PDA

View Full Version : Dream Build Play

KFZ Scrubs
08-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't know how much of you guys know what DBP is, but it's just kind of competition thing where people can develop their own game using specific programming and enter it into a competition where the winner will get 75k, XBLA publishing contract and submit it to XBL community games.
For specifics check out the website:
http://www.dreambuildplay.com/main/default.aspx
But i just though that i'd show you some of the amazing work that they've been doing it, it's really impressive. Also, the games you see here are games that we could possibly be playing in the near future.
Duality:
YouTube - Duality ZF - April 2009 Trailer - Dream Build Play 2009 (Xbox 360; Shoot'Em Up; Shmup; 2D Shooter)
Duality ZF features:
- Dual play, one player controls two fighters at once (optional)
- 6 game modes (home, survival, arcade, score rush, bullet hell, boss rush)
- 4 control modes (solo play, dual play, multidirectional, and g-mode)
- 4x local multiplayer
- 4x dual play, up to 8 fighters at once
- 96 different game styles
- 96 online scoreboards (individual and team scores)
- Imphenzia soundtrack
- Dual-SL, a duality spread-laser weapon

Laser Breaker:
YouTube - LaserBreaker (Dream Build Play 2009)
Information about the game is listed in the video while it's playing.

Goldens:
YouTube - Goldens Dream Build Play 2009

Golden is a 1-4 player match game where each play controls an excavator and tries to extract as many goldens from the mines as they can. Players can spend their goldens to upgrade their excavator. Features 3 settings, 3 track speeds, and 3 AI difficulty settings.
This game looks to be a fun multiplayer game.

Whilrly Gig:
YouTube - Whirlygig: Dream Build Play 2009 xbox game

The game is in a playable state where up to four people can battle it out by firing guidable rockets and piloting their helicopter into nooks that makes the hard to hit or just going all out kamakaze!

Burning Fist:
YouTube - Burning Fist (Dream Build Play 2009 Entry)
Honestly, it reminds me of the game mode in Tekken where you did the exact same thing... walk down a street and hit people.

And the best for last, IMO!
Magnetic Mind:
YouTube - Magnetic Mind
This game is beautiful, it's like LBP with your avatar and for the XBLA. This is my favorite one out of all of them.

Well, that's a little info and look see at what's going on in DBP. Check out the website in September to see who the winner is and what game we might be seeing soon. If you want to check out more games type in "Dream Big Play 2009" in youtube to see other submission videos.

Daiphyer.
08-08-2009, 11:08 PM
In some years, I'm gonna compete in one these.
P.S. I thought the winner could get job in a game producer company ? well, I think that's a different competition.

J0shUK
08-09-2009, 12:05 AM
A lot of Masters students at my Uni are doing this. I was offered the chance, but I still have a couple more years to learn before I would be able to work on anything half as good as these ;)

J O 12 D
08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Magnetic Mind looks brilliant, I hope some of these will be available on XBLA soon, i'd certainly pay for them.

KFZ Scrubs
08-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Magnetic Mind looks brilliant, I hope some of these will be available on XBLA soon, i'd certainly pay for them.
In my opinion, i think that that game will be the winner. I mean, it looks like a LBP for XBLA but with avatars instead of sackboys. But it looks so beautiful, especially for a XBLA game.