the last week off of eBay, including 'Lupe Fiasco's The Cool', absolutely amazing album. So i'll have a look round on there later.

lol i was seriously anti joe buddens when he was beefing with meth. But now that they both have agreed to dead it, (after joe got punched in the eye by one of rae's body guards lol) i can listen to joey without thinking about how loud of a mouth he has. He just released an mixtape called escape route (very nice cd). and for those that are not familiar with joe as of late he's not the same "pump it up" mainstream, corporate, puppet anymore. He has seen the light.

Sounds like you need to turn off that radio comrade, i would show you some real hip hop but it seems like you already got your mind set on hating it.

PureTechniquex
08-16-2009, 02:12 PM
YouTube - Virtuoso Ft. Slaine - Fahrenheit 911 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9bZYAz-WA)
Mad dope track

Dam i've never heard of that guy, but im loving the raw beats & lyrics...

Subscribed & favourited from me. ;)

SoleAssassin
08-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Joey's Escape Route is dope. Better than Padded Room. I dig his music, but dude gots a loud mouth. Almost attention whore status like The Lame (Game.)

How can anyone not like Crooked I? Dude brings heat on tracks. A damn good West Coast MC.

DerBroodwich402
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM

OH yea that CD is defiantly in the album of the year category. Crooked I is amazing. Joe Budden just needs to keep his mouth shut. Royce is a legend. And honestly never heard of Joell before this but he's good as well. 9.5/10 in my opinion.

agentplatypus
08-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Dam i've never heard of that guy, but im loving the raw beats & lyrics...

Subscribed & favourited from me. ;)

Yea man virtuoso is a beast. You like Immortal Tech right? I assume you have heard of Diabolic then? He is too dope.

IIIIIIBXIIIIII
08-17-2009, 05:04 AM

this is totally off topic but dude that quote in your sig is epic what is it from (movie,tv show?)

monkeyhappy
08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Just listening to some DOOM, I don't believe some of it, he could spit absolute shit and it would sound amazing, seriously he could make a list of ingredients sound smooth and ear pleasing. The way the words he chooses to use flow so well and the vocal rhythm is just second to none. Then there is the beats.. oh my..

Makes me proud to be English and born January 9th.

Gavin TTC956GP
08-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Behind The Scenes With 50 & Wayne (http://www.rapbasement.com/50-cent/081809-50-cent-and-lil-wayne-will-be-on-vh1s-behind-the-music.html)

50 Cent will team up with Lil Wayne, well kinda. The two rappers will be featured on an upcoming VH1 "Behind The Music" special which will serve as a re-launch of the infamous series that gives fans in-depth looks into their music role models like the G-Unit and Young Money/Cash Money bosses. First up will be Lil Wayne while 50 Cent will appear around a month later.

Weezy F. Baby will be profiled on the show's debut return on VH1 on September 10th at 9pm ET/PT while according to Interscope's website (50 Cent's current label), 50 Cent will follow suit a month later as he will be profiled on the October 13th episode airing at 8pm ET/PT. 50 Cent's episode is rumored to coincide with the release date of his highly anticipated album "Before I Self Destruct."

Update: Lil Wayne's Tour Must Go On (http://www.rapbasement.com/lil-wayne/081809-lil-waynes-camp-issues-statement-on-canceled-canada-shows.html)

With the cancellation of this week's Canada shows for Lil Wayne and his Young Money's "Americas Most Wanted" tour, Lil Wayne's camp has issued a statement on the situation confirming that the stops were canceled due to his illness. According to Lil Wayne's camp, the tour will continue this Thursday (August 20th) in Denver, Colorado.

"Lil Wayne, due to illness, was advised by his doctors to cancel the Young Money Presents: America's Most Wanted Music Festival tour stops in Western Canada. The tour, headlined by Lil Wayne featuring Young Jeezy, Soulja Boy, Pleasure P and Jeremih, was scheduled to come through Vancouver and Edmonton on August 17th and 18th. Wayne, his band and crew arrived in Canada with full intention of performing but were forced to cancel the dates due to doctor-mandated rest. Young Money Presents America's Most Wanted Music Festival will continue their tour routing as planned and extends an apology to the fans for the cancellation."

Gavin TTC956GP
08-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Ruff Ryder CEO Says DMX Coming First

Waah, the Ruff Ryders CEO, recently talked about how he plans to reunite DMX, EVE, The LOX, Swizz Beatz, better known as the Ruff Ryders. Wahh says that Ruff Ryder fans can expect tours and albums from the entire family heading into this next year. Saying that Jadakiss' "Who's Real" collaboration really sparked the public talks of a reunion, Waah also announced plans to launch an E1 Music-like company in the near future.

"This song is created from energy," Waah said in an interview. "Who's real? Who's fake? And we were really just looking for something to really go in to, it really started from promoting Kiss and his song. It really started with his song and everybody wanted to get on the remix -- We all still together, with success what happens is you're grinding -- as they get older, everybody wants to do their own thing for a little bit, so we had to let everybody breathe, go and do their own businesses -- now everybody got a feel to be their own boss...The [next] steps is we gonna be putting out a lot of singles -- we gonna be doing a lot of promo tours and then we gonna go into the new year and we gonna start dropping albums. We gonna work on dropping X's album, Drag-On, Eve which will be the first, second and fourth...Then we got an independent project, we gonna be like our own Koch, our own Ruff Ryder Inc where we show a lot of up-and-coming artists production companies how to be their own boss."

Fab Talks Ne-Yo Collab Album & Acting

With his new "Loso's Way" album doing well on the charts, New York rapper Fabolous recently talked about surviving in today's music industry's global sales slump and even talked about plans for a new Ne-Yo collaboration album. Beyond music, Fabolous thinks that he has a future as a career actor in the future.

"I love making albums," F-a-b-o said in an interview. "My last project came out two years ago, so I kinda want to return to making more music rather than...I would love to dip my feet in the pool of acting, but I want to get it in musically as well. The sales thing and the slump of the music industry doesn't change my hunger or my spirit towards making music... I'm looking to do a project later in the year with Ne-Yo which would be kinda like a Best of Both Worlds project that we've been talking about putting together. Musically, I just want to grow in that way, and of course introduce some new talented guys that I've been working with, Street Family, Freck Billionaire, Red Cafe, Paul Cain. And just grow musically as well. I feel like it's my time, I feel like I put in a lot of legwork to get where I am. There's not too many artists in general that have gone that long and are able to still be relevant. There's a lot of people who put out albums, I don't know if it's a lot of people that have that anticipation, and that's the key thing, building that anticipation where people actually want to hear what you have to say."

Bow Wow Says He's Not Doing It Cuz Its Hot

Bow Wow wants everyone to know that he didn't sign with Cash Money, including Lil Wayne, Baby and Young Money because it's the hottest thing right now. In an open letter to his fans, Bow Wow spoke on Weezy and Baby and even promised his relationship with his former boss Jermaine Dupri has not been effected at all.

"To the naysayers, I hope that you give me the opportunity to earn your respect," he wrote Tuesday (August 18) night. "I know that over the years I've put many of my faults on display which I make no excuses for. I'm young and I've made mistakes and I will make more. No different than any other 22 year old, I still have some growing up to do...To anyone who's confused or says I don't belong in Cash Money. Let me remind you that I've been down with Baby, Slim, Wayne and the whole Cash Money family from the beginning. 10 years ago when we really were 'Lil' me and Wayne did a song for the Hardball movie soundtrack. Baby was influential in my third album. Last year, Wayne and I spent 2 months together in New Orleans filming Hurricane Season. So please don't be misinformed and think I'm just jumpin' on 'what's hot' or trying to ride others success. This has been my extended family for more than a decade...And since everyone is asking, me and JD are cool! Nothing has or will change. He'll always be that father figure that I never had and we'll continue to make hits."

Death Row Gets Into Movie Business

It looks like the new Death Row Records plans to get into the movie industry by launching Death Row Films for the release of their upcoming "Sons 2 the Grave" project. With filming for the project isn't set to begin until October, the movie will star Tonya Lee Williams and Dorian Harewood. Death Row CEO Lara Lavi recently expressed her aim with the new movie venture and spoke about the film.

"This film embodies what we're trying to do with Death Row, to tell human stories that don't always have happy endings, and that allow us to learn from violence and disenfranchised lives, but not glorify it," she said in an interview. "We're looking at film properties that relate to Boyz n the Hood-type stories, and to power the films with Death Row music."

KFZ Scrubs
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Just a reminder to people on why i hate soldier boy.....
YouTube - 09 - Soulja Boy - Hey You There - iSouljaBoyTellEm
This is why rap is dead..... thank you soldier boy.

McKaystyles
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
i said a hip, a hop a hippity hop hop! a shoom wun boogie and a hippity hop!

Gavin TTC956GP
08-21-2009, 06:48 AM
i said a hip, a hop a hippity hop hop! a shoom wun boogie and a hippity hop!

Ha ha ha :p

martdude16
08-21-2009, 07:58 AM
YouTube - 09 - Soulja Boy - Hey You There - iSouljaBoyTellEm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXS72fDzbc)

4 and a half star rating! WTF?!?

KFZ Scrubs
08-21-2009, 03:13 PM
4 and a half star rating! WTF?!?
That's what i thought....wtf.
So this is what rap has come too?
A song about a fat police man calling for souja boy by saying "Hey You there" followed by unrelated stupid shit.

agentplatypus
08-24-2009, 01:43 AM
YouTube - 09 - Soulja Boy - Hey You There - iSouljaBoyTellEm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXS72fDzbc)

Rap is far from dead, you're just looking in the wrong places.

Gavin TTC956GP
08-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Agreed, that song was terrible, but to say "RAP" as a whole is dead???
It's like saying, Transformers 2 was such a huge failure, that I'm never gonna watch another Sci Fi or CGI based movie EVER AGAIN, u cannot generalise!

Jimmy Hapa
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM

YouTube - Jurassic 5 - Quality Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4iDM09oRE)

Wow, this video takes me back. I remember that this music video was included in an old Official Dreamcast Magazine demo. I think it was to promote Jet Set Radio, in which one of Jurassic 5's songs appeared in for the U.S. release.

Gavin TTC956GP
08-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Eminem collabs with Lil Wayne, Drake and Kanye West on song "Forever" (http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/082609-eminem-collabs-with-lil-wayne-drake-kanye-west-song-forever.html)

It's official EMINEM and LIL WAYNE are on a song together called "Forever". With talks for the past couple years of Wayne wanting to work with the recluse Eminem started hitting the net. Well it's finally here, it was confirmed today by Young Money's Mack Maine that there is an upcomming song featuring Eminem, Lil Wayne, Kanye West and hot new Canadian rapper Drake.

The song will appear on the upcomming Lebron James More Than a Game Documentary and was produced by Boi-1da. The song "Forever" originally was a unreleased Cash Money track produced by Boi-1da featuring Drake and Lil Wayne and hit the web last May.
While Friday has been the speculated date for its release, the record will indeed surface sometime this week. One thing that is set in stone, however, is the quality."The record was mastered this past weekend and honestly it sounds better than ever," said Young Money President Mack Maine..

agentplatypus
08-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Eminem collabs with Lil Wayne, Drake and Kanye West on song "Forever" (http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/082609-eminem-collabs-with-lil-wayne-drake-kanye-west-song-forever.html)

It's official EMINEM and LIL WAYNE are on a song together called "Forever". With talks for the past couple years of Wayne wanting to work with the recluse Eminem started hitting the net. Well it's finally here, it was confirmed today by Young Money's Mack Maine that there is an upcomming song featuring Eminem, Lil Wayne, Kanye West and hot new Canadian rapper Drake.

The song will appear on the upcomming Lebron James More Than a Game Documentary and was produced by Boi-1da. The song "Forever" originally was a unreleased Cash Money track produced by Boi-1da featuring Drake and Lil Wayne and hit the web last May.While Friday has been the speculated date for its release, the record will indeed surface sometime this week. One thing that is set in stone, however, is the quality."The record was mastered this past weekend and honestly it sounds better than ever," said Young Money President Mack Maine..

Damn Em fell off hard.

I'm currently listening to Virtuoso still, he is too dope. I hear he has a new album (World War III) dropping soon.

YouTube - VIRTUOSO - GOD OF THUNDER (PROD BY PANIK)
YouTube - Virtuoso - Omnipotence (album version)

Soulflyy
08-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech N9ne one of the best underground rappers by far

YouTube - Tech N9ne - Red Nose Official Music Video

YouTube - Tech N9ne Sickology 101 Ft Crooked I & Chino XL

YouTube - Tech N9ne - Dysfunctional

x400C
08-27-2009, 05:41 PM

The song will appear on the upcomming Lebron James More Than a Game Documentary and was produced by Boi-1da. The song "Forever" originally was a unreleased Cash Money track produced by Boi-1da featuring Drake and Lil Wayne and hit the web last May.
While Friday has been the speculated date for its release, the record will indeed surface sometime this week. One thing that is set in stone, however, is the quality."The record was mastered this past weekend and honestly it sounds better than ever," said Young Money President Mack Maine..

i just heard it this morning. i think its pretty dope.

YouTube - Drake - Forever featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem

ThaFireman
08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Damn Em fell off hard.
You could not be more wrong.

That song is really dope, but Em makes the rest of them sound absolutely horrible.

Xerofox
08-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech N9ne one of the best underground rappers by far

I saw him last Sunday in Amsterdam, his show really rocked. The cool thing about him is that he gives a shit about his fans, he takes time to talk to them and he even invited me and my friends to hang out with him in a bar if we knew some good places. Too bad 2 of us had to work the next day.

btw, Red Nose is an awesome track.

SoleAssassin
08-28-2009, 04:56 AM
You could not be more wrong.

That song is really dope, but Em makes the rest of them sound absolutely horrible.

They're already horrible.

I can't stand those 3. Kanye was good his first 2 albums out. Now he sucks ass.

SoleAssassin
08-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Also, check out that new Raekwon video for his new track, "House of Flying Daggers." Sick animation video.

"X"
08-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Also, check out that new Raekwon video for his new track, "House of Flying Daggers." Sick animation video.

:drunk, seen it a few days ago. Its indeed one crazy video.

Rae's "Cuban Revolution" mixtape is well put together also.

agentplatypus
08-28-2009, 07:08 AM
I saw him last Sunday in Amsterdam, his show really rocked. The cool thing about him is that he gives a shit about his fans, he takes time to talk to them and he even invited me and my friends to hang out with him in a bar if we knew some good places. Too bad 2 of us had to work the next day.

im going to see him in about a month. can't wait.

Diabolic

YouTube - Diabolic - Stomping Grounds
YouTube - DIABOLIC - I Don't Wanna Rhyme (Prod. by Engineer)
YouTube - Diabolic - Dissin the Industry

Gavin TTC956GP
08-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Sup guyz,
Anyone listen to Em's mixtape, "Eminem - The Man Not The Myth"?
Some pretty good music in here, and also features some tracks from Relapse(released earlier this year).
Apparently, also in the interview, he's releasing Relapse 2 later THIS YEAR,
He says he's already got most of the tracks already completed for the album.....

Soulflyy
08-28-2009, 12:26 PM

Haha Sweet he also has a sick flow

Gavin TTC956GP
08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Jay-Z Plans To Hit The Big Screen (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/082809-jay-z-talks-about-his-plans-to-be-in-an-upcoming-movie.html)

Well The Game and 50 Cent won't be the only rappers to turn actors as news of Jay-Z heading towards the big screen recently broke. Jigga explains why he's been so careful about his move into Hollywood, saying that his goal is to have a hand in multiple movie projects so he is around for the long term.

"I do, I do," Hov said about making his run in Hollywood. "I'm taking my time. It may seem like it's taking forever, but when I do, it's gonna be something added to the genre. I just don't wanna do a couple movies and be gone. I want it to be something that's really important, so I'm taking my time with it. Hopefully when I arrive [in Hollywood], I can leave a footprint."

23 Fans Arrested At Lil Wayne Concert (http://www.rapbasement.com/lil-wayne/082809-twenty-three-fans-were-arrested-at-a-lil-wayne-concert.html)

Lil Wayne's current tour, which includes sets by Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy, hit up New York last night and ran into a little trouble. The show, at Darien Lake Theme Park, saw twenty-three people arrested including a 16-year-old boy who was charged with trespassing for jumping over a fence to get into the venue.

Nine concert-goers were arrested on marijuana charges while a ten year-old was busted on possession of alcohol. A 23 year-old was busted for hitting a female fan and injuring a security gaurd while a 26 year-old was arrested for disorderly conduct and swearing in public.

Yayo Forgives Buck; Ignores The Game (http://www.rapbasement.com/tony-yayo/082809-g-unit-member-tony-yayo-says-he-forgives-young-buck-but-not-the-game.html)

G-Unit member Tony Yayo recently spoke about former members Young Buck and The Game. In a new interview he explained why he decided to ignore The Game's recent apology using his past "G-Unit" statements as examples.

First Yayo talked about Young Buck. "I accept that apology," Yayo said in an interview. "I ain't even mad at the n*gga no more because what that is to me is the n*gga's suffering. He can take it whatever which way he wants but to me, he's hurt. He's hurting, you not doing no shows number one, you don't got no mixtapes out number two, you don't got no deal number three, you don't have no Internet presence number four and you don't have no mixtape presence -- ever since he squared away from the Unit it's been his downfall. Now the apology from Game, I'm not accepting. He's gonna change it up every five minutes. So I don't listen to nothing that clown says."

v SnOwMaN v
08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Well main thing for me in rap/hip hop is the waiting of Young Jeezy's 4th studio album entitled:

Thug Motivation 103

Can't wait for this to release. One of my major favorite artist.

Also Tech N9ne is an animal on the mic.

SoleAssassin
09-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Jay's BP3 is a crap album. I only liked 1/2 of the CD.

Rae's OB4CL2, I'm only 4 tracks deep and it shits on Jay's.

KFZ Scrubs
09-02-2009, 02:35 AM
I don't give a shit what people think of Eminem... he's one of the best rappers i've ever heard.

Tussell
09-02-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't give a shit what people think of Eminem... he's one of the best rappers i've ever heard.
He's also the best-selling hip-hop artist of all time. His album 'Marshall Mathers LP' is the fastest selling hip-hop album in history. Eminem has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide and is the best selling music act of the decade.

I don't think many other people disagree...

KSizzle
09-02-2009, 04:59 AM
I haven't bought a rap album in awhile but earlier tonight I was browsing at Best Buy and I picked up Digi Snacks: RZA as Bobby Digital. This record is amazing. RZA was always my favorite member of Wu-Tang. He is a lyrical genius. I'd highly recommend this album if you dig REAL hip hop and not some of that garbage I see out today.

KFZ Scrubs
09-02-2009, 09:22 AM
He's also the best-selling hip-hop artist of all time. His album 'Marshall Mathers LP' is the fastest selling hip-hop album in history. Eminem has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide and is the best selling music act of the decade.

I don't think many other people disagree...
Alright... that's what i thought!
I just finished yelling at some dumb fuck who said that Eminem was the worst rapper he ever heard and that Soulja Boy was 10 times better than him.
I wouldn't yell at him if i knew he wasn't serious..... but he was.

Waggaz
09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Im really getting into Nas and Young Jeezy now, is anyone else into them?

SoleAssassin
09-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Im really getting into Nas and Young Jeezy now, is anyone else into them?

Peep the avi.

Nas the GOAT. True story.

x400C
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Just found out from a friend that the classic June 27 (DJ Screw) and more recent November 18th (Drake) beat is actually from Kris Kross' "Da Streets Ain't Right". crazy.

YouTube - Kris Kross - Da Streets Ain`t Right (original June 27th beat)1996

and for those too young to remember Kris Kross, they were these kids that started one of the worst fashion statements ever.

YouTube - KRIS KROSS Jump

ha ha. that was the jam back in 2nd grade.

ThaFireman
09-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Alright... that's what i thought!
I just finished yelling at some dumb fuck who said that Eminem was the worst rapper he ever heard and that Soulja Boy was 10 times better than him.
I wouldn't yell at him if i knew he wasn't serious..... but he was.
How did you talk sense to a crazy person? :D

And about Forever, Lil Wayne hasn't been good since Carter 3 (If you're opinion isn't nice, shut it), Kanye hasn't really ever been anything ground breaking, but good nonetheless and Drake is really damn good.

SoleAssassin
09-03-2009, 02:33 AM
That track, I couldn't wait until Em's verse came on )only reason I checked for it.) That was the most grueling 4 minutes of waiting. Drake jacked Weezy's flow on that track. I can't stand his voice. He's a terrible rapper who needs to stick to RNB.

Turn Off The Radio!

Anyone into DP? They're fuckin' dope.

v SnOwMaN v
09-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Jay's BP3 is a crap album. I only liked 1/2 of the CD.

Rae's OB4CL2, I'm only 4 tracks deep and it shits on Jay's.

Best laugh I had all day. That album is good. Heard it yesterday.

Kutlapje
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. II = Album of the year.

SoleAssassin
09-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Best laugh I had all day. That album is good. Heard it yesterday.

It's one of his worst albums ever made. Has no replay value as a whole.

ThaFireman
09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
The Blueprint 3 is fuckin' fantastic. Cannot stop listening to it.

v SnOwMaN v
09-04-2009, 01:23 AM
It's one of his worst albums ever made. Has no replay value as a whole.

HAHAHA.........Your killing me.

SoleAssassin
09-04-2009, 03:25 AM
To each his own.

Reasonable Doubt >>>

"X"
09-04-2009, 05:13 AM
That track, I couldn't wait until Em's verse came on )only reason I checked for it.) That was the most grueling 4 minutes of waiting. Drake jacked Weezy's flow on that track. I can't stand his voice. He's a terrible rapper who needs to stick to RNB.

Turn Off The Radio!

Anyone into DP? They're fuckin' dope.

If by DP you mean, Dead Prez. (i assume that cause of the "turn off the radio" sentence above.)

They're my fav. :woop:

These are the times
F*** the police
we need a revolution
food clothes and shelter (the original version)
W4
root of all evil

are a few of my favs.

if you didn't know "pulse of the people" dropped about a month ago, and "information age" comes out SOON!! i can't wait....

too those with last.fm feel free to add me if you want.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEntity_

Kutlapje
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
HAHAHA.........Your killing me.

I downloaded the new Jay-Z album and listened to it a few times, but there's only a few tracks that I like. The new Raekwon album however has 22 tracks on it and none of them are skipper material, all of 'em are nice tracks. You should try and download the album, it's wayyyyyyyyy better than Blueprint III and my favorite rap album of the year without a doubt.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as it comes out.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Raekwon-OnlyBuilt4CubanLinxIICover.jpg

SoleAssassin
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
If by DP you mean, Dead Prez. (i assume that cause of the "turn off the radio" sentence above.)

They're my fav. :woop:

These are the times
F*** the police
we need a revolution
food clothes and shelter (the original version)
W4
root of all evil

are a few of my favs.

if you didn't know "pulse of the people" dropped about a month ago, and "information age" comes out SOON!! i can't wait....

too those with last.fm feel free to add me if you want.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEntity_

Yezzir. TOTR3 is dope. A lot of good tracks. "Gangsta, Gangsta" and "Stimulus Plan" are my tracks. My favorite track is from them is the Rock version of "Hell Yeah."

"X"
09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I didn't like BP3 either, it sounded like a album full of radio singles. corny hooks, cheesy futuristic beats, the absences of jiggas nonchalant flow. I don't want these on a jay-z album. Sadly, "Life and times of shawn carter vol. 3" remains my fav.

BP3 did help me finally convince my cousin that Mos Def is better then Jigga. The Estastic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. BP3

I woudln't give ob4cl2 album of the year yet without hearing nas and damian marley's album :woop:

YouTube - Damian Marley feat Nas - Road to Zion

:eek: @ how popular its getting.

SoleAssassin
09-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Nas the GOAT.

You'll be reading that a lot from me. Haha.

Soulflyy
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Jay Z Back in the day love this tune

YouTube - JAY Z FEAT BEANIE SIGEL & SCARFACE THIS CAN'T BE LIFE

ThaFireman
09-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Check out the new Jay-Z commercial. Pretty damn badass.

YouTube - Jay-Z Rhapsody Commercial HD

BP3 is becoming one of my favorite albums.

DerBroodwich402
09-06-2009, 12:51 AM
YouTube - BK-One - Here I Am feat. Phonte, Brother Ali & The Grouch

This song is straight fire

ThaFireman
09-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Drip, drip, drip...

Kid Cudi's new album is pretty good so far.

"X"
09-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Drip, drip, drip...

Kid Cudi's new album is pretty good so far.

I listened to the first 4 tracks, don't know what to think of it yet.

A few people i know said it was boring and depressing. I'll have to thoroughly listen to it sometime this week, i like mood music.

ThaFireman
09-07-2009, 05:20 AM
A few people i know said it was boring and depressing. I'll have to thoroughly listen to it sometime this week, i like mood music.
The singles of the album are not even close to comparing to the rest of the album. The singles are really out of place.

Gavin TTC956GP
09-07-2009, 08:58 AM
T-Pain Shows How Easily Replaceable He Is

T-Pain not only isn't dropping Auto-Tune, he's cashing in on the popular voice-changing equipment. Earlier this year a story broke that T-Pain was planning to release a new Auto-Tune themed iPhone application and now you can check out exactly what it is. The company responsible for making the application recently gave a demonstration on how to use the new app.

The new application, called "I Am T-Pain," allows users to change their voice using the Auto-Tune software and record songs along side T-Pain using his songs and lyrics. Fans are able to use their own custom settings to record their versions of Pain's songs, or their own new songs, and send them to friends or post them on their Facebook and MySpace profiles. "I Am T-Pain" hits the iTunes app store today starting at $2.99.

50 Cent Defends Soulja Boy Tell Em

Last month Soulja Boy surprised the crowd when he brought out 50 Cent during a West Coast stop on the "Americas Most Wanted" tour that also includes Young Jeezy and Lil Wayne. Although the audience loved it, fans who read and watched it online were curious why 50 would hook up with Soulja Boy. Well now the G-Unit general has come forward to defend Soulja Boy. "Iíd understand to not like the guy whoís a one-hit wonder. But heís had two #1 records off his follow up album. As an actual artist, people may criticize him at different points.. like the first song, cuz of what kind of hit it was. I thought it was exciting the concept of a 16 year old kid writing, producing, and having his friends around him, creating a dance."

50 went on to say that Soulja Boy's popularity even reached Eminem's house. "I was at Emís house. He has a basketball court that doubles as [daughter] Hailieís dance studio. That dance studio has the hardwood floors. I watched the kids do the Soulja Boy dance to the song. Theyíre into organized dancing. That was something they were into. Theyíre a world way from where Soulja Boy comes from. But itís translating and itís actually a hit record and he continues to make hit records that work."

Soulja Boy Working On Kanye's New Album

Soulja Boy is gaining not only respect from other artists but spots on their albums. In a new interview, Soulja Boy revealed that he is currently working with Kanye West for his new album. According to Soulja Boy, the two producers will exchange beats for their new solo projects. "I'm working on Kanye's next album right now," Soulja Boy revealed in an interview. "We working together on production because he makes beats and I make beats. Right now Iím remixing a couple of records for him. I'm actually working on Kanye's album while heís working on my album."

In related news, Soulja Boy Tell Em recently said that he would most likely produce a record with Kanye West. "I know a million producers that are no-names, but they got hot beats," he said in an interview. "I will be going back in the lab to produce beats on this album, I really haven't produced since my second album, but I'm looking forward to doing a 50/50 split beat with Kanye West. I think that'll be hot because he's a great lyricist, but an awesome producer as well. I feel like I'm an awesome producer too, and both of us in the studio together at the same time can come out with a smash."

SoleAssassin
09-09-2009, 02:10 AM
This thread fails to recognize the greatness of Big Pun and Big L.

R.I.P.

ThaFireman
09-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Soulja Boy Working On Kanye's New Album

Soulja Boy is gaining not only respect from other artists but spots on their albums. In a new interview, Soulja Boy revealed that he is currently working with Kanye West for his new album. According to Soulja Boy, the two producers will exchange beats for their new solo projects. "I'm working on Kanye's next album right now," Soulja Boy revealed in an interview. "We working together on production because he makes beats and I make beats. Right now Iím remixing a couple of records for him. I'm actually working on Kanye's album while heís working on my album."

In related news, Soulja Boy Tell Em recently said that he would most likely produce a record with Kanye West. "I know a million producers that are no-names, but they got hot beats," he said in an interview. "I will be going back in the lab to produce beats on this album, I really haven't produced since my second album, but I'm looking forward to doing a 50/50 split beat with Kanye West. I think that'll be hot because he's a great lyricist, but an awesome producer as well. I feel like I'm an awesome producer too, and both of us in the studio together at the same time can come out with a smash."
Soulja Boy should get a knife and run into it.

Soulflyy
09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
soulja boy should get a knife and run into it.

rofl..........

DStyles
09-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Soulja Boy should get a knife and run into it.
Soulja Boy is something new...

KFZ Scrubs
09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow.... i honestly don't know why people like souja boy.
I mean, yes, this is my opinion... but come on!!!!
He's not rapping, the only song that i found to be good was kiss you through the phone... that's it.
I mean, his Hey you there... what the fuck is that?
Is that what rap is, just rhyming for rhyming's sake, doesn't have to make sense as long as it rhymes?

agentplatypus
09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
YouTube - Jedi Mind Tricks - Serenity in Murder
YouTube - VIRTUOSO - MAN OF THE HOUR!

yarminKun
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
I put you up on the IV, not the Roman Numeral 4
But the IV that leads to the funeral floor
Wax gets melted; breaks bones, fractures pelvics
Speeds through space and cracks blast Astronaut helmets
Face it, motherfucker I can pay to get rid of you
I've got more heads in the hood than Pagan rituals
A new tyrannical force for you to fear
Known to kill and keep human ears as souvenirs

"X"
09-10-2009, 04:26 AM
This thread fails to recognize the greatness of Big Pun and Big L.

R.I.P.

true, and also Mos Def prob. my 2nd fav music artist of all time. (my fav is gil-scott heron).

I was about to change my gamertag to "Boogieman Mos" a couple of weeks ago lol.

YouTube - Mos Def Mathematics

Soulflyy
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I hate rappers today that just say " Oh well, he is doing his thing and making money" when it comes to these so called "rappers" (Lil Wayne the so called "best rapper alive", T-pain,Soulja Boy, Etc.). What happend to intelligence in rap music? Aleast we have rappers like this and underground artist to keep it alive.

YouTube - KRS-ONE & BUCKSHOT "ROBOT" MUSIC VIDEO

SoleAssassin
09-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I hate rappers today that just say " Oh well, he is doing his thing and making money" when it comes to these so called "rappers" (Lil Wayne the so called "best rapper alive", T-pain,Soulja Boy, Etc.). What happend to intelligence in rap music? Aleast we have rappers like this and underground artist to keep it alive.

YouTube - KRS-ONE & BUCKSHOT "ROBOT" MUSIC VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RqgDsO3c4)

That album leaked recently. Only scanned it but it sounds good.

And yes, Mos Def is dope. Fuckin' Black Star is perhaps the best duo in hip hop... ever.

Thieves in The Night >>>

DerBroodwich402
09-13-2009, 02:35 AM
I just stubbled upon this video/song not to long ago but it is ill
YouTube - Please

also if you haven't yet pick up raekwon's new cd its raw

Tron3g
09-14-2009, 05:06 AM
I have to agree with you on Mos and Black Star, I'm also a huge fan of any member of the clan with the exception of maybe U-God.

TwiztidChef
09-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Man the new Raewkon album is banging! love house of flying daggers and we will rob you. Didn't care for the new Jay-z(not a big fan anyway nothing he did compares to Reasonable Doubt), although his new Rhapsody commercial is cool. Isn't Dr. Dre finally supposed to drop detox soon? I need some good new rap. I love my underground shit(Necro, KMK, ICP and all their lablemates) but I wouldn't mind some more regular raps. Only new shit that doesn't disgust me with its terribleness is the new Eminem and Raekwon....

Edit: oh yeah, MF Doom is also the shit

TwiztidChef
09-15-2009, 02:18 AM
I have to agree with you on Mos and Black Star, I'm also a huge fan of any member of the clan with the exception of maybe U-God.

I agree, never have been a fan of U-God, or Cappadonna. I don't think he's officially a member anymore, or if he member was ever an "official" member of Wu-Tang.

"X"
09-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Anyone see Alicia Keys steal the show from jigga? Love that girl.

SoleAssassin
09-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Man the new Raewkon album is banging! love house of flying daggers and we will rob you. Didn't care for the new Jay-z(not a big fan anyway nothing he did compares to Reasonable Doubt), although his new Rhapsody commercial is cool. Isn't Dr. Dre finally supposed to drop detox soon? I need some good new rap. I love my underground shit(Necro, KMK, ICP and all their lablemates) but I wouldn't mind some more regular raps. Only new shit that doesn't disgust me with its terribleness is the new Eminem and Raekwon....

Edit: oh yeah, MF Doom is also the shit

I used to be all into CIP not as I grew older I grew out. Their new shit I just can't get into and I can't really listen to their old stuff anymore. I only really check for Twiztid nowadays.

ThaFireman
09-15-2009, 03:45 AM
The way Alicia Keys sings on "Empire State Of Mind" gives me chills. Amazing song.

TwiztidChef
09-15-2009, 04:48 AM
I used to be all into CIP not as I grew older I grew out. Their new shit I just can't get into and I can't really listen to their old stuff anymore. I only really check for Twiztid nowadays.

The new Twiztid is f'ing awesome. ICP isn't what they used to be(still love em though).I haven't listened to Bang Pow Boom yet, I'm waitin for a good chance to sit an listen to the whole thing, I've heard its good. ICP is coming to Hilton Head (half an hour from me), and I've never seen them live, I can't wait for that show.

"X"
09-15-2009, 05:27 AM
The way Alicia Keys sings on "Empire State Of Mind" gives me chills. Amazing song.
:drunk you and me both fireman

agentplatypus
09-19-2009, 05:06 AM
YouTube - Angry Mic - Know your enemy

Dope track.

DerBroodwich402
09-20-2009, 01:22 AM
That was a dope track ^^^^

This one is pretty good to but it is christian just so everyone knows before they watch but it has a good message in it as well

YouTube - Don't Waste Your Life Video - Lecrae

agentplatypus
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
That was a dope track ^^^^

This one is pretty good to but it is christian just so everyone knows before they watch but it has a good message in it as well

YouTube - Don't Waste Your Life Video - Lecrae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWEllqh5J0)

That dude has a mad nice flow. Great track.

More Angry Mic. This guy is so slept on.

YouTube - Angry Mic - Coldhands
YouTube - Angry Mic - Vessel

Gavin TTC956GP
09-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Jay-Z Says No One Is Scared Of 50 Cent

Jay-Z is currently overseas promoting his new "Blueprint 3" album, During an interview with the BBC's Trevor Nelson, Jigga was asked if Kanye West was picking his battles since he got on stage during Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the Video Music Awards to which HOV replied that Kanye would have gotten on stage even if 50 Cent was up there. Jay-Z goes on to make sure it's clear saying "I want everyone to be clear, no one is scared of 50 Cent."

In related news, Jay-Z also was interviewed by Andrew Marr during his overseas promotional trip Jigga also stopped by the "Jonathan Ross" show where he performed his new "Empire State Of Mind (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/092209-jay-z-says-no-one-is-scared-of-50-cent-when-talking-about-kanye-west-at-vmas.html)" single.

Details On Rihanna's New Album Leak

Details on Rihanna's comeback are now starting to leak online (can we call it a comeback? she never went anywhere). Justin Timberlake says that Rihanna is taking a more "grown-up" approach to her follow up to her "Good Girl Gone Bad" album from 2007. "The stuff we've come up with in the studio, it's the next step for her," Timeberlake said in an interview. "It's a little more grown-up. It's got some edge to it," he added.

In related news, Chase & Status, a pair of producers from London, recently talked about the records they have made for Rihanna. "When she doesn't like something she'll let you know," they explained. "When she likes something she'll let you know as well. On one track she came up with some cool melodies and cool ideas, the kind of vibe she wanted. This album for her is just about what she likes and what she's into and what she wants. If she's not into the vibe she'll be like, 'Nope, I don't think it's for me'. Or if something is a bit too bolshie, she's like, 'That's not what I'm trying to push right now.'"

Gavin TTC956GP
09-23-2009, 06:59 AM

Agreed! :drunk

jedi420j
09-23-2009, 07:35 AM
These two are doing an album, I'm looking forward to it.. think it's in October sometime..

YouTube - Del The Funky Homosapien & Tame 1- Flashback

Gavin TTC956GP
09-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Cool & Dre Talk Working With The Game

When it comes to working with The Game, not many producers are more experienced than the duo Cool & Dre. The hit producing team recently talked about working with Game on his upcoming "R.E.D." album saying they have recorded almost ten songs already with the California emcee. "Since we have that chemistry, I think a lot of producers could just crack 'I can't do nothin' right now! Like, listen to these beats!' and we'll knock out like three, four in one night, one session," Cool explained.

"The first day we went to L.A., we had already done a bunch of sh*t for him, and we're just playing 'em [and he's like] 'All right, I'm ready to go in the booth.' Boom, we knocked out like seven different ideas so me and Dre are like 'F*ck, we done let all of our arsenal off in this first night!' [laughs] Next day, [Game says] 'What else you got? Let's get it going!' We let off all our arsenal, he recorded to seven, eight records on the first night. Laid a verse, a hook here, two verses here, a whole song. I'm like, 'Yo Dre, he's recording to everything we did on the way up. D*mn, now we gotta start up some new sh*t with him.' Certain artists we just have that great chemistry with, man and Game is definitely one of 'em."

Rick Ross Robbed By 3 Groupies

It takes a lot of balls to jack an ex cop but it looks like three groupies did it. Reports are going around that Rick Ross was reportedly robbed by three women after a concert last June in Nashville, Tennessee. "Metro police are looking for party crashers at the downtown Hilton Hotel," a news report says. "They're suspected of stealing thousands of dollars worth of a rapper's personal belongings right out of his hotel room. The crime was caught on tape and the police need your help to identify the thieves...A call to Crime Stoppers can earn you lots of cash."

Now details of what exactly was stolen are hitting the net. Reports say that Rick Ross was seduced before he was robbed. According to CBS Channel 5 in Nashville, Ricky got over $60,000 worth of personal belongings including jewelry and a laptop jacked. The four sticky-fingered women then proceeded to do their best Set It Off impersonation, sans the guns and violence, by relieving Ricky of his items and making what they thought was a clean getaway. But cameras in the hotel have caught the suspects and now Crime Stoppers are looking for them. :uzi:

DStyles
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Jay-Z Says No One Is Scared Of 50 Cent

Jay-Z is currently overseas promoting his new "Blueprint 3" album, During an interview with the BBC's Trevor Nelson, Jigga was asked if Kanye West was picking his battles since he got on stage during Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the Video Music Awards to which HOV replied that Kanye would have gotten on stage even if 50 Cent was up there. Jay-Z goes on to make sure it's clear saying "I want everyone to be clear, no one is scared of 50 Cent."

In related news, Jay-Z also was interviewed by Andrew Marr during his overseas promotional trip Jigga also stopped by the "Jonathan Ross" show where he performed his new "Empire State Of Mind (http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/092209-jay-z-says-no-one-is-scared-of-50-cent-when-talking-about-kanye-west-at-vmas.html)" single.

Details On Rihanna's New Album Leak

Details on Rihanna's comeback are now starting to leak online (can we call it a comeback? she never went anywhere). Justin Timberlake says that Rihanna is taking a more "grown-up" approach to her follow up to her "Good Girl Gone Bad" album from 2007. "The stuff we've come up with in the studio, it's the next step for her," Timeberlake said in an interview. "It's a little more grown-up. It's got some edge to it," he added.

In related news, Chase & Status, a pair of producers from London, recently talked about the records they have made for Rihanna. "When she doesn't like something she'll let you know," they explained. "When she likes something she'll let you know as well. On one track she came up with some cool melodies and cool ideas, the kind of vibe she wanted. This album for her is just about what she likes and what she's into and what she wants. If she's not into the vibe she'll be like, 'Nope, I don't think it's for me'. Or if something is a bit too bolshie, she's like, 'That's not what I'm trying to push right now.'"
A Jay-Z vs 50 feud is what I want to see. I know Jay dissed 50 in the past but 50 wasn't even that big. 50 has pretty much destroyed anyone that has tried to come at him. On the other hand Jay-Z is no Ja Rule or Rick Ross.

TwiztidChef
09-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Oh bull shit, 50 don't kill anybody. He gets all his boys, from g-unit and occasionally eminem and then obsesses over talking smack about them constantly. He did mess Ja Rule up, but that's not really a big feat. He was massively popular during the early beefs so he won public support. None of his diss tracks were ever that spectacular. I did like How to Rob though, that was great.

He just whines about people. A truly destructive diss track? Hit 'Em Up, Ether, or Warning. Those were great, Piggy Bank? Sucked. Plus he just picked on people he didn't like and then kicked out his boys if they didn't agree with him. The Game was friends with Fat Joe so he refused to trash him, now he's gone. Young Buck got kicked to the curb too. Who's left? Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo and they suck more then 50.

TwiztidChef
09-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Rick Ross Robbed By 3 Groupies

It takes a lot of balls to jack an ex cop but it looks like three groupies did it. Reports are going around that Rick Ross was reportedly robbed by three women after a concert last June in Nashville, Tennessee. "Metro police are looking for party crashers at the downtown Hilton Hotel," a news report says. "They're suspected of stealing thousands of dollars worth of a rapper's personal belongings right out of his hotel room. The crime was caught on tape and the police need your help to identify the thieves...A call to Crime Stoppers can earn you lots of cash."

Now details of what exactly was stolen are hitting the net. Reports say that Rick Ross was seduced before he was robbed. According to CBS Channel 5 in Nashville, Ricky got over $60,000 worth of personal belongings including jewelry and a laptop jacked. The four sticky-fingered women then proceeded to do their best Set It Off impersonation, sans the guns and violence, by relieving Ricky of his items and making what they thought was a clean getaway. But cameras in the hotel have caught the suspects and now Crime Stoppers are looking for them. :uzi:

Hahahaha, I can't believe he's still around. First we found out this "drug lord" was a correctional officer, now he gets robbed by groupies? I never liked any of his albums, I did like Everyday I'm Hustling, at first. But that was it.

Side note: Props on the Del link I haven't heard anything new from him in years.

"X"
09-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Method Man Confirms Joint LP With Rae & Ghost :Bounce::woop::Bounce::woop:
got to add this to my waiting list.

redman is suppose to drop soon also

http://rapradar.com/2009/09/25/method-man-confirms-joint-lp-with-rae-ghost/

ThaFireman
09-30-2009, 02:55 AM
You're A Jerk by New Boyz

YouTube - New Boyz "You're A Jerk" OFFICIAL Music Video HD Extended / Uncensored *Skee.TV

What the fuck did I just listen to? How does something like this get 13 million views and KRS-One and Buckshot's "ROBOT" only gets 100k?

DakidJose
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh bull shit, 50 don't kill anybody. He gets all his boys, from g-unit and occasionally eminem and then obsesses over talking smack about them constantly. He did mess Ja Rule up, but that's not really a big feat. He was massively popular during the early beefs so he won public support. None of his diss tracks were ever that spectacular. I did like How to Rob though, that was great.

He just whines about people. A truly destructive diss track? Hit 'Em Up, Ether, or Warning. Those were great, Piggy Bank? Sucked. Plus he just picked on people he didn't like and then kicked out his boys if they didn't agree with him. The Game was friends with Fat Joe so he refused to trash him, now he's gone. Young Buck got kicked to the curb too. Who's left? Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo and they suck more then 50.

I agree with you except for that last line. Lloyd Banks is the most lyrical and talented person in the whole G-Unit. You should go listen to some of his mixtapes. He is dropping a double mixtape soon.

Anyways, have any of you been paying attention to the MTV's hottest MC list? So far, #10 Raekwon, #9 50 Cent, 8# Fabolous. I expected 50 to be a little bit higher because of his two good mixtapes he drooped.

Daiphyer.
09-30-2009, 04:49 PM

That's his advantage, he's got numbers. In most cases, Eminem himself is enough to destroy a guy's career.

DStyles
09-30-2009, 05:45 PM

He never called Em to any of his beefs. Em jumped on because Ja Rule mentioned his daughter. Eminem never dissed Game and he never jumped on the rick ross beef.

skatemore
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
MF DOOM, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, Public Enemy, NWA, Mos Def, Common, Jeru The Damaja, Tupac, The Roots,

/thread

McKaystyles
09-30-2009, 05:56 PM
They call me the Hiphopopotamus
Flows that glow like phosphorous
Poppin' off the top of this esophagus
Rockin' this metropolis
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal
Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?

My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment
I made all of the ladies in the area pregnant
Yes, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
But you lovely bitches and hoes should know I'm trying to correct this.

Other rappers dis me
Say my rhymes are sissy.
Why? Why? Why?
What?
Why exactly?
What? Why?
Be more constructive with your feedback, please.

TwiztidChef
09-30-2009, 06:45 PM
He never called Em to any of his beefs. Em jumped on because Ja Rule mentioned his daughter. Eminem never dissed Game and he never jumped on the rick ross beef.

I could have sworn he was involved in at least one song on another beef. 50's had so many, Game, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Ja Rule, he tried calling out Wu-Tang, I think he called out Young Buck after he left. Oh well I still think none of his diss tracks were any good, never anything that remarkable and really none of these beefs had any real legitimate reason to fight with someone, except for the Ja Rule one.

TwiztidChef
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
That's his advantage, he's got numbers. In most cases, Eminem himself is enough to destroy a guy's career.

Definitely agree with you. I'd like to see the old school friendly face offs again. Where is was just trying to out do each other but at the end of the day everyone was still cool with one another. Eminem Vs. Nas would be epic.

I agree with you except for that last line. Lloyd Banks is the most lyrical and talented person in the whole G-Unit. You should go listen to some of his mixtapes. He is dropping a double mixtape soon.

I just never liked his voice or flow. He has had some good lyrics but I just never liked his flow or style. My favorite member was always Young Buck, I'm from and live in the south, so dirty south rap is something I'm used to. He was never the best lyricist I just liked him.

On a side not, The Game ripped it the F up on 100 bars and running, it was something like 10 minutes of straight flowing over the old Deep Cover song from Dr. Dre. Great song if any of you have never heard it.

Daiphyer.
09-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Definitely agree with you. I'd like to see the old school friendly face offs again. Where is was just trying to out do each other but at the end of the day everyone was still cool with one another. Eminem Vs. Nas would be epic.

The only Friendly beef I remember is Nas Vs. Jay-Z, although it didn't look friendly at first, but the ending was epic when they performed together.
Eminem was never involved in a friendly face off when he went into aftermath, well at least as long as I remember.

TwiztidChef
09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
The only Friendly beef I remember is Nas Vs. Jay-Z, although it didn't look friendly at first, but the ending was epic when they performed together.
Eminem was never involved in a friendly face off when he went into aftermath, well at least as long as I remember.

I mean way back in the day, before gangsta rap took off. Artists would battle without conflict later. I mean way back in the Kurtis Blow, Boogie Down Productions, and other classic old school days.

Daiphyer.
09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Oh yea, freestyling battles, those are awesome. It is still going on, in underground rap, but it ain't as good as before, now that a 13 years old claims he can rap.

TwiztidChef
09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
The scene of rap changed once gangsta rap hit. Now rap is mostly gangsta rap, Hip Hop is now pop or dance rap, then you have the geeky (I love it though) "backpack rap". The gangsta rappers don't take too kindly to being insulted and can't stand to lose at anything so they or somebody from the entourage is attacked/or attacks somebody physically. As much as I love gangsta tales, it has changed the landscape for the worse in the long run.

There have been plenty of talented gangsta rappers, too many to name, but they lead to people liking other rappers because of there rap sheet, not talent. Gucci Mane, Plies and other shit like them being a prime example.(though I do love Young Jeezy). Then you have people like X-raided, he's not that popular, but he is known. All of his albums are recorded over the phone because he's serving a life sentence for robbing and killing a mother of 2.

DStyles
09-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I could have sworn he was involved in at least one song on another beef. 50's had so many, Game, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Ja Rule, he tried calling out Wu-Tang, I think he called out Young Buck after he left. Oh well I still think none of his diss tracks were any good, never anything that remarkable and really none of these beefs had any real legitimate reason to fight with someone, except for the Ja Rule one.
Alot a people say Ether was better than Takeover or Super Ugly because it was more lyrical but if you think about it, both of Jay's songs had facts. That's what 50 does. He mostly drops facts.

SoleAssassin
09-30-2009, 11:57 PM

Jay/Nas was never friendly. You been living under a rock dude? Jay talked about boning Nas' baby's mama and leaving condoms in the car seat. Nas won it, though.

Alot a people say Ether was better than Takeover or Super Ugly because it was more lyrical but if you think about it, both of Jay's songs had facts. That's what 50 does. He mostly drops facts.

Nas laid down facts, too. Super Ugly was the only track that went hard. Takeover was soft.

"First, Biggie's ya man, then you got the nerve to say that you better than Big
Dick sucking lips, why not you let the late, great veteran live"

And the 3rd verse merked him:

"Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly
In '88 you was getting chased through your building
Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the god
Wearing Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
Just Hawaiian shirts, hanging with little Chase
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?
Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though
That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow
Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?
Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy
Rockefeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter
And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?
Put it together, I rock hoes, y'all rock fellas
And now y'all try to take my spot, fellas?
Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas
Foxy got you hot 'cause you kept your face in her puss
What you think, you getting girls now 'cause of your looks?
Ne-gro please
You no mustache having, with whiskers like a rat
Compared to Beans you wack
And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame
You ass, went from Jaz to hanging with Caine, to Herb, to Big
And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit
You a dick-riding faggot, you love the attention
Queens niggas run you niggas, ask Russell Simmons
Ha, R-O-C get gunned up and clapped quick
J.J. Evans get gunned up and clapped quick
Your whole damn record label gunned up and clapped quick
Shawn Carter to Jay-Z, damn you on Jaz dick
So little shorty's getting gunned up and clapped quick
How much of Biggie's rhymes is gonna come out your fat lips?
Wanted to be on every last one of my classics
You pop shit, apologize, nigga, just ask Kiss."

Ether >>>>

Jay Camel Lost.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H7DcGbSSl5c/SZDLQDFGgZI/AAAAAAAAABY/PsI605QzR00/s320/camel+j-z+web.jpg

TwiztidChef
10-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Ether was waaaaaaaaaay better than takeover/super ugly. No comparison. One of the best, diss tracks ever. Only one I like more is hit em up, and thats just because it was a 2pac song, that I like it better.

DStyles
10-01-2009, 12:48 AM
"Youse the fag model for Karl Kani/Esco ads
Went from, Nasty Nas to Esco's trash
Had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage
Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all
to your bodyguard's "Oochie Wally" verse better than yours
Matter fact you had the worst flow on the whole fuckin song
but I know - the sun don't shine, then son don't shine"

"Nigga; you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad
You scribbled in your notepad and created your life
I showed you your first tec on tour with Large Professor
(Me, that's who!) Then I heard your album bout your tec on the dresser"

"You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five - smarten up Nas
Four albums in ten years nigga? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them shits was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average"

And of course I don't need to post super ugly. I'm not taking nothing away from Nas execpt this "W". We could sit here all day and argue, but at the end of the day it was a nice beef and who gives a fuck who really won because to this day they are sort of throwing subliminals to each other. Just listen to Black Republican and Success real closely.

Edit: This is making me want to go listen to Ether and Takeover.

TwiztidChef
10-01-2009, 04:13 AM
And of course I don't need to post super ugly. I'm not taking nothing away from Nas execpt this "W". We could sit here all day and argue, but at the end of the day it was a nice beef and who gives a fuck who really won because to this day they are sort of throwing subliminals to each other. Just listen to Black Republican and Success real closely.

Edit: This is making me want to go listen to Ether and Takeover.

Ok, point made. I think ether was the better song, but to be fair, if I remember Nas had like a year to write that song. Jay-z had a very short time to come back with takeover. Jay-z has never been my favorite rapper, but he does have my respect. Reasonable Doubt is one of the best rap albums ever, I think illmatic is much higher, but still Reasonable doubt is legendary.

New topic, since we have been debating legendary albums, what does everyone consider the best albums of rap?

I'll give my list, I'll do 90's and later, no disrespect to the old school, just a couple of years behind me.

top ten, no order:
1.) Illmatic - Nas
2.) Reasonable Doubt - Jay-z
3.) Enter the Wu-Tang, the 36 Chambers - Wu-Tang Clan
4.) Makaveli - 2pac
5.) Southerplayalisticadlliacmuzik -Outkast
6.) Soul Food - Goodie Mob
7.) The Chronic - Dr. Dre
8.) Marshal Mathers LP - Eminem
9.) NWA - Straight Outta Compton
10.) Three-6-Mafia - When the Smoke Clears(I know the lyrics don't match the others, but damn if I don't love these guys)

"X"
10-01-2009, 05:05 AM
i surprised no one mentioned Canibus. one of my fav. artists

YouTube - Canibus - Curriculum 101

DStyles
10-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Illmatic
Reasonable Doubt
GRODT
Marshall Mathers LP
Slim Shady LP
Eminem Show
Blueprint

Those are the ones in my head right and the ones I could listen to from start to finish w/o skipping any song.

Daiphyer.
10-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Jay/Nas was never friendly. You been living under a rock dude? Jay talked about boning Nas' baby's mama and leaving condoms in the car seat. Nas won it, though.

Didn't you read my post ? I said it didn't look friendly, but after they got the online poll results suddenly it stopped, and they both collaborated and performed together.

TwiztidChef
10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I wish they had gone through with what they proposed to happen. I believe it was Jay-Z who offered up 1 million dollars to have a freestyle battle between the 2. That would have been epic.

SoleAssassin
10-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Didn't you read my post ? I said it didn't look friendly, but after they got the online poll results suddenly it stopped, and they both collaborated and performed together.

I did. It never looked friendly. That beef was waiting to happen.

And if Jay/Nas would of had a freestyle battle, Jay would of took it. Nas isn't a freestyle rapper.

Daiphyer.
10-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I did. It never looked friendly. That beef was waiting to happen.

Yep but it was really suspicious because after the online poll results suddenly both rappers stopped.

x400C
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
i just bought GZA's "Liquid Swords" for $1 at this interesting shop. there is no one there, its just a big room with cds, dvds and books against the walls with a couple of shelves in the middle with more cds. everything there is a dollar and there is a box that you drop the money in for the shit you take. it was pretty cool.

Leak8
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I been skimming this thread, so-so.

Just thought I'd state rappers I dig.

Non Phixion
Ill Bill
Arsonists
Beastie Boys
Deltron aka Del
Aesop Rock
Cage(MOVIES FOR THE BLIND CAGE...none of his new crap)
Bone Thugs
Immort Tech.
Canibus

and everyone should listen too...

YouTube - Deltron 3030- Time Keeps On Slipping

I can't remember how to post the video...lame.

SoleAssassin
10-03-2009, 12:15 AM
i just bought GZA's "Liquid Swords" for $1 at this interesting shop. there is no one there, its just a big room with cds, dvds and books against the walls with a couple of shelves in the middle with more cds. everything there is a dollar and there is a box that you drop the money in for the shit you take. it was pretty cool.

Damn, that's a good find. That album is one of Wu's GOATs.

4th Chamber >>>

Rebmob
10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
What does everyone think of one of this years new rappers Drake? He is signed to Lil Waynes record label Cash Money.

I hate Lil Wayne (IMO) but Drake is awsome. His first album comes out on Valentines day next year. His EP album/mixtape is out now for free it's titled "So Far Gone".

Respect my views, and I will respect yours.

Waggaz
10-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Yeh I reckon Drake is awesome. He'll become a real successful rapper IMO.

DStyles
10-03-2009, 04:06 PM
What does everyone think of one of this years new rappers Drake? He is signed to Lil Waynes record label Cash Money.

I hate Lil Wayne (IMO) but Drake is awsome. His first album comes out on Valentines day next year. His EP album/mixtape is out now for free it's titled "So Far Gone".

Respect my views, and I will respect yours.
The guy sounds like lil wayne...I'm starting to think he ghost wrote for him. To me he will always be Jimmy, the guy on a wheelchair.

ac2565
10-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Yep but it was really suspicious because after the online poll results suddenly both rappers stopped.

Online poll? Could you be more specific?

Rebmob
10-03-2009, 08:39 PM
The guy sounds like lil wayne...I'm starting to think he ghost wrote for him. To me he will always be Jimmy, the guy on a wheelchair.

If Drake sounded like Lil Wayne I wouldn't listen to him. Because I personally hate Lil Wayne, his flow and his voice. Drake has a intelligent flow, and doesn't rap about lollipops. Drake's raps are actually understandable and make sense..

"X"
10-03-2009, 09:00 PM

i agree with dstyles, his mixtape "comeback season" (2007) is one of my favs. If you listened to his old stuff before he got signed you can def. tell he's lil wayne influenced. i was disappointed when he chose to sign with cash money over universal, cause his material was gonna be directed towards the usual hoes,cars,clothes. but i never thought he was gonna start rappin like wayne. there's a couple of tracks where he rhymes like his old self like the kanye cover song "say whats real" (kanye song is called "say you will" just so someone doesn't try to correct me, i know :p.

Rebmob
10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I think he has potential, and I hope he starts rapping more like himself instead of mimicing someone elses style.

It's like Tropic Thunder.. You never go full retard, in this case you never go full Wayne! Never!

Waggaz
10-04-2009, 02:47 AM
I think he has potential, and I hope he starts rapping more like himself instead of mimicing someone elses style.

It's like Tropic Thunder.. You never go full retard, in this case you never go full Wayne! Never!

Well.. Wayne and retard have alot in common..

Rebmob
10-04-2009, 02:59 AM
Well.. Wayne and retard have alot in common..

Agreed!
Off the Drake topic..

The Game is dropping his final album this year in December and then he is retiring.

The album is titled:
The R.E.D. Album

Can't wait.

Waggaz
10-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Is the Game retiring?

Isn't he like late 20's?

Young as.

Rebmob
10-04-2009, 04:17 AM
The Game is twenty nine according to Wikipedia, and he is retiring so he can be more of a family man.

He has had four studio albums including his upcoming album, and his mixtapes.. He's had tons, and they are all amazing.

SoleAssassin
10-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Speaking of Game, there's a recent pic that shows him, Snoop and Dre in the studio. Looks like Dre and Game ended their little beef.

Daiphyer.
10-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Online poll? Could you be more specific?

Many hip-hop sites were having a online poll on who was the winner of the feud, that is after the WQHT's call in poll which Nas won.

Speaking of Game, there's a recent pic that shows him, Snoop and Dre in the studio. Looks like Dre and Game ended their little beef.
Wasn't that because Dre thought on one of Game's songs he dissed Aftermath ?

DStyles
10-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Wasn't L.A.X. his last album? L.A.X, sucked. Alot of people slep on Doctor's Advocate though.

SoleAssassin
10-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Many hip-hop sites were having a online poll on who was the winner of the feud, that is after the WQHT's call in poll which Nas won.

Wasn't that because Dre thought on one of Game's songs he dissed Aftermath ?

I don't think so. It started when Game dissed 50 again after they had that press conference about ending it.

ac2565
10-05-2009, 04:48 AM

Even though I ocassionally listen to Hot 97 when the radio is on I had to google WQHT. Wow I fail.

I don't know about Jay Z, but Nas dissed Jay Z on Quick to Back Down and that came after the call-in poll.
Wasn't L.A.X. his last album? L.A.X, sucked. Alot of people slep on Doctor's Advocate though.
He has a new album coming out called the Red Album. I don't know of any singles but I think "Better on the Other Side" will be on it.

Daiphyer.
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't think so. It started when Game dissed 50 again after they had that press conference about ending it.

I know about that, but there was misunderstanding there too, that in one of game's songs, he kinda dissed aftermath, then Eminem wanted to diss Game (Not a diss track, just some lines in his "Slim Shady" songs that he usually does) But Dre told him to do not interfere after Game explained himself.
Anyways, is Dre and Snoop giving out a track ? Possibly on Detox ? If yes, it's gonna rock.

Waggaz
10-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow. I never knew that Game and Dre had a little fued. Why would Game diss aftermath anyway.. Eminem would wreck him..

DerBroodwich402
10-08-2009, 01:49 AM
YouTube - Kanye West ft. Rakim, Nas, & KRS One - Classic

I've known about this for a while now but thought this thread might need some truth so here it is. And I think KRS-One sums it up when he says "rappers spit rhymes that are mostly illegal, emcees spit rhymes to uplift their people." but everyone's verse is "classic"

TwiztidChef
10-08-2009, 05:49 AM
What album is that off of? That's a dope track! I've never been a huge listener of Rakim or KRS-One, though I'm familiar with the skills and I respect them. I just never got into all their albums. That's a great song, though Kanye can't compare to any of those guys.

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-08-2009, 06:04 AM
I wonder if Eminem is gonna diss Gucci Mane for being on the Mariah Carey remix dissing him.I don't think Gucci said anything directly to him but I wonder if Eminem would even say his name.

TwiztidChef
10-08-2009, 06:12 AM
I don't think Em would even bother. Gucci is sooo way below him its not even funny. Only person below Gucci is Soulja Boy. Also Eminem isn't 50 Cent he doesn't attack people for being friends with/ being associated with people he doesn't like.

BTW, what the fuck is Mariah doing with Gucci Mane? I know she kinda went through a rough patch(i.e. crazy time), but come one Gucci Mane? I mean she did songs with rappers before. But they were very popular rappers, and legends(Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, ODB) and to a much lesser extent P.Diddy. But come on girl don't lower yourself so much.....

Daiphyer.
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Gucci ? Isn't that a perfume ? :D
Anyways, What do you guys think about Young buck's last single "If I had to", he raps "Eminem, we're coming for you!" then he says that the only reason he said that line was to boost his new producer(I think so) who is a white guy, racist a little ?

ac2565
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
What album is that off of? That's a dope track! I've never been a huge listener of Rakim or KRS-One, though I'm familiar with the skills and I respect them. I just never got into all their albums. That's a great song, though Kanye can't compare to any of those guys.

It's not off an album it's a standalone single. It was put together by Nike Records (who also did Juelz Santans's "Second Coming") and why you hear KRS and Rakim mention Airforce sneakers. You can probably still get it on iTunes.

Edit: The Original Version (w/o Rakim and Produced by Rick Rubin.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvuJdi133ng

I don't think Em would even bother. Gucci is sooo way below him its not even funny. Only person below Gucci is Soulja Boy. Also Eminem isn't 50 Cent he doesn't attack people for being friends with/ being associated with people he doesn't like.

BTW, what the fuck is Mariah doing with Gucci Mane? I know she kinda went through a rough patch(i.e. crazy time), but come one Gucci Mane? I mean she did songs with rappers before. But they were very popular rappers, and legends(Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, ODB) and to a much lesser extent P.Diddy. But come on girl don't lower yourself so much.....

Funny you say that about 50 Cent. 50 Cent's manager helped Gucci Mane meet Mariah Carey. Also according to MTV, Gucci Mane is the 6th(?) hottest rapper. Above 50 Cent and Raekwon but under Rick Ross.

SoleAssassin
10-09-2009, 01:49 AM
YouTube - Kanye West ft. Rakim, Nas, & KRS One - Classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCDrcZK4NE&feature=related)

I've known about this for a while now but thought this thread might need some truth so here it is. And I think KRS-One sums it up when he says "rappers spit rhymes that are mostly illegal, emcees spit rhymes to uplift their people." but everyone's verse is "classic"

Rakim murdered that track. When this shit dropped I came in my pants with the line-up over a Premo beat (aside from Kanye. I would of got AZ on it, but they needed someone "relevant" for today's generation to like it.)

"Timeless, so age don't count in the booth/ when your flow stay submerged in the fountain of youth."

Premo's beat > Rubin's.

Does anyone have a CDQ of it? Mine is low.

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Funny you say that about 50 Cent. 50 Cent's manager helped Gucci Mane meet Mariah Carey. Also according to MTV, Gucci Mane is the 6th(?) hottest rapper. Above 50 Cent and Raekwon but under Rick Ross.

Eh, you killed it with "according to MTV." And above 50 but under Rick Ross? Ok I'm no longer a big 50 fan, but he's way better then Gucci, I've never liked Rick Ross but he's better then Gucci too. I think by "hottest" rapper, they mean who is selling alot of units in the pop crowd nowadays.

I'm from the Alabama/Georgia border, and Gucci is from Mobile, Alabama(I think), which is coincidentally where I was born. So I've had to hear a lot of his shit on the radio. It's all terrible and shallow.

P.S. - Not attacking you dude, just saying MTV is not a credible source on great music.

ac2565
10-09-2009, 03:43 AM
I know you aren't attacking me just mentioned MTV's list because the list shows that he is popular as hard is as that is to believe.

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Saying Gucci Mane isn't the most lyrical MC ever would the understatement of the year, but the dude is on FIRE right now.The dude is moving mixtapes down here like 50 did when he dropped.Hate it or love it.I live in Montgomery Alabama so we get a heavy dose of Southern Rap but I believe MTV's poll with Gucci being #6 hottest MC right now is dead on. He is on tracks with Snoop Dogg, Mariah Carey,that Mario dude, Busta Rhymes and Plies.Dude is gettin money.

Anyone remember that old AZ album AZiatic? That was a great super under-rated album.my favorite song was the one sampling the Welcome Back, Kotter theme(I'm Back ???)

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Well they don't make much off of mixtapes do they? Everyone I've ever bought was a copy, with photocopied cover and a disk with usually a silver label and now writing. The point of mixtapes is to drum up interest in the real album. I'm not saying he's not getting money, but mixtapes aren't the most profitable.

That's one thing that annoys me with rap nowadays, people say oh, yeah they are talentless hacks but they making alot of money! If that was a gauge of how good you are, none of these people are as good as Backstreet Boys or Britney Spears, as they sold ALOT of albums....

Again: not hating on you LEGGOmyEGGObro, I just hear that kinda talk a lot around my area.

I do admit though, I had his first CD, it was cheezy as hell but I used to like the song Trap House, and So Icy with Young Jeezy

Edit: Any chance we can get this thread stickied? The damn, what do yo recommend just got it, so why not this one, a long discussion of real hip-hop in a civilized manner? Any chance mods?

Hey Leggo, your from Montgomery, you've heard Dirty right? Hit Da Floe, We Still and all that? They still puttin out CDs? I've got all 3 of their CDs, except the underground one.

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-09-2009, 06:21 AM
I don't care how much you hate on Gucci Mane, you go and listen to Back to the Traphouse and you hear Gucci really turn the corner from that corny Big Cat records shit.The hate only reassures the fact that he is a hot MC.

Dirty is still around but not signed to a big record deal anymore.Duece Komradz and Small Tyme Ballaz were right on Dirty's heels here in the city but they are all underground.Check out "Way Down Under" by Jungle Baby if you get a chance.

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 06:25 AM
I've only heard a few singles since those days, and read the reviews of his albums on Rapreviews.com, which included some really cheesy lyrics. I'm just not into him. Don't get me wrong, there are much worse MCs in the game right now. Souljah Boy, I'm lookin at you, I swear I meet him in person I'm punching him in the face.

He can be a good, drunken party rapper I guess. I equate him to Plies. I like one Plies song, and its so stupid its good. I Got Plenty Money sucks when your broke, but on pay day, its fucking great.

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 06:33 AM
I just thought of Deuce Komradz after I posted that, its awesome someone else knows these guys! Nobody on this side of Georgia knows them. That takes me back, 100 elbows, Ridin Smokin and all that. I gotta go find my old Dirty CDs, and now my Deuce CDs. I'm from Phenix City, AL so we got all that stuff from Montgomery, Auburn, Mobile, and we got all the spillover from ATL.

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Sometimes you have to listen to an album yourself rather than depending on your favorite web-site's opinion.All i can tell you is what bang in the streets down here.Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, Jeezy has a tight mixtape out now, Plies's first album was good,Boosie and Webbie,OJ da Juiceman and Yo Gotti is really hot right now too.Not knockin your opinion though, I just dont take Gucci's lyrics THAT serious.I support the down South movement because lyrics died when Biggie died for real. I bumped Biggie and Nas super hard and still do but shit aint like it was back in the day homey.Jay Z never really filled that void that Biggie left when he passed in my opinion.

If you guys wanna just put your top 5 MC ever list then I would go:
1.Notorious B.I.G.
2.Andre 3000
3.Ghostface Killah
4.Nas
5.Bun B

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
ooh I hate Juicemane almost as much as Souljah Boy

Jeezy and Gucci on the same mix tape? They hate each other, didn't jeezy call for his chain, the one that Gucci killed someone over?

as far as your top 5?
I like 2pac more than biggie, but still love biggie(I've got a Notorious B.I.G. and Frank Sinatra mixtape that is awesome)
I also prefer Raekwon to Ghostface, but both are awesome.

Bun B? Fuck yea, UGK for Life, one of the best, along with outkast, and 8ball and MJG, southern, wait nevermind, anywhere, rap duos ever!

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Just thought of an old underground banger.
Trial Time- The Last Mr. Bigg
youtube took the dirty version down because it was so hardcore.did you ever hear that one?

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 07:03 AM
hell yeah, Mr. Biggs was awesome, he's got a 75,000 diamond in his fake eye. He was supposed to sign with Hypnotize Mindz with 3-6 mafia, but didn't. He did sing the hook on poppin my collar, and a couple of other songs. I read on wikipidia he had the most "ghetto" song ever, the one about, "I got long hair, I got a 10,000 hat...." its kinda funny.

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-09-2009, 07:06 AM
OH SHIT!!! I had forgot about that song! I got long hair/a pocket full of stones/Some bad hoes/wanna play on my phone/ I talk Big Shit/ Mothafucka I'm grown/And every n!gg@ in my click got chrome on they shit!

LEGGOmyEGGObro
10-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I remember when Three 6 mafia had 6 members back in the day(DJ Paul, Juicy J,Gangsta Boo, Koopsta Knicca, Crunchy Black and Lord Infamous).Now i think they're down to three members.gangsta Boo had a super tight solo album back in the day.Nowadays Three 6 doesnt even sound the same. I used to bump a little Brotha Lynch Hung back in 94. Rap was more hardcore back then.

Evo Kazz
10-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Sometimes you have to listen to an album yourself rather than depending on your favorite web-site's opinion.All i can tell you is what bang in the streets down here.Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, Jeezy has a tight mixtape out now, Plies's first album was good,Boosie and Webbie,OJ da Juiceman and Yo Gotti is really hot right now too.Not knockin your opinion though, I just dont take Gucci's lyrics THAT serious.I support the down South movement because lyrics died when Biggie died for real. I bumped Biggie and Nas super hard and still do but shit aint like it was back in the day homey.Jay Z never really filled that void that Biggie left when he passed in my opinion.

If you guys wanna just put your top 5 MC ever list then I would go:
1.Notorious B.I.G.
2.Andre 3000
3.Ghostface Killah
4.Nas
5.Bun B

If by Jeezy's mixtape, you mean Mixtape Monster 2, then you are so right, it is amazing, I can't stop listening to it.

TwiztidChef
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Three-6-Mafia used to be one of my favorite rap groups. They were down to 2, but I think Lord Infamous returned. I miss Koopsta Knicca. T-Rock was awestome though, he wasn't in 3-6 but was on the label. Now all the ex-members have banded together with their old manager on the old Prophet Posse label and group name.

SoleAssassin
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Top 5 DOA:

1. NaS
2. Biggie
3. AZ
4. Guru
5. Big L

Honorable Mention (aka 6): Big Pun

GOAT Group: Wu Tang

DerBroodwich402
10-12-2009, 02:32 AM
This is song is kinda old but I just found the video for it and you should just listen to it

YouTube - Slaughterhouse - Move On

Gavin TTC956GP
10-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Lil Wayne Questions MTV Over Eminem Omission

Lil Wayne has become the latest artist to question why Eminem was not included on MTV's Hottest MCs list. "Eminem [is not on the list]? Who else is on the list? Gucci who? Gucci Mane? Gucci Mane was on the list and Eminem wasn't on it? [laughs] Shout-out my n*gga Gucci," Wayne told Tim Westwood. Reacting to Jay-Z being number one, Lil Wayne joked around. "Uhm, who's number one?," Wayne asked radio personality Tim Westwood in an interview. "Jay-Z? Nah, that's cool [me being at number two.] That's cool. That's okay, I thought Drake was gonna be number one.

JD (aka Jermaine Dupre) took to his blog last week to talk about Eminem being left out. "TODAYS QUESTION IS ABOUT THE MTV HOT MCs LIST. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT EMINEM NOT MAKING IT? I PERSONALLY THINK THE LIST JUST LOST ITS CREDIBILITY BY NOT INCLUDING HIM. NOT ONLY DID HE MAKE A ALBUM THIS YEAR BUT THAT ALBUM OUT SOLD 75 PERCENT OF EVERYBODY ON THE LIST .SERGE WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE LIST AND WHY THIS HAPPENED BUT TO ME THIS IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE KEEP SAYING HIPHOP IS DEAD," JD wrote.

Snoop Dogg Talks The Game & Dre Reunion

Recently a picture featuring Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre and The Game in the studio surfaced and The Game said the three were working on Dre's "Detox" album. Now Snoop is stepping up to talk about the picture and the situation between The Game and Dr Dre. "Yeah, actually, we working on the Detox album right now," Snoop revealed in an interview. "Actually, me and Dr. Dre and D.O.C. and Stat Quo, we in there every day trying to go hard, I came and called Game up so he could come and be a part of this particular record that Dre had that was needing his vocals and needed his assistance on. We just trying to bring it all back together again."

Snoop then goes on to discuss the West Coast reunion. "One thing about me, I've always been known to bring people together to solidify relationships. It's about what we can do, not what we did. So we doing some things to try and bring this movement back, so that's what this picture was about. It was about symbolizing the West Coast movement..."

ac2565
10-13-2009, 01:41 AM
RZA: Wu-Tang a drive-by away from never existing

CNN: Could your imprisonment or Method Man's death have derailed Wu-Tang's formation?

RZA: Either one of those incidents could definitely have derailed it. Of course, myself being the abbot, the one who came with the idea, if I wouldn't have made it out of that tumultuous time -- it seemed like I wasn't going to make it out of it; there was a lot of odds against me -- but we stood strong, and self-defense made sense to the jury. We beat that

Full Interview Here (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/12/rza.tao.wu.tang/index.html)

Daiphyer.
10-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Rapper Eminem has spoken about what's to come with his next album Relapse 2.

The 36-year-old star said he has been in a "zone" with the follow-up to his last album Relapse.

He said: "With the last record, it had a lot to do with me getting sober and just my eyes being open again, and my brain went into overdrive.

"I was just trying to prove to myself that I could do it again."

The new album is most likely going to feature Jay-Z producer Just Blaze and D12's Mr Porter will also appear.

He added: "I've been so in the zone with this next album."

An official release date for the album is yet to be revealed.

Relapse was a let down, I was excepting much more from him, but it was good that he came back nontheless.
I hope Relapse 2 is more like Encore, or Eminem Show.

Gavin TTC956GP
10-16-2009, 05:50 AM
This year, personally, Blueprint 3 has been much better than Em's Relapse....but the sequel could be a masterpiece.....

Anyone heard any latest news pertaining to the upcoming(if ever)DETOX album???

Dillagence
10-16-2009, 01:39 PM
This year, personally, Blueprint 3 has been much better than Em's Relapse....but the sequel could be a masterpiece.....

Anyone heard any latest news pertaining to the upcoming(if ever)DETOX album???

Yeah the game leaked a photo on Twitter of him Dre and Snoop in the studio saying they were working on tracks for Detox, but who knows It's been long waiting so it may never be released.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x8I_VCDhL3g/SsjzEgYsJJI/AAAAAAAAABE/RhLoGgnpmQQ/s1600/snoop-dogg-dr-dre-the-game.jpg

SoleAssassin
10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL at people waiting on Detox.

Daiphyer.
10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Detox was announced at ... wait like 2003 or 2002 ?
Now it's 2009, and it won't be released on 2009 either, so a 8 years delay, isn't that just sweet ? Edit: Holy shit! Just found out this one! http://i36.tinypic.com/2aih2c2.jpg What's going on ?

Soulflyy
10-23-2009, 12:49 AM
this thread needs to get stickied for all us Hip Hop lovers! :p

ac2565
10-23-2009, 01:33 AM
New song by the Game.
Game - Heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYB-L2cW4s

@SoulFlyy:I just subscribe to this thread that way I don't have to look for it.

Soulflyy
10-23-2009, 01:59 AM
YouTube - Atmosphere - You

Atmosphere - You

Feelin this song at the mo

yerr i sub but it should be stickied aswell

grim0187
10-23-2009, 02:10 AM

wait wait wait....eminem has no sick lyrics?

Fuckin' brain's brawn, and brass balls
I cut 'em off, i got 'em pickled and bronzed in a glass jar
Inside of a hall, with my framed autographed,
Sunglasses with elton john's name, on my drag wall
I'm out the closet, i been lying my ass off
All this time, me and dre been fucking with hats off

I dont know what you consider sick, but THAT is sick!