PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Final Fantasy XIII so far?

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 11:57 AM
There was an extended trailer and gameplay of Final Fantasy XIII, I would think that it could one of the greatest Final Fantasy that could be game of the year someday. I'm glad that the graphics is being used within the game, will be the same ones in the cinematics. The creators really had made some changes to it, including the battle system. Some people said that the battle system is like Infinite Undiscovery which you can only use one character to attack with, can't switch characters which sucks. Final Fantasy X was the better game for the Playstation 2, also only one that I kept on repeating and beating the game over again. Plus, I would like to hear your guys opinion about Final Fantasy XIII. For those who haven't seen the trailer or gameplay with or without commentary, you can watch it here~

YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII E3 2009 Extended Trailer [HQ] (Rate This Game)

YouTube - « Final Fantasy XIII » - 'Trial Version' Lightning Gameplay: Mini Tutorial (HD 720p)

YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII Demo Walkthrough Part 1 by GameSpot

YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII Demo Walkthrough Part 2 by GameSpot

oDrPepper
08-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I've hated every FF game since FF-10 but this one has got me interested again, but I think I'm going to have to rent it first.

Don't want to buy it and be dissapointed again.

KFZ Scrubs
08-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Me, i'm always up for a final fantasy that isn't a MMO.
But have you seen the latest screens for this game?
It looks like they're downgrading it to me, but they claim they aren't....
here...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166227
the before shots look better to me imo.

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Mhmm, I see. Yeah, I do like the before screenshots. The after screenshots looks like it smooth graphics to cover the sharpen ones.
:/

RadiantViper
08-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I liked the older FFs (3,4) more but I haven't played much of the newer ones. I might get this one, looks pretty cool.

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, but Final Fantasy X was like the best one that I ever played. X-2 was alright, just an continuation of Yuna's story. XII sucks, I really hate how the battle system goes and the characters are quite annoying.
D:

oDrPepper
08-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah, but Final Fantasy X was like the best one that I ever played. X-2 was alright, just an continuation of Yuna's story. XII sucks, I really hate how the battle system goes and the characters are quite annoying.
D:

Final Fantasy X isn't only the best Final Fantasy, it's the best game I have ever played.

I have Final Fantasy X-2 on the shelf behind me, it's the only PS2 game I actually own and have never brought myself round to playing it again.

Spliter Rifle
08-08-2009, 12:29 PM
It look like its going to be a smash hit.

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Final Fantasy X isn't only the best Final Fantasy, it's the best game I have ever played.

I have Final Fantasy X-2 on the shelf behind me, it's the only PS2 game I actually own and have never brought myself round to playing it again.

That's good, luckily that you didn't buy XII. It literally sucks, the battle system takes like a long time to attack. Final Fantasy games aren't meant to be MMOs which is kinda weird, but yet stupid.
D:

KFZ Scrubs
08-08-2009, 12:35 PM
D:

Yea, X was the best final fantasy i played.
But X-2 on the other hand was a piece of crap.
This is probably what i'm going to do know while i wait for the official release of FFXIII... play Final Fantasy X.

oDrPepper
08-08-2009, 12:36 PM
That's good, luckily that you didn't buy XII. It literally sucks, the battle system takes like a long time to attack. Final Fantasy games aren't meant to be MMOs which is kinda weird, but yet stupid.
D:

Oh, but I did buy XII and took it back to the store about 2 hours later. It was ridiculously bad.

I sold most of my PS2 games when I got rid of my PS2, but the craving of playing FF again made me buy another one cheap so I only have one game now.

jj1993
08-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Final Fantasy 12 wasn't THAT bad....I thought Vaan added nothing to the story apart from the stereotypical blonde hero. But Balthier gave me plenty of laughs.

I'm buying Final Fantasy 13 before any other game including Modern Warfare 2. Although I very much liked Final Fantasy 6, 7 and 9 my favourite one was Final Fantasy X.

Louis BCFC1875
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I think it will be fucking awesome, i'm a massive FF fan and have been playing them since FF7, if the game is anything like the 7, 8, 9, or 10, i will be very happy.

IZI SNiiPEZ IZI
08-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I can't believe no one has said that Final fantasy 7 isnt there favourite IMO it was the best out of the series, 10 comes a close second but the story and gameplay of final fantasy 7 was epic

RadiantViper
08-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I can't believe no one has said that Final fantasy 7 isnt there favourite IMO it was the best out of the series, 10 comes a close second but the story and gameplay of final fantasy 7 was epic

I never really got the big deal about FF7 ... I'm %100 ok with other people's opinions on it, it's just personally I didn't find it that great. Mostly found the plot kind of boring, nothing made me want to keep playing and find out what happened. Course I played it a while ago so I might play it again if I get the chance. I keep meaning to try FF10 as well, since everyone talks about it.

IZI SNiiPEZ IZI
08-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I never really got the big deal about FF7 ... I'm %100 ok with other people's opinions on it, it's just personally I didn't find it that great. Mostly found the plot kind of boring, nothing made me want to keep playing and find out what happened. Course I played it a while ago so I might play it again if I get the chance. I keep meaning to try FF10 as well, since everyone talks about it.

I loved the use of Materia in FF7 it brought something else to the game i.e griding to get the higher materia, i played it young and didnt really understand the story, so in the laters years i got back to it and enjoyed it alot

"X"
08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
It look like its going to be a smash hit.

Couldn't agree more, looks like a future classic.

Sadly i'm purchasing for the PS3. :eek:

SetsunaFSeiei
08-08-2009, 09:04 PM

I never played FF7, EVERYONE said it was great, im not gonna question them since i have yet to play it , my friend is able to get it to my PSP from his purchase of it on PSN

Crisis Core gave me an idea of Clouds past and i was feeling broken during the last fight when all the memory cards in the game starting fading away as Zack was dying (This is not a spoiler ... any one who played FFVII or watched Advent Children would know xD)

However it just seems to overrated to me, X was my first and favorite FF, Tidus was a great protagonist to me and the ending had me tearing up, Im glad they made X-2 to bring a happy end to it, however the gameplay for it sucked so much

J0shUK
08-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Can't wait for FFXIII. Looks immense. Played every FF since #6 (except hand held ones). FF9 has always been my favourite, but this could very well take its place.
I also hope out of some miracle, FFXIV will get ported to Xbox 360, but its wishful thinking... might have to buy it on PC.

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Can't wait for FFXIII. Looks immense. Played every FF since #6 (except hand held ones). FF9 has always been my favourite, but this could very well take its place.
I also hope out of some miracle, FFXIV will get ported to Xbox 360, but its wishful thinking... might have to buy it on PC.

Ah, I wanted to play FF9, but I didn't know about it back then till FFX came. The thing that I don't get is why they are making an FF14 when the actual FFXIII isn't released out? Plus, it looks like another MMOs type of thing.

J0shUK
08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Ah, I wanted to play FF9, but I didn't know about it back then till FFX came. The thing that I don't get is why they are making an FF14 when the actual FFXIII isn't released out? Plus, it looks like another MMOs type of thing.

The reason they are releasing FFXIV, is because it is a completely different game to FFXIII. FFXIV is coming in to replace FFXI which is now becoming dated.

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
The reason they are releasing FFXIV, is because it is a completely different game to FFXIII. FFXIV is coming in to replace FFXI which is now becoming dated.

Ah I see. Final Fantasy MMOs, they don't really match together.
D:

J0shUK
08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Ah I see. Final Fantasy MMOs, they don't really match together.
D:

Nah they are completely different things. Have you played XI? If not if its an OK game, especially if you are a FF fan, but I believe the servers are becoming a bit dead now. FFXIV looks pretty stunning though. Shame about dam PS3 getting the rights :(

J O 12 D
08-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I can't wait for this game, I lost interest of Final Fantasy totally when they brought out X-2 to be honest.
I loved Final Fantasy VIIII and X, absoltely brilliant games and can't wait to get back into playing a game that has a great storyline, takes a long time to complete and the new one looks like the perfect game so far. :)

FlameShana
08-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Nah they are completely different things. Have you played XI? If not if its an OK game, especially if you are a FF fan, but I believe the servers are becoming a bit dead now. FFXIV looks pretty stunning though. Shame about dam PS3 getting the rights :(

No, I never did. Yeah, shame for Playstation 3.
>.<

Gackt
08-09-2009, 12:16 AM
6 was the best, it all kinda went downhill from there(starting with 7) in my opinion.
But 13 Definitely looks good, I will be getting it for sure.

NaK Quinn
08-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Meh, 13 final fantasies? And I havnt played one? I'll wait for XX-2 or something.

Senate4242
08-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Its been my most anticipated games since it was first announced, many years ago. I will more than likely play through it on both PS3 and 360.

Been a huge Final Fantasy fan since the first for NES.

xKRisSxdarlingx
08-09-2009, 09:18 AM
this game is going to be epic. seems more so than ff7

Dan On Ur Face
08-09-2009, 10:38 AM
The faster this comes out, the better.

FTK KAMIKAZE
08-09-2009, 11:29 AM
this game is going to be a great addition to the collection.
i like the style of it so far, hope its gonna be a unique experience!

FlameShana
08-09-2009, 12:12 PM
this game is going to be a great addition to the collection.
i like the style of it so far, hope its gonna be a unique experience!

I couldn't have been more happy to agree more with you on this.
:3