PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions.

Cav Clayton
08-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Another 'recommend me' thread, I know..

Since Splinter Cell has been delayed yet again, I want something other than MW2 this year.
Since my brother is buying ACII, I was thinking of getting an RPG.

Anyway, I want an RPG that is very time-consuming yet has lots of re-playability.
Any suggestions are welcome but something along the lines of a 'Diablo' style rpg would be good.

Also had a look at Lost Odyssey, looks great but I'm a little uncertain as I've never really played a JRPG.

Also PC-only suggestions are welcome ;)

EDIT: Should probably mention games I have:
Mass Effect
Oblivion
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Too Human

v_thorne
08-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Honestly, I love Lost Odyssey.

I'm 60+ hours into it and on the final disc, but I still have to finish leveling up all of my characters and finding the items I missed.
It is incredibly time consuming and has replayability due to the fact you learn new skills and can use new items, ect.

Don't let the fact that it's a J-RPG throw you off. It's a damn good story too.

Cav Clayton
08-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I honestly just don't like their gameplay.
Still, thanks for the contribution ;)

v_thorne
08-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, the 360 doesn't have any non J-RPG Diablo style RPGs that are time consuming.

You can try Too Human, but it sucks ass.

HellzDream
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
You've pretty much got all the RPG games I can think of. So I say wait till Mass Effect 2.

NightUlf
08-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah I was going to suggest Too Human, it is the closet your going to get.
And the fact that it can be found cheap now can only help. ;)
It is not to everyones tastes, I have only recently started playing it, and the camera is really bugging me, but the rest is enjoyable so far. :p

Otherwise you have all the best long time RPGs, I can only think of JRPGs now.

Cav Clayton
08-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Forgot to put Too Human in my list.
And I actually enjoyed it.
Got boring eventually, but was fun.

Mass Effect 2 I am getting no doubt.
I was recently looking in to Dragon Age: Origins.
It's Bioware so quality won't be a problem, but I'm a little skeptical.

Daiphyer.
08-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm looking forward to Alpha protocol, if you can wait for 2 months, I recommend you get it.

oDrPepper
08-03-2009, 12:09 PM
There's borderlands in November if you don't insta-hate it just for the graphics. -_-

Qonok
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Actually the 'closest' that can be gotten to a Diablo type rpg game would be Sacred. Sacred Gold on the PC (which is the first one) or Sacred 2 on pc or 360/PS3.

Unterofficer
08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
You mentioned that we can recommend PC-rpgs also. Well as you have all the good rpgs for Xbox I suggest that you buy yourself Baldurs Gate for PC. It’s the best rpg ever from Bioware (Which stands for quality in rpg-firms.), and it’s so old, that you can buy a both of the Gates with additional content for 20€.
Great game, I loved it, and around here in Finland it is one of the national videogames (Hating it is considered a crime.)