PDA

View Full Version : The Next Lego Game?

martnic
08-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I've Been a Gears fan for a fair while now plus my wife likes it to (she's not very good but she try's, bless her).

We've get a small collection of GoW stuff like posters/pictures, figures, a gold lancer etc

But while on Ebay (the devils bane) she found this..........
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lego-STAR-WARS-HALO-GEARS-OF-WAR-MARCUS-FENIX_W0QQitemZ400064874520QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C onstruction_Toys_Kits?hash=item5d25b98818&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

And fell in love..........

I thought, what a great idea for a game.

What do you guy's think?

Personally I think it's a great idea, but I just can't see the ratings board letting us chainsaw a lego locust.

jaysfan14
08-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Lol that would be awesome. But yeah i cant see anyone letting a kids toy mix with a graphic violent video game. But I guess you never know cuz Star wars wasn't all that innocent, neither are the new batman movies, or the old indiana jones (indie was pretty much a man-whore and people ripping other peoples hearts out is kinda gross for a 7 year old). So i guess its possible, and Marcus chainsawing another legos legs from his body wouldn't be that much different than Chewbacca pulling the arms off of other legos. But i guess we will have to see, cuz the only problem would be lego supporting the gears of war games.

Zainy521
08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Awsome idea! why don't they make this game instead of lego rock band is beyond me.

Coadster1
08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't see this happening. :( Not saying, it's not possible or I don't want it to happen. But you have to remember that the LEGO games, are kind of geared to a younger age group and families...and the last time I checked Gears wasn't family friendly. lol. The next LEGO game I would guess after LEGO Rock Band and the new remake of LEGO Indiana Jones would be LEGO Spider Man.

YoungFate
08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Lego is doing Harry Potter, and Indiana Jones 2

Lego Gears would be awesome, Just would not be any blood

Pull up the chainsaw and they fall apart, all the other games use guns why would this deter this game?

Coadster1
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe cause parents would reflect on the real Gears of War, and just because it's rated M, they wouldn't let their child have it. Also because LEGO Gears of War don't exist. There are LEGO's of Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, no Gears. No Gears yet at least

Pheonix_Assassin
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I might pick up LEGO Rock Band depending on its Track List =)

But a LEGO version of Halo or Gears Of War would be awesome ;)

Exane22
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I may be mistaken, but haven't all of the LEGO games been multiplatform as well? If they did a Gears version then it would be exclusive, making it much less likely to happen. It would be pretty bad ass though :)

Sith_Lords
08-03-2009, 09:25 PM
That would be quite awesome, though this would surely only kick off a whole line, from Lego: Halo to Lego: Prototype... mind you if you can have Lego Rock Band anythign is possible I suppose

elephantd
08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I may be mistaken, but haven't all of the LEGO games been multiplatform as well? If they did a Gears version then it would be exclusive, making it much less likely to happen. It would be pretty bad ass though :)
agreed.

I would buy it if they did though.

Pheonix_Assassin
08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
LEGO Fifa 2010 anyone? lol

nickrobbins
08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
i don't think anyone should get ther hopes up for lego games that aren't family friendly,

lego ghostbusters anyone?

Coadster1
08-03-2009, 11:12 PM

Soooo true. I had totaly forgot about that.

Pheonix_Assassin
08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Family Friendly ???? I think i speak for most when you want a Lego Locusts head to pop off with Lego blood gushing out in block form ;) lol

A 2rue boofer
08-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I think lego would ruin the game because lego's are meant to be for kids and gears are not for kids.

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Well, i remember reading about them doing a lego halo a while back in a game informer i got, but i doubt they're still working on it because it's been a year without hearing any news from them. I'd like to play a lego gears of war though, mainly because i love playing gears of war and love to see lego brutes explode into tiny pieces when i chainsaw them.

Xedoss
08-04-2009, 09:24 AM
I think Lego Harry Potter could be awesome. But what I really want is Lego LOTR. That would be sweet.

Or Lego Stargate.

Sith_Lords
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I think Lego Harry Potter could be awesome. But what I really want is Lego LOTR. That would be sweet.

Or Lego Stargate.

QFT. Lego Stargate would be awesome. Any Stargate 360 game would be awesome. Any Stargate game would be awesome. Damnit I want a Stargate game!

vv uk garf vv
08-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Or Lego Stargate.

couldn't agree more :)

Royle
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
There are loads and loads of threads on this sort of thing guys I can't really see Halo, Gears or FIFA coming to a LEGO game tbh. It's going to be something like Harry Potter/Spiderman/ETC

Xraye
08-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I want a Lego X-men game. So many characters.

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Lol, what if they had a lego football (american) when every time you tackle somebody really hard with the hit stick, they lose a body part or something. And when they get injured for a long period of time (like the rest of the season) they get shattered into a million pieces... that'd be funny,lol.
I can't really see a lego sport game though.

Sith_Lords
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I would imagine the logical next choice would be Spiderman, as their is already Spiderman lego sets

Pheonix_Assassin
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I would imagine the logical next choice would be Spiderman, as their is already Spiderman lego sets

I think i would actually get that one if the Demo impressed me since Spiderman LEGO would be cool =)

Daiphyer.
08-04-2009, 12:31 PM

There is Lego set for everything, I've even seen a master chief one(not the whole set, just a character) and I don't think Tt will go on to get a license from ANOTHER game, that would be lame. (wow rhyme lol)

Bleeding Star
08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
LEGO XMen/Spiderman should be the next game

LEGO Gears would suck

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
LEGO XMen/Spiderman should be the next game

LEGO Gears would suck
I don't think that it'd suck.
I mean, it could be quite fun.
Basically it'd be a gears of war game in a humorous light!
Wouldn't it be fun to chainsaw someone and have them explode into a million little lego pieces?
Also i think it'd be funny if they tried to have a dark and serious gears story with lego characters.

Bleeding Star
08-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Im not saying that chainsawing LEGOs wouldnt be fun, but I dont think it would suit the Gears universe and story etc to have people jumping around, collecting and building bricks

Gears is a cover based shooter and I doubt thatd translate to the LEGO game, also Star Wars has The Force, Indiana, The Whip and Batman the gadgets and batarang to activate levers and objects etc

Gears dont have that

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Yea, you're right.
Well, i guess right now, they're trying to make lego games out of very popular franchises and as much as they can get their hands on. I mean, lego rockband? How much would that be different from the regular rockband?
I think the only difference they implemented is that everything is lego... that's it.

Bleeding Star
08-04-2009, 02:02 PM
I think LEGO rockband is kinda a joke game, I mean so far the song list is crazy stuff like Final Countdown, Song 2, Kung Fu fighting

I think its just there to get some funny songs into it, I would assume there would be alot of customization in the game as well due to the LEGO

Im hoping Never Gonna Give You Up gets in the game :P

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Im hoping Never Gonna Give You Up gets in the game :P
I think that they should make Never gonna Give You Up a DLC song.
I think that it'd be a great seller with everyone because of it's web popularity.
Also, lot's of people already know the song from youtube so.... i think a lot of people would get it... i'd get it.

Bleeding Star
08-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Id get it for sure, woulnt mind seeing it on Rock Band 2, speaking of which I need to get me a drum kit for that game

Sizzlebuzz
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I've never been into the lego games. I just don't see the appeal. Besides, if something like this were to happen, bungie or ES or something would jump onto it first.

Sith_Lords
08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
There is Lego set for everything, I've even seen a master chief one(not the whole set, just a character) and I don't think Tt will go on to get a license from ANOTHER game, that would be lame. (wow rhyme lol)

These are problem custom built - there are no official Halo Lego sets, IMO. It's possibly TT could, I don't see why not.