PDA

View Full Version : Enter sandman, achievement?

Agent Aero
07-24-2009, 02:38 PM
I read the criteria to unlock the enter sandman achievement and it just says''guitar'' it doesn't specify lead or bass.

So can anyone confirm if scoring that amount on bass guitar will unlcok the achievement?

TwistedFate
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Guitar = Guitar, Bass = Bass. If you could get the achievement playing bass, it would have read "guitar or bass".

B4d33nD
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Can you even get 330k on bass...

Stufin135
07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Can you even get 330k on bass...
That was my first question.

My second was why would you think that when it said get 330k on Guitar you would think oh that includes Bass. They are two totally different instruments. A Bass isn't even a Guitar :confused:

Agent Aero
07-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow, you guys have just made me look like a 5 yr old kid who doesn't know a thing >.<

Stufin135
07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow, you guys have just made me look like a 5 yr old kid who doesn't know a thing >.<
:p I just take offense since I am a bassist and people always think bass is a guitar when it is not. But your question did get answered didn't it? :p lol

TwistedFate
07-24-2009, 05:03 PM
:p I just take offense since I am a bassist and people always think bass is a guitar when it is not.

Ummm, yes it is. That's why it's called a BASS GUITAR. Changing the vocal range doesn't make it a completely different instrument.

Stufin135
07-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Ummm, yes it is. That's why it's called a BASS GUITAR. Changing the vocal range doesn't make it a completely different instrument.
It's not actually under the guitar family. I was always under that impression. But my bass teacher told me different. So did my GCSE Music teacher and My A Level Music teacher. So i am going with them on this instance :p

TwistedFate
07-24-2009, 08:20 PM
It's not actually under the guitar family. I was always under that impression. But my bass teacher told me different. So did my GCSE Music teacher and My A Level Music teacher. So i am going with them on this instance :p

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it sure as hell ain't a goose. :p

In all seriousness, what characteristics does it have that set it outside the guitar family?

Stufin135
07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it sure as hell ain't a goose. :p

In all seriousness, what characteristics does it have that set it outside the guitar family?
:p Bass didn't start on guitar it was moved into a guitar like shape. Some people have troubles classifying it. But don't forget it's not just shape and style of the instrument many different factors determine what it is.

TwistedFate
07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
:p Bass didn't start on guitar it was moved into a guitar like shape. Some people have troubles classifying it. But don't forget it's not just shape and style of the instrument many different factors determine what it is.

That's why I'm asking what those differences are. I'm a guitarist who recently switched to drums. I don't know much about bass, except what my girlfriends son has done and he is self trained by playing over his metal MP3's so he can't really discuss the nuances intelligently.

To an outsider, like me, it's a stringed instrument that is fretted and played by plucking the strings. Exactly like a traditional 6-string melodic guitar. The only difference I can see is vocal range.

Stufin135
07-24-2009, 09:05 PM
That's why I'm asking what those differences are. I'm a guitarist who recently switched to drums. I don't know much about bass, except what my girlfriends son has done and he is self trained by playing over his metal MP3's so he can't really discuss the nuances intelligently.

To an outsider, like me, it's a stringed instrument that is fretted and played by plucking the strings. Exactly like a traditional 6-string melodic guitar. The only difference I can see is vocal range.
I am not going to lie to you. It was one of them in one ear out the other things. All I remember is I was tought it was different. If I remember rightly it is the string family. The guitar comes under guitar family.

TwistedFate
07-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I am not going to lie to you. It was one of them in one ear out the other things.

LOL, works for me.

The Remdizzle
07-24-2009, 11:32 PM
well there are just so many sides to that argument... i am a percussionist and we have many names for our instruments. for some of the non-melodic instruments they might end with "-drum" such as snare drum, bass drum, field drum, etc. other non-melodic percussion instruments like tambourine or shakers are almost never referred to as "drums." sometimes, melodic instruments like timpani are called drums. now, all of these percussion instruments generate their sound after being hit or shaken by something/someone. but it is the round shape of the instrument and skins or heads in combination that classify a drum as a drum. which is why we dont call a triangle or a marimba a drum. the point is, there are a shitload of instruments out there with a shitload of names and throughout time and modernization the instruments have changed and the names have changed. in the old days a guitar was a hollow body instrument, now we can have a piece of plastic with some wires in it and call it a guitar. same thing with a bass or bass guitar. i dont care what your highly educated music professors say, trying to go overly technical on some stupid point of theirs, the modern bass guitar as we know it today is exactly that. a bass fuckin guitar. its a guitar, and it plays low notes like a bass. a bass guitar.