PDA

View Full Version : Vidmasters.

M1ck3h
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
hie doods.

lets start some discussion 'bout the vidmasters.

so far im confused on the first one.

Vidmaster Challenge: Endure 25G
In Firefight, on any mission, passed the 4th Set on 4-player Heroic LIVE co-op.

i remember that dude from bungie saying there are rounds, sets and games or something. anyone wanna quote that thing he said, like there are 3 sets per round and 4 rounds per set i think it was. =/

Vidmaster Challenge: Déjà vu 25G
Completed Highway on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and no Hog or Scorpion.

should be fun. although its probably one some level with enemies re-spawning like crazy left, right and center.

Vidmaster Challenge: Classic 25G
Finished any level solo on Legendary, on LIVE, with no shots fired or grenades thrown.

pretty sure im gonna have to tape my hands together to do this, at some point im either gonna drop the controller, triggering a gun shot or subconsciously start spraying and praying after i get angry. ^^

what 'bout you guys. looking forward to getting RECONZZ.

ReallyRedPants
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
For the Deja Vu achievement, I'm guessing Highway is a level that you have to race to the end of it in a warthog (or scorpion I guess). And I assume it will be like the last level of Halo 3 where if you play on legendary with the iron skull with 4 players then there will be ghosts hidden somewhere for you to use. That's why it would be Deja Vu because it's just like the Annual achievement in H3. That's my speculation.

jason86586
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
mate u do realise that there isnt a official achievement list yet. So the achievements you mentioned in your post could possibly be fake. Wait until theres an official list before discussing.

ThaFireman
08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
mate u do realise that there isnt a official achievement list yet. So the achievements you mentioned in your post could possibly be fake. Wait until theres an official list before discussing.
It is pretty official. Bungie wouldn't ban people from their forums because of posting a false achievement list.

M1ck3h
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM

dude. the guy who originally got the leaked achievements downloaded them off the OFFICIAL xbox server. they're legit. :)

Liberated360
08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
dude. the guy who originally got the leaked achievements downloaded them off the OFFICIAL xbox server. they're legit. :)

I thought that guy was a hacker who somehow accessed the achievements (because that is possible) and showed them to the public.

Tarvu
08-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Looking at them and considering that he game is less than a month away, I would agree they are the real deal.

I think the De Ja Vu achievement could refer to the 3rd (real) level (Metropolis) from Halo 2, where you start on the bridge with a Warthog and a Scorpion you may use. Though it could also be referring to Vidmaster: Annual.

Coadster1
08-24-2009, 01:57 AM
For those of you who don't know this after you get all the Vidmaster Challenges on Halo 3 and Halo 3:ODST, you get Recon armor. Just wanted to point that out, to those who didn't get the memo.

turnaway
08-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Wow, i never knew that you get recon armor for getting all the vidmasters.. but idc anyways recon doesn't look GREAT.

Zerowind117
08-30-2009, 07:22 AM
For the Deja Vu achievement, I'm guessing Highway is a level that you have to race to the end of it in a warthog (or scorpion I guess). And I assume it will be like the last level of Halo 3 where if you play on legendary with the iron skull with 4 players then there will be ghosts hidden somewhere for you to use. That's why it would be Deja Vu because it's just like the Annual achievement in H3. That's my speculation.

It's titled Deja Vu because it's refering to the bridge level in Halo 2. This game takes place on Earth right after Chief leaves. In Halo 2, you traverse a long bridge with either a Hog or a Scorpion, so I'm assuming we cross a similar or the same bridge in ODST. Making it across without a vehicle could be tough, especially if there are as many Ghosts and Wraiths after you.

supakilla9
08-30-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm really looking forward to trying Vidmaster: Classic.

n1ck3sixty
08-30-2009, 09:06 AM
hie doods.

i remember that dude from bungie saying there are rounds, sets and games or something. anyone wanna quote that thing he said, like there are 3 sets per round and 4 rounds per set i think it was. =/

Completed Highway on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and no Hog or Scorpion.

should be fun. although its probably one some level with enemies re-spawning like crazy left, right and center.

Finished any level solo on Legendary, on LIVE, with no shots fired or grenades thrown.

pretty sure im gonna have to tape my hands together to do this, at some point im either gonna drop the controller, triggering a gun shot or subconsciously start spraying and praying after i get angry. ^^

"5 waves in a round, and 3 rounds in a set"

So it gonna b pretty hard to survive this, and if my math is correct, thats 60 rounds on Heroic with skulls randomly turned on. SO should b pretty hardcore.

supakilla9
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM

So it gonna b pretty hard to survive this, and if my math is correct, thats 60 rounds on Heroic with skulls randomly turned on. SO should b pretty hardcore.

I thought each set had a set skull? The first being Tough Luck.

Lil Cobra
08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I think u just have to beat the bonus round cuz in bip bap bam i heard the dude say bonus round.

kamakazegrunt27
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Classic sounds fun to do. Looking forward to getting recon.:Bounce:

Venomized
09-07-2009, 06:31 AM
hie doods.

You can check my achievement guide but I will just explain here. There are 5 waves in a Round and 3 Rounds in a set. The best map to do this on (in my opinion) is Crater since you get a height advantage, a turret, and only 2 ways the enimies can come up. Also the map is small so you can use the turret on most of the enimies.

The enemies dont respawn crazily, but there is a lot and it will be difficult to *SPOILER* protect the Elephant that Dare is in with just a mere ghost and a few weapons.

This one may not be as hard as you think. There is a mission called Uplift Reserve and you can just drive pass all the enemies (with the warthog, or you can board a ghost/chopper). So this one may be easier than we think.

Venomized
09-07-2009, 06:32 AM

60 rounds would be impossible. 60 waves . . .possible

thegamingspoon
09-07-2009, 06:48 AM
For the Deja Vu achievement, I'm guessing Highway is a level that you have to race to the end of it in a warthog (or scorpion I guess).... The achievement says no 'hogs and no tank that excludes scorpions and any warthogs, I'm presume you have scavenge some vehicles from the enemy or run like Hell

"5 waves in a round, and 3 rounds in a set" cba quoting it, but you have to make it to wave 5, (passed four for the mathematically challenged) but it'll be 15 rounds and 25 waves to do, but what about respawns? Are they're a conquest shared lives (one idiot ruins it) or separate lives, or no limit and just respawn when someones in a save place but what about the skulls when it turns respawns off?

Venomized
09-07-2009, 06:53 AM
The achievement says no 'hogs and no tank that excludes scorpions and any warthogs, I'm presume you have scavenge some vehicles from the enemy or run like Hell

Well you have to protect something (and stay alive). The person who presumes their is racing is wrong. You drive along the highway (until you reach your destination) and kill all the enemies so the thing you are protecting does not die. Nor you =p

thegamingspoon
09-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Well you have to protect something (and stay alive). The person who presumes their is racing is wrong. You drive along the highway (until you reach your destination) and kill all the enemies so the thing you are protecting does not die. Nor you =p I watched a short Vid, and this is a bit of a spoiler, if you dislike spoilers don't finish reading this post,
Highlight below for spoiler
you drive and protect something and then try to survive an attack and then kill a "sorta-boss"
Spoiler over

Venomized
09-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I watched a short Vid, and this is a bit of a spoiler, if you dislike spoilers don't finish reading this post,
Highlight below for spoiler
you drive and protect something and then try to survive an attack and then kill a "sorta-boss"
Spoiler over

Uhmm . . . excuse me but I don't know where you got this Boss thing.

**SPOILER**

You protect an Elephant which Dare drives, and once you get far enough you enter a tunnel and everyone gets out of their viechles. You then go to a building and you must fend off waves of enimies and that is the end of the game. (No Boss What so ever)

**SPOILER**

thegamingspoon
09-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Uhmm . . . excuse me but I don't know where you got this Boss thing.

**SPOILER**

You protect an Elephant which Dare drives, and once you get far enough you enter a tunnel and everyone gets out of their viechles. You then go to a building and you must fend off waves of enimies and that is the end of the game. (No Boss What so ever)

**SPOILER**

You don't know until you play the final mission yourself, the short vid did have some kind of boss that you had to fight with banshees

Venomized
09-07-2009, 07:20 AM
You don't know until you play the final mission yourself, the short vid did have some kind of boss that you had to fight with banshees

Called a Scarab. Which isn't a boss and the mission description said you can even avoid it.

thegamingspoon
09-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Called a Scarab. Which isn't a boss and the mission description said you can even avoid it. Far enough I was trying not to mission the name of the boss for spoiler reasons, but then it is a boss still, 'cos you get to choose to doesn't make it less of a boss

Venomized
09-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Far enough I was trying not to mission the name of the boss for spoiler reasons, but then it is a boss still, 'cos you get to choose to doesn't make it less of a boss

It isn't a boss . . . it takes 5 seconds to kill if you go on it and destroy the core. I cant even remember if it is on the last level. I will tell you later if it is on the last level. But if it is . . . it is near the beginning/middle. But it still doesn't make it a boss. Not even close.

thegamingspoon
09-07-2009, 07:28 AM
It isn't a boss . . . it takes 5 seconds to kill if you go on it and destroy the core. I cant even remember if it is on the last level. I will tell you later if it is on the last level. But if it is . . . it is near the beginning/middle. But it still doesn't make it a boss. Not even close. For a first time player, and as an ODST on legendary solo that will be one hell of a fight if they choose it, the problem with some games is one thing is a boss one mission then as another mission there is 5 of them at once

Venomized
09-07-2009, 07:32 AM
For a first time player, and as an ODST on legendary solo that will be one hell of a fight if they choose it, the problem with some games is one thing is a boss one mission then as another mission there is 5 of them at once

Legendary is actually quite easy on Halo 3: ODST. Also, playing solo is boring when play Halo (IMO). Destroying the Scarab on Legendary took 5 seconds. And the person who killed it was by them selves (since the teammate died and couldnt respawn)

Tony Raptor
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm going to just ask since it hasn't been adressed... are the Halo 3 skulls transferring over for game use or are we going to have to go through and locate them in the new game?

nappster187
09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm going to just ask since it hasn't been adressed... are the Halo 3 skulls transferring over for game use or are we going to have to go through and locate them in the new game?

I was thinking the same thing....

Tony Raptor
09-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I was too... seeing as the achievements only deal with using them, not attaining

Gizmo73O
09-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Almost certain I heard they didn't go about hiding them through the campaign this time around and they are all available from the get-go.

Tony Raptor
09-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Oh, that's cool. Should make the game a tad more interesting the first time around

Venomized
09-08-2009, 05:26 AM
Far enough I was trying not to mission the name of the boss for spoiler reasons, but then it is a boss still, 'cos you get to choose to doesn't make it less of a boss

This so called boss of yours is on the 3rd last mission which is a Scarab (which u dont even need to kill). That isn't a boss at all. I can confirm it is on the 3rd last mission, and I know for a fact that the scarab on the last mission you dont get to kill. Besides, there is no Boss in the entire game. The last mission sucks. And if you can avoid a powerful enemy . . . well that is not a boss, because it defeats the purpose of a Boss. A boss is someone you are suppose to destroy. I can't believe you were trying to tell me otherwise, and I had to go check to see what level this Scarab was on since I forgot. Jeeze, fool.

Venomized
09-08-2009, 05:28 AM

I can confirm you dont need to find them. They are already unlocked from the start.