PDA

View Full Version : How to download the Japanese version?

Bloodrune
07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
A kid on my friends list has the game twice on his profilee, one was American and the other was Japanese. Since this is my favorite arcade game I want to download the Japanese version as well to get the achievements twice.

Gyllen Drage
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Create a japanese gamertag with a new email, then put the points for the game on that acount with a credit card and buy it, it will work on your console for you original gamertag.
Acording to wiki the japanese version has the fmv that was taken out of the english versions for space reasons.

neb86
06-19-2010, 02:50 AM
never played the game. what is fmv? full motion video?

THX 1138 4EB
08-04-2010, 03:23 AM
I could really use some help here. I created a Japanese account. Found the game, but I have no option to buy it. I can buy other Japanese arcade titles, but this one will only let me buy pics & themes. Am I missing something here?

ponypo2001
08-12-2010, 04:26 AM
I could really use some help here. I created a Japanese account. Found the game, but I have no option to buy it. I can buy other Japanese arcade titles, but this one will only let me buy pics & themes. Am I missing something here?

You actually need the link just above the one you mention. For some reason it is listed in a weird place. I just bought it a few days ago and had the same problem.

mugginyouoff
08-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Does the game work on all consoles types or just NTSC-J? I have spare Japanese Microsoft points and was thinking about running through SoTN again.

THX 1138 4EB
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
You actually need the link just above the one you mention. For some reason it is listed in a weird place. I just bought it a few days ago and had the same problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by link above. I've looked around and I'm not finding anything. Is the game listed twice? Because the one I found only has 5 downloads for gamer pics and themes. Any help would really be appreciated!

THX 1138 4EB
08-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Actually I finally found it. it was listed 3 times. The one without the artwork I can purchase. Now that's my problem. How do I buy points when it expects a Japanese address for my credit card. Maybe there's a way I can buy the points with my regular account and transfer it to my Japanese account somehow.

THX 1138 4EB
08-14-2010, 02:18 AM
The points cards are only good in the country they are bought in, and I can find no way to transfer points to another account. If someone could tell me how to add points to a Japanese account with an American credit card, I'd really appreciate it.

ponypo2001
08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
The points cards are only good in the country they are bought in, and I can find no way to transfer points to another account. If someone could tell me how to add points to a Japanese account with an American credit card, I'd really appreciate it.

You buy the points from eBay, Play ASIA etc and get the code or card.

Put the points on your Japanese account and buy the game. You will have to fill in a Japanese address but just go to Google and you can easily find a fake address to put in (you may need a mild knowledge of Kanji to do this part but I managed ok with zero knowledge).

Download the game then log out of your japanese account and into your main profile on the same xbox you purchased the game on. You can then play SOTN on your profile but only on the xbox that you purchased it on.

Hope that helps.

THX 1138 4EB
08-15-2010, 12:00 AM
After researching last night, I concluded that the only way was to buy a Japanese points card. Ordered one from play-asia. During my search, I came across a Japanese address for a Dominos pizza in Toyko, I should be able to use that. But I think the providences are listed in Kanji so that take some random guessing.
I appreciate all of your help, I'm determined to make this work!

ponypo2001
08-15-2010, 02:14 AM
After researching last night, I concluded that the only way was to buy a Japanese points card. Ordered one from play-asia. During my search, I came across a Japanese address for a Dominos pizza in Toyko, I should be able to use that. But I think the providences are listed in Kanji so that take some random guessing.
I appreciate all of your help, I'm determined to make this work!

Spotting the Tokyo-to district is actually very easy on the Kanji list and that'll be all you need to get it working. Hope you enjoy the game.

THX 1138 4EB
08-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I found the Kanji for Tokyo, so now I just got to wait for the card.
Sad thing is, this will be the 5th version of this game that I've bought so far. I have the Sega Saturn version so I've already played it in Japanese.
Thanks so much for your help, I was beginning to think I was never gonna be able to get it!

ponypo2001
08-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I found the Kanji for Tokyo, so now I just got to wait for the card.
Sad thing is, this will be the 5th version of this game that I've bought so far. I have the Sega Saturn version so I've already played it in Japanese.
Thanks so much for your help, I was beginning to think I was never gonna be able to get it!
No probs mate. I too have played almost every release of the game and it was still a total pleasure to play it through again. For some reason the game just never gets stale to me.

MaximumTheMugen
08-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Thank you so much ponypo2001 for sending me a link to this forum! I have set up my Japanese account!

THX 1138 4EB
08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Yes, big thanks to ponypo2001! I got my Japanese points card, found a Japanese address online and downloaded the game!

The EliteStick
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
blah, purchased some points off playasia for asian xbl points and apparently the code isnt valid. My messenger account is registered to a japanese postal code too.

This sucks

THX 1138 4EB
08-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Make sure you redeem the points from the XMB menu, not during the purchase. I had the same problem.

MaximumTheMugen
08-28-2010, 07:24 PM
blah, purchased some points off playasia for asian xbl points and apparently the code isnt valid. My messenger account is registered to a japanese postal code too.

This sucks

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but play-asia has points for "Asia" and points for "Japan". Maybe the Asia points are for Korea, China, etc. and the Japan points are only for Japan. Just a thought. I ordered the Japan points a few days ago and I'm eagerly awaiting there arrival.

The EliteStick
09-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah I got the Asia points and not Japan. Bit misleading as Japan is in Asia...

Went for ebay instead and got from a really good seller that emailed me the code straight away. No fuss!

MaximumTheMugen
09-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah I got the Asia points and not Japan. Bit misleading as Japan is in Asia...

Went for ebay instead and got from a really good seller that emailed me the code straight away. No fuss!

It is misleading. I almost got the Asia points myself. That's awesome that they emailed you the points right away, wish I would have done that. I've been checking the mail everyday waiting for my points. They finally arrived today! They took 7 business days snail mail. Makes it seem like an eternity compared to the e-mail option you got.