PDA

View Full Version : MARVELOUS and GENUINE Challenges - HELP!

Warwingz
08-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I have one challenge left in each and would be grateful for some help in trying to get these. Any advice is appreciated. I'm using a controller for both.

First, the MARVELOUS challenge is the 6th one, where you have to complete a song without missing, and by getting at least 90% perfects. I can make it 15% of the way through before I miss. Not sure how to improve other than practice.

Second, the GENUINE challenge is the 3rd or 4th one, where you need to get mostly GOOD's, but not greats or perfects, without failing for about 12 bars. I can only do a couple of bars before I quickly fail.

Again, any help for these 2 challenges is greatly appreciated.

Warwingz

Teh Paralyzer
08-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Not much we can help you with we all get stuck here.

For getting a GOOD people say its easier to get the good after the arrow passes the target mark instead of before it. But it really depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Warwingz
09-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Well I'm pretty much giving up on MARVELOUS, since I can't get 100% with 90% perfects... that's insane.

I'm going to try to go for GENUINE though, and just practice popping some goods. Wish me luck :)

Wildfireskunk
10-28-2009, 11:22 PM
I got the game a week ago and just today 1000'd it, and am gonna write a guide to all the challenges as there are a lot of shortcuts you can take in some (although lots are still hard).

For the one where you have to get mostly goods, what I found easiest was going to teh game options and setting the timing to -7. On my ancient non-HD TV that made it so that if I hit the notes in time with the music I would get mostly goods and almosts. Took me about 10 minutes of constant play on that one after setting that, but I found it a lot easier than trying to do it with the timings set late.

As for the final challenge, I'm afraid there's no way around that one past just being good and practising. The D-pad on my Xbox gives me misses often (if I am holding left or right often it also holds up, so hitting up on the buttons won't register), so I use my 2 thumbs on the buttons to play instead, and find it a lot more reliable for not getting NCs.

that means you've already done the one before that, where you play Eternus, and have to not hit poison arrows, not get more than a 10 combo, and all that other stuff, whilst also playing the Dead End expert chart instead of the Eternus one? That one was my last one by a mile. SO HARD.

dakisbac
10-29-2009, 01:03 AM
I hope you actually go through with a guide, unlike the last guy. If you don't mind, can I PM you every now and then for an update? I really need the guide (I'm at about 880) so forgive me now for wanting this.

Wildfireskunk
11-02-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm definately in the process of doing it, worry not. Just will take me a little while as I work a lot at the moment ^^

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, the main thing I'll say is that there's no way to get the full 1k without being good at the game. Some of them require you to AAA sections of song, or to get 90% perfects or more throughout an entire song, and for those I'm afraid you have to be accurate, so make sure you're good enough to AA expert songs before attempting anything over about 960 :)

Xx Vesper Xx
11-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Every single person that I have talked to that got 1000 on DDR's all changed their timing settings for "GOODS". Am I the only person in the world to beat it with the TV on mute lol.

"I hope you actually go through with a guide, unlike the last guy."

ooOoO what was their name again?. The truth is though you have to be very good with DDR in the first place. A pen and paper and dedication is all you really need, a guide isn't going to help you alone.

dakisbac
11-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Every single person that I have talked to that got 1000 on DDR's all changed their timing settings for "GOODS". Am I the only person in the world to beat it with the TV on mute lol.

"I hope you actually go through with a guide, unlike the last guy."

ooOoO what was their name again?. The truth is though you have to be very good with DDR in the first place. A pen and paper and dedication is all you really need, a guide isn't going to help you alone.

I meant no offense to you. I've got the skill (with the controller >_>) and the time, all I need(ed) was some instruction on what exactly I have to do. For example, I have no idea how to change these settings for the GOOD challenges. Shit like that, and other challenge specific tips would really go a long way. Now that there's the possibility of doing it by syncing to Step Mania I may go back and start trying again- although I would like to see a guide in some form or another, even if you don't think it's really necessary

Xx Vesper Xx
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
All good bro I was just teasing. The "GOOD" challenges are tough because everyone has a different TV set.

The way I did it personally was just turn off the sound just play the song on mute. Best way I can explain it is you have to have the same mentality as playing the song on hidden.

Anyone can beat songs on maniac on hidden, the reason being because you know the timing of the beat, all you need to know is what arrows you need to hit.

For example you have 5 consecutive arrows coming up you land a "Perfect" on the first arrow, naturally if your timing with the beat was on que then all arrows would be "Perfect"

The same thing applies with getting "Goods" Naturally if the first arrow you get is "Good" then all will be "Good" if you didn't change the timing. With the TV on mute you just apply the beat in your head and hit the arrows to your own timing. Very hard to explain.

But like I said I have talked to everyone else who has done it which is like literally 5 people. They all changed their timing settings. So its a long shot.

What I did exactly was get a "Good" on the first arrow, then I looked at the bottom of the screen as if it was on "Hidden" mode. That's how I completed it. Once you do it once, the game is very easy for all those challenges.

Wildfireskunk
11-17-2009, 11:41 PM
"The truth is though you have to be very good with DDR in the first place. A pen and paper and dedication is all you really need, a guide isn't going to help you alone."

I agree totally, but a lot of people won't know exactly what these little tricks are. For instance, not everyone might think about tapping all 4 buttons to the beat of the song on some of the challenges that you can pass doing that. Also, for a lot of the ones that are made easier using Stepmania I'm explaining how to do that too :)

Muting the TV is jsut the same as long as you have a good sense of timing in your head, although since I play to the music rather than watching the arrows, I'd have trouble hitting the first note hehe. I'm used to hitting late to get good anyways as I do that quite a lot when I go to the arcades (lowest score passes are fun!).

Either way, guide should be up later this week. It's not hugely long, but I'm a busy man (lol). Hopefully it should help some people though, but the best advice is till to just get good at the game ^^

Now I'm waiting for them to release DSU3 here in the UK. I want another 1000gs! :p

IceKingz
11-18-2009, 02:11 AM
^ Awesome, thanks so much for your effort in the guide. I will be sure to start using it once I finish some of these other games that keep my attention. Also Vesper nice to chat again =P Hows the SF going? I heard your making a nice amount off of matches.

dakisbac
11-18-2009, 04:31 AM
"The truth is though you have to be very good with DDR in the first place. A pen and paper and dedication is all you really need, a guide isn't going to help you alone."

I agree totally, but a lot of people won't know exactly what these little tricks are. For instance, not everyone might think about tapping all 4 buttons to the beat of the song on some of the challenges that you can pass doing that. Also, for a lot of the ones that are made easier using Stepmania I'm explaining how to do that too :)

Muting the TV is jsut the same as long as you have a good sense of timing in your head, although since I play to the music rather than watching the arrows, I'd have trouble hitting the first note hehe. I'm used to hitting late to get good anyways as I do that quite a lot when I go to the arcades (lowest score passes are fun!).

Either way, guide should be up later this week. It's not hugely long, but I'm a busy man (lol). Hopefully it should help some people though, but the best advice is till to just get good at the game ^^

Now I'm waiting for them to release DSU3 here in the UK. I want another 1000gs! :p

Thanks man. A word of advice for you though- stay the hell away from the third game. The music is terrible, it's not very well put together, and the loading times are ATROCIOUS