PDA

View Full Version : Euro Cup 2008

dnut24
01-17-2007, 02:49 PM
i'm sure they're are alot more soccer (football) fans on this site, then most i frequent. so just basically checking if anyone is as excited as me. i was very proud of my country, France for their showing this world cup, even though i still have nightmares of their loss against italy. all in all things are going good.

which leads me to a question, that i'm kinda confused of. on the current standings they are showing France to be in second place. yet they have the same record as Scotland and have a higher goal differential.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/standings/round=2241/group=2631.html

am i missing something? is there another factor?

Minty
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Scotland beat France ;)

dnut24
01-17-2007, 03:17 PM
is that why? even goal differential is higher?

England got demolished in World cup and not doing so hot in Euro. ;)

Minty
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
We didnt really get demolished. We didnt go out in the first round ;)

xR33F3Rx
01-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Im american but this is my favorite sport. Yes I call it football not soccer. Barcelona is my favorite FC but I usually go for either France or Poland in nations, because they are my nationalities. Yes it is a odd mix. I always love to play people on fifa, they are never American, and if they are I usually win. And one time I was using the U.S.A. team and beat some kid from U.K. when he was using brasil. We went to the second overtime and i finally won with the score of 2-1! I was so happy! So if anyone is up for fifa add me on xbl, also I;m trying to get PES 07 when it comes out...

dnut24
01-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Im american but this is my favorite sport. Yes I call it football not soccer. Barcelona is my favorite FC but I usually go for either France or Poland in nations, because they are my nationalities. Yes it is a odd mix. I always love to play people on fifa, they are never American, and if they are I usually win. And one time I was using the U.S.A. team and beat some kid from U.K. when he was using brasil. We went to the second overtime and i finally won with the score of 2-1! I was so happy! So if anyone is up for fifa add me on xbl, also I;m trying to get PES 07 when it comes out...

you sure you're not my twin? you're in Fl and love dolphins. i'm from fl and love them. you like france national team also. :woop: add me, i'll play either fifa games any time. i dont have 07 yet.

PerpetualHeaven
01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow, the world cup champs aren't doing so hot. 2-1-1 isn't something to be proud of. France beat them 3-1 it looks like.

Anyways, concering the eurocup i'm wanting to see where Greece goes. Since they're the defending champs, I'm wondering if it was just a fluke.

I'm surprised by how some of these great european teams are ranked. What's with Italy, Portugal, and Spain? I think i'm a little confused. Twilight Zone?

dnut24
01-18-2007, 03:16 PM
yup it was great to see France humiliate italy. what without materazzi cheating they didnt have a chance.

as far as Spain, they've been getting very shitty lately. and Portugal's problem stems from C. Ronaldo's baby cries. that guy is so good, but yet all he does is cry on the field and dive if someone runs next to him.

duffy 91
01-18-2007, 11:44 PM
As for my team Ireland, the side is getting stronger now, with all young players we have now

Its a long way to go with

Germany
Czech Republic
Wales
Faroe Islands
Israel

in the group

dnut24
01-19-2007, 12:04 AM
As for my team Ireland, the side is getting stronger now, with all young players we have now

Germany
Czech Republic
Wales
Faroe Islands
Israel

in the group

the Faroes are in group B with France. :)

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2007, 01:29 AM

Germany
Czech Republic
Wales
Faroe Islands
Israel

in the group

Damn Germany and Czech are amazing teams. That's a tough group.

Webb
01-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Spain for the cup. You heard it here first. I'll put my Adminship on it ;)

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2007, 01:33 AM

Honestly? Nah, I won't take your adminship. but we'll put a gentlemens bet on it :)

Webb
01-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Spain are frickin awesome!

They have two world class keepers in Reina and Casillas. World class defenders like Puyol! The best midfield squad in the world (FACT! Fabregas, Alonso, Albelda, Joaquin, etc, etc) and three world class strikers in Torres, Villa and Raul.

Now thats a team to bet on for it ;) And Gentlemen's bet it is!

Oh and Greece was a fluke people, face it.

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Spain are frickin awesome!

They have two world class keepers in Reina and Casillas. World class defenders like Puyol! The best midfield squad in the world (FACT! Fabregas, Alonso, Albelda, Joaquin, etc, etc) and three world class strikers in Torres, Villa and Raul.

Now thats a team to bet on for it ;) And Gentlemen's bet it is!

Oh and Greece was a fluke people, face it.

Exactly. I know Greece was a fluke. So lucky but they're doing well now. Spain isn't though. Hopefully they get better because they're one of my favourite teams. But they won't win it all.

Webb
01-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Good odds at Spain at the moment. I mean, 3 from 3 is poor, but they will pull it together, they usually do and they are an awesome tournament team. Start strong but fade. A little like England on that front. But I'm still confident Spain can come back, qualify and have a really good tourney.

xR33F3Rx
01-19-2007, 02:28 AM

haha, well i guess they are as good as my buddy from espana explained last night... for 2 hours....:rant:

dnut24
01-19-2007, 02:31 AM

are you serious? i'll take you up. spain will be lucky to make it to the qualifying round.

Webb
01-19-2007, 02:31 AM
An amazing bunch of individual players. Just needs a manager to mould them in to a force. A bit like England but not as unreliable :p

dnut24
01-19-2007, 01:12 PM
you forgot to mention the coach is racist too.

graemelunn
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Webb, you should know better. You know Spain are always pitched as the highly talented dark horse of every tournament. FACT - they choke every time. As much as it pains me to say this, Germany or Italy will win Euro 08 with Portugal as an outside chance.

dnut24
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
graemelunn, italy will not make it out of qualifying round. France and Sctoland will be moving on. go world champs!! :rolleyes:

Webb
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
you forgot to mention the coach is racist too.

Very true and such a disgrace that he is still in his post. Lunn fella, I see your point but I think this crop of players can do good things for them.

Oh and dnut, Scotland moving on? :biglaugh

You seem to be slamming everyone's chances, who do you back?

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Very true and such a disgrace that he is still in his post. Lunn fella, I see your point but I think this crop of players can do good things for them.

Oh and dnut, Scotland moving on? :biglaugh

You seem to be slamming everyone's chances, who do you back?

reading his posts, i'm assuming france.

Webb
01-19-2007, 06:55 PM
France? LMFAO!! Viera is getting old, no Zidane, Thuram is nearly in a zimmer and as for the prodigal Ribery, pffffft, not impressed. They are a one man team..... Henry! But even he doesn't perform on the international stage.

dnut24
01-19-2007, 07:30 PM
is it not obvious? France of coarse!! and i wouldve said the same thing bout scotland in begining of brackets. but they have a tied record with france due to actually beating them on a very good match. even if they wouldnt have beaten france, they'd be ahead of italy. the group is very week except for france and italy. so far only france is holding up to their caliber. with the way italy is playing they will not make it out of the bracket.

*edit*

ehh you beat me to my response. your statements are pretty accurate about the age, although Ribery is more then you think. plus as mentioned Henry can make things happen, he always does. did you see last game? Arsenal vs tot-ham? Arsenal plated 1 man down from 13 mins in. about 70 mins, Henry carried 3 defenders down field when a 4th came passed it off to burn them, and slammed the ball in top corner of net... he's a magician.

mark my word... better yet bet me. france will make it out of qualifying in 1st place and from there we'll have to see whom they're matched against.

graemelunn
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
graemelunn, italy will not make it out of qualifying round. France and Scotland will be moving on. go world champs!! :rolleyes:
I thought they'd have a crap World Cup too - Italy are the new Germany, you just can't write them off.
I hope Scotland qualify - their fans are great to meet up with at any tourney - just for the orange wigs and drinking.

dnut24
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
i will bet on germany over italy any time. italy is good, but there are many teams out there better.

i just got my world cup goals DVD yesterday and watched it. now i havent followed italy prior to this world cup, but they had the shittiest goals, and one of the fewest teams also. they just couldnt put it together but got lucky such as the shitty penalty call vs Australia which they wouldn't have one for that. not to mention materazzi's foul during his header which shouldnt have counted as a goal. i'd suggest any fan of the game pick this DVD up, its pretty awesome.

invincible rob
01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Dunno who'd I'd put my money on for Euro '08, I'd like to say England but lets face it we're wank, I'd like someone to tell me a game during the world cup that England won that wasn't luck.
Portugual and Italy are to the core cheats, Although it was nice to see someone else win the World cup for once, Webby's right France are getting old so I guess that Leaves spain, It would be funny if Spain got booted out in the first leg and Webby had to stand down as Admin so early on.

dnut24
01-22-2007, 02:59 AM
well i'm not writting of spain out of qualifying, but they wont get much further then that. and yes France is aging, but not out of it. and yes i agree with you obviously on the cheating style of italy.

although England has not played very well, Beckham had a cpl fantastic goals last worl cup. i mean he was pretty much on the assist of every goal, and not to forget his awesome free kick from seemingly miles away that made it to back of net. i watched it again on the DVD i got and i was just as amazed now as i was when it happened.