PDA

View Full Version : Every RPG needs this! Will Borderlands?

Filapano
07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
With 4 player co-op and over 3 million weapons there has to be a way to trade them to other users!!

Does anyone have any idea on how a market is going to be set-up for this game? Will there be select zones that players can sit back and relax for trading? Will there will WoW Auction Houses set up so that your lucky loot drop will have a chance to be snatched by 4957320975u users online?

I'm most likely going to get this game whether there is a trade system or not. But life would be so much easier if someone could just shine a bit of light on this topic.

KFZ Scrubs
08-01-2009, 03:11 AM
I doubt that it'd have anything like that which would warrant an auction house, i'm seeing the coop to be like too human.

InfernoFrY
08-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I seriously doubt it will have some kind of global trade system. You can trade with people who are in co-op with you but this game seems to be one of those where you are swapping out your equipment for better stuff every 10 minutes.

Joker0fLife
08-04-2009, 02:27 PM
this game seems to be one of those where you are swapping out your equipment for better stuff every 10 minutes.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that :)

gutshotenigma
08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
as i recall hearing there will not be any storefront trading as such,
Co op trade is feasible but i don't think they will have P2P trading.

On the weapon front.
i notice you mentioned 3 million weapons.
in a recent preview i read the devs based the weapon count at nearer sixteen million,
BUT......
you will only have access to roughly 2000 spawned per level.

So although there are millions in the game the "Gear Generator" will only make 2000 for each level progression.

But some of the creations it comes up with are crazy,
Been reading stuff like Revolvers that use .50 cal ammo and sniper rifles that fire rockets.
This game is going to be pure fun.

massive world,distinctive art style,millions of weapons,Crazy Weapons,4 player co op, Persistent leveling and more that i can't think of now.

Definite day one buy for me

neok182
08-14-2009, 05:03 PM
theres nothing like WoW for trading weapons.

You can drop, give, and trade weapons with any one that your playing with but thats it.

And i'm sure this will come in handy because theres probably going to be some achievement for collecting over a million guns in one game lol.

middleeastbe4st
08-26-2009, 03:00 AM
If it is like Too Human co-op as previously stated, this game will be absolutely fantastic. Too Human's co-op was very underrated and it would have been even better if 4 players could play simultaneously together like this game is doing. I really think that an auction house is an interesting idea but I'm sure people would find a way to exploit it, which is unfortunate since it seems to have so much potential. Co-op trading however, would be fine as well. Great idea though!

xhunterrrr
08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
There will be no auction house. Not WoW, lol. It would just ruin the value of more unique weapons.

Co-op trading is definitely happening.

As for co-op, there is 2-player splitscreen (offline only). Online you can have up to 4 people. And I believe with system link, it is 4 players with the 2-player splitscreen being implemented there as well.

I love that your character is persistent whether you play offline, online, splitscreen, or system link. Best thing ever.

v SnOwMaN v
08-31-2009, 10:23 AM
I doubt that it'd have anything like that which would warrant an auction house, i'm seeing the coop to be like too human.

They said it's drop in drop out. When they say that I hope they have an in game save system like Fallout 3. Jump in get about 50kills save and leave and go eat.

neok182
08-31-2009, 01:57 PM
They said it's drop in drop out. When they say that I hope they have an in game save system like Fallout 3. Jump in get about 50kills save and leave and go eat.

from everything i've there are 2 different saves for the game. One is your actual progress on your save game. And the second is your character.

Your character save can go in and out of anyone elses game and keep everything that he/she finds in those other peoples games, you also keep the XP and any upgrades you find. And then you can just leave.

However nothing has been said on if it autosaves your character while in another persons game or if you have to do it manually, or if it does it on leaving.

I have a feeling that it autosaves on you leaving the game, or when you go back to yours you'll have to manually save. something along those lines.

Hunty1010
09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I really hope so as this is the game i am most looking forward to this year!

Hunty.

Spawn 0f Hell
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM

They've basically said that the weapon drops will be colour coded like too human as well.

booja03
09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
most likely there will be some form of trading system but with that comes duping issues, look at too human trading for example - theres a forum for trading on too human but most people just dupe the items and th e items lost their value

Hunty1010
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Auction House would be pretty cool though ;D

Hunty.

TrColeTrain
09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I can pretty much guarantee there wont be a trading lobby/system but i'm sure if you're looking for something specific you could use a forum like this one or maybe the official borderlands forum...

sandojoe
09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if you see a lot of trading on a forum system. OMG this game needs to come out soon. :uzi:

WarBound Priest
09-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Not likely. But who knows..... ;)