PDA

View Full Version : Zuma Glitch To Get All Achievements!!! (Again?)

gavster31
08-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeh, the title of this thread is sure to get a lot of people excited or annoyed, but first of all I just want to put it out there that this is not a hoax for attention! Secondly I just want to point out that I don't know exactly how this happened, but I know for sure it did! So I will just try and lay out all the facts and perhaps at some point someone else out there will confirm if they can make the same thing happen.

I suck at Zuma. I don't overly suck, but I'd certainly blend in with the average player. However my missus absolutely rocks at this game, I can't even fathom it. So she used to play under my profile which is registered and active on live (gt: gavster31). I managed to contribute the Sharpshooter ach, she got the rest, the final and most painful of which was 2'000'000 scores which was completed about a month ago.

However not content with that, she then proceeded to play the game on her local profile on my xbox which is not registered on live nor ever has been. The achievements seemed to be stacking with consumate ease, Son of Sun, Coin Collector, Gap Finder and the stage-progressive ones. At the start of play today she was on Stage 11, so had the Stage 12, Stage 13, 2'000'000 scores and Sharpshooter ach were remaining. After finishing Adventure mode she had a score in the region of 1'000'000, but only 11 lives left, which would mean the 2'000'000 scores achievement hadn't been done, and the sharpshooter ach definitely hadn't been done.

This is where it get's interesting.. After Adventurer unlocked, it tried to update the score to the leaderboard, which obviously it couldn't do because it's not connected to live. Then 2 ach for 40G popped up. I got her to check what they were.. Sharpshooter and 2'000'000 scores. And the game is 200/200 on her profile now too.

So the question is why did this happen? It is clearly a glitch, one which has left her miffed because she wanted to do them for herself.. again! Is it because the game has already been completed once on this xbox and somehow the two save files have some shared data? Is it to do with the fact that this account has never been connected to live and when it updates to the leaderboard it is improperly coded?

The only reason this glitch hasn't been mentioned already is that I can't imagine there's too many gamers out there who have 200/200 Zuma and then proceeded to play the game again on a different profile. So perhaps someone out there who has 200/200 the game can try completing adventure mode on another offline profile and see if a similar thing happens?

So perhaps this glitch won't just get you the achievements all up for the first time.. or perhaps it will? But seeing as I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere I thought I'd just put it out there for anyone who's curious like me.

Glowin Smurff
08-05-2009, 02:04 AM
was your profile signed in at the same time? if so, sounds like an accidental second profile glitch.

gavster31
08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Nope that couldn't be the case. Xbox hadn't been touched all day til the lady turned it on, signed into her profile and loaded up Zuma. Thx for the suggestion though because I guess I didn't cover it in my post above. My bro's away at the moment and I was gonna import his tag to get him an ach in Dig Dug, but I might see if the same thing happens on Zuma for him..

Joel301
08-16-2009, 01:45 AM
isn't this account trading?

gavster31
08-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm assuming your talking about me importing my bro's gamertag? My bro was replaying through some games he had completed with me so I could finish them off as well. I had been teaching him how to do the DIG achievement in Dig Dug and eventually he did it and didn't get the achievement. I thought he was being a 'tard and I did it on his Xbox but still nothing. Some people still suffer a glitch where that achievement wont unlock. So I said to him that I knew it worked on mine and when I got back up here and he was away I'd do it for him.

Anyway.. back to the Zuma - still no suggestions?

Phrozan
09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Interesting those are the two achievements I am missing in this game and they are taking me forever to get.

gavster31
09-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeh they are killers dude - though if you get crackin you might get them before Zuma's Revenge hits XBLA to torment us all.

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Lame.......

B8TINGU
07-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Yea but you see the problem... yousaid you had already completed it once.. I know your girl was doing it on her profile but I'm a single guy and my GF don't like playing these games so I'm doing this myself...which means if I complete this then why would I need to go back and do this "glitch"? Anyway

Sucks for her cause she sounds like she was playing for fun but really this doesn't help me at all.. oh but the biggest concern here for me is this: your achievements will have been "Aquirred" off line meaning NO TIME STAMP... I really don't like achievements without TIME STAMPS.. if you know what I mean.

A Fiesty Raptor
01-10-2014, 04:30 AM
Can anyone confirm if this works or not?

pandaliamcod6
01-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Can anyone confirm if this works or not?

It does not.