PDA

View Full Version : Cant download update help for cod4

xThe Great 1
08-06-2009, 12:02 AM
When i go to download the update it wont let me cause it says to check my connection , but everything is fine, any help?

helta_skelta
08-06-2009, 01:17 AM
whats the update

J0shUK
08-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Have you downloaded off Live before? It may be that you have the ability to play games online, but not download. This could be due to port blockage or something. Try unplugging you router/modem, and reconnecting and see what happens. Also try an Xbox Live connection test, found on the dashboard, and see what results that gets.

catziIIa
08-06-2009, 04:33 AM
That happened to me aswell. I dont know what to do so i played CoD 5

v_thorne
08-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Have you downloaded off Live before? It may be that you have the ability to play games online, but not download. This could be due to port blockage or something. Try unplugging you router/modem, and reconnecting and see what happens. Also try an Xbox Live connection test, found on the dashboard, and see what results that gets.

If this doesn't work, you can also go and choose Test Settings. If it fails at some part, go into Edit Settings and set everything to manual. Test Settings again, it is suppose to fail, then reset everything to Automatic and retest your settings. Everything should pass this time.
If not, then you have a bigger problem.
Try turning off firewalls, ect.

N-Forced
08-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Are you sure the update came out today? Cause I played cod4 today and never got a prompt to update my game.

TheColdWolf
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
This same thing is happening with my Guitar Hero World Tour i just when offline and played some and then Metalica and never checked since too see if it will work will check later this afternoon though.