PDA

View Full Version : Tip on how to bomb in a plane

CaLLmeDoM94
08-04-2009, 03:21 AM
YouTube - How to drop the perfect bombs from a plane in Battlefield 1943

Here is how to drop the perfect bombs in Battlefield 1943 from a plane. What your gonna do is that when the tip of your plane, just covers your target, lift up very little, and then drop bombs. This helps me and I get tons of kills using this tactic.

Tieg
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll have to give you this...if we ever meet I hope your on my team...thats some pretty accurate bombing you got there.

OctagonQontrol
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
That's ACE!!! :eek:

And yes, I will go and practice soon; skills like this can make a huge difference on Guadalcanal, imho...

/edit: right, did a few rounds on Wake yesterday; vid helped me a lot... For the first time I got about 15 kills on the ground using bombing-runs...

OldBayFries
08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice!!. Thanks for that. Any tips on bombing in the other plane view? I cant use the plane view you're using.

OctagonQontrol
08-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Nice!!. Thanks for that. Any tips on bombing in the other plane view? I cant use the plane view you're using.
Really m8, try learning the cockpit-view... Although it's harder to estimate your height, it really helps bombing as well as dogfighting. On the outside view, you won't see a "blip" of enemy planes but when in the cockpit, you get a decent idea of where enemy planes are.

I had trouble as well learning to fly but about an hour in Tutorial-mode, it made a world of difference.

ZundayXx
08-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for that. But i already used this tactic, its not always that acurate tough, espacially on Guadalcanal you have to keep the mountains in mind.
Theres actually 2 steps in bombing: A GOOD LINE-UP!! People hardly ever discuss this ever but a good Line-Up is a starting of a good bombing run.
And + Im better off with my own tactic. I tryd this on the tanks in the tutorail but i always end up bombing the tank behind the other one or bombing the carrier xD

Good stuff for noobies, tough. This might make good pilots of some people.

OctagonQontrol
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Zunday, care to enlighten us a bit about your tactics, line-up and so on? I do know that a good line-up is half the work done, but I can imagine with 2 peeps shooting at you with heavy guns, a straight run is out of the question.

Myself I try to stay high (and make fast runs on Air Raids as well) and go into steep dive on high speed for ground-targets (which could make for an earlier drop and end up quite high above ground again).

Bloody_Hitman666
08-05-2009, 11:04 PM
i guess im gonna try bombing that way, normally i strife a base and then drop bombs, 1 time i shot a person in the head through a bunkers window, then some how ran someone over with the plane and then dropped the bombs and got 2 people with the bombs so i got 4 total people with 1 strife

ZundayXx
08-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Zunday, care to enlighten us a bit about your tactics, line-up and so on? I do know that a good line-up is half the work done, but I can imagine with 2 peeps shooting at you with heavy guns, a straight run is out of the question.

Myself I try to stay high (and make fast runs on Air Raids as well) and go into steep dive on high speed for ground-targets (which could make for an earlier drop and end up quite high above ground again).

Well. I useally just fly arround waiting for one of my team mates shouts ''ENEMY TANK!!'' or an Enemy tank kills someone. Then i go scout for it. Get a line up and simply bomb it straight up. Its all about practice with bombing and using what you like. I don't like Steep/Upward ( Shown in the video ) bombing. Upward somehow makes my bombs fly further and steep makes my bomb hellishly inacurate. ( Sometimes they even land NEXT to the target )
I would love to make a video to enlighten this more. But i don't really have a capture card. ( Capture cards are a rare sight to see in Dutch stores )

In basic terms: I use the standard method. When i get raped by AA i just bail out. I often land at enemy flags/right in the fight.

Sniperman
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
awesome, will try this next time i play, thanks.

DeafSunchaser
08-13-2009, 12:18 PM
nice 1 man will try out :)

Nozza XBA
08-13-2009, 12:49 PM
This may not help as I havent played this BF yet but ..

I tested BF on the PC for EA way back when and the tactic me and my mate used was to fly high. You can still spot and target enermies from a good height. We would then drop from the sky verticaly or at a slight angle right above the vehicle. When we were close enought (you can even drop then from a good height if the enermy is still, so you dont get close to the ground) and had enough room to still pull up and not crash we would drop the bombs. This means as we were pretty much dropping from the sky straight or at a little angle the bombs would just fall down one on top of each other and not in a line as if you were flying normally, meaning you bombs when dropped were landing behind/ahead of your target. 8 out of 10 times you would get a direct hit with a vertical drop and then you would just pull up into the sky again and find the next guy.

Im not sure if it will work on this BF as its a different game/consol etc but If it does it should work just as well.