PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth a rental?

DR SR PEANUT
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I was wondering if this game was at least worth a rental. I would go a rent it but all the reviews i've read said it sucked and i didnt want to throw away money.

Zef
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM
It is quite a good game, just takes time to complete.

Not really something I would buy, definately a rental.

TacticalChaos15
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I have the demo and it is really fun so yah, I would rent it. Or download the demo from the marketplace...

chewy
01-22-2007, 01:29 AM
I would agree that this game is a rental...if you are going to use the cheat codes to get the achievements. If you are not going to use them, not only is the game more enjoyable, but then it doesn't feel like a chore to play through and may be worth a purchase. Either way, I would say that it is worth playing since the 360 doesn't really have anything comparable (and no, Over-G doesn't count).

TheColdWolf
01-23-2007, 02:36 AM
I wasn't that good to me, but it is a good rental.:uzi:

eXiled Killah
01-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Definitely worth the rental. You can chew through it in a few days if you're just looking to get the points and use the cheats. Make sure you use invincibility and damage increase cheats ONLY!

Elite Hittokiri
01-24-2007, 03:40 AM
its good rent it

The Boat Rocker
02-22-2007, 11:01 PM
It's worth more than just a rental! Buy it and get online! That's where the real action is!

Mitty34
02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
In order to get the 1000 points for this game, i would say you would need to rent it through Gamefly or something like that. Depending on how long your rental is, i would say get gamefly if you want all 1000 points

RalliArtEvo
02-28-2007, 04:11 AM
fun game for sure, definetly worth a rental!

The Boat Rocker
03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Come on, this game isn't really worth the aggravation unless you put some time into it, which is probably going to take you 10+ hours to complete, 20+ if you're a crappy pilot like me.

The real value of this game is online. The XBox Live dogfight missions are what really make this game worth playing. Once you've tasted the blood of a real enemy, you'll wish you'd bought it instead of rented.

So find those old PS2 and original XBox games that you never completed or never replayed, trade them in at Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and get a used copy of Blazing Angels for what will amount to $10-$15 tops after trade ins.

Elfire313
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Definitely worth rental, possibly even used purchase.

killlah631
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
the achievements look really time consuming...is this true?

Elfire313
03-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Somewhat yes, but they are attainable.

Project KG
03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking of renting it also sounds good.

The Boat Rocker
03-12-2007, 05:39 AM
There's a reason there are only 7 and for 100+ points each.

Caboose13311
03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
i thought this game was terrible but thats just my opinion... i didnt get any achievments just cause i wasnt good at it

The Boat Rocker
03-16-2007, 10:04 PM
It's not terrible, it's just not instantly gratifying like Gears of War or Halo. This game requires the actual development of skills to be any good at it.

Project KG
03-16-2007, 10:37 PM
It's not terrible, it's just not instantly gratifying like Gears of War or Halo. This game requires the actual development of skills to be any good at it.Oh it isn't? So it's an ok kind of game? Nothing more?

KilluhKam
03-17-2007, 12:49 AM
i think the games not worth buying or renting, everyone who has a copy should go out into the backyard and set it on fire. this is one of the crappiest games on the 360 (same with Over-G and MotoGP 06) i rented it from gamefly, played it for like maybe 5 mins and it went straight back to the mail...i absoutely hate it i dont see how anyone could like this POS its tied for the worst game on the 360 with Over-G and MotoGP 06....all 3 need to be burned and never thought up of again

so in short...no dont rent or buy this POS

Project KG
03-17-2007, 02:14 AM
i think the games not worth buying or renting, everyone who has a copy should go out into the backyard and set it on fire. this is one of the crappiest games on the 360 (same with Over-G and MotoGP 06) i rented it from gamefly, played it for like maybe 5 mins and it went straight back to the mail...i absoutely hate it i dont see how anyone could like this POS its tied for the worst game on the 360 with Over-G and MotoGP 06....all 3 need to be burned and never thought up of again

so in short...no dont rent or buy this POSWhoa... I sense some anger.

The Boat Rocker
03-19-2007, 11:01 PM

so in short...no dont rent or buy this POS

He's full of it. It's my favorite game. The graphics get a little blurry when you're doing tight turns or flying in one direction at full speed because the designers wanted to simulate black outs and tunnel vision, but it's not that bad.

The controls require 3 or more functions to control the plane and find and fight the enemy planes, so you'll have to go through the training and get used to it, hence the need to actually develop some skills, but if you're interested in a challenging game with good replay value, this is definitely that.

There is one ridiculously difficult level early (Desert Reconnaissance) that you'll want to check the message boards to beat, but minus that level, the rest are progressively difficult, but beatable and enjoyable.

Once you have beaten the game (or even before) you will want to try the multi-player games on Xbox Live. That's where this game gets really fun. It's an addicting game once you get into it.

I personally don't recommend renting it because you probably won't have the time to put into it to gain all the achievements. I bought mine used and I play it all the time. And I'm not that great of a gamer.

Mystweaver
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
This sounds like flight sims in general.

I dont have this game, but I do have Over-G. It seems to me that people prefer this game to Over-G so I will definately give it a try.

Personally I love Over-G but like this, it requires personal flying skills and character upgrades. I also really like the g-force effects in Over-G and if they are represented well in this game, I am sure to enjoy it.

I rent through LoveFilm as there is no limit to how long you can keep the game so I'll probably keep it for a week or two and then return after completing it... and if I like it as much as quite a few people here do, Ill buy it.

GTPBigDog
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I've had it in my gamefly queue for a while but I've never gotten it, they must only have 3 copies and they are always out...

Anyone else notice there are never any games available "now" from gamefly? Everything I have in my queue is short wait.

Mace1982
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Well i liked it so much i bought it playing it online with some of those Americans is awesome i have not had so much fun in ages, definatly rent it you gotta remember reviews are a opinion and as many people know opinion's are like arsehole's everyone has one.

try the game yourself i love over g fighters but one magazine gave it a 1 outta 10 i think they were right for themselves but cannot speak for everyone.

hope this helps:woop:

ThrillKillBill
05-01-2007, 03:13 PM
i've "heard" this game sucks but i enjoyed the demo alot (even though i'm a crappy pilot) and i plan on buying it. but you my friend should use the age old method to decide. go rent it and if its worth it to you then buy it =-)

Mystweaver
05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Heh as it turned out, I went out and bought it second hand anyway. Spent all last night playing it... tis a great game...

I agree with mace on the arsehole thing... definately true; and if you dont like flight sims, you aint gonna like either this or Over-G... not much you can do about it... but in an "official" review you should at least have a little perspective.

Gogothdar
05-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah this game was pretty fun easy achievements that's for sure busted down 1000GS not hard at all

Bobtroid
06-10-2007, 06:11 AM
i got this coming from gamefly and hoping i can get some points off it and have fun.

deej brutal
06-10-2007, 10:47 PM
i actually find this game pretty fun, not the best game but im glad i bought it used. it took me a while to get used to especially when you have to fly off the carriers. but all in all i would say check it out

calzord
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
i got the game for 20 its ok but i still dont have any achievements it tough but you put some work in im sure its possible to get 700-1000.