PDA

View Full Version : Recover Gamertag?

Carl Showalter
02-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Basicly me and my brother are getting new rooms but we both share the xbox 360 so the plan is we buy another one but my question is..

Can i somehow transfer my profile (gamertag) on that xbox to the new one . Cause ive worked hard to get gamerscore built up friends etc and i would hate it if i had to give up my profile

g4m3r7ag
02-22-2006, 08:11 PM
buy a memory unit, back up the profile, game saves, everything and put it on your xbox

rog666
02-24-2006, 08:29 AM
You'l need to be carefull when you are copying your save games though,
when i transfered a profile from one memory card to another i had to be logged into a different profile from the one i was transfering, but the awkward bit was that because i was in a different profile, when i copied the game saves to the other memory card the game saves suddenly belonged to the other profile that i was logged into, so i had to log back into my profile and copy them again! (hope that makes sense)
in short, copy your profile then log into it then copy the saves, or copy the saves first before you log out of your profile.

g4m3r7ag
02-24-2006, 08:11 PM
in short, log onto your main profile, copy gamesaves to memory card, log onto crap/other profile, copy main profile