PDA

View Full Version : What is your most memorable "Damn i got owned" moments?

oXStarKillerXo
08-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Pretty simple question.

I tasted the bitter flavour of being owned when i climbed the lighthouse on Iwo Jima.:woop:
So I knew there was a sniper & exactly where he was sitting. Climbing to the top and held the sprint button for some reason.
lol i ran directly in front of him and he saw me.
It shocked him and he started backing up across the roof, reloading his weapon.
I would have had him... if I had not fallen back down the hole with the ladder to the very bottom and my inevitable death.:uzi:
no doubt he was laughing as much as i was at the stupidity in it.
I'm sure everyone has been owned at least once in this game. so share your stories.

MarcoPolo360
08-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I was just flying around in my plane on Guadalcanal and all of a sudden a rocket comes out of nowhere and blows me into 5 billion pieces... My jaw hit the floor.

OctagonQontrol
08-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Must've been some dumb maneuvre I made on Air Superiority; was being chased by some person and the only way to go was under the overhanging rock in the middle. Just as I was about to clear it, another enemy had the same idea and flew right into me. Yet, the game gave me 20 points for killing him and his plane. Just a fraction of a second later, the enemy that chased me, flew into my wreckage, killing him and his plane and another 20 points for me.

It was by luck I was using the outside view for a moment else would've missed the 2nd collision entirely...:woop:

KNUCKS x360a
08-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Mine was a one in a million I think!

I bailed out of my Plane to capture the first base of the game, as I'm Free-Falling (which I do untill quite late to avoid fire) -
- An enemy pilot had done the same...

I was just about to deploy the chute when SPLAT! - His damn 'Un-manned' aircraft Slams me in mid-air, whilst falling at terminal velocity from a couple thousand feet!..

Couldn't do that again if I tried! - Bet he was seriously WTF'ing!! :p

SevDelta
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Must've been some dumb maneuvre I made on Air Superiority; was being chased by some person and the only way to go was under the overhanging rock in the middle. Just as I was about to clear it, another enemy had the same idea and flew right into me. Yet, the game gave me 20 points for killing him and his plane. Just a fraction of a second later, the enemy that chased me, flew into my wreckage, killing him and his plane and another 20 points for me.

It was by luck I was using the outside view for a moment else would've missed the 2nd collision entirely...:woop:

How is this considered "getting owned"? Read the thread before you post next time.

Tieg
08-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Last night.....playing at Wake island. I go to capture a flag and I see this guy standing at the corner of a building looking away from me. There is a open doorway to his rear right where he is standing. I think to myself...achievement...all I have to do is walk up behind him to melee his butt. So I step up to him and just as I go to mash the button some dude steps out of that doorway behind me and melees me.

Push green button, shut down console, go to bed lol. All in that order lol.

OctagonQontrol
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
How is this considered "getting owned"? Read the thread before you post next time.
Guess you're right... :(

mechbeast01
08-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Mine would have to be when I was playing on Wake Island and I'm in a car driving full speed towards the air bunker trying to get there before the guy in the bunker gets out. I'm launched through the air as I go up the hill and while I'm in the air he must have come out because the next second my car exploded.

KNUCKS x360a
08-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Guess you're right... :(

Although, you've redeemed yourself now OctagonQontrol!

We'l take In-Thread Ownage! :p

xD12xSTicKNasTY
08-06-2009, 01:28 AM
I don't know about one time, but over the course of playing the game, I have been head shotted with every weapon while playing or spawning. One time I even got headshot with a noobtube while flying a plane, but the plane didn't blow up. Just to clarify, I've been headshot with a knife, bayonet, katana, wrench, pistol, sniper, rifle, sub-machine gun, rocket, noob tube, and the best one of all... a grenade, yes thats right, a grenade. I said WTF a million times. I wish they had a killcam.

MarcoPolo360
08-06-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't know about one time, but over the course of playing the game, I have been head shotted with every weapon while playing or spawning. One time I even got headshot with a noobtube while flying a plane, but the plane didn't blow up. Just to clarify, I've been headshot with a knife, bayonet, katana, pistol, sniper, rifle, sub-machine gun, rocket, noob tube, and the best one of all... a grenade, yes thats right, a grenade. I said WTF a million times. I wish they had a killcam.
Grenade headshot?? lmao that's a new one

Ulquiorra14405
08-13-2009, 05:32 AM
i'd say my best getting owned moment was when me and an enemy bailed outta planes and our planes splattered eachother (his hit me and mine hit him) i then spawn at the airfield(wake island) and get air raided the second i spawn cause my team let them get it >.>

pined5551
08-14-2009, 01:18 AM
I've had a few, doesnt matter how good you are sometimes you just get bad luck.

I was on Guardcanal (best map), trying to re-take the central flag on the hill between the big base and the bunker. I killed 3 people, go me! area clear.... half way to caping the flag a tank comes up the hill, i guess we must have both thought we were teamates cos i didn't run and he didn't shoot. So anyway, i'm stood there looking directly down the tank's main gun......BOOOM!!!.....Palm meets face, lol.

KNUCKS x360a
08-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I had one yesterday...

I managed the luckiest Tank shot of my life, by shooting down a low flying Airplane! - Sweet! :)

Only to see its flaming wreckage come spinning out of the sky and SMACK into my Tank, killing me instantly!..:(

APX
08-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I was watching one of my clan mates shoot down a enemy plane with a tank shell, I ran towards the tank to repair it, seeing as my other clan mate in the plane took it out while it went up to get away from the shells/axle gun, I suddenly went to the death screen... yup... I died from the falling body of the plane. :(

Pandagames org
09-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I looked up and saw 3 planes. So I knew bombs were coming. They hit all around me so I look up and BAM it hit me right on. Another time I respawn walk for 2 seconds and BAM an airplanes missile hits my dead on! Bombs just hate me :(

Spartan BJW
09-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Let's see, my team was getting their asses handed to them on Iwo Jima, so I could select was squad spawn. Problem is, my only squadmate was in a tank that he just refused to move; he's just sitting there blasting at people a mile away. So I spawn in the gunner's seat, and BOOM! sniper-headshot. I spawn again, BOOM! sniper-headshot. This vicious (and retarded) cycle repeated itself about 3 more times until my team captured a base. :mad:

its delicious
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm a camping sniper, so I've dealt out more than my fair share of cross-town headshots. (So unfair!) But I had to laugh last night when an opponent and I pulled our triggers at the same time and simultaneously killed each other. "... Awesome!"

its delicious
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I liked it last night when I spawned right into a Scout's swinging katana. That guy got two kills with one swing. :|

siderinc
03-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Oenrd somr onrldr/// two guys waiting at air raid to redeploy i shot them , two jhead shot and a second later i could take the air raid killing another 4 ..

but when i came out.. head shot.. :(

that505guy
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I jumped down a cliff just to land into a gangbang so-to-say....

Litteraly got raped... i threw down my c-4 but couldnt activate it...

Beardyboo
03-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I have a few,

First one was I was having a dogfight and i got out before death ensued. floated back to land, turned around and a grenade landed next to me. BOOM! But the best bit was it was they from the plane, he jumped out later and threw the grenade! Such a lucky shot but defo has claims for pwn of the year!

edw211
03-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I was once driving a tank right up to the lip of a bridge the second it got destroyed... my tank fell into a ravine and exploded... =(

Or, the time I was in a Mustang and was getting owned by a Zero in a dogfight cause of the maneuverability advantage; I parachuted out only to have his wingman fly right into me, guns blazing.

SWAGGART
04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I was on top of the lighthouse and got wipe out by a Zero machine gun, Definitly a sick kill for him/her and a memorable "owned" moment for me lol.

Zach-r
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Worst moment was when i paid 1200 ms points just to find out EA lacks enough servers for everyone to play. I got own3d seriously. lol

pined5551
04-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Nothing quite like emptying a whole SMG clip at a sniper who is mid way through sharging you with his Jap sword, only to miss with every shot and then get meleed, lololololol.

Mr Mangaman
05-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I was on wake island on my way to the beach when a flaming plane wing comes out of nowhere crushes me i was like wtf lol

also the time when i ran into an ememy base and got gang-banged by the entired enemy
team and i mean all 12 players

h4rl3n
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Well, this isn't me getting owned but just recently on Iwo Jima as Imperials I had jumped into one of the planes, wrecked one of their pilots on the way to their base... came back towards one of the flags and I see 5 guys going up the hill, strafe 3 guys and plopped a bomb on the last 2.

Just one of those moments I wish I had a video camera or something ;)

Bag o Beefcake
06-19-2010, 03:58 AM
when i just started playing i shot at a tank with the bazooka. I expexted it to blow up. Instead, the tank hit me with a shell. I flew.

echX
08-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Had the best "I got pwned" moment ever just last night. It was awesome! :woop:

I was in a machinegun bunker on top of the mountain on Iwo Jima when I was sniped by a Japaneese sniper who was on top of the Lighthouse. To exact revenge I spawned and made my way by jeep fast to the lighthouse and started to climb the ladder. Half way I see the sniper coming down on the ladder so I get of on the middle floor and shoot him(1) dead with my SMG :AR15

On my way down again I see another japaneese soldier entering the lighthouse but he does'nt see me on the ladder. I jump down and shoot him(2) too. Outside are two other soldiers capturing the flag. I toss out a granade and kill them(3-4) as well, I'm on a roll here! :Bounce: I've like never killed anyone with a granade before :p

Another(!) enemy enter the lighthouse and a tank is rolling up outside behind him starting blazing shells into the lighthouse. I don't know how I survive, but I manage to shoot the enemy(5) soldier dead, pulling out my bazooka shooting the tank once. Another soldier enter the lighthouse, how many enemies are there I wonder, pulling my SMG killing him(6) as well, still not dead from the tank shells. When he falls my bazooka is reloaded so I kill the tank(7) as well, thinking this had to be my most stressful killingspree EVER in BF1943. I just killed no less than seven enemies in a matter of minutes, but it felt like an eternity. I made some good scores as well from defending the flag.

The next second the very first sniper(nr 1) I killed in the lighthouse stabs me in the back. Apparently he must have respawned, grabed a plane, panachuted onto the lighthouse and climbed down behind me in the midst of the shootout, ninja stylez :p

It was marvelous! :drunk

SevenSidedRubixKube
10-09-2010, 03:24 PM
On the Iwo Jima map, I was on the USMC team, Infantry class, flying a plane, I bombed the lighthouse i the attempt to kill a sniper who was protecting the pass to Mount Surabachi (tell me if I spelt that wrong, please). Anyway I bombed the lighthouse, destroyed the top, but the sniper survived, I flew past the moutain, when 2 Zeros came, and started to screw up my plane, so I bailed on the lighthouse saw the sniper and unloaded my Thompson:uzi:, and missed:eek: all but 1 shot which alerted him to turn around and no-scope me. I almost cried.

its delicious
10-11-2010, 01:18 AM
... I bailed on the lighthouse saw the sniper...
I am actually impressed by this. The rest of your tale doesn't help. :D