PDA

View Full Version : Gears 2 Experience Level Lost

rEs
08-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi,

I got the new dark corners expansion a few days ago. Got to level 10 and unlocked a few achievements. However since then my console had the RROD, which is now fixed. The RROD didnt happen inside gears, so guessing it hasnt corrupted my save game. My profile and save game is on a memory card.

Anyway rushing back to gears, it seems i'm now back to experience level 1 on horde. Also looking at the war log, for example i have Did Not Go Gentle and Afraid of the Dark for playing and winnning on each dark corners map. However it shows 0/7 underneath the achievement in the war log.

Also the played horde games (trying to get to level 10 and wave 10, level 20 and wave 20 for the dark corners horde achievements). But the ones i've played have also been reset.

Where is the experience data stored, online or on your saved game? Is it possible to get it back when it messes up?

Thanks in advance

A 2rue boofer
08-04-2009, 08:15 AM
did you put the Memory card in your xbox and transfer it to your hard drive?

rEs
08-04-2009, 08:45 AM
At the moment, my profile is on the memory card. On the hard drive I have an old save game (copied off the memory card awhile ago, as a backup). Then on the memory card is my current savegame.

I moved my profile to the hdd, and booted up without the memory card, in gears using the hdd savegame I havent got my XP or progress on the horde achievements.

I tried to do the same test without the hdd, but without having the game updates, the war log doesn't seem to fully understand the dark corners achivements

martnic
08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Do you have a harddrive and a memory unit? if so, did you select the right save device?

Losing rank use to be a big problem on gears MP as the rank data was held on your MU/HD and so was easy to lose or get corrupted.

Since TU4 all rank data is held server side, to stop loss and reduce glitching.

The only thing I can think of was that the data upload got corrupted somehow. Try contacting Epic and tell them your problem.

jason86586
08-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I suggest that you search through the gears of war 2 forums as many people have experienced their ranks being reset.

Here's a link to get you started:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=974

PureTechniquex
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
It has happened to 2 of my friend's,

One was Level 70 & the other was a 63,

So Level 10 is no big deal; well not to make a thread about it anyway.

rEs
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
It has happened to 2 of my friend's,

One was Level 70 & the other was a 63,

So Level 10 is no big deal; well not to make a thread about it anyway.

Yeah mainly wanted to understand why it happened, so doesn't happen again further down the line.

Found this post
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=26658014&postcount=3
Basically says loading gears without the Title Updates (guessing happened when I had my hdd disconnected), messed up the data:(

Thanks all