PDA

View Full Version : Would you: Sell a Game

Spliter Rifle
08-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Would you sell a game if...

1) The next game in the series is out.
2) You are so tired if the game.
3) You want another game but have no money.
4) It has no replay value.
5) The acheivements are so hard.
6) You have all the achievements.

Combine them if you want...

GonzoPoopsmith
08-02-2009, 06:54 AM
I sell games when they stop being fun. Some games, like Halo, Orange Box, and Bioshock, will never leave. Others, like BulletWitch, lasted a day. I just don't see the point in holding onto something if I'm never going to use it, especially when I can put it towards new games.

v SnOwMaN v
08-02-2009, 07:22 AM

Yes to all except I haven't sold a game in about 2 years.

exit9500
08-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes to 3 and 4, and maybe to 6. For me to say yes to 3 though it would have to be a game I don't like very much and the game I was getting I really want. 6 depends on replay value and how much I like the game.

Teh BeZ
08-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I've only traded in 3 games and I'm planning on getting 2 back to finish the achievments .

They are wolverine and star wars tfu - which leaves out terminator which I don't wanna see again :P

master_shake_350
08-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I have sold one game. I don't now why I sold it though.

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I dont sell games, I just have that pack rat mentality, Like what if I need it?

like I could trade in my RE5 since I got 1000/1000, but them Im like what if they come out with a new mission?, or versus becomes free?

Plus the money you get for selling them is crap at stores, and I dont want to bother with other methods

MJGB
08-02-2009, 11:31 AM

1) No. Because I've only recently completed COD2 and COD4 on veteran and I have many prequels without all the gamerscore. Plus, when you get a couple of quid for a game, might as well keep it.

2) I will probably trade it with a friend, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

3) Save up. Depends, If i wanted MW2 and couldn't afford, I would happily trade in or sell COD4 to help fund it.

4) I keep games like Lost Via Domus just because I enjoyed the games. I might not play it again but I like to keep tangible memories.

5) Just strives me to get them. I once told myself I wouldn't get achievements such as Veteran on the COD series or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on Realistic but I strived and achieved. Hard achievements just give more replayability.

6) You buy games for the enjoyment, not the achievements and so I'll still be playing whether I've got none or all of the achievements.

TriRock
08-02-2009, 11:39 AM

1) Makes no difference to me.
2) I let it sit for a while and come back later for it. Might be days, might be months.
3) I work for a living. Or I would, if I wasn't laid off. Anyways, money's not the issue, since I buy almost all games second hand through the Interent for 5-20.
4) That is a good point, so yes.
5) As in 2. Some insane MP achievements such as FEAR2 and Ao2 don't interest me though, so I traded them away.
6) I sell all games I finished. Sometimes I wait a little to see if new DLC comes up. Mass Effect is the only game I finished and still have.

Maktok
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
4 and 6, I like to get all the achievements for a game and if I have done that with a game which has next to no replay value than I'd definitely sell it or swap it out for another game.

VladimirK
08-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Where's the option for "No"?

I just keep mine.
I'm one of those people that think everything will eventually come in handy. :p:biglaugh

MrWarEagle34
08-02-2009, 02:53 PM

Those are the only two reasons i need. I sell games all the time I'm selling Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Prototype next. When I go to pre-order COD: Modern Warfare 2

Daiphyer.
08-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I wish I could sell ...

Tom115
08-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I recently sold all my games I had no intention of playing again so I went from like 45 games down to about 15. I just don't see the point in having games I'm NEVER going to even put into my Xbox again.

Sizzlebuzz
08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Nope. I keep all my games so someday I can have a decent collection. That, and reselling is basically pointless unless you do it online. The most gamestop gives is 15 dollars, and that's only for a brand new game.

Purge
08-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I do not sell games. Just seems like a waste of money if your selling a game you payed 40 to the same company you bought it off for about 10% of the price.

Hudson888
08-02-2009, 05:20 PM
yes to all of those except 5, but usually i trade them in to get a new one, cause i dont like spending 40 on a game.

Xedoss
08-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I rarely sell a game. I do trade with friends some times, but i keep most.

xboxedout
08-03-2009, 12:28 AM

I've sold games for all the above...I think. Kinda hard to remember all the reasons.

Nerotic Shadows
08-03-2009, 02:35 AM

I generally have an obsession to own all the games in a particular series which I like, so no.
I often would used to, but then later regretted it and bought it back. So no, unless I'm CERTAIN I never want to play it again.
Depends on how much both of the games meaned to me.
Depends on how much I enjoyed it. I keep Dead Space and Prince of Persia for example, because one day, the beck of dawn will call and I'll want to play them again.
No, I like getting achievements as much as the next guy and will go out of my way for them, but it's no reason not to trade in a game, particularly if it's good.
Well, I only tend to get 100% on games I REALLY loved, and there's often a chance it'll have replay valueor I may want to play through it again at some stage.

I used to trade in quite a lot, now I've got into a habit of collecting almost.

Snaek
08-03-2009, 02:42 AM
I sell games when they stop being fun. Some games, like Halo, Orange Box, and Bioshock, will never leave. Others, like BulletWitch, lasted a day. I just don't see the point in holding onto something if I'm never going to use it, especially when I can put it towards new games.

That's pretty much how I feel. If I feel the game has no replayability left in it, it's gone.

Sal Sandoval
08-03-2009, 02:47 AM
yeah sell games on like ebay or something cause Gamestop basically tells you to bend over and let them fist you while they rip you off and give you like 99 cents for a game

SetsunaFSeiei
08-03-2009, 03:37 AM

1. It depends, i love Gundam so i kept DW Gundam, when DW Gundam 2 came out, however i cant say the same for Warriors Orochi

2. Nope, i keep it and ill wait until i have an urge to play it

3. I will however i want to make sure if have done all i wanted with the game

4. Yup, im about to trade it a couple DS games as well

5. Nope , ill still go for them , if theirs achievements i can still get then im keeping it

6. Depends ... One player games or Multiplayer games im tired of (like L4D once i get 1000)

v_thorne
08-03-2009, 03:40 AM

I generally only sell games when I have to.
Take for instance, I didn't want to have to pay full price for GH:WT, and I wanted to pick that one up and Smash Hits.
So I took some games I hardly ever played, and some that had no replay value.

I wouldn't ever trade one in just because it's achievements are "too hard". But I do sell the ones that I've completed 100%, unless I'm expecting DLC.

antnie
08-03-2009, 03:46 AM
I would never sell any of my games.

Melanopterus
08-03-2009, 03:48 AM
If I stop enjoying a game I don't see a reason to keep it. Certain games I might want a break from but I know I'll miss them so they never go. Some games though once I've beaten them and gotten the achievements I care about bye bye

HellzDream
08-03-2009, 11:22 AM
When a game get's old or I get all the achievements it's sold in my opinion.