PDA

View Full Version : Parachute with NO Plane!

KNUCKS x360a
08-09-2009, 04:34 AM
I did a search & couldn't find anything on this. Its got me out of a few jams!

If you're high enough up (Tall buildings, Sniper towers, Hills/Peaks etc), you can jump from full height & activate the Parachute to break your fall without ever having been in an aircraft!...:p

Its especially useful on Guadalcanal if you need to make a sharp exit off one of those Mountaintops! Or if you're sniping from a tower & have been hit/discovered, you can jump out from the top, injured & still survive!

[I button bash 'A' rather than just pressing once - You have to be quick!]

Bloody_Hitman666
08-09-2009, 04:36 AM
I did a search & couldn't find anything on this. Its got me out of a few jams!

If you're high enough up (Tall buildings, Sniper towers, Hills/Peaks etc), you can jump from full height & activate the Parachute to break your fall without ever having been in an aircraft!...:p

Its especially useful on Guadalcanal if you need to make a sharp exit off one of those Mountaintops! Or if you're sniping from a tower & have been hit/discovered, you can jump out from the top, injured & still survive!

[I button bash 'A' rather than just pressing once - You have to be quick!]

umm im pretty sure alot of people knew that, ive seen alot of people doing off carreers into the water lol

KNUCKS x360a
08-09-2009, 04:52 AM
umm im pretty sure alot of people knew that, ive seen alot of people doing off carreers into the water lol

Umm, I never saw them & there are no Threads about it so I thought I'd make one lol ;)

Nightbeam
08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I discovered it when I decided to pull a kamikaze off of the lighthouse on that one map. Surprised me when I survived (didn't know I hit "a").

Shelton
08-09-2009, 01:14 PM
It's the same as Modern Combat. Odd that they decided to exclude parachutes from Bad Company...

Muckrak3r
08-09-2009, 09:43 PM
It's the same as Modern Combat. Odd that they decided to exclude parachutes from Bad Company...

probably because it was so vastly over-used in modern combat. i loved it because it was so easy to kill off the idiots swinging back and forth slowly to earth when they would pull their chute off a building...

in this game - cool find OP - it's not nearly as useful as there are so few locations to use it.

i seriously think they took it out of bad company because of the heavy use in the previous title...

KNUCKS x360a
08-09-2009, 10:34 PM
I even booted it up (BF:BC) thinking I'd missed something! - After my first 'SPLAT' from a chopper, I realised I hadn't! :p

in this game - cool find OP - it's not nearly as useful as there are so few locations to use it.

i seriously think they took it out of bad company because of the heavy use in the previous title...

Yeah there's only about 5-6 places in 1943 its any real help unfortunately...
Never played MC yet so I think that's why folks knew before me!

Wonder if they'll make it in to BF:BC2? - I hope so!

MarcoPolo360
08-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Nice find, dude.

APX
08-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Everybody knew about this, but I find it fun just jumping off mountains out of pure boredom and when there's someone hiding behind a rock, I can noob tube them while floating. :)