PDA

View Full Version : Toys R' Us breaking release date?

Co1d
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Well, I am not sure if this is a miss print or an actually real, but I received my paper and I went through the ads. I saw Toys R' Us and thought, "Why not?" I flipped to the date and saw at the top upper right corner of the page "In Stores Tuesday!" I look to the right of the column and sure as shit I see the Xbox 360 Wolfenstein with the bluish Nazi Skeleton General with 'Wolfenstein' in red letters and with and ESRB of 'M'. I do realize that you know what the box art looks like, but I am so excited and I wanted to be detailed. I will post an URL in a few minutes so I can prove the statement above. Hope this gets some hype!

The link to the ad: http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Exane22
08-03-2009, 04:31 PM
You would think they would learn their lesson. They pulled this with Bioshock and got in some trouble for it.

KostinKid
08-03-2009, 04:51 PM
It says 8/8/2009 but it also says in stores Tuesday.More than likely a typo but I will be there on tuesday or at least call and see.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3690&stc=1&d=1249318176

Co1d
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
It says 8/8/2009 but it also says in stores Tuesday.More than likely a typo but I will be there on tuesday or at least call and see.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3690&stc=1&d=1249318176

Ya, I am going to be there at 10 AM tomorrow to see if it is true. I work in retail part time so I know the basic in's and out's of retail stores. I am thinking more than likely stores are already getting the copies in stores.

The only reason they pushed the release date back is because they wanted to release the game simultaneously world wide.

So, reasoning tells me that the U.S. was going to receive the game first, but when the news went down about the delay the manufacture sent out what they already and kept going to meet up with what Raven and ID software promised.

Regardless, I will be there. If they don't have it I will provide them with the newspaper I received. I will also print out the Toys R' Us page with "Wolfenstein in stores Tuesday 8/8/09."

If they try to cover themselves I will complain. Probably once reaching the highest manager I will come up with a sad sappy store of how my brother has pancreas cancer and is now receiving radiation treatment. Cry on site and tell them it was is favorite game and now that he has this disease he is afraid he won't live to play it.

Hopefully I don't ave to go that far, but when you see an ad of your favorite game of all time saying it will be out a week or so before it should be I would hope you would take all measures to obtain a copy.

:woop:

KostinKid
08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
If they try to cover themselves I will complain. Probably once reaching the highest manager I will come up with a sad sappy store of how my brother has pancreas cancer and is now receiving radiation treatment. Cry on site and tell them it was is favorite game and now that he has this disease he is afraid he won't live to play it.

Lol.
Post in here if you have any luck getting a copy(even if you have to cry;)) and I will do the same.

Co1d
08-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Lol.
Post in here if you have any luck getting a copy(even if you have to cry;)) and I will do the same.

Gotcha bud.

I noticed something when I looked at the ad. It says, "Thru 8/8/09" I wonder if it is just through Saturday???!!!???

Well, I took off ealr this morning to get to my nearest Toys R' Us.

That's a no go good buddy.

They literally had a sign that said it wasn't available until the 18th.

Now it's time to call and cause some havoc.

At the store I work at when a customer calls in to confirm something was there and/or put on hold and they say they spoke with someone on the previous day that told them that whatever product they wanted was there. It can cause a lot of confusion and if the manager doesn't have a spin they will cough up anything to get you to shut up.

So, I wonder if I can get them to cough up a copy.

Highly doubt it, but ya never know.

braedinfalln86
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
damn. screw toys are us. Dumbass's. i want that game, NOW

sweatdog
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Will a few more days really kill you guys!

It was a screw up. You know it, I know it, they know it. There are plenty of things in the fine print of these papers that'll get them out of any legal responsibilities to release the game early. I suspect you just want to have a few days where you can brag that you got the game before anyone else. Still, to the guy that wanted to use the cancer story I just have to say...

Karma can be a bitch! Watch yourself.

Nectrosis
08-13-2009, 01:03 AM
anyway back on subject...my local game store in the UK has a huge sign outside that says the 14th of august...il check it out and let u guys know! <3

chron1c
08-13-2009, 04:12 AM
hi first time poster long time lurker as this is the first day I made this account. I just want to take everyone here on the site for the hard work that done with achievements and such.

Anyway I went to my local Target and saw that they have started to sell the game, although the 360 and PS3 versions were sold out at all the locations around my area (which is like 5 targets) they did have the PC version in stock. I got mine from a mom and pop gamestore.

Hope that helps ya guys out trying to get the game early!

Darc Army
08-13-2009, 04:31 AM
is it good?

mortikia
08-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I will be getting my copy for the 360 today, I had a friend call me earlier today saying that they have copies and he will be putting one aside for me to pick up after im done work.

Hope it is as good as the others :)

Teh BeZ
08-13-2009, 11:38 AM
WOLFENSTEEEEIIIIIIN WOOOOOOOO !!!

i am aware of how unhelpful that is , and i do apologise :P

Diaxen
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Game is out on the internet if you have a modded 360.

FakePlasticTree
08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Lots of places are breaking the street date on this. I saw it this afternoon in a shop.

Ink129
08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
But the release date for Europe is tomorrow (Friday 14th) right? Tothegame.com says 21st of August and I'm hoping they are wrong...

mortikia
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
As I had said before, once I get off work Im picking up the game at my friends store.

**I have it now, and am playing the game - only thing im going to say is shoot them in the neck and watch what happens :p, also this game owns**