PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carruci lost his mind?

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2007, 06:09 PM
So I was reading this Q&A type deal where people emailed Vic Carruci and asked him questions. Here are two that astounded me. The LT, I may be able to agree to some degree except I feel like Barry Sanders is the best running back of all-time. Debatable but read:

" I have never been a Patriots fan, nor will I ever be. But for the past two years, my opinion of Tom Brady has done nothing but grow to utter respect and awe for his amazing talent. No matter how many incredible receivers he may lose, he continually finds a way to win year after year. Not to take any credit away from Bill Belichick for his amazing coaching skills, but am I incorrect in saying that we may be witnessing the best quarterback to ever play the game? -- Tod B.
You are correct.
Brady already has earned being mentioned in the same breath as Joe Montana. If he leads the Patriots to a fourth Super Bowl victory, especially with his current supporting cast (or lack thereof), he legitimately could be considered better than Montana or any other quarterback who has played the game.
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what he did in the divisional-round game. He led the Patriots out of a deep hole to victory against the Chargers, who on talent were the best team in the NFL this season. Only a quarterback worthy of consideration as the greatest to play the game could do something like that. "

Tom brady the best ever? Nuh-uh. I don't care what anyone says, he is not the best QB of all-time. Yes, Brady has a lot of rings but why should that make him the best QB? It's a team game. I admit he has some pretty good heroics, but that's like saying Adam Vinateri is the best kicker of all-time because he performed so well in the postseason. Just doesn't make sense to me. Personally, best QB in the league right now is Peyton Manning. He has an amazing arm with pinpoint accuracy and field vision. I admit he has no ring but does that mean he isn't better then Tom Brady?

People have compared Brady to Joe Montana who's a phenomenal QB and one of the best that ever graced the field. Has rings suddenly meant everything?

"Do you think when it's all said and done, will LaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235249) be the greatest back to play in the NFL? -- Pierre E.
Yes.
I have never seen a more consistently explosive athlete at any position, let alone running back. He runs with the greatest combination of speed, power, balance, elusiveness and instincts I have ever witnessed in a back. I never saw Jim Brown run in person, but I have seen enough of him on film to make a comparison I never thought I would dare to make.
Brown was the greatest player at the position. Tomlinson is greater.
I'm not just focusing on what Tomlinson did this season. I'm basing it on all of his six NFL seasons. But this season was beyond remarkable. This season, Tomlinson took what was already a great career to not just another level but to another planet. "

I don't know how much I can agree with this. He's an amazing HB and sometimes I wonder if he's human. I don't know if he's going to be the best ever. I still feel like Barry Sanders is the best in my opinion or Jim Brown. Those guys were just amazing.

So do you guys think we're witnessing the best in their positions or is it all just over-hype?

Shaaady Souljah
01-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Tomlinson could very well be the greatest RB ever. He has never had a full supporting cast until the last couple of years, yet he always produced... even when he was a 1st or 2nd year man, and the Defense would stuff the box to stop him, knowing he was the only threat--he would produce. He is a freak of nature. Can run around you or through you.

Barry Sanders also had absolutely NO supporting cast. He was amazing--i take pride in my Vikes having the most success stopping him--and that often meant he still scored or had 80+yards. No one had the change of direction of Barry. But he could not plow through people like Tomlinson can.

If Tomlinson sticks around to continue to destroy records...then yes, he will be the greatest ever hands down.

Tom Brady? Benefits from a brilliant coach and game plan. He is clutch--i will give him that. Rings DO matter, but they do not determine if you are better than someone else. Peyton Manning is the greatest QB currently playing, and like Tomlinson, if he gets some rings and/or keeps destroying the record books he will be the greatest ever hands down. Do you really think Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne would be studs on another team? I have watched them and they (mostly just Wayne) drop a lot of balls he puts on the numbers. Manning makes his team mates better, but so does Brady. Manning is better--no doubt.