PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 perks heading to Modern Warfare 2

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/962/top-ten-perks-headed-for-mw2

Infinity Ward has asked gamers for their Killstreak reward suggestions for Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer component
We got as excited as the next red-blooded male when the trailer for Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer dropped a couple of weeks back – customisable killstreaks? Check. Shooting the ground from a Lockheed AC-130? Check.
But what other tools of the soldiering trade is the developer planning to add to the game? If its recent Twitter poll is anything to go by, the top-rated ideas are currently as follows:
1. The ability to call in a supply drop. 968 votes
2. Suppressed (ie silenced) sniper rifles. 886 votes
3. Radar jammer that adds random red dots. 825 votes
4. Gunning from a chopper. 610 votes
5. B-52 carpet-bombing run on 20 kills. 492 votes
6. Individuals are entirely invisible to radar. 438 votes
7. Kit change or sniper support. 391 votes
8. Riot shield. 387 votes
9. Map-wide smoke screen. 324 votes
10. Ability to deploy radar decoys. 299 votes
Other features requested for the game include:
- Saveable killcams for glitch reporting. 1,464 votes
- Recordable killcams for redistribution. 860 votes
- Dynamic weather/time of day. 835 votes
- Gore and dismemberment from explosions. 684 votes
- Points for shooting down an AC-130. 571 votes
- An automatic/semi-automatic option at loadout. 520 votes
- An Abrams tank that rolls into the map. 284 votes

Get involved with the voting here.
http://twitter.infinityward.com/leaderboard/replies/

atomic viking54
08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
looks tight:woop: CANT WAIT

MarcoPolo360
08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
supply drop would be kewl

ThaFireman
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Damn, I don't see how this game is going to be released in November. Seems they are still hard at work at the game. Hopefully they don't half ass it and come out with it without it being fully done like GOW2.

monkeyhappy
08-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Some of those ideas are terrible.

Santa
08-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Damn, I don't see how this game is going to be released in November. Seems they are still hard at work at the game. Hopefully they don't half ass it and come out with it without it being fully done like GOW2.
August-September-October-November

Each month has average of 30 days, that's 120, minus the other years they have been working on it, they have 120 days - 40 (for weekends), they work a 5 hour day? It's very reasonable.

Try and work it out, it'll help next time :rolleyes:.

Exane22
08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
If they put in suppressed sniper rifles, I probably will not play the online. And this is coming from a die hard CoD4 fan.

ThaFireman
08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
If they put in suppressed sniper rifles, I probably will not play the online. And this is coming from a die hard CoD4 fan.
Yeah, put on silenced sniper, UAV jammer and you would practically invisible.

booja03
08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
silenced sniper rifles would completely overpower sniper rifles, CoD4 is bad enough with noobs spamming with the M21, now the suppressor would just encourage them to use uav jammer and they would be virtually invisible and almost impossible to find =/ riot shield is pretty dumb too tbh, im trying to think how it would work? it may work if it just does what juggernaut does and add maybe 30% health, but then again that would just overpower people who use juggernaut and a riot shield(if it were possible) - it would mean they would have 160% health which is just damn ridiculous

Outline
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
silenced sniper rifles would completely overpower sniper rifles, CoD4 is bad enough with noobs spamming with the M21, now the suppressor would just encourage them to use uav jammer and they would be virtually invisible and almost impossible to find =/ riot shield is pretty dumb too tbh, im trying to think how it would work? it may work if it just does what juggernaut does and add maybe 30% health, but then again that would just overpower people who use juggernaut and a riot shield(if it were possible) - it would mean they would have 160% health which is just damn ridiculous

Your post just made me hate humanity.

Tatanko
08-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Some of those ideas are AWFUL. Others are good, though. I would modify some of those, though. For example, instead of just having a semi/burst/full auto option for your class, I think there should be a button or menu option to change it mid-game. I know I would personally use that to it's fullest, but I can also bet there would be other less-skilled players that would leave it on one mode for the whole game and not care. If they need to restrict certain guns a bit to keep it balanced, only offer certain fire rates for those guns (i.e. no full auto, only semi and burst).

KFZ Scrubs
08-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Well i'm pretty sure the idea of people adding these ideas to overpower other people will run across their minds too.
I mean i doubt they'll add a riot shield because..... well yea that sounds dumb to me to.
Plus you'll basically be invincible (no really) if you put on juggernaut with it, they're just looking to us for ideas and seeing which ones they find interesting.

pX I Atticus
08-05-2009, 02:49 AM
looks good nice find

ThaFireman
08-05-2009, 03:36 AM
These are the only ones I wouldn't mind:

- Saveable killcams for glitch reporting. 1,464 votes
- Recordable killcams for redistribution. 860 votes
- Dynamic weather/time of day. 835 votes
- Gore and dismemberment from explosions. 684 votes

The rest of them seem too drastic.

KFZ Scrubs
08-05-2009, 05:27 AM
I'd love to see the weather change in game.... like playing in the snow and having your vision misconstrued by a blizzard or something at certain times making it feel a lot more realistic and put that heart beat sensor thing to use.
Also i'm if about the blood and gore stuff. I mean, some people might find it offensive. Also i hated it in gears of war when i'd kill someone right next to me and their freaking blood would get on my screen. I couldn't see anything for like 3 seconds and then i'd get killed during that time.

Magicman10893
08-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I like the Riot Shield. Using it in RB6V was funny (in campaign atleast, can't get a fucking online match to save my life). Also the savable kill cams, dynamic weather and time of day is awesome. The supply drop sounds cool and the selective fire sounds cool and doable, but some of the other stuff sounds fucked up. Sniper support and the tank and carpet bomb are kinda fucked up.

Also, the Radar Jammer ideas are awesome! I'd love to have a perk 1 that adds decoy red dots to set up ambushes and to throw them out by objectives to make them think more people are there are pretty cool ideas. And the crazy flurry of red dots sounds hilarious (as well as a rip off of the Radar Jammer equipment from Halo 3)!

Adasi
08-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Why would silencing sniper rifles be IMBA?

Have any of you played Hardcore...you may as well be silence in that...you shoot someone, they dont see where it's coming from...and for me, UAV jammer and silenced weapons is a must as i play the game very tactically instead of gungho-ing-mutha-fucka" style that some people choose to play as...

My personal choice would be for them to implement something ELSE into perk slot 1 so that EVERYONE didn't have either stopping power or juggernaught...

Magicman10893
08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Why would silencing sniper rifles be IMBA?

Have any of you played Hardcore...you may as well be silence in that...you shoot someone, they dont see where it's coming from...and for me, UAV jammer and silenced weapons is a must as i play the game very tactically instead of gungho-ing-mutha-fucka" style that some people choose to play as...

My personal choice would be for them to implement something ELSE into perk slot 1 so that EVERYONE didn't have either stopping power or juggernaught...

I think you mean perk slot 2

Dr Popodopolus
08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Terrible suggestions IMO. Maybe 1 or 2 that COULD be good. Most of them are so bad...

KFZ Scrubs
08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Has anyone here posted any suggestions yet?
If you have, post them here because i'd seriously like to hear what they are!
:)

Magicman10893
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Has anyone here posted any suggestions yet?
If you have, post them here because i'd seriously like to hear what they are!
:)

The ability to tell the difference between enemy and ally grenades. That way I won't have to die because I tried to throw a teamat's grenade away in the heat of battle only for it to blow up in my face or me to run away from my position to avoid a greande that wouldn't do any damage to me only to be gunned down around a corner. And a perk I thought of:

Extreme Perception: Grenade indicator appears at longer distances than normal (15 feet instead of 10 feet or what-ever the normal distance is)

Veggie Lad
08-05-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't really have any of my own ideas so I probably shouldn't say this but most of those ideas sound like garbage to me. Especially the riot shield, it may be fine in campaign but it could ruin online play, at least for me.
I know it isn't a perk but the weather changing would be the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life!

jochieboy
08-08-2009, 08:34 AM
They should create a new multiplayer-type, sort of king of the hill. If they only allow those silenced snipers in that type, you can have some serious tactical warfare in mw2, instead of the usual rush-die-respawn shit. Take an example from Operation flashpoint 2! (however, you need some really large maps for this)

The ability to tell the difference between enemy and ally grenades. That way I won't have to die because I tried to throw a teamat's grenade away in the heat of battle only for it to blow up in my face or me to run away from my position to avoid a greande that wouldn't do any damage to me only to be gunned down around a corner.

How would that be realistic? Can you tell the difference between an enemy grenade and an ally grenade in real life? Don't think so...

They should also add the ability to put on and take off your silencer from your gun. As the silencer normally reduces your accuracy but adds the effect that you can't be spotted so easily, but without you can be heard but have greater accuracy. I would switch between those modes quite often!

Maybe a suggestion to the scoring system: add a multiplier so that you gain about the same amount of points per game (varying if you play hardcore or something like that). Sometimes games in cod4 take ages only to be left with very few points, while other games net you way too much points in too little time.