PDA

View Full Version : Lacking Characters

SliceDice
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Is it just me or does this game not have as many characters to choose from? In the first game there was much more of a variety of playable Characters. Most of the Hero's I played as in the first game are not in this one, anyone else feel this way?

InfernoFrY
07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I was like you a few weeks ago, but new characters keep getting revealed every week. They still haven't announced the version exclusives yet and then there will be DLC characters probably not long after release.

Current List of known playables (23)

Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Gambit
Green Goblin
Hulk
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Jean Grey
Juggernaut (pre-order only)
Luke Cage
Mister Fantastic
Ms. Marvel
Penance
Songbird
Spider-Man
Storm
Thing
Thor
Venom
Wolverine

FroBoy11
08-12-2009, 04:25 PM
You might as well add Ms. Marvel to that list. There's also another character that's in the game that isn't going to be revealed.

There's a rumor that there's Iceman and Nick Fury as console exclusives for PS3 and 360. While the Wii and PS2 get Cyclops, Psylocke and Blade.

InfernoFrY
08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
You might as well add Ms. Marvel to that list.

Current List of known playables (23)

Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Gambit
Green Goblin
Hulk
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Jean Grey
Juggernaut (pre-order only)
Luke Cage
Mister Fantastic
Ms. Marvel
Penance
Songbird
Spider-Man
Storm
Thing
Thor
Venom
Wolverine

Duh. :confused:

Snow Camo Kid
08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Duh. :confused:

I dunno why your saying that becase she hasn't been confirmed.

And dont say "thats what the clues are" because it could also be Nova. Or someone that no one has guessed yet.

Drayco
08-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Ms. Marvel IS Confirmed, now anyway.

InfernoFrY
08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Told you :nana

BlckHybrid
08-18-2009, 12:41 AM
There gonna milk us by releasing character packs. Come on guys. What happened to the days when you bought a game u got the FULL experience on one disc not over two months. But I guess you cant get it all, all the time. Hooray for Venom. I like the version before mac gargan had the symbiote.

subsonickharma
08-18-2009, 02:57 AM
i don't see why this wouldn't have all the characters from the first game...ad then add some?

hondafanatic17
08-19-2009, 03:32 AM
I think that since this game is based off marvels civil war all the characters that had civil war thing in them should be in the game and even though that could be like a 100 characters. We've all seen what they can put on a game disc they can fit them in.

Aghwee
08-19-2009, 05:07 AM
You might as well add Ms. Marvel to that list. There's also another character that's in the game that isn't going to be revealed.

There's a rumor that there's Iceman and Nick Fury as console exclusives for PS3 and 360. While the Wii and PS2 get Cyclops, Psylocke and Blade.

I'll trade Iceman for Psylocke any day.

It's a shame she's rarely featured, despite her bad-assery.
[MvC was about all she got]

Phantom Morph X
08-19-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll trade Iceman for Psylocke any day.

It's a shame she's rarely featured, despite her bad-assery.
[MvC was about all she got]

I would choose Iceman, since he's my favorite character. And I would love to have him as a playable character.

Question: If I'm halfway through the game, and then I get the DLC characters, can I use them in that already saved game? How does it affect achievements like "Mutant Love" in MUA1?

TheCapedArcader
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I would choose Iceman, since he's my favorite character. And I would love to have him as a playable character.

Question: If I'm halfway through the game, and then I get the DLC characters, can I use them in that already saved game? How does it affect achievements like "Mutant Love" in MUA1?

Yes, you can use them right away. To get the character specific achievements like Mutant Love and Wrong Claws, you'll have to start a new game if you've already went past those points.

Dlark17
08-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Man, I had this thought too, brought it up on *their* boards, and got totally ripped out. Glad to see the community here is a little more... open-minded.

But Blade as a console-exclusive? That's super-lame. He was a freaking beast in the original, so why cut out one of the few Marvel characters made better by his movie releases? He's got an ever-growing fanbase.
Oh wait, that's right.... whiny X-men hugging babies who cried for Gambit and Jean Grey. Blech! Gambit didn't work in XML2, I can only pray they work out his bugs this time.

Don't even get me started on Jean and Ms. Marvel... Cuz there's only one Focus character I need...
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/Elric_MNM/DoctorStrange2.jpg

Phantom Morph X
08-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks! I didn't know how the DLC characters worked.

I agree that Jean Grey is taking the spot of a better character, as for Gambit, will have to wait and see him in the game, I liked him in X-Men Legends 2, but took him out, since I wanted a flyer and teleporter in my rooster.

Der Nacho
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I know in some of the trailers they cameo'd Black Widow, Cable, War Machine, Hercules, Cloak, Patriot, Yellow Jacket. Maybe a few of them would be playables. But not Cable. War Machine and Hercules would be awesome.

ac2565
08-22-2009, 06:11 AM
I know in some of the trailers they cameo'd Black Widow, Cable, War Machine, Hercules, Cloak, Patriot, Yellow Jacket. Maybe a few of them would be playables. But not Cable. War Machine and Hercules would be awesome.

War Machine would be like an exact copy of Iron Man. A different skin would be fine but having him as a seperate player would be stupid. Also I'm pretty sure there not going to give us cutscene footage of the unknown characters. Although I would like Cable.

Dlark17
08-23-2009, 03:23 AM
Let me ask this question...

WHY does everyone seem to want Cable as a playable character?! Come on! For freak's sakes, he'd either have to be way overpowered, or else feel like a total rip-off for a character! Heck, he hardly even had a cameo in the Civil War plotline, if memory serves (I.E. The one-issue stint in Cable & Deadpool), and even that wasn't big.

I'd say if ya threw Cable in, you may as well toss in his nemisis Apocalypse. At least then you could have a FEW OP players on the map at once...

But if he stays NPC and important to the story, by all means, toss him in! :D

MXR5150
08-25-2009, 03:32 AM
"Whiny-X-men-hugging-babies"? Please, their appearance needs little to no justification...
I present X-ibit... G!http://www.infectedgaming.net/images/XXM_Gambit.jpg

Phantom Morph X
08-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Maybe some characters we see in the videos won't be playable characters but we'll get to interact with them one way or another... Like at the bases (i.e. Jarvis, Vision) or in missions (i.e. Dugan, Corsair) as we did in MUA1.
Or maybe some will depend on the system, in XBox 360 we had Colossus, but not in PSP, where you also unlocked Black Widow once you finished the game.

Indie Hero
09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I would actually prefer less characters, and have them stop with the list they're at now.

It would create a lot more variety and not have six million clones like the last game.

mksystem74
09-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Well, the 24 playable characters are set. You get a 25th for beating the game and there will be some DLC. With reading the Civil War and this is what the main part of the game is about I think having 7 X-Men in th eline up is a bit much since there wern't that relevant during the Civil War.

ac2565
09-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Well, the 24 playable characters are set. You get a 25th for beating the game and there will be some DLC. With reading the Civil War and this is what the main part of the game is about I think having 7 X-Men in th eline up is a bit much since there wern't that relevant during the Civil War.

Ask yourself where Hulk was during the Civil War. People have to remember that this game isn't called Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Civil War.

Phantom-Phive
09-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Game needs more Ghost Rider, Namor, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Sentry.

mksystem74
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Ask yourself where Hulk was during the Civil War. People have to remember that this game isn't called Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Civil War.

Hulk destroyed Las Vegas before the Civil War story arch, that is when Congress started to get the idea of the registration act and when Tony Stark sent Hulk to a different planet, that caused the first rift between him and people like Captain America and others. So he wasn't there for it, but did play a major role in what happened with everything.

ac2565
09-06-2009, 05:41 AM
Hulk destroyed Las Vegas before the Civil War story arch, that is when Congress started to get the idea of the registration act and when Tony Stark sent Hulk to a different planet, that caused the first rift between him and people like Captain America and others. So he wasn't there for it, but did play a major role in what happened with everything.

You failed to see the point of my post or maybe I just wasn't being blunt. I know why Hulk wasn't around in the Civil War so if you the developers wanted to be true to the story arc they wouldn't include Hulk as a playable character.

mksystem74
09-06-2009, 08:32 AM
You failed to see the point of my post or maybe I just wasn't being blunt. I know why Hulk wasn't around in the Civil War so if you the developers wanted to be true to the story arc they wouldn't include Hulk as a playable character.

I know what you meant and was answering your statement about Hulk. I know what the game is called but seeing it as it is MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE.... having 7-8 X-men characters in the game is a little overkill and I was stating that they don't even play a big role in the story arch anyways. And for the fact that they're making X-Men Legends 3.... I figured we could do with less X-Men in MUA2.

Midnight Malice
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
7-8 X-Men? I count 5, not including Juggernaut. Out of 24 playable out of the box... 5 seems right to me, especially when all of FF is represented, seriously, does anyone actually like using Mr. Fantastic? IMHO, they should have had 50+ playable... technology is getting bigger and better, but yet the list of playable characters got cut. They should have kept the majority of characters in MUA1 and added the rest that weren't in the first one. How dare they take away my Magneto... or worse yet, charge me again to get some of the same DLC characters back from the first one.

Like everyone else here, I am getting it cause I absolutely love the Marvel universe, but unless they come out with good, cheap DLC quickly, I am somewhat disappointed in thier character choices out of the box. That last unannounced character better be damn awesome.

mksystem74
09-09-2009, 03:39 PM
7-8 X-Men? I count 5, not including Juggernaut.

Storm
Jean Grey
Gambit
Iceman
Deadpool
Wolverine
Juggernaut*
8th might be the 25th character

Teth Amon
09-09-2009, 03:41 PM
The last Ultimate Alliance was a sleeper hit. I strongly believe this one is going to be even better.

Following the Civil War storyline sounds like a great idea.:drunk

Midnight Malice
09-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I don't consider Deadpool an X-Men character, he was created through the Weapon X program, and has ties to Wolverine but was never an X-Man. When I think X-Men I think of characters that have actually been a part of the team. I would really like to know why you think he is X-Men... if it is cause of the Wolverine movie... LOL

mksystem74
09-10-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't consider Deadpool an X-Men character, he was created through the Weapon X program, and has ties to Wolverine but was never an X-Man. When I think X-Men I think of characters that have actually been a part of the team. I would really like to know why you think he is X-Men... if it is cause of the Wolverine movie... LOL

Part of the X-Men universe. He's a mutant...mutate w/e. Just like the villains in the X-Men universe I would consider an X-Men character even though they are not part of the team. Like Juggs. So I put Deadpool in the X-Men category. You don't have to, but I do.

floridafan765
09-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Part of the X-Men universe. He's a mutant...mutate w/e. Just like the villains in the X-Men universe I would consider an X-Men character even though they are not part of the team. Like Juggs. So I put Deadpool in the X-Men category. You don't have to, but I do. I definitely think Juggs is part of the Xmen universe even though he's NOT a mutant (i hope im right and dont sound like an ass), and as for deadpool i think he's part of the xmen universe-ish ;)

Phantom Morph X
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Juggs is part of the X-Men universe, and has been an X-Men (for a while), and is one of their older villains.

As for Deadpool, I guess it's a matter of how you look at it. I would see him as a X-Men Universe prime guest (Weapon X, Cable), but he has a good thing going by himself (his own comic titles without X-Men intervention).

Klint Beastw00d
09-10-2009, 10:15 PM
The lack of Moon Knight and Nightcrawler disturb me.

Juggernaut is not a mutant. He gets his power from the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak.

Rabbit
09-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Bunch of damn nerds lol jk but all i care about is venom :woop::woop:

ac2565
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Let me ask this question...

WHY does everyone seem to want Cable as a playable character?! Come on! For freak's sakes, he'd either have to be way overpowered, or else feel like a total rip-off for a character! Heck, he hardly even had a cameo in the Civil War plotline, if memory serves (I.E. The one-issue stint in Cable & Deadpool), and even that wasn't big.

I'd say if ya threw Cable in, you may as well toss in his nemisis Apocalypse. At least then you could have a FEW OP players on the map at once...

But if he stays NPC and important to the story, by all means, toss him in! :D
He has a gun. He has no right eye. He can time warp. Need I say more? :p
I liked Cable when I first saw him in the 1990s X Men cartoon and Marvel vs Capcom 2 made me love him.

I know what you meant and was answering your statement about Hulk. I know what the game is called but seeing it as it is MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE.... having 7-8 X-men characters in the game is a little overkill and I was stating that they don't even play a big role in the story arch anyways. And for the fact that they're making X-Men Legends 3.... I figured we could do with less X-Men in MUA2.
Looks like I missed the point of your posts. It does get annoying to see that in every Marvel game at least 2 X Men are in the game which takes out the possibility of other characters. For example Hawkeye was supposed to be in this game but got kicked. :(

Pyrochaos
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
The lack of Moon Knight and Nightcrawler disturb me.

Juggernaut is not a mutant. He gets his power from the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak.

"Ultimate Alliance" would suggest this game takes place in the Ultimate universe eh?

In the Ultimate universe, Juggs is a mutant.

Dlark17
09-11-2009, 09:13 PM
He has a gun. He has no right eye. He can time warp. Need I say more? :p
I liked Cable when I first saw him in the 1990s X Men cartoon and Marvel vs Capcom 2 made me love him.

Okay, that makes sense. I guess I'm a bit biased since I've read Cable & Deadpool (and that's basically the extent of my knowledge on the character). I really just didn't want a god-modder on the team.
But he's NPC now, so that's cool! :D

Also... How do you not count Deadpool and Juggernaut into the X-Men Universe? That's where they were born! Deadpool started as a crazy X-Men villain, then slowly worked his way into his own series. They didn't just wake up one day and say, "Hey, let's make this new anti-hero, make him be like flip-side Spiderman, AND he'll get ties to the X-Men!" No, that's not how things work, even in the insanest of comics.

Oh, also, Deadpool was an X-Man for a brief time. Actually during the Civil War tie-in for C&D. Need I remind you of...
http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/deadpool/26.jpg
(Sorry, I wanted to find the freakin' sweet actual costume he wears in the next few pages, but DAMN is that hard to find!)

ImmortalArbiter
09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
They limited the amount of characters on the disc so they can charge us for lots of DLC!!!

Rev. Link
09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
"Ultimate Alliance" would suggest this game takes place in the Ultimate universe eh?

In the Ultimate universe, Juggs is a mutant.

I can see where you may think that, but no. This game is based on the Civil War story arc which happened in the original "616" Marvel Universe a few years back. It is not based in the Ultimate Universe.

On a side note: Stupid Marvel and their stupid other universes! One is enough!

Midnight Malice
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Also... How do you not count Deadpool and Juggernaut into the X-Men Universe? That's where they were born!

I never said they weren't part of the universe, I just said they werent X-Men. It all depends on your definition... When I hear X-Men I think of long standing team members, others think of any character in the X-Universe. Thats where the arguement came from.

Dlark17
09-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Ah, okay.

But, still, they both were... for a time.

So nya! lol