PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated on Vehicle Levels?

PaleGringo
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I know that everybody's default answer will be "but but the other threds hav teh secretz!" so before anybody starts trying to lecture me about things that have already been posted (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9323), let me ensure you that I've been through the information already and haven't seen anything that helps.

So I ask you, kind reader, to be the voice of reason and aide.

I'm stuck on Hoth Battle (V-1). I mean really stuck. I can get through the entire thing no problems until the last part, with the attack wave of the two AT-AT's. I down one the normal way and every time I try to get a bomb (which are the stupidest convention in the game... hands down) I get shot to hell or crash into an otherwise solid object. I mean I have done this more than two dozen times. Any ideas on this part?

I'm going to grab some of the other levels while you discuss that amongst yourselves.

ScottEvil30
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
hmmm out of the vehicle levels this was easiest to me.

just make sure that you clear the area of all other enemies before you even try taking on the AT-ATs. makes things a lot easier.

ScottEvil30
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
oh and don't shoot any of the landscape until you NEED hearts.

Cyrex
01-30-2007, 01:44 AM
my advice would be different, all you do is hold down X you will go through everything, when you need a heart charge a AT-ST and you will get one i got it on my first try

I N64 I MaRiO
01-30-2007, 02:13 AM
:eek: hoth battle was the easiest one... but fly around do crazy manuevering and dont run into walls....or lazers because you'll die;)

zebatov
01-31-2007, 01:18 AM
I know that everybody's default answer will be "but but the other threds hav teh secretz!" so before anybody starts trying to lecture me about things that have already been posted (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9323), let me ensure you that I've been through the information already and haven't seen anything that helps.

So I ask you, kind reader, to be the voice of reason and aide.

I'm stuck on Hoth Battle (V-1). I mean really stuck. I can get through the entire thing no problems until the last part, with the attack wave of the two AT-AT's. I down one the normal way and every time I try to get a bomb (which are the stupidest convention in the game... hands down) I get shot to hell or crash into an otherwise solid object. I mean I have done this more than two dozen times. Any ideas on this part?

I'm going to grab some of the other levels while you discuss that amongst yourselves.

Yeah, I got this one on my third try. Shoot TIEs for hearts and dodge. That's all. The one with the Millenium Falcon is even harder.

my advice would be different, all you do is hold down X you will go through everything, when you need a heart charge a AT-ST and you will get one i got it on my first try

This is bad advice.

PaleGringo
01-31-2007, 02:08 AM
Muchas gracias to the community for the help thus far. I actually got through Hoth Battle and got that achievement just this weekend. What helped me out was doing what I normally do, but on the next to last wave with two AT-AT's, I just flew around the ring, shooting enemies until fewer were around and then took them out. In the final wave, enemies don't respawn so as long as you get past the two AT-AT's, you're set.

I did a run on Falcon Flight (V-3) and it SUCKED. The turbolasers on the Star Destroyers aren't the problem for me there... I use a TIE Interceptor and do well enough to get to the asteroid field. Once I'm in that field, I get shredded from all sides by enemy craft and asteroids that decide not to blow up when I need them to. I'm thinking a TIE Bomber or Y-Wing might be better to use in this part because of the increased torpedo capacity.

Ideas?

Cyrex
01-31-2007, 04:14 PM
This is bad advice.

i know it may sound like bad advice but i did it on my first try the AT-ST's and the floating droids drop hearts almost everytime

PaleGringo
02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Still looking to finish this one up. I tried the VI-6 level and can get past the star destoryers fine on that one too, but have a bitch of a time inside the death star. My best through the level so far is dying three times, and three more stupid deaths flying out of the level.

Help?

TheStyxCrossing
02-06-2007, 02:07 AM
I hear you with the falcon flight level. While you're on the subject of the flying level achievements...you mentioned going on to get the other achievements until you got some feedback about hoth...but when I try to go do other undefeated levels out of order...it wont give me the achievement. Is this normal? Any ideas?

Cyrex
02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
you have to have no extra's on

TheStyxCrossing
02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Right, I didn't have any on but It wouldn't give me the achievement.

SuperPhillip
02-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Still looking to finish this one up. I tried the VI-6 level and can get past the star destoryers fine on that one too, but have a bitch of a time inside the death star. My best through the level so far is dying three times, and three more stupid deaths flying out of the level.

Help?

I never got that one either. It appears that that achievement is one of the hardest to get period. :[

Autoflow
02-08-2007, 08:25 AM
I just got VI-6 i did the first part with the falcon real fast then as soon as i hit the asteroid field i switched to vader tie. i flew thru real quick shooting collecting torpedos and when u get to the block as long as u dont venture to far out they wont shoot at you and you only need to go out for one extra toepedo. next section just keep getting the torpeedos from the worm and last section lots of zig zags while you wait foe the bullseye thing. i did it my first try this way as apposed to trying with slower vehicles.

im having a real hard time with the death star..........

ruff
06-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I made about 3-4 sweeps before I attempted to bring one down. And while I was doing that, my turns around em were big so I could hit things coming towards me. After I brought em down, I made another sweep thru an threw a bomb at em.

After taking both of em out, the last sweep of baddies is too easy :)

sn1p3rsc0p3
06-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I really wish there were easier ways to do this stuff.... anyone got any reallllly easy ways for the flight levels?