PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you snipe?

TpYourHouse
07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Lock this please.

KNUCKS x360a
07-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Its just kind of tricky in this game!...Body shots wont get you the kill so its all about headshots!

Unless you're quite skilled & can hit driving/running targets, its all about hitting stationary targets in the head.

TpYourHouse
07-24-2009, 10:21 PM
There has got to be some type of like, math equation to figure out how to lead shots. Like if the target is running left, count for 1 second, and however many pegs on the sniper scope to the left he is, that's your bullet lead. That's not it though.

Fallen x360a
07-24-2009, 10:30 PM
For me it's a guessing game and it's annoying when it takes two body shot or w/e, but for me, the lead is bout maybe a quarter inch if they are "sorta" far away, and if they're across the map it's bout an half inch or more. Basically you get lucky, and the more you experiment with the sniper rifle leads, the better you get at it.

Louis BCFC1875
07-24-2009, 10:42 PM
You zoom in with your Rifle, and then when the cross hair is over the person you are trying to snipe, you pull the RT trigger.

On a serious note, if you want to snipe someone while they are moving, the best thing to do is shoot infront of them.

androsmere
07-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Lose the Wal-Mart connection.

Fallen x360a
07-24-2009, 11:52 PM
A lot of people can't figure out the sniper rifle in a lot of games, even with a great connection...He's just asking for a definite answer on how much of a lead you need to have to kill someone...

TpYourHouse
07-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Lose the Wal-Mart connection.

I guarantee I have way better ms ping than you. Oh, and it is a Wal-mart connection, there connection is awesome. XD And I am talking ping, not up/down.

MarcoPolo360
07-25-2009, 01:50 AM
I don't want to brag, but I'm a pretty damn good sniper. You know why? Practice

pX I Atticus
07-25-2009, 02:33 AM
practice practice practice thats all i can say really

PwnStar92
07-25-2009, 02:37 AM
You must practice.
Also, when there is a moving target you must take in affect that he is moving and your bullet goes straight. So that means you obviously have to lead your shot.
But than leading your shot differs from how far you are, so you must test and practice how far in front of the person you should shoot when leading a shot from various distances.

RuggersAssassin
07-25-2009, 03:50 AM
I agree it is pretty hard to snipe. Sometimes I can get in two body shots and take them out if they move just a little bit. Its hard to hit a sprinting target though. I usually just get other snipers or people stationary. I don't snipe much, but when I do its usually on Guadalcanal (Sp?) and they have one base left and you can camp snipe them pretty bad. Cheap I know. I'm a camper when I snipe.

Taiyz
07-25-2009, 08:55 AM
This is one thing I find different about 1943 compared to any other game. There really is a mathematical time delay on when your bullet reaches the point you're aiming at. You literally have to shoot so that the enemy runs into your bullet, unless you've found a guy who's pretty stationary.

This methodology also applies to dogfights; you can easily take out enemy planes from across the entire map if you just shoot an inch or two (of actual screen space) in front of them.

Jimbo76
07-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Like the above post says. if the enemy is running right, aim ahead of him a little. like the guy above me says as well, its the same for the dog fighting, once you learn where to aim, you become pretty deadly.

TpYourHouse
07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
This game may seem realistic but it doesn't take that long for bullets to travel that far, keep in mind that the Muzzle Velocity of the Springfield in the game is 2,300ft/sec which is much more than from one side of wake Island to the other, that's nearly 8 football fields a second, yet it takes 1 second for it to travel about 1,000ft from one side to the other, I think the designers made a mistake. designer -> :chair <- me.

But whatever, I think I have it figured out, it seems to always be somewhere next to 2 pegs, and now when I snipe I work with another sniper and we shoot the same target, much easier.

KNUCKS x360a
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah the Damage in this game is way out of whack:

One hit with a Wrench kills a man, but a high-power sniper bullet to the chest doesnt?!

Being 15ft from a Frag will kill you, but 10-15 rounds from an SMG won't hurt....?

Hmmmm...

I still love the game, I just have to work with it! :p

MarcoPolo360
07-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah the Damage in this game is way out of whack:

One hit with a Wrench kills a man, but a high-power sniper bullet to the chest doesnt?!

Being 15ft from a Frag will kill you, but 10-15 rounds from an SMG won't hurt....?

Hmmmm...

I still love the game, I just have to work with it! :p
I love it, because it makes everything balanced. So far I haven't had one time where I felt out-classed against an enemy. If I get killed I know it's just because he/she's better than me (he/she most likely just lucky though haha).

MachineHero
07-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I find bullet damage too inconsistent at times. One time I was hiding in a bunker and went outside and saw a guy on a nearby hill and proceeded to snipe the back of his head...and I know it was on target cause he never moved yet he didn't die, I'm reloading he turns around, bang bang, I'm dead and this was at best 25 feet away

antnie
07-27-2009, 12:00 AM
If someone is running just leave your scope in the direction he is going. Just wait. Then shoot when he is about to get in the middle of the cross. I find that headshots are very easy in this game. Taking out other sinkers that are standing still is good practice.

ITD Soldierboy
07-27-2009, 04:28 AM
The game uses physics that resemble the gravity of the earth, and the bullets travel time. A farther moving target will be much harder, since with the physics system in place, a shot doesn't immeditely reach the target. It kinda almost feels as if I'm actually firing the gun, which is great.

lubenthrust
07-27-2009, 07:40 PM
This game may seem realistic but it doesn't take that long for bullets to travel that far, keep in mind that the Muzzle Velocity of the Springfield in the game is 2,300ft/sec which is much more than from one side of wake Island to the other, that's nearly 8 football fields a second, yet it takes 1 second for it to travel about 1,000ft from one side to the other, I think the designers made a mistake.

Really? Only 1000 feet from one side of Wake Island to the other? That's an interesting perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wake_Island_map.png

Wake Island / Atoll has about 12 miles of coastline. According to that map, the distance between the tips is at least a mile, closer to a mile and a half.

you -> :chair <- common sense

TpYourHouse
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Really? Only 1000 feet from one side of Wake Island to the other? That's an interesting perspective.

Wake Island / Atoll has about 12 miles of coastline. According to that map, the distance between the tips is at least a mile, closer to a mile and a half.

If it was a mile from tip to tip then why can you swim across it in 29 seconds going at a speed of 3 miles per hour? If I am right it should take 20 minutes to get to the other side, IF it was a mile from tip to tip. But it doesn't, it takes 29 seconds, maybe less than that, so I am thinking that its maybe even less than 1000 feet, I was just guessing. What you are showing is the real Wake Island, not the fake one.

tugboatman
07-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Like everyone else said its mainly practise but saying that im usually rubbish with a sniper rifle on other games yet this one seems to be a little easier for me but im still rubbish with that stupid machine gun lol

lubenthrust
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes, good points -- but then you might as well ask how a soldier can run/swim without getting tired, or open up a parachute from the last second of a major freefall and survive. You're selectively applying "real world facts" to criticize gameplay decisions in a setting that is unrealistic. I don't understand why you'd call for accurate modeling of bullet travel based on completely fictitious (i.e., 1000 ft.) distances.

Taiyz
07-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Being 15ft from a Frag will kill you, but 10-15 rounds from an SMG won't hurt....? Personally, I love it when I'm throwing grenades around, so that when my enemy is between myself and my grenade, about the 15ft you mentioned, I'm the only one of us who dies. It's very fun, and makes a lot of sense!

MrGuitarZombie
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Well i feel like a noob when it comes to battlefield sniping, since i cant snipe to save my life, i just go right next to anyone and no scope them :D i did it for the postcard and never used it again :p

APX
07-31-2009, 11:59 PM
If their running, aim about... two flags away from the Vertical line of the scope, maybe a flag and a half.

You also gotta lear how to quick switch to be a better sniper. :)

TpYourHouse
08-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Yes, good points -- but then you might as well ask how a soldier can run/swim without getting tired, or open up a parachute from the last second of a major freefall and survive. You're selectively applying "real world facts" to criticize gameplay decisions in a setting that is unrealistic. I don't understand why you'd call for accurate modeling of bullet travel based on completely fictitious (i.e., 1000 ft.) distances.

That has nothing to do with bullet travel, battlefield games are supposed to be the most realistic out there, and yet the makers leave out the most important things. Anyways. Mod lock this thread now, people need to stop posting on it, I'm an expert sniper now.

Swapmeat
08-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Not that I want everyone else to know this since I had to learn it on my own, but there is absolutely no bullet drop at all with the Sniper rifle, and I assume on any rifle.

It took several games for me to realize that even if the other guy was alllllll the way across the map from me, or say carrier to carrier, as long as you have their head exactly in the cross hairs, and they don't move, you will hit them with a high chance of a head shot, no matter how far away they are.

If you are trying to hit a moving target, I would suggest not even bothering unless you are very confident you can hit them, and even then I would not try for a head shot. If you tag them in body, and someone else kills them, you still at least get +5 points.

If you are going to play as a good Scout, I would point out that giving away your position should always be avoided, and plinking random dudes who you have very little chance to actually kill reduces your efficacy as a Sekret Squirrel. If someone looks your way and sees you, you appear on the radar for everyone else to see, so staying unseen is key for Scout success.

Baryonyx
08-02-2009, 11:41 AM

you -> :chair <- common sense

Oh right yeah and you can run from one end of Iwo Jima to the other in about 2 minutes? Of course you can't, the games maps are created soley for the game, not as accurate representations of the real life place!

TpYourHouse
08-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I think you can run from one side to the other in 2 minutes.... I could test that out for you but there is no need. I already know. But you guys are posting off topic, stop talking about the maps, you know what, stop posting in this thread altogether. This has turned form a sniping lesson to how big the maps are.......