PDA

View Full Version : Massive whine about PC, LIVE and Halo 2

Owen H Brown
08-09-2009, 04:05 AM
I am SO angry right about now people.
I cannot understand why Microsoft has permitted such a rage-inducing fault in Halo 2.
It beggars belief, the ignorance and stupidity that the people who ported this title to PC, who had the goal of including achievements in the game, who for some god-awful unknown reason have made a game that FORCES you to restart a level if you CTD or lose your LIVE connection, lest you miss out on the achievement you're going for. In my case it is finishing the game on Legendary difficulty.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Just then I when was about 70% through the first level on the Delta Halo, which is a pretty big level, the game does a CTD, which in a game like Fallout 3 is simply fixed by a reboot, however in Halo 2 it means that ALL the process you've made in whatever level you're on is TOTALLY forgotten by LIVE, that's why you have to restart.

As you can imagine, I am extremely pissed off. This fault is inexcusable. Over an hour of my morning WASTED.

Why in God's name can't the last checkpoint be a valid place to resume play? It does not make any sense, it could have been avoided so easily.
Please add your annoyance to this thread if you too have felt my pain.

Are there any user made mods to fix this?

Lazthelost
08-14-2009, 08:00 PM
the exact thing happened to me. I was working on beating a level without dying and this crap came up. I finished it but no achievement. It's just retarded.

baddad117
09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
happened to me to, beat the game on heroic, no achievement unlocked. already completed on normal and got that achievement. wanted to do heroic then legendary. but after finishing on heroic and no achievment I won't put the time in for legendary and not have it unlock.