PDA

View Full Version : Like Oblivion??

Tigersmu23
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Ok I loved Oblivion and I heard this is somewhat like oblivion? is that true?

Zef
01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Nowhere near.

If Oblivion was England, Enchanted Arms would be Alpha Centauri. I even worked out the maths.

Oblivion is more an adventure RPG. Enchanted Arms is more of a storyline RPG.

Oblivion has a huge explorable environment. Enchanted Arms has a nice map screen.

Oblivion has a huge firey demon monster. Enchanted Arms has someone's arm.

You might guess I preferred Oblivion =D Enchanted Arms is still a good game, just not that much like Oblivion.

Shaaady Souljah
01-20-2007, 12:03 AM
whoever said that to you was simply referring to the fact that they are both rpgs. and so they have the same skeleton/framing...but different "guts". :p

hp/mp, leveling, choice of where to go, character development, etc... similar ideas just different ways to execute them in each game.

chewy
01-20-2007, 01:57 AM
A better analogy for enchanted arms would be the final fantasy series. Very much like those games.

Tyger7
01-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Enchanted Arms is a turned based RPG like Final Fantasy. You are on a set path and set storyline. You cannot change any of your characters appearence. You have other characters that you get while in this storyline.

Oblivion is the next game after Morrowind, for the original xbox. It's an exploration/quest based game. You run around and do what you please, whenever you please. It is totally up to you how you look. You are by yourself. Good luck! Go to IGN.com and look at the gameplay videos, you will see what we mean.

daewezzy
03-26-2007, 05:28 AM
If this is anything like oblivion, i am sure ill get it. Oblivion = Action/RPG
Enchanted Arms = Classic RPG

Dirty Dee KC
03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
is this like final fantasy then?

highpass
03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
As Tyger said (3 posts up):

Enchanted Arms is a turned based RPG like Final Fantasy. You are on a set path and set storyline.

;)

Dirty Dee KC
03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
lol yeah i should read others posts more often. i think i may rent this in the near future to check it out.

TuSeMorte
04-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I enjoyed the game. But i have to agree it is nothing like oblivion and it is alot like fina fantasy. Its very linear.